Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,657 members, 7,827,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! (28564 Views)

Thread For Guys Who Can Cook / Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? / Naira Landers Are Wonderful People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by dave247(m): 5:12am On Jul 14, 2013
I DO COOK, BUT GIVE D CREDITS TO MY PARTNER... I ALWAYZ BELIEVE THAT COOKING IS FOR THEM... NO MATTER HOW PROS WE GUYZ MAY TRY TO BE.

Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 14, 2013
I still remember when we were growing up, my father would brag and brag of his wonderful cooking skills, how he was the best cook in the whole of their staff quarters, tis n tatgrin

And he will sometimes tell my lovely mother to give him a chance to prove his amazing cooking skills for us. The woman will gladly allow him...but that day, everybody go work tayagrin give me tis, bring tat, wash tis, slice tatgrin

Finally after he's done, believe me, he used to try shaa but u can't compare it with mama's own...mama remains the captainsmiley

In fact, some of us do eat his meals out of love, not becos they r amazing as he usually claims.

That's wot I hate abt men- they can't admit that women cook better than them, and I hate it.

I can cook too of course...I believe everyone can, but how good? Honestly, wen I was small, I prefer to wash plates than to fry plantain. I can wash thousands plates for u...but cooking to me is for the fs.

Otikpoko, if u cooked d meals I am seeing, hmmm, u tried...still wondering how.

Now take a look at wot a lady cook served me yesterday and I devoured it with passionsmiley can u compare it to wot a guy can do kudos to ladies that cook well jarehgrin

Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 14, 2013
The pics are of ystday n a day b4...I devoured all. Honestly, wen it comes to cooking, I respect women a lot. They have a natural touch on it except d lady is distracted, lazy or pompous. If a lady humbles herself n cook, its always grt!
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by tpia5: 6:37am On Jul 14, 2013
If a lady humbles herself n cook, its always grt!

wow, you are very optimistic.
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 14, 2013
biolabee:

Me I no reach cook like proper african woman
But I dey grill fish, do stir fry with rice, pasta or noodles

But I no too like cooking

By the time u shred ingredients for stir fries time don go

Women dey try
They do try honestly. I respect them a lot wen it comes to cooking n taking kia of kids. They have natural endurance and patience. Hw mny men can babysit a kid or baby for complete 12hours without getting pissed Hw mny men can cook randomly for years without gettin tired If only women understand hw we respect them for those things.

Otikpoko, u are making me feel hungrygrin but who actually made those meals pls Confess...kulyie...I want to learn all...u tried for d peppersoup o
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 14, 2013
tpia@:

wow, you are very optimistic.
yes o, I am...I cherish homely ladies. Every man will definitely wanna date a Kim K look-alike lady, but not many men would wanna keep her...but believe me almost all men would want to keep a homely lady with humility. Men know wot they want wen it comes to keeping n marriage, but I doubt if ladies dogrin
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by otikpoko(m): 6:45am On Jul 14, 2013
DailyNews: I still remember when we were growing up, my father would brag and brag of his wonderful cooking skills, how he was the best cook in the whole of their staff quarters, tis n tatgrin

And he will sometimes tell my lovely mother to give him a chance to prove his amazing cooking skills for us. The woman will gladly allow him...but that day, everybody go work tayagrin give me tis, bring tat, wash tis, slice tatgrin

Finally after he's done, believe me, he used to try shaa but u can't compare it with mama's own...mama remains the captainsmiley

In fact, some of us do eat his meals out of love, not becos they r amazing as he usually claims.

That's wot I hate abt men- they can't admit that women cook better than them, and I hate it.

I can cook too of course...I believe everyone can, but how good? Honestly, wen I was small, I prefer to wash plates than to fry plantain. I can wash thousands plates for u...but cooking to me is for the fs.

Otikpoko, if u cooked d meals I am seeing, hmmm, u tried...still wondering how.

Now take a look at wot a lady cook served me yesterday and I devoured it with passionsmiley can u compare it to wot a guy can do kudos to ladies that cook well jarehgrin

Dis small thing wen u chop naim u dey claim say u chop?

N50 abi N20 naira bread.dem say make we upload food pictures.

Ok if you want,i go upload pictures of my dishes wen i don chop finish as well as the once wen i server my friends wen dem eat finish too.

If you see the plate, sometimes very clean. You could even use it to server another person without washing it lol grin.

Shey somebody dey call bread for my pix agege bread(dem dey sell agege bread N500?)?

That loaf of bread, i can finish it one seating...one meal and it may not be enough.

Yes, i cooked/prepare all the dishes you are seeing there.

If i hear the op saying guys cook rubbish again, i go use dat hot eba wen dey for one of my picture take stone one of e eye close angry.

