Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story (4558 Views)

Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos / Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll / Nigeria The Most Corrupt Nation In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by CharlesE1: 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-Transparency International Refutes Malicious Story on Nigeria

Our attention has been drawn to a story on some news sites stating that Transparency International has listed Nigeria as the 8th most corrupt nation in the world for 2013. This information is completely untrue as Transparency International has not even released its annual Corruption Perception Index (CPI). The last CPI was the CPI of 2012 in which Nigeria made improvements.

Also, it is necessary to alert the public that Transparency International is the only body that undertakes the official Corruption Perception Index. Also, Transparency International has written to disassociate itself from an organization which passes off itself as an offshoot of the genuine Transparency International based in Germany.

Below is the statement from Transparency International;

Transparency International, the global anti-corruption organisation, has no links with an organisation calling itself ‘Transparency in Nigeria (TIN)’ and has written to the organisation demanding that it stop associating its work with Transparency International, its name and logo.

Several articles published in the Nigerian press last week referred to a report titled ‘Budget Discipline Perception Index (BDPI) 2012/2013’, by ‘Transparency in Nigeria (TIN)’, describing the organisation as the Transparency International chapter in Nigeria. Transparency International has no links with ‘Transparency in Nigeria’, nor does it currently have an affiliate in Nigeria.

Transparency International is not responsible for the report “Budget Discipline Perception Index (BDPI) 2012/2013” and does not endorse its content.

<end of TI official statement>

Nigerians should be alert to false reports smuggled into the media to malign the image of the country. The elements behind these reports are desperate and will do anything to gain traction even if it means damaging the image of their country by selling a bogus story.

Under President Jonathan, Nigeria’s anti corruption agencies have had unprecedented non-interference from the executive which has led to recent successes in the trial of subsidy thieves, pension racketeers and politically exposed persons accused of money laundering.

The public is thus reminded that certain media, particularly online media, have no editorial boards and in many cases have been set up by disgruntled politicians to achieve political ends.

http://www.transparency.org/news/pressrelease/20130412_ti_asks_nigerian_organisation_to_stop_using_logo

Reno Omokri
Special Assistant to the President (New Media)

1 Like

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by theplanmaker: 3:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
I ll like to know anyone of the pension thieves that was successfully tried and convicted, and any other successful trial.
in other news, I am the oga at the top !! finally I have made it, I'm walking on water hehehehe

1 Like

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 12, 2013
The false story must be the handwork of CPC/ACN loyalists who are doing everything to run down the country just cos they want to take over power.

7 Likes

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by mgbeketoto: 5:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
Like it makes a difference?
WHEN MY OBAMA steps his KEYANTTAN BLACK AZZZE in MMA. . .or NAA. . . (Murtala or Azikiwe H-AIRPOT)
Wake me up! kiss
Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by takedat(m): 6:05pm On Jul 12, 2013
Charles. E:

Reno Omokri
I see grin

The same lying character(Reno Omokri) who misled the President during his 2012 Independence Speech, that Transparency International has endorsed and praised his administration's war against corruption shouldn't be the one to bersmirch others, calling a story malicious. Even though i agree that the Global Corruption barometer is quite different from the CPI, and countries are not ranked. The political jobber should have attacked the source of the malicious story(PM NEWS) instead of attacking other online media which includes Nairaland. The Presidency once lied citing Transparency International so no qualms! grin

http://www.informationng.com/2012/10/corruption-how-transparency-international-exposed-jonathans-goof-or-did-he-just-lied-outright.html

In order to give his(Reno) press release some credibility, he had to smuggle in a TI statement(disclaimer) which was published in April, and has nothing to do with the malicious story.

3 Likes

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by Pataki: 6:09pm On Jul 12, 2013
Is Reno now working for Transparency International?

The topic headline is misleading here.
Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by jmaine: 6:09pm On Jul 12, 2013
take dat: I see grin

Is that all you could come up with , after you lots mischievous show of shame earlier . . .

You APC folks need to slow on your baseless and malicious propaganda . . .

