Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan (68226 Views)

Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Wole Soyinka Is Better Off As A 'Guinea Fowl' Hunter - Obasanjo / Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by jasper7(m): 10:15am On Jul 13, 2013
Patience shud STFU!!! And all her followers here too. Is she a politician? did we vote for GEJ and PEJ? She's showing herself too much. She has taken over the job of VP. Sambo is now at the sidelines. What kind of illiterate and silly wife of President is this? Eh

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Linoversace: 10:16am On Jul 13, 2013
fellow widows should support their "first lady" in this cause! be rest assured your manhood will live on grin

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by chata25(m): 10:16am On Jul 13, 2013
Gej has already lost 2015 in 2013......dis woman nd her husband ar low-headed people..#pitty#
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 13, 2013
Billionaires: Wole Soyinka of Pyrates Confraternity, he founded a cult that is responsible for murdering of thousands of Nigerian students.

Wole Soyinka worships Sango! How can you say you are educated but you worship idols ? It shows that Wole Soyinka is just a grammarian but not truly educated.

Wole Soyinka married 3 times and divorced 3 times cos he take our women as 'mere domestic appendage', he is a f00l.

Wole Soyinka, worked for the military junta, and is guilty of giving the military legitimacy.

Wole Soyinka held a world press conference, just to insult women, by calling them "MERE DOMESTIC APPENDAGE", all successful men know that its their wives thats their support system, both emotionally and sexually, MKO knew enough to respect his wives, but Wole Soyinka has been misguided by Sango that he worships.

Wole Soyinka, you are just a grammarian, you are not truly educated. Shame!!
You're a disgrace to everything that is connected with you.

10 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by jjcbuthot: 10:17am On Jul 13, 2013
jasper7: Patience shud STFU!!! And all her followers here too. Is she a politician did we vote for GEJ and PEJ. She's showing herself too much. She has taken over the job of VP. Sambo is now at the sidelines. What kind of illiterate and silly wife of President is this? Eh

She is an exact mirror of her husband...
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by dramendra: 10:17am On Jul 13, 2013
Pygru:
pity yourself undecided

I pity you more.. Cos your case is worse than Pej..

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by sarutobie(m): 10:19am On Jul 13, 2013
Ola Johnson:
You may look for your type, I don't engage f00ls.
^this one is a certified asswipe

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Damsman10(m): 10:19am On Jul 13, 2013
The more enemies they acquire d closer dey r 2 livin aso rock.....smh

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by comrChris(m): 10:20am On Jul 13, 2013
[quote
author=P.Stacks]

That is the problem we are talking about..
Nigeria is a Forced Marriage, I don't even believe in Marriages not to
talk of a Forced one, if Ibo people don't have respect, in the part of
the country where I come from, we have Respect as part of our culture,
we Respect our Elders, we respect Achievers, we Respect Noble Laureates.

Give me one reason why I should respect Patience, Academically, she
can't stand the prof, socially she's not accepted, age wise, the
professor is older. Professor wole soyinka has been from time immemorial
and fought the military regime to its knees, patience is enjoying from
profs labour today and decides to insult a Noble Prof! My God! Wonders
they say shall never end..

Nigeria is a Forced marriage.
The North wants Boko Haram, let them give them boko haram.

The S/E wants their Oil revenue or hold d country militantly, let them
give them.

We in the South/West are Progressive minded, let them leave us to be..

Everyday I preach one Nigeria not because its convinient for me.

Iet them leave everybody to be, so we can know peace..
The North is hot,
Rivers state has plunged into it,

Pls and pls, let the 1st lady not bring the S/W into this already
volatile and tensed Nigeria oo, Cos in the S/W we respect our leaders a
lot, not even when there are hard facts as to what happened in Rivers
state..