Dude if dats all u hate and u dey happy say u sabi chop,it means my younger sister eats more than you.

tell you what, cooking is not just about cooking,it is also about packaging.

If you food is well packaged and clean, e go dey long and attract people to eat even though they are not hungry.

Dats ur pix does not even look enticing (not insults intended wink)

Ehen, i catch you...your tea still remain tongue tongue grin grin

1 Like

Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by donodion(m): 6:49am On Jul 14, 2013
Ashabie: No matter how good you guys think you are,it never complete without the femine touch you no. Am not referring to indomine babes nor the snacks ones. But confirm babes,If they prepare only water for u to drink u sure will no that its woman things u are just struggling to impress. My hubby is a gud cook according to himself, but to me he's preparing poison.
Na lie u dey lie abeg go sleep.If na so e dey give u poison you for marry am?.many babes dey wey no sabi cook at all and they are graduates from expensive universities.na so one prepare stew,oil dey one side,water wey dey inside pass half of the pot.And na so d fish no done well sef.
Mtshewwwwwwww
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by tpia5: 6:51am On Jul 14, 2013
DailyNews: yes o, I am...I cherish homely ladies. Every man will definitely wanna date a Kim K look-alike lady, but not many men would wanna keep her...but believe me almost all men would want to keep a homely lady with humility. Men know wot they want wen it comes to keeping n marriage, but I doubt if ladies dogrin

homeliness/humility has nothing to do with cooking, bro.

you mean you've never eaten food prepared by a lady who cant cook?

dont tempt people abeg, else you might just find yourself sticking to only garri for the time being.
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by donodion(m): 6:57am On Jul 14, 2013
Abi no be me prepare my own lem so...see am if hunger no go hol you."Yen yen yen yen yen..men no sabi cook?" Abegi speak for yourself jor.See sample make una open mouth

Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 14, 2013
otikpoko:

Dis small thing wen u chop naim u dey claim say u chop?

N50 abi N20 naira bread.dem say make we upload food pictures.

Ok if you want,i go upload pictures of my dishes wen i don chop finish as well as the once wen i server my friends wen dem eat finish too.

If you see the plate, sometimes very clean. You could even use it to server another person without washing it lol grin.

Shey somebody dey call bread for my pix agege bread(dem dey sell agege bread N500?)?

That loaf of bread, i can finish it one seating...one meal and it may not be enough.

Yes, i cooked/prepare all the dishes you are seeing there.

If i hear the op saying guys cook rubbish again, i go use dat hot eba wen dey for one of my picture take stone one of e eye close angry.

Dude if dats all u hate and u dey happy say u sabi chop,it means my younger sister eats more than you.

tell you what, cooking is not just about cooking,it is also about packaging.

If you food is well packaged and clean, e go dey long and attract people to eat even though they are not hungry.

Dats ur pix does not even look enticing (not insults intended wink)

Ehen, i catch you...your tea still remain tongue tongue grin grin
Lol, Otikpoko, I don't like food much...I prefer to bird-eat...I eat strong food once in a while...and pls I am not wot they call ajebo ogrin I just grew up not liking food, and my mama said she even forced me to learn to eat, so that's much I can eat.

Anyone that knws me well knws I hardly finish my meals...so for me to finish any, it must have been wonderfully cooked.

The problem ppl hve with hiring female cooks is their problem with romance. Small time, they wanna go on date with their lover or fiancee and leave u wen u dnt expect...but guy cooks do it for d money so they knw hw to separate their jobs from their romance life, trust guysgrin

But seriously, if u cooked those stuffs, then u must be nice as a guy...how do u go abt gettin it ryt all d time
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 14, 2013
tpia@:

homeliness/humility has nothing to do with cooking, bro.

you mean you've never eaten food prepared by a lady who cant cook?

dont tempt people abeg, else you might just find yourself sticking to only garri for the time being.
it takes patience, endurance, homeliness and humility as a lady to know how to cook. Those ladies that can't cook are either:

Inpatient
Pompous
Forming western chick
Not well trained
Not homely
Not humble
Brainwashed by western life/culture

See, God knows wot I am tellin u here, my eldest brother is well blessed, has family (wife n kids). U cnt believe that at a point, chefs n maids from Togo, Niger, Southsouth were doing everything for his wife n kids, and yet the wife wud always fight them n sack them, and kept changin them like clothe until my bro recognised d harm after our mama talked to him that he's nt helpin his kids who were most fs.

He then gave his wife a mandate that no more maids or chefs. And since the last 3yrs now, they have none n guess what? D kids dat usually form aje n lay on d bed a yell at Simi to pls bring water for dem upstairs are now doing those stuffs.

D first daughter is above 10yrs now n she n her younger sis can make tea, fry egg, plantain, do laundry, arrange d dinning table, serve even visitors, etc.