4 Likes

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by Anyi3(m): 6:11pm On Jul 12, 2013
FRONT PAGE PLEASE...
Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by takedat(m): 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
jmaine:

Is that all you could come up with , after you lots mischievous show of shame earlier . . .

You APC folks need to slow on your baseless and malicious propaganda . . .
I did not comment on the post, and Do we really need this unfriendly inter-personal engagement? Why not re-direct your anger towards the source of the "malicious story"(PM NEWS)?

I am not interested in this "dubious consolation" of Reno when I know corruption is still business as usual, business as typical.

Do we need any Transparency whatsoever to tell Nigerians that corruption is rampant and that some of the leading light of this administration are "Symbols of Corruption"? Or is it the President's lukewarm and cavalier attitude towards the fight against corruption, toothless Anti_Graft agencies that refuses to bark or a very corrupt Judicial System ? Even the confrontational critics(El Rufai n co) of this administration, whose EFCC files are said to be overflowing are accusing and blasting away at government, while running free as the wind.

3 Likes

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by Garrithe1st: 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
Reno Omokri
Special Assistant to the "Oga Patapata of Transparency International" (New Media)

cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by homesteady(m): 6:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
MY GOSH!!
NL is loosing it credibility!!

Seun - You have about a Million people who visit your site!! You better investigate some things for yourself before taking them to front page!!
Just in less than one week, news(2) with almost false information has graced the Front page!!
Very soon people will not be so happy if their topics make frontpage, because it is loosing its worth!!

Signed-
Homesteady

4 Likes

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by Adamskuty(m): 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
Charles. E:
Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-Transparency International Refutes Malicious Story on Nigeria

Our attention has been drawn to a story on some news sites stating that Transparency International has listed Nigeria as the 8th most corrupt nation in the world for 2013. This information is completely untrue as Transparency International has not even released its annual Corruption Perception Index (CPI). The last CPI was the CPI of 2012 in which Nigeria made improvements.

Also, it is necessary to alert the public that Transparency International is the only body that undertakes the official Corruption Perception Index. Also, Transparency International has written to disassociate itself from an organization which passes off itself as an offshoot of the genuine Transparency International based in Germany.

Below is the statement from Transparency International;

Transparency International, the global anti-corruption organisation, has no links with an organisation calling itself ‘Transparency in Nigeria (TIN)’ and has written to the organisation demanding that it stop associating its work with Transparency International, its name and logo.

Several articles published in the Nigerian press last week referred to a report titled ‘Budget Discipline Perception Index (BDPI) 2012/2013’, by ‘Transparency in Nigeria (TIN)’, describing the organisation as the Transparency International chapter in Nigeria. Transparency International has no links with ‘Transparency in Nigeria’, nor does it currently have an affiliate in Nigeria.

Transparency International is not responsible for the report “Budget Discipline Perception Index (BDPI) 2012/2013” and does not endorse its content.
Nigerians should be alert to false reports smuggled into the media to malign the image of the country. The elements behind these reports are desperate and will do anything to gain traction even if it means damaging the image of their country by selling a bogus story.

Under President Jonathan, Nigeria’s anti corruption agencies have had unprecedented non-interference from the executive which has led to recent successes in the trial of subsidy thieves, pension racketeers and politically exposed persons accused of money laundering.

The public is thus reminded that certain media, particularly online media, have no editorial boards and in many cases have been set up by disgruntled politicians to achieve political ends.

Reno Omokri
source Source nigguh i need source Don't just post gibberish here without any proof!
Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by Adamskuty(m): 6:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
Mr.suen?? Suen olusewa i think u need to stop being lazy and start doing ur work,huh! Stop being lazy like a pregnant woman if u don't want ur site to go to the dogs,ok??

I'm sick and tired of seeing different types of false news gracing the front page. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

Is this the kind of service we deserve or asked for

I think u need to call ur moderators to order or better still sack the hell outta them,cos they ain't doing their homework properly!