Bipi said Patience Jonathan is her Jesus christ,
Bipi is at the center of the Rivers crisis,
Bipi asked them to shoot rotimi Amechi,
I even heard but I'm not sure, but the said Bipi is Patience's younger
brother.
Patience travelled to Rivers state and after the left, d state plunged
with Bipi in the middle,
Patience has scolded Rotimi Amechi in public B4, so all this added up to
why the Elder statesman had to lend his voice, like he lended a voice
when nobody could talk under the dreaded General Sanni Abacha.

Even if the Prof seems to have taken side, even if the Prof is wrong.
Patience is d least of people to talk to the prof in such manner.

We take resentment to this in the S/W and we demand she tenders an
immediate apology.

We are simple in the S/W but our simplycity should be taken for
Stupidity.

If not For Nairaland, a Forum created by a Progressive mind from the
south/West.. Seun Osewa created this forum, and you external body from
wherever would never hav know what an online forum looks like not to
talk of commenting rubbish on such forums..

doesn't Edwin Clark come to talk rubbish everyday "Our Son" does anybody
insult him? We let it be, u come here and insult a whole Prof... Ah!
OMG!
Nigeria is lossing it. Nigeria is fast plunging.

Everybody is loosing their minds, pls don't let the S/W loose theirs.
[/quote] wit dis ur post l dnt need 2b told u r d biggest fool of d yr,which progressive mind do d yoruba ve ohters donot ve or is d fact all yorubas claim dey r from lagos a place were all of us even an unborn baby knwz its d handwork of fg,pls b wise n mind u if we all should go our different wayz sw s d least favourite ,.,ode

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by bestview: 10:22am On Jul 13, 2013
sanniemoe:

Uneducated thing.. It's spelt SOYINKA and not Soyenka.. That man is a Demi god on his own,well respected,well travelled,a man in all sense of the word.. When he speaks, world leaders listen, they adore him with a passion.

A demi....what? Maybe to local champions and villagers like yuroba tribe..

FYI: He is not known nor regarded anywhere in east by anybody. Infact nobody knows him outside yurobaland. Fact!. The only thing that come to mind when we remind Soyenka is campus cultism and cult war.

We have Achebe..a hero that is celebrated all over the world as the Africa's most influential celebrity and father of modern African literature. Deal with it..

This is what number president of the world said about Achebe:

United States President, Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle have described the late Nigerian novelist, Prof. Chinua Achebe as a “Revolutionary author, educator, and cultural ambassador.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/achebe-drew-the-world-closer-obama/

Which means Achebe's work have equally affected positively Obama same way it did to Mandela. Does US president knows that a cultist who won political noble prize, that was used to settle him for bringing the monster called cultism to Nigeria and Africa.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by NellyGhenghen(m): 10:22am On Jul 13, 2013
vallycan: Dis is so ridiculous an enormity of the highest. Level, well there's nothing u can do to a creator of tyranny in Nigeria an Africa as a whole... Dat's d ultimate powa of sea.... Dogz

There is always that one person on nairaland who trys to make sense but ends up talking total jargons shocked

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by jasper7(m): 10:22am On Jul 13, 2013
jjcbuthot:

She is an exact mirror of her husband...
#TRUE THAT. cheesy
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Akell(m): 10:22am On Jul 13, 2013
akell:
Akell:
....and Achebe would be remembered for giving the whole world a distorted
view of the Nigerian Civil War in his swan song tittled 'There was a Country'

bestview:

Now you have accepted the fact that the Africa's most influential celebrity and father of modern African literature is Achebe.
While your local champion Soyenka will be remembered for introducing campus cultism and killing of millions of students along the line. It is an undeniable fact that Soyenka will not be remembered for any positive thing.
I can see I need not bandy words with you anymore...I doubt your educational sagacity...
Take ma advice: go to the basics!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by ZACHIE: 10:24am On Jul 13, 2013
a government that replies every criticism is lame one
i hope a committee will not be soon set to respond to criticisms across all social media.
they are already on nairaland anyway.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by deeptesting(m): 10:24am On Jul 13, 2013
I wish the drama from River State house of Assembly, to Soyinka's grammar conference and PEJ pay boy response to Nairaland keyboard warriors argument were for the good of the voiceless and Downthrowden....I will be back let me buy roasted plantain and groundnut for breakfast.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by collynzo2(m): 10:26am On Jul 13, 2013
Pygru:

