Stats: 3,151,933 members, 7,814,167 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 (64626 Views)

Tecno P9 Phantom PAD Mini Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom Pad N9 - A Combination Of Phone And Tablet / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 7:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
1stnoble: I don't see any reason for all dese argument.
Let's look back into d world of telecommunication. First when sim cards came out, I remember my dad bought his for 35k, and bought a nokia 3310 for 40k. Now what's the price of d both? 100naira and 400naira respectively.
But there after as other competitors started coming up their price came down gradually.
So my point here is simple and straight, tecno is a rising competitor, I use a samsung galaxy s3 nd a tecno f7
I understand yovr what you ar trying to say. Basic thing they do the same. That you dont see what your s3 can do dat ur f7 cant doesnt mean there isnt. Afterall, for a light user who has a D5 and an s4 would tell u he doesnt see what his s4 can dat his d5 cant. Put the two phones to the test oe time and see which survives, run a benchmark 3or both an see for yourself. An s3 would be more relevant than an f7 in two years time even tho the f7 was released before. Reason being that an f7 would die with jb 4.2.1 while the s3 will get updates up to KLP 5.0. Talk abnut multi-tasking? Processor speed for gammers? There is a reason one is called high-end and the oder mid-range it is evident in performance, efficiency and durability and all that reflects on the price.

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 7:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
1stnoble:
Your talk about tecno competing with iphone and samsung is not true. My problem is you judge from the Nigerian market only. If tecno is so confident of their products, why do they aim the third-world markets only? They bring cheap affordable sub-standard products here knowing how guliable the african people are. The key to prominence in the mobile tech business is inovation. Apple and samsung are where they are because of the new things they brought into mobile tech. Its not hard to do what tecno is doing. I myself can do what tecno is doing with the available resources at hand. For example, tecnos flagship, the f7 is already seen as outdatet technology in the devoloped markets. F7 is not better than an s2 and an iphone4s from 2011. All tecno does is copy and paste the hardwares of former flagships of other top brands. If tecno doesnt bring anything new, they will never dominate the global market. You tend to think the nigerian market means shi4t. BB was once the highest selling smartphone in naija at some point, but at that same time, their global sales were seen as poor. While the big dogs like sammy are thinking of introducing things like 5g bandwidth, 4gb ram for mobile phones, flexible displays into mobile tech, tecno is having 2011 technology as its flagship and you tell me tecno will rival sammy and iphone in the global market? Man, you are a big joke.

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by blackweaver(m): 7:08pm On Jul 13, 2013
1stnoble:
Guys soon we will see the real price of samsung products and iPhone. Tecno is their challenge.

just wondering, do you have any idea of their sales in china? after all tecno is a chinese phone.
Perhaps the build quality is ok but if tecno is selling more in Nigeria than in any other country doesn't it say something?

i think the argument that most pro-samsung users adopt is that nigeria has a reputation as a dumping ground because their certification standard is not strict. If lenovo, another chinese company sold their devices here i don't think we'd have as much argument over the matter because they are known to sell their devices in countries that have stricter certification standards. In other words, when tecno starts selling on amazon.com i will get over my reservations on buying a tecno and accept that they are on par with other popular brands

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 1stnoble(m): 7:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
blackweaver:

just wondering, do you have any idea of their sales in china? after all tecno is a chinese phone.

You have spoken well though, I understand what you are saying. Its all about marketing strategy, rome they say was not built in a day. They found a place in nigeria to better their product name, as time goes oin, and as more nigerians use their product, they will be recognised in other african countries and soon the world. My father always say "always plant your seed where you know it will grow, soon it will find favour in the soil around" that's just it. They are planting in nigeria doesn't mean they are bad, we should be happy about that.