(i...hope...no....ban..ba?? grin )

2 Likes

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by executinal(m): 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2013
So were is GWAWE when you need him?? On the run grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by Mogidi: 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2013
executinal: So were is GWAWE when you need him?? On the run grin grin grin grin grin

I think Gbawe may be fasting, its Ramadan, expect him to come late tonight like a thief avoiding capture. You won't see him on this thread even if he comes.

1 Like

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2013
And on the other thread, Nairalanders don believe the news hook, line and sinker! Sometimes I just feel like crying for Nigerians sad sad sad sad. They were born and bred in NEGATIVITY embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by gramci: 8:00pm On Jul 12, 2013
Mogidi:

I think Gbawe may be fasting, its Ramadan, expect him to come late tonight like a thief avoiding capture. You won't see him on this thread even if he comes.

that osundefender guy is one funny fellow.

1 Like

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by collynzo2(m): 8:05pm On Jul 12, 2013
speedyboi: And on the other thread, Nairalanders don believe the news hook, line and sinker! Sometimes I just feel like crying for Nigerians sad sad sad sad. They were born and bred in NEGATIVITY embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Very bad! When someone posted pics of prisoners sleeping in an over-crowded prison and claimed it was a Nigerian prison, no one asked for the name or location of the prison, they all believed the story. It later turned out that those were pics from a Malawian prison. If this were to be a negative story, they won't be asking for the source or trying to check the authenticity. People are so negative!

5 Likes

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2013
At last I'm convinced that Pat Utomi frequents Nairaland, if not a registered member sef.

He puts this NL link directly on his facebook wall and made an accompanying post.

This is the first time I see him use NL link directly although I suspect he normally uses his website, Naijapundit to publish, then put on his facebook wall.

I remember the interview I had with sanusi last year and published on NL. I was surprised Utomi published same on his naijapundit and then his facebook wall. I'm sure he got that from NL too because it was only on NL and my facebook page that I published that interview.

Conclusion: Utomi is on Nairaland.
Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
Jarus: At last I'm convinced that Pat Utomi frequents Nairaland, if not a registered member sef.

He puts this NL link directly on his facebook wall and made an accompanying post.

This is the first time I see him use NL link directly although I suspect he normally uses his website, Naijapundit to publish, then put on his facebook wall.

I remember the interview I had with sanusi last year and published on NL. I was surprised Utomi published same on his naijapundit and then his facebook wall. I'm sure he got that from NL too because it was only on NL and my facebook page that I published that interview.

So what's the moral of your story now?

4 Likes

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by lakpalakpa: 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
Who is Omokri??

What's the source of the thrash he wrote??

I know in Urhobo Omokri means "child of a goat"....

cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by lakpalakpa: 8:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
Jarus: At last I'm convinced that Pat Utomi frequents Nairaland, if not a registered member sef.

Utomi??

Abi na Omokri aka Goat-pikin you wan talk...

TGIF beer tinz dey make ya brain jaga jaga!!

cheesy cheesy
Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by gregg2: 8:21pm On Jul 12, 2013
Nigeria's own brand of opposition is lying, lying, and lying.

2 Likes

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by Gbawe: 8:39pm On Jul 12, 2013
Once again Negroes, especially the slavish followers of our President, show they are proud olodos who do not like to read, hence explaining why some of them are so dumb and easily deceived and herded. Well, I have told you clowns you will always be 'owned' because you simply do not have the ability to think effectively.

Omokri himself is a mumu and now his functional illiteracy allied with his haste to achieve fraudulent image laundering for Mr.President means he has ended up 419ning himself and you lot. Everyone who responded here has now revealed they are grade A dullards and the sort 'herded' by our politicians who use una head daily. Mr.President you will have no choice but to fire Reno Omokri as I will now show you need better brains. All these mumus are just 'chopping' your dollar. Omokri wrote and I quote:

"Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-Transparency International Refutes Malicious Story on Nigeria"

This would lead many to believe that TI specifically refute the 8th position ascribed to Nigeria exclusively..... and of course Omokri the dullard, hasty to respond to the thread on NL, since he knows the influence of Nairaland, tripped over his shoe lace further to say:

This information is completely untrue as Transparency International has not even released its annual Corruption Perception Index (CPI). The last CPI was the CPI of 2012 in which Nigeria made improvements.