“It’s an embarrassment to his throng of admirers and followers, that a sage of Prof. Soyinka’s status, who used to be a gauge of public morality in this nation, would lend himself to a propaganda of high drive, to save a governor who elected to launch into a river without applicable survival skills.”
So they have admitted that they are fighting the governor? Okay watch out for another press statement contradicting this.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by qidas: 10:26am On Jul 13, 2013
You got that track/Video/Product/Event/Artist/Brand you wanna promote? Contact <a href="http://9jatunes.mobie.in/hype%20ninja___">Hype Ninja</a>
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by jasper7(m): 10:27am On Jul 13, 2013
bestview:

FYI: He is not known nor regarded anywhere in east by anybody. Infact nobody knows him outside yurobaland. Fact!. The only thing that come to mind when we remind Soyenka is campus cultism and cult war.

We have Achebe..a hero that is celebrated all over the world as the Africa's most influential celebrity and father of modern African literature. Deal with it..
E don do 4 u na. No need for tribal bigotry. Achebe is respected, Intelligent, well-Travelled and Educated. The same goes with soyinka. They are both of the same fibre. Why must you start unnecessary comparison? A battle you know no party will ever win.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 13, 2013
bestview:

U just a bloody tribalist. Please,if U are a parent on this forum,don't let your kids grow up thinking like this sycophant. If I have to remind u again,stop being an illiterate, Its SOYINKA and not soyenka
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by ukpaku: 10:28am On Jul 13, 2013
My_Time: Is Wole Soyinka God? He has betrayed the confidence most of us had in him. Sometimes we have to put respected people in their place when they cross the boundary of decorum and respect. Wole Soyinka should zip it! He needs proper dosage of flagil for his running mouth!!

^^^^^^^^
I Still maintain that PEJ has no moral justification to talk back at the Prof. Her only portfolio is being the wife of the president. Soyinka has achieved a lot and demands respect. He is one of our national icons and a gift to this nation. He commands more respect outside the shores of this country than PEJ can ever get so she should be the one to zip it... IMO
10000000000 true
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 13, 2013
jasper7:
E don do 4 u na. No need for tribal bigotry. Achebe is respected, Intelligent, well-Travelled and Educated. The same goes with soyinka. They are both of the same fibre. Why must you start unnecessary comparison? A battle you know no party will ever win.
Help me tell the nincompoop o
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by jasper7(m): 10:31am On Jul 13, 2013
ZACHIE: a government that replies every criticism is lame one
i hope a committee will not be soon set to respond to criticisms across all social media.
they are already on nairaland anyway.

When Soyinka criticizes, eye-brows are raised. He's a senior statesman. You have to take his everyword seriously. Because a lot of people listen to him.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by vambi: 10:31am On Jul 13, 2013
olayiwola-aims:
With all this response on prof by fellow NL..I just realise that this country has no where to go than to sink.. Whts d different btw u guyz and PEJ?...and who the hell is PEJ to b talking to a whole Nobel laureate...smh ..

I never knew soyinka was a god
I never knew soyinka was the messiah
I never knew soyinka was infallible
I never knew we should worship him when he talks
I never knew u dare not reply a nobel laureate even if he insults ur parent
I never knew Amaechi is a saint
Obj vs Ladoja,Obj vs Ngige,Obj vs Fayose, Obj vs Alams,Obj vs Atiku these were acceptable because Obj is Baba u don't mess with Baba.
GEJ is retardeen PEJ is a grammar undertaker how unfortunate this president and his wife are,if it is Obj Amaechi will mess with him,anyway our god wole soyinka has spoken so he is condemed.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Zither(m): 10:32am On Jul 13, 2013
hmm...Wole Soyinka cannot be more right...here he pointed out the excesses of a woman whose actions lack constitutional backing in addition to violating same except that they have roots in her domestic position to the President, but some zealots have publicly flayed him for airing his very note worthy observation regardless of her unconstitutionally autocratic disposition in the crisis bedeviling Rivers state.