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Leopantro: 8:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
caukerzee: Your talk about tecno competing with iphone and samsung is not true. My problem is you judge from the Nigerian market only. If tecno is so confident of their products, why do they aim the third-world markets only? They bring cheap affordable sub-standard products here knowing how guliable the african people are. The key to prominence in the mobile tech business is inovation. Apple and samsung are where they are because of the new things they brought into mobile tech. Its not hard to do what tecno is doing. I myself can do what tecno is doing with the available resources at hand. For example, tecnos flagship, the f7 is already seen as outdatet technology in the devoloped markets. F7 is not better than an s2 and an iphone4s from 2011. All tecno does is copy and paste the hardwares of former flagships of other top brands. If tecno doesnt bring anything new, they will never dominate the global market. You tend to think the nigerian market means shi4t. BB was once the highest selling smartphone in naija at some point, but at that same time, their global sales were seen as poor. While the big dogs like sammy are thinking of introducing things like 5g bandwidth, 4gb ram for mobile phones, flexible displays into mobile tech, tecno is having 2011 technology as its flagship and you tell me tecno will rival sammy and iphone in the global market? Man, you are a big joke.

good point here
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by blackweaver(m): 8:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
1stnoble:

You have spoken well though, I understand what you are saying. Its all about marketing strategy, rome they say was not built in a day. They found a place in nigeria to better their product name, as time goes oin, and as more nigerians use their product, they will be recognised in other african countries and soon the world. My father always say "always plant your seed where you know it will grow, soon it will find favour in the soil around" that's just it. They are planting in nigeria doesn't mean they are bad, we should be happy about that.

No argument with that

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 1stnoble(m): 8:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
caukerzee:

Man u really need to know how to express yourself in places like this. Don't go about showing others your attitude.
I will ask you now, was samsung or iPhone product the first mobile phone? Did they come up with a new idea as they came? They definitely copied from another company. Sometimes we just want to wake up and get an alert of 1billion naira without starting from somewhere. Even if they copied, it must have had an agreement from the company they copied from. You never can tell, they might be working on something soon. If you read well, you will see that I said rome wasn't built in a day. Its all planning. I am a fan of tecno, no matter what I give them thumbs up.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ciphoenix: 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
1stnoble:

Man u really need to know how to express yourself in places like this. Don't go about showing others your attitude.
I will ask you now, was samsung or iPhone product the first mobile phone? Did they come up with a new idea as they came? They definitely copied from another company. Sometimes we just want to wake up and get an alert of 1billion naira without starting from somewhere. Even if they copied, it must have had an agreement from the company they copied from. You never can tell, they might be working on something soon. If you read well, you will see that I said rome wasn't built in a day. Its all planning. I am a fan of tecno, no matter what I give them thumbs up.
the first iPhone redefined "smartphone" so too the galaxy range didn't start slow wink

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
Here

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 1stnoble(m): 9:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
ciphoenix: the first iPhone redefined "smartphone" so too the galaxy range didn't start slow wink

Now u said first iPhone redefined smartphone. So therefore there was a smartphone. Guy reason well o. Na them start am? And also galaxy didn't start slow, but still they didn't start first.
Y'all just hating on tecno for no reason, if you got money to buy a galaxy, na for ur pocket. Allow who wants to buy a tecno to buy.

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by adetola44(m): 2:15am On Jul 14, 2013
Dear Samsung !
If you design a phone for humans,
why don't you show some humanity while
pricing it??
PrinCess....

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=664144263612995&id=167255903301836&refid=7&_ft_=qid.5900267699413066812%3Amf_story_key.5801657989034762290

Status update from a Fb frnd she is nt a nigerian...Na Yankee Baby..that aside...

Am a Tecno fan nd a lover of great things nd achievement, am not saying Tecno is the best or they are at there best buh we should all realize that Rome was nt built in a day, Samsung did start from the Top, they where like Tecno at the advent of mobile phones in nigeria...cos i could remember vividly wen 3310 was the king of phones then, Samsung started with low cost bluescreen phone that couldnt compete with 3310 in strength nd durability, buh here they are today outdoing nokia, we dont nid to call each other names just to prove our point....electronic gadget lifes generally depend on how it is been use..Am usng S3 nd N3 nd seriously ave been able to customize my N3 to compete in equal shoulder with SII nd provably my S3....Althought u may not compare death with sleep buh give respect to sumone that slip for a whole week without wakn up....

Postn from my 8month old N3 that has fallen down times without number nd still function vewi wella! nd can hardly type with my S3 dat fall down twice or so nd i couldnt type witout usin pain killer...

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by samsard(m): 2:31am On Jul 14, 2013
30card: bro sorry but it seems u didnt view the specs of the n9 properly , it has a gpu and the gpu it runs is thw powervr sgx 544 while the samsung carries powervr sgx 540
He claimed to be a geek but concluded a smart-tab doesn't have a gpu(what is gonna render the graphics then?). Even my 2009 HTC touch pro 2 windows mobile device has a one(an adreno 130)
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ciphoenix: 3:46am On Jul 14, 2013
1stnoble:

Now u said first iPhone redefined smartphone. So therefore there was a smartphone. Guy reason well o. Na them start am? And also galaxy didn't start slow, but still they didn't start first.
Y'all just hating on tecno for no reason, if you got money to buy a galaxy, na for ur pocket. Allow who wants to buy a tecno to buy.

Uhmmm who's hating on tecno?
You fail to get my point.
You keep saying the low specs compared to the top dogs is due to the fact they just started out.
Others had a beginning as well. Game changing ones at that
My point is: the specs are due to their efforts to keep cost of production as low as possible.
Why should I hate on any brand? cheesy I don't own them, do I? Neither am I the one buying. I'll get what I desire regardless of anyone's thoughts smiley (crazy expensive or cheap)

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 6:50am On Jul 14, 2013
adetola44: Dear Samsung !
pricing it??
PrinCess....

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=664144263612995&id=167255903301836&refid=7&_ft_=qid.5900267699413066812%3Amf_story_key.5801657989034762290

Status update from a Fb frnd she is nt a nigerian...Na Yankee Baby..that aside...

Am a Tecno fan nd a lover of great things nd achievement, am not saying Tecno is the best
you try to make it look as if that person is from a developed country. That is a page owned by a pakistanees from pakistan. The standard of living in pakistan is not any better, if not worse. Tecno is aimed at the third world market because they know its only here they will sell. You dont have to lie you are using an s3 to proove a point.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 6:58am On Jul 14, 2013
adetola44: Dear Samsung !
pricing it??
PrinCess....

Am a Tecno fan nd a lover of great things nd achievement, am not saying Tecno is the best
The certification standards in this country are low and thats why you even see tecno phones here to buy. No matter how you costomize your n3, it cannot out perform an s2 or 3. FYI, My phone has also fallen countless times, but its still in perfect working condition. The game you are trying to play here is putting samsung down. Sorry dude its not working. Tecno phones may be good to your taste, but samsung phones are superior. Thats what y all dont wanna accept.

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 14, 2013
caukerzee: Dont transfer your poverty frustration on me. No be me cause am na ur ansestors for village. I said i was getting a sammy tablet means im getting this one huh? There are no better samsung tablets than this one?? I am really begining to believe that tecno is making people dumb for real as someone said. Cheap particle is low quality. Im not so poor as you are that i look at price when going to buy an electronic gadget. Tecno s build is crap, durability equals zero, 2nd hand value very low, protection against health hazards i.e radiation, it doesnt provide. The brainwashed fool here is you and your bandwagon. A few things to check is what i mentioned and not just to look at the price with some decieving specs. But as a poor wretch that you are, cheap particle is what you would always go foor. Blooldy retard!

guy make up Ur mind. u don't look at price. but u look at second hand value. which means 1.... u re so poor u only buy second hand 2... u re mad at tecno becos people so much luv thr phone and find it hard to relinquish even though most tecno users re android newbies frm bb..u couldn't find second hand tecno

sorry no vex

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2013
patmaine:

guy make up Ur mind. u don't look at price. but u look at second hand value. which means 1.... u re so poor u only buy second hand 2... u re mad at tecno becos people so much luv thr phone and find it hard to relinquish even though most tecno users re android newbies frm bb..u couldn't find second hand tecno

sorry no vex
Hahahahahahaha.....dullard it took you one day to come up with a reply for me. you bloody re.tard. im sure u went to pack blocks so u can get 100 naira to get free mb. in the end you poor thing could not make a single sense. i raised more than one point there, but the only ond you could attack was 2nd hand value because you are a church rat who can relate to that since you never buy new things and is used to 2nd hand things. that phrase really rang a big bell in your dumb head. porverty plus dumbness plus tecno equals...haha...it sucks to be you right now. bloody retard.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 14, 2013
caukerzee: Hahahahahahaha.....dullard it took you one day to come up with a reply for me. you bloody re.tard. im sure u went to pack blocks so u can get 100 naira to get free mb. in the end you poor thing could not make a single sense. i raised more than one point there, but the only ond you could attack was 2nd hand value because you are a church rat who can relate to that since you never buy new things and is used to 2nd hand things. that phrase really rang a big bell in your dumb head. porverty plus dumbness plus tecno equals...haha...it sucks to be you right now. bloody retard.

bro....it really sucks to be me right now. dis weekend flexing d level of highness. na God o..
bro i don't use tecno though I ve flexed. I only sell. but believe me. u can buy Wat ever gadget from me.
forget d free mb matter. ask hollaslyd him go tell u.
HTC fanboy here....
but just lay off tecno dem be my meal ticket....

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 7:54pm On Jul 14, 2013
patmaine:

bro....it really sucks to be me right now. dis weekend flexing d level of highness. na God o..
bro i don't use tecno though I ve flexed. I only sell. but believe me. u can buy Wat ever gadget from me.
HTC fanboy here....
aint got no problems with tecno, got problems with their users who keep putting their phones in our faces and forcing it on us, telling us our phones are overhyped and overpriced, and making making some meaningless comparisms so they could take a jibe at us. we cool?

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 7:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
patmaine:

HTC fanboy here....
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 14, 2013
[quote author=caukerzee][/quote]

Ofcourse we re cool. don't take nairaland beef seriously...
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
like I said most tecno users are converted bb users. if Ur re ok wit just social network u re good wit tecno. but some guys do more wit thr phones dats whr Samsung HTC come in. but seriously for me I ll choose tecno over any windows phone

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 3:48am On Jul 15, 2013
patmaine:
like I said most tecno users are converted bb users. if Ur re ok wit just social network u re good wit tecno. but some guys do more wit thr phones dats whr Samsung HTC come in. but seriously for me I ll choose tecno over any windows phone
sure, anyday because of the OS factor.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by lat4real: 5:05am On Jul 15, 2013
patmaine:

Pls tell us what your Samsung and HTC can do that tecno can't do?

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 5:35am On Jul 15, 2013
How many times willi tell u guys that tecno is not better! Tecno is cheaper!

it begining to annoy me cos my fellow nairalanders does not know the meaning of the word "BETTER"
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 15, 2013
lat4real:

Pls tell us what your Samsung and HTC can do that tecno can't do?
oh yeah! I see pictures better on my super AMOLED than that rubbish TFT that trended is that trended in the 1980's

my fone can fall and notin will happen
i can open up to 7 apps (i mean RAM sucking apps) with out my fone hanging or constantly bringing up a msg (low ram pls close some applications)

when there is an update of software i dont have to buy a new fone (lyk n7 to f7) i can simply install it 4 free (check out gs2 4rm 2.3 to 4.0 to 4.1 to 4.2) the same fone!)) wink

i dont have to use screen protector cos my screen does not scratch!

my 1500mah battrey last longer than ur 2100mah battery cos i have a low power consuming chipset while u dont have a chipset at all! That why i can play high graphics games with ease! Why ur own tells u "sorry! This game cannot work on ur device, please request for a refund from the store"

i can wirelessly charge my fone

my fone got exclusive app

hehe i have 1080p full HD on my gs4

my camera has face detection, 13mp, OIS, auto focus, and many more than the only one feature urs come with cos its andriod "geo tagging"

and to say my younger ones (chat 222 and the rest) 3mp takes better pictures than ur 5mp camera!

i have far better CPU and GPU (im sure u know this already)

i dont use VGA cameras as front camera even for my lowest fones

4G!!!..!....

and i SAMSUNG will announce 5G by 2020

i invented Air gestures
my brother LG invented eye scrolling
my friend HTC made the first andriod fone
my orther friend NOKiA is responsible 4 any thing wireless (except bluetooth) including NFC and wireless charging......
we dont move with tecno cos we are not in the same class...besides tecno does not have any of those nor has it invented any!

THERE IS MORE IF U WANT!

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by physise(m): 6:06am On Jul 15, 2013
runzlord: How many times willi tell u guys that tecno is not better! Tecno is cheaper!

it begining to annoy me cos my fellow nairalanders does not know the meaning of the word "BETTER"
i just tire 4 dem o,becous tecno dey produce android nor mean say e dey on par with htc,lg,samsung or even huawei

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by physise(m): 6:07am On Jul 15, 2013
runzlord: oh yeah! I see pictures better on my super AMOLED than that rubbish TFT that trended is that trended in the 1980's

my fone can fall and notin will happen
i can open up to 7 apps (i mean RAM sucking apps) with out my fone hanging or constantly bringing up a msg (low ram pls close some applications)

when there is an update of software i dont have to buy a new fone (lyk n7 to f7) i can simply install it 4 free (check out gs2 4rm 2.3 to 4.0 to 4.1 to 4.2) the same fone!)) wink

i dont have to use screen protector cos my screen does not scratch!

my 1500mah battrey last longer than ur 2100mah battery cos i have a low power consuming chipset while u dont have a chipset at all! That why i can play high graphics games with ease! Why ur own tells u "sorry! This game cannot work on ur device, please request for a refund from the store"

i can wirelessly charge my fone

my fone got exclusive app

hehe i have 1080p full HD on my gs4

my camera has face detection, 13mp, OIS, auto focus, and many more than the only one feature urs come with cos its andriod "geo tagging"

and to say my younger ones (chat 222 and the rest) 3mp takes better pictures than ur 5mp camera!

i have far better CPU and GPU (im sure u know this already)

i dont use VGA cameras as front camera even for my lowest fones

4G!!!..!....

and i SAMSUNG will announce 5G by 2020

i invented Air gestures
my brother LG invented eye scrolling
my friend HTC made the first andriod fone
my orther friend NOKiA is responsible 4 any thing wireless (except bluetooth) including NFC and wireless charging......
we dont move with tecno cos we are not in the same class...besides tecno does not have any of those nor has it invented any!

THERE IS MORE IF U WANT!
true talk

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 6:38am On Jul 15, 2013
@runzlord HAHAHA....and possibly flexible displays (damn...unbreakable display screens whether i smash it to the wall) with 4gb ram (that phone will be a beast) on the next galaxy flagship(gs5). grin

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 6:43am On Jul 15, 2013
...Not to talk of availabilty of varaiety of the best Costom ROMS for our devices grin

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 15, 2013
caukerzee: @runzlord HAHAHA....and possibly flexible displays (damn...unbreakable display screens whether i smash it to the wall) with 4gb ram (that phone will be a beast) on the next galaxy flagship(gs5). grin

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Leopantro: 9:08am On Jul 15, 2013
@runzlord, I'm feeling you. I expect a tecno fan to reply "oh yeah? well, my phone is cheaper than yours" as an advantage.

GAME SET, MATCH

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand / How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready / Download PES 2016 For PPSSPP

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81