My fellow Nairalanderd PM never said it was quoting the corruption perception index for 2013. It was speaking based on Transparency International corruption barometer of 2013 which very much exists except that Omokri is too 'thick' to know the difference. That is the link below for it:

http://www.transparency.org/gcb2013/report

So that it is clear it was the 2013 corruption barometer PM and saharareporters relied on, and not the corruption perception index as claimed by Mr.Omokri, I present an excerpt from the original article I delivered here a day ago Omokri now rushes to counter even as he only ends up with his face in the mud:

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigeria-rated-8th-most-corrupt-nation-pm-news-lagos?page=1

Anti-corruption nonprofit Transparency International, TI, has released its 2013 Global Corruption Barometer, which surveyed residents in 107 countries, ranking Nigeria, Zambia, Paraguay, Mexico, Zimbabwe, Venezula and Russia as the largest countries on the globe with active corruption indices with Liberia and Mongolia leading the table.

Of course the ultra-m0r0nic Omokri has now totally 419ned himself and all of you clowns. If he has lied this badly and he is , as I have now shown, ready to operate with deceit, fraud and outright fallacy, can anyone believe his utterance below to be anything but lies?

419ner Omokri wrote:

I only feel sorry for a desperate President wasting his money on this sycophantic cretin and purveyor of deceit called Reno Omokri and of course all of you clannish Nairalanders following crooks blindly to the extent you leave your brains in the toilet to back everything they say without even the slightest inclination to do basic research. Shame on all of you. The funny thing is that the fools who shouted "Gbawe" will not apologise. They will slink away tail between legs. Olodos. Go back to School you lot. Your parents would be disappointed given the dough they spent on your education. Perhaps I should have let far more GEJ fans pile in with their ignorant comments before I sucker-punched you olodos. Una lucky I am in a good mood tonight. Be warned calling the name Gbawe again angry angry angry angry Don't do it in vain or you might end up ridiculing yourself cool cool cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by jmaine: 8:39pm On Jul 12, 2013
take dat: I did not comment on the post, and Do we really need this unfriendly inter-personal engagement? Why not re-direct your anger towards the source of the "malicious story"(PM NEWS)?

Shouldn't the gaseous windbag publish TI's press release refuting the report instead? I am not interested in this "dubious consolation" of Reno when I know corruption is still business as usual, business as typical.

Do we need any Transparency whatsoever to tell Nigerians that corruption is rampant and that some of the leading light of this administration are "Symbols of Corruption"? Or is it the President's lukewarm and cavalier attitude towards the fight against corruption, toothless Anti_Graft agencies that refuses to bark or a very corrupt Judicial System ? Even the confrontational critics(El Rufai n co) of this administration, whose EFCC files are said to be overflowing are accusing and blasting away at government, while running free as the wind.

All this stories doesn't give one the impetus to deploy
lies and slanderous news against the Govt . .

1 Like

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by jmaine: 8:39pm On Jul 12, 2013
. . .
Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by takedat(m): 8:48pm On Jul 12, 2013
jmaine:

All this stories doesn't give one the impetus to deploy
lies and slanderous news against the Govt . .

Did the President not lie during his 2012 Independence Speech that Transparency International has commended his administration for fighting corruption? It is very easy for the government to play the victim when lied against but the Presidency can dish out lies? Smh!

2 Likes

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by Gbawe: 8:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
Omokri Mumu x 10000 . Narialand GEJ fans mumus x 100000000000000. grin grin grin grin grin grin PM and Saharareporters never mentioned the corruption perception index 2013 the confused Omokri stated erroneously they quoted. They spoke based on the Global corruption Barometer 2013 which we can all see certainly exists. Omokri, sorry you are finished. You will now become Omo kakiri in search of a job grin grin grin grin

http://www.transparency.org/gcb2013

THE GLOBAL CORRUPTION BAROMETER 2013 IS THE BIGGEST EVER SURVEY TRACKING WORLD-WIDE PUBLIC OPINION ON CORRUPTION
We asked over 114,000 people in 107 countries for their views on corruption. Find out what they said in our Global Corruption Barometer 2013.