His comment houses no other import than that she has no political or national role as defined by the constitution or any law and therefore her actions are in excess of her mere domestic position to the President in which case, as the learned Prof aptly and succinctly phrases it, she should be a lady before being a first lady....

I know the constitutionally blind zealots will take the opposite train of the Prof's argument but whether it be black, red, green, or your worst color..the truth is the truth....the ProF is an icon of truth to his followers contrary to PEJ's statement.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by iykofias(m): 10:32am On Jul 13, 2013
PEJ should come out and say whatever tin she wants to say herself so dat her poor english will give us something to laugh about in ds trying times. Yes she can!!!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 13, 2013
sarutobie:
Obviously Judging by your typing and uncouth manner, NO you did not.

Yes, I did and what would U do?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by godfreyakpoguma(m): 10:34am On Jul 13, 2013
Dis is all we do in Nigeria. Others are strengthening their country with provision of jobs,industralization,social amenities etc all we do is causing problems,sometimes i ask myself wat am i gaining from dis country?don't Ʊ guys travel abroad?cant Ʊ see d differences
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by DIVINE78: 10:34am On Jul 13, 2013
Ola Johnson:
You're disgrace to every that is connected with you.
Touche!!! That chap is a disgrace. Even to his dogs.
Only God knows what PEJ feeds him with.
PEJ and GEJ (yes,PEJ first) are behind the crisis rocking Rivers, she was there for 11 days,attended a function where she openly expressed her displeasure for Ameachi, wine and dine with the 5 crazy honorables including the pseudo speaker. The state PDP in turn paid Jona visit in Abuja where they were given specific instruction to impeach the speaker, an assignment that would later turn out to be mission impossible. Heads were "maced",jaws broke e.t.c If it looks like a duck, swims like
a duck, and quacks like a duck,
then it probably is a duck.
PEJ and GEJ are behind this turmoil.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Anvaller: 10:34am On Jul 13, 2013
Wow this thread is a revelation. It reveals that the argument here is not along the line of who is actually right or wrong, It immediately go along tribal bashing. The bone of contention is abandoned and and battle of tribes is drawn. We are more concerned about bringing each others down, how are u all here different from the leaders u are accusing of incompetence. Our leaders are a reflection of
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 13, 2013
9ja....a land of chaos and confusion
cant believe folkz here are mentally deranged to admit d fact that PEJ is ryt....she is a disaster to her family and to nigeria...she need to learn from other first ladies of other countries...
She is a woman for Gods sake...#with low I.Q profile#
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by BekeeBuAgbara: 10:36am On Jul 13, 2013
bestview: [s][/s]

Who is the Africa's most influential celebrity and who is also the father of modern African literature? Achebe is a worldwide household name for positive things..go figure

The world will remember each and everyone of them by their works. While Achebe will be remember for affecting millions around the world positively through his work.

Soyenka on the other side of the coin will be remembered for campus cultism and killing of millions through campus war etc.
Gbam, the man is the father of cultism in Nigeria, a menace that has sent hundreds of our university students to an early grave.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Donykua: 10:36am On Jul 13, 2013
A fool will be kill by his wife. GEJ you are warned. [color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (25) (Reply)

Amaechi Caught Sleeping In Calabar As Buhari Was Commissioning Projects (Pics / Dino Melaye Shows Off His Senatorial Seat After His Victory (photo) / Senator James Manager Kneeling For Ibori (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.