Same with my sis daughter n my other bro daughter.

So it takes homeliness and humility for a lady to cook good food.

And no, I dnt dare taste bad food. Me n fs, lol...lol

1 Like

Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 14, 2013
^^^ Western ladies cook too angry
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 14, 2013
donodion: Abi no be me prepare my own lem so...see am if hunger no go hol you."Yen yen yen yen yen..men no sabi cook?" Abegi speak for yourself jor.See sample make una open mouth
So don to u now, u can cook very wellgringrin I too can make wonderful tea, who can'tgrin
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by otikpoko(m): 7:19am On Jul 14, 2013
DailyNews: Lol, Otikpoko, I don't like food much...I prefer to bird-eat...I eat strong food once in a while...and pls I am not wot they call ajebo ogrin I just grew up not liking food, and my mama said she even forced me to learn to eat, so that's much I can eat.

Anyone that knws me well knws I hardly finish my meals...so for me to finish any, it must have been wonderfully cooked.

The problem ppl hve with hiring female cooks is their problem with romance. Small time, they wanna go on date with their lover or fiancee and leave u wen u dnt expect...but guy cooks do it for d money so they knw hw to separate their jobs from their romance life, trust guysgrin

But seriously, if u cooked those stuffs, then u must be nice as a guy...how do u go abt gettin it ryt all d time
I believe you meant stuff not stuffs wink

lolz,i dey feel you cool

No worry, you go chop my food one day,wen you eat finish, u use the plate break for your head shouting...THIS FOOD IS TOO AWESOME!!

When u dey cook all the time,your hand go strong and you will become very good at it.

Mistakes that you make today, you go try amend am next time wen u dey cook same food wink

1 Like

Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by biolabee(m): 7:36am On Jul 14, 2013
Bros they over try

To eat average food is not easy not to talk of good food

Big ups to our women

DailyNews: They do try honestly. I respect them a lot wen it comes to cooking n taking kia of kids. They have natural endurance and patience. Hw mny men can babysit a kid or baby for complete 12hours without getting pissed Hw mny men can cook randomly for years without gettin tired If only women understand hw we respect them for those things.

Otikpoko, u are making me feel hungrygrin but who actually made those meals pls Confess...kulyie...I want to learn all...u tried for d peppersoup o
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by biolabee(m): 8:02am On Jul 14, 2013
100percent posts from you

E get one of my cozins

Dem don finish uni o

Na deir mama dey make amalan for them

Na she dey cook for dem

Dem no fit make soup sef

So that your broda's move was the best

DailyNews: Lol, Otikpoko, I don't like food much...I prefer to bird-eat...I eat strong food once in a while...and pls I am not wot they call ajebo ogrin I just grew up not liking food, and my mama said she even forced me to learn to eat, so that's much I can eat.

Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by calebrita(m): 9:05am On Jul 14, 2013
There is no yoruba food I don't know how to cook. We av just only one girl in my house. So we are all trained to cook and do some other house chores. So cooking is not a problem. Need training holla me I will take it up.
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by CAPTAIN44: 9:45am On Jul 14, 2013
the only thing i know ladies can cook better on campus nowaday is **indomie and egg'' that's all.
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Dubemkelly(m): 11:04am On Jul 14, 2013
As far as am concerned, anyfin datz feminine nd guys go in2 it, I swear down,dey xcel more dan d female counterparts. Sorry u went 4 a cheap restaurant,alwaz b mindful of whr u eat
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by tpia5: 12:49pm On Jul 14, 2013
Men who can cook, are usually better cooks than women.

Lets not insult people simply because we're trying to impress some female.

A simple " i need you to learn how to cook and then i"ll date you" should suffice.
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Jacobee(m): 1:53pm On Jul 14, 2013
DailyNews: I am boiling inside as I type this. I had been served by different female cooks here for long now, and honestly, I have never had any problem with their meals, but for the second time 2 different male cooks prepared my meal, I didn't eat 10% of the meal. Not because I like meals prepared by female cooks or whatsoever, but because the handworks of the male cooks were very absurd.

Take a look at the picture I attached, it is a snap shot of fried egg a male cook prepared for me this morning, can u imagine what this guy served me as fried egg? Is this fried or oiled egg pls

If not for mankind, I would have...

The last time, it was indomie that another male cook prepared and it was horrible. I was forced to post this out of anger becos some guys will come here tomorrow claiming to be the best cook in the world, who knows if these very guys serving me shits are also amongst those that brag of their cooking prowees on nairaland.

Just because one or two fortunate guys can cook good food doesn't mean all men can cook. Just becos u were lucky to cook a good soup by chance doesn't make u a wonderful cook pls. Stop poisoning people's stomachs pls and pls.