1 Like

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by Garrithe1st: 8:55pm On Jul 12, 2013
Gbawe: Once again Negroes, especially the slavish followers of our President, show they are proud olodos who do not like to read, hence explaining why some of them are so dumb and easily deceived and herded. Well, I have told you clowns you will always be 'owned' because you simply do not have the ability to think effectively.

Omokri himself is a mumu and now his functional illiteracy allied with his haste to achieve fraudulent image laundering for Mr.President means he has ended up 419ning himself and you lot. Everyone who responded here has now revealed they are grade A dullards and the sort 'herded' by our politicians who use una head daily. Mr.President you will have no choice but to fire Reno Omokri as I will now show you need better brains. All these mumus are just 'chopping' your dollar. Omokri He wrote and I quote:

"Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-Transparency International Refutes Malicious Story on Nigeria"

This would lead many to believe that TI specifically refute the 8th position ascribed to Nigeria exclusively..... and of course Omokri the dullard, hasty to respond to the thread I started, since he knows the influence of Nairaland, tripped over his shoe lace to say:

My fellow Nairalanderd PM never said it was quoting the corruption perception index for 2013. It was speaking based on Transparency International corruption barometer of 2013 which very much exists except that Omokri is too 'thick' to know the difference. That is the link below for it:

http://www.transparency.org/gcb2013/report

So that it is clear it was the 2013 corruption barometer PM and sharareporters relied on, I present an excerpt from the original article I delivered here a day ago Omokr inow rushes to counter even as he only ends up with his face in the mud:

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigeria-rated-8th-most-corrupt-nation-pm-news-lagos?page=1

Of course the ultra-m0r0nic Omokri has now totally 419ned himself and all of you clowns. If he has lied this badly and he is , as I have now shown, ready to be totally about deceit, fraud and the submission of lies that is based on his own poor comprehension and deplorable intelligenc, can anyone believe his utterance below to be anything but lies?

419ner Omokri wrote:

I only feel sorry for a desperate President wasting his money on this sycophantic cretin and purveyor of deceit called Reno Omokri and of course all of you clannish Nairalanders following crooks blindly to the extent you leave your brains in the toilet to back everything they say without even the slightest inclination to do basic research. Shame on all of you. The funny thing is that the fools who shouted "Gbawe" will not apologise. They will slink away tail between legs. Olodos. Go back to School you lot. Your parents would be disappointed given the dough they spent on your education. Perhaps I should have let far more GEJ fans pile in with their ignorant comments before I sucker-punched you olodos. Una lucky I am in a good mood tonight. Be warned calling the name Gbawe again angry angry angry angry Don't do it in vain or you might end up ridiculing yourself cool cool cool cool

End of discussion!!

cool cool

1 Like

Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by Gbawe: 8:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
I will email Sowore (saharareporters) so he can put this in the public domain. President's propagandist and lie merchant discombobulated on Nairaland. Choi. Reno don suffer grin grin grin
Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by Gbawe: 8:58pm On Jul 12, 2013
Garri the 1st:

End of discussion!!

cool cool

Oga mi Garri, how far? I am emailing Sowore (sahareporters) right now. I will tell him you send your regards. grin grin grin
Re: Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story by jmaine: 8:58pm On Jul 12, 2013
take dat: Did the President not lie during his 2012 Independence Speech that Transparency International has commended his administration for fighting corruption? It is very easy for the government to play the victim when lied against but the Presidency can dish out lies? Smh!

Which confers the budding opposition members the full right to deploy sensational headlines designed to fulfill some inordinate needs . .

I now get you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is GEJ A Coward? / Nigeria More Divided Under Buhari Than Under Jonathan – Pat Utomi / Kayode Ogundamisi: Why Do Yorubas Inject ''Igbo'' Into Everything In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.