Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,823 members, 7,817,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan (68229 Views)

Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Wole Soyinka Is Better Off As A 'Guinea Fowl' Hunter - Obasanjo / Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by sobaemma(m): 7:04am On Jul 13, 2013
domcarez: Is Wole Soyinka a God? Let him shut up his running mouth, He deserves whatever response he gets 4rm the first lady, i cant believe the Soyinka took sides in this matter...he has just lost my respect for him since he has abandoned reason for madness. Soyinka is an APC supporter in disguise
this why u scored 17 in ur jamb,so if soyinka advise the president that he should curb his wife action in the rivers role then he is apc in disguisehmmm,i wonder how people reason atimes,and as 4 u losting respecting for him,lol,lost respect for soyink??lol,make i pause

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by ekolina(m): 7:04am On Jul 13, 2013
Chain_Blinger: I pity her more! Imagine this stupiid lady taking a swipe at the prof instead of her to hide her fat-face in shame she's even have the courage talk.

Naija has gone to the dogs family!
y won't 9ja go to d dogs family wen u beat up ur mum n dad evryday.........u beta beg God for forgiveness orderwise..
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Chinaimporter: 7:05am On Jul 13, 2013
X-factoria:

And that makes him infallible?

Wole Soyinka was wrong to have attributed the fracas to Patience! What investigation did he carry out before rushing to conclusions? IS he of the SSS or Police? Does he live in Rivers State? In academics where WS holds so much authority, you cannot make categorical statements like he did in this case without having carried out an experiment to proof his points beyond doubt. WS's disparaging remarks on Patience belittles his status. Its a shame for a man of his status to be making categorical statements based on hearsays and rumor. He's more exposed to know that.

[size=18pt]i do not care if the prof is right or wrong but all i can categoricaly say is that if he right,the first lady was wrong to insult him and if he is wrong,the first lady will be too dull to know so all in all the first lady was wrong[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Youngzedd(m): 7:05am On Jul 13, 2013
domcarez: The only countribution Wole Soyinka gave to Nigeria is the Introduction of Cultism in Nigerian tertiary Institutions and the old fool continues to defend it til today,am not surprised he sided with his fellow cultist Amaechi.,.nobel laureat my foot!

I tire for that man self.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by olaglofarm: 7:05am On Jul 13, 2013
leonard509: i dnt even knw wat to say. . .c diz illitrate dey challenge pesin wey begin reign b4 ha husband angry

Soyinka deserve some respect, ACCEPTED, but when he crosses His line, the poorest non achieved sumbody can return him back to his place. anyway they are all GAMBLING WITH POLITICS...............................
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Youngzedd(m): 7:07am On Jul 13, 2013
ekolina: y won't 9ja go to d dogs family wen u beat up ur mum n dad evryday.........u beta beg God for forgiveness orderwise..

This is serious.

Odikwa very risky if it's true.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by obas01(m): 7:07am On Jul 13, 2013
harlos: Why did they unzipped dis woman's mouth, she no suppose to dey talk angry
She fit talk , no b hire she hire person to speak on her behave, and Nairalanders I observe sumtin there are sum pple here hire by GEJ, they counter evrytin said against d President, Op I notice den for sumtime now try and check there profile ,useless pple the course & Punishment that all our corrupt leaders deserve will b for dem and there Family too,.. , A person dat Doesn't fit to b a counselor let-alone president , .. Hmmm Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 13, 2013
magaliyu: i pity this woman and her husband,

Pity yourself rather. They are the President and first Lady.

What are you and what have you achieved?

Lowly internet POS.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by BekeeBuAgbara: 7:08am On Jul 13, 2013
Van snickers:

Bro. Go and sit down, you're speaking Nonsense.
Are you one of Amaechi's thugs? Boy go find job, agbero no be work. undecided
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Kelvinigho(m): 7:08am On Jul 13, 2013
PEJ was right .A prof cant sit down and start acusing people with facts.has amenchi come openly to say dt GEJ AND PEJ are responsible for him to be able to govern his state.rember when adams oshio came up as a governor thru the court what hapen he changed the speaker of the house.so forget party things here they are al d same
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 7:08am On Jul 13, 2013
Little do these people know that if Soyinka calls for a mass action and demands for Jonathan to step down for his role in the various bombings, oil bunkering, subsidy fraud and Rivers State crisis, this regime will end.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by nerodenero: 7:09am On Jul 13, 2013
X-factoria:

And that makes him infallible?