I have a friend that always brag that he can cook better than any girl, but believe me, whenever I visit him and he prepares a certain meal, for instance, egusi soap or his usual fried rice delicacy, I usually have running stomach because he doesn't even know how to measure each ingredient. Every ingredient is always in excess, and for that, I don't ever dare eat in his house except his fiance is around.

Pls guys, cooking is God's gift to women, forget the fact that modern and western civilisation have spoilt the world and deceived some women to abandon and shy-away from their natural gift, women remain the best cooks the whole world over, so all these male cook champions, pls stop deceiving yourselves and stop poisoning your stomach and other people's stomach.

And to all the ladies dancing and singing around: my boyfriend can cook, my fiance is a good cook, wait until he poisons your stomach with concussion one day, then u will realise the need for u to drive him away from that kitchen.

Nonsense!!!!
dont u have hands y dnt u do d cooking urself. Nonsense! I mean nonsense, this shldnt be in front page

1 Like

Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Jacobee(m): 2:22pm On Jul 14, 2013
olamisegbe: Cos 10 ladies cooked for you nd it's gud doesn't mean all Ladies can cook.also cos 2 guys cooked for you ( sorri almst poisoned you) doesn't mean all guys can't cook.
Thank u bro, i ve met guys who re better cooks than ladies. I ve equally met ladies who ll cook 4 u nd u lick the plate after eating.
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by smokeyupu(m): 2:49pm On Jul 14, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
The eggs? In the picture look absolutely beautiful. This guy has an idea of how to prepare stuff so stop harrassing him for Pete's sake.

Pls advise him though not to dream of opening a restaurant and if he has to let him get cooks and well trained personnel.

OILED EGGS!!! I go try fry am today make I no take last.

Cheers
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 14, 2013
Dubemkelly: As far as am concerned, anyfin datz feminine nd guys go in2 it, I swear down,dey xcel more dan d female counterparts. Sorry u went 4 a cheap restaurant,alwaz b mindful of whr u eat
gbamm.Just like plaiting/fixing hair.Guyz dey o.
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Urine: 5:03pm On Jul 14, 2013
poshdiva: *Logs out of thread laughing in Spanish *

I wonder if a certain somebody has seen this thread grin grin grin grin ; grin grin grin grin grin

He will be here soon enough
sad
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by iykeman92: 7:07pm On Jul 14, 2013
whatzz dat
shocked
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
Thank you o jare.hope you now like a feminist,at least you are learning something from someone you so much despise grin anyway,what other meal do you want to know how to prepare grin
DailyNews: They do try honestly. I respect them a lot wen it comes to cooking n taking kia of kids. They have natural endurance and patience. Hw mny men can babysit a kid or baby for complete 12hours without getting pissed Hw mny men can cook randomly for years without gettin tired If only women understand hw we respect them for those things.

Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 14, 2013
Emmadani: gbamm.Just like plaiting/fixing hair.Guyz dey o.
being sexist.I have seen guys who do well in female buisness,I have also seen guys who are bad in female buisness.sometime in the past,my friend was jisting me about how good her beautician is that I should make my nails therr.for her sake I did it.her beautician was a guy.when he finished fixing and painting my nails,those nails didn't take one week before they all came out,that guy wasn't good at all and before the hairdresser in my nbeighborhoodrelocated to another place,that guy was too good in braids.he can braid well,fix eye lashes and other beauty things like that plus he had good customer relations.he was a ladies man,every lady in my neighborhood liked him.up till tomorrow,its still paining me that james left our neighbourhood,of course am happy he is progressing in his work that he moved to another place but I still miss him as related to my hair.he will do every single thing you want him to do without murmuring.if you tell him you want warm water to wash your hair,james is ready to leave his shop and go and look for kettle to use for your hair.infact as you are entering his shop he is welcoming you with a smile and collecting your hand bag and his sales persons are a combination of teenage girls and guys so what are you saying.abeg leave all this sexist thrash joor
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by lawsonoladie: 9:25pm On Jul 14, 2013
Coz u were unfortunate and got cooked 4 by two cooks who did not no how to cook doesn't mean guys can't cook, alot of guys r good cooks, infact d best cook in d world is a guy.
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Feraz(m): 11:28pm On Jul 14, 2013
Otikpoko, you try. Cool to see guys that cook! Try that combo of ogbono and okro honeric01 told you. It's wonderful. I wish I had a picture of it here, I'd have uploaded it. . .
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by UMUNNAWUIKE: 4:04am On Jul 15, 2013
u just posted a bad meal prepared by a guy,if we begin 2 post bad meals prepared by ladies from our daily experience dis site will explode

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Sues Coca-Cola For Shunning The Consumer Protection Council / What Is The Weirdest Food Combo You Have Ever Eaten? (picture) / How I Make Beans Soup (Gbegiri)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.