Wole Soyinka was wrong to have attributed the fracas to Patience! What investigation did he carry out before rushing to conclusions? IS he of the SSS or Police? Does he live in Rivers State? In academics where WS holds so much authority, you cannot make categorical statements like he did in this case without having carried out an experiment to proof his points beyond doubt. WS's disparaging remarks on Patience belittles his status. Its a shame for a man of his status to be making categorical statements based on hearsays and rumor. He's more exposed to know that.
What makes you think he didnt carry out his own investigation before lunching attacks on the wife's president?Take it or leave it,her excessess is too much and she is seriously causing havoc to the already heated polity.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by tjadeba(m): 7:10am On Jul 13, 2013
slap1: Patience cannot even understand a stanza of Soyinka's easiest poems, yet she runs her illiterate, 'umbleralistic', sewage-pit of a mouth at him. Even in death, Stella Obasanjo is a better First Lady than that pumped-up frog called Patience.

She did not say all that. They wrote that for her. Does she know the meaning of the expression "standing on a clay feet"

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by eldoradoxx: 7:11am On Jul 13, 2013
But let's say the truth, how did GEJ or PEJ sponsor the crisis in Rivers HOA? It is simply political process for legislators to fight, it is absolutely normal all over the world whether in China, Germany, US, UK and indeed all democratic nations. So why should ordinary fight by lawmakers be greeted by this kind of criticism of GEJ and PEG? Its not fair at all. Fight in a legislative house helps strengthen the system and growth in our democratic experience. Like the other group of 27 have been accused of being mere rubber stamp to Amechi, isn't it good we have dissidents amongst them to expose the ills of Amechi leadership in Rivers (if any) ?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by slap1(m): 7:11am On Jul 13, 2013
carzola: clap for your self "EWA" if soyinka is great y as he dont spoken about the ASUU strike,?not to go and put his old spelling mouth in the politics of nigeria, or he want to end up like Ameachi or even worst.
With your cold-blooded murder of English displayed above, I can understand why you support Patience. Who wrote JAMB for you? Whose admission slot are you enjoying in the university? Go and learn basic English before you write a sentence that contains 'Soyinka'!

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Sunjos: 7:11am On Jul 13, 2013
tokunboh: I'm shocked at PEJ's audacity to take a swipe at Soyinka!.... This drama is really getting interesting and embarrasing...

Is Wole Soyinka God? He has betrayed the confidence most of us had in him. Sometimes we have to put respected people in their place when they cross the boundary of decorum and respect. Wole Soyinka should zip it! He needs proper dosage of flagil for his running mouth!!
guys lets be truthful and civil in our remark. Soyinka just said the simple and bitter truth that many are shying away from for fear of either losing their 'whatever they are protecting for not saying the truth' kodos Prof.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by fasa2020(m): 7:11am On Jul 13, 2013
Bandit C.:

Pity yourself rather. They are the President and first Lady.

What are you and what have you achieved.

Lowly internet POS.

the fact that they are the President and First Lady, no one should caution them ? Besides, you think being the first lady is an achievement ?
I really wonder how my country people reasons sad

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 13, 2013
olatomiwa: P[color=#000099][/color]ity! This forum has been infliterated by paid publicists from the Presidency. It is soooo obvious
Nah, no one here is paid to do any of these by the presidency. The Pej's apologists here are prolly people still smarting from the prof's recent attack on Chinua Achebe.
Thread/forum has been rather hijacked by bigoted TRIBALISTS!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by oviedike: 7:11am On Jul 13, 2013
Shame on all of you talking against Soyinka. It has to take an old man to stand up and talk for us. We have become so weak. What has he said thats wrong? That she took siege of PH for almost 2 weeks? Didn't you see what happened when she blocked Lagos for a day? For 2 weeks in PH? The Gov couldn't move? Then imagine regular citizens. Just not fair! When something is wrong we should unite and say THIS IS WRONG!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Remii(m): 7:11am On Jul 13, 2013
ekolina: noble laurent ma foot.......wat has wole soyinka contributed to d development of dis nation, apart from d introduction of cultism

Wole Soyinka gave birth to road safety corp as it is today, call it FRSC, LASTMA or any other name, they all take inspirations from Sango of defunct Oyo State headed by Wole, the model of which IBB used to establish FRSC and made WS the first director. Most of pioneer staff were said to be members of the Sea dogs and Pirates but they had good reputation and did very well until it became all comers

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by jummylaw(f): 7:12am On Jul 13, 2013
tokunboh: I'm shocked at PEJ's audacity to take a swipe at Soyinka!.... This drama is really getting interesting and embarrasing...

Is Wole Soyinka God? He has betrayed the confidence most of us had in him. Sometimes we have to put respected people in their place when they cross the boundary of decorum and respect. Wole Soyinka should zip it! He needs proper dosage of flagil for his running mouth!!

Will you shut that dirty mouth of urs, its apologists like you that continues to encourage people like the first lady... Can you categorically tell us what's the point of the crises in river state, can you tell us the reason why people of rivers are not allowed to live in peace. How can you even dare to challenge Prof. Soyinka on what is going on in river state right now, I pray that you and ur children will continue live in an unsecured environment since that's what you wished other people.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by ekolina(m): 7:12am On Jul 13, 2013
Symphony007: Who ever came up with this nonsense is a goat. Soyinka is now clay feet? He has betrayed trust? But he was'nt clay or a betrayal when he took to the streets with millions of nigerians to demand jonathan be sworn in as president when yar adua was sick. This foolish bunch are so thinned skin that they want everybody to be a propagander machine for them. They now have the guts to go after after a man who put nigeria on the map as the first african literary lauret, what have this goats ever achieved in their lives apart from kissing the rings of god fathers that brought them to aso rock. Where were they went soyinka took on abacha and lived to tell the story. This is the part this country is now taking?

"before you say you're a first lady, learn how to be a lady first"- prof. Soyinka
soyinka neva took on Abacha, who was no where near 9ja wen Abacha was on seat....he flee to d uk
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 13, 2013
kingoflag: Loool I shake my head vigorously in pity....

Listen, you monkeys that dont understand the power and respect Prof.Wole Soyinka has all over the world....

All Prof.Soyinka has to do is sit down with Christian Amanpour and totally, and directly (by naming him and his wife) decimate and destroy Jonathan to the world and thats it; hes finished! What will happen next is the Western World setting a trap for him to fall into either before he leaves office or right after. GEJ is fighting a battle he will never win! Instead of the subliminal disses OBJ, Soyinka and co have been dropping on the world stage, if they get direct with GEJ-- and point fingers at him and actually accuse him of impunity in front of the foreign/Western Media--what will happen is either they'll encourage 5th Columnists to take over his Government while they look the other way, or they'll assist in ensuring that he ends up in one of their newly designed Prisons (as part of their "supporting Africa in the fight against corruption" ) once he leaves office. Whether you donkey-supporters of his know it or not, the only reason the Army hasnt taken over is because they are scared of repercussions from Western Govts.

GEJ IS A NOBODY! He is not respected by the West and if you dont realize it, hes not very well liked by them: They despise him. Hes not from the era of Nigerian Military men who had connections for eons with Western Spy services/Govts--- Hes just a "fortunate" man whom luck chose to smile upon by given him a easy avenue to perfect that which hes best at: PILFERING PUBLIC FUNDS.

GEJ will do himself a whole lotta good to check himself and curb his excesses because if he doesnt (and you can take this to the bank) and notable men like Prof.Soyinka take this beef to the world stage, hes toast.
Rubbbish!!!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by aderonkedeborah(f): 7:13am On Jul 13, 2013
Pygru:
dat one come give am the leeway to run him mouth
I know u dont av elders @ home, n moreover ur type can not be a leader cos d truth sounds lyk an abomination to u,watch ur burning tongue well o.k.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Remii(m): 7:14am On Jul 13, 2013
ekolina: soyinka neva took on Abacha, who was no where near 9ja wen Abacha was on seat....he flee to d uk

go and read about Radio Kudirat.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by kwajahafiz(m): 7:14am On Jul 13, 2013
When this government is long gone, and it shall some day..Tops, another couple of years...Soyinka will still remain the Icon and world statesman that he is.
His love for his country is the only reason why he should be mentioned in the same breath with this cadre of people.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by dlox147(m): 7:14am On Jul 13, 2013
olayiwola-aims:
With all this response on prof by fellow NL..I just realise that this country has no where to go than to sink.. Whts d different btw u guyz and PEJ?...and who the hell is PEJ to b talking to a whole Nobel laureate...smh ..
Being a "noble laureate" does not give u d right to wrong judgement.can he prove beyond reasonable doubt dat the 1st lady is invovled in this saga? His assertions are based on hearsay, which is disappointing coming from the so called prof...And dnt forget NO MATTER how hard YOU try u still can not rule out the fact that she(PEJ) is your first lady, the sooner u accept it the better grin grin..so tell ur prof to SH.T THE F..K UP..
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by abujalapdog(m): 7:14am On Jul 13, 2013
Abagworo: Little do these people know that if Soyinka calls for a mass action and demands for Jonathan to step down for his role in the various bombings, oil bunkering, subsidy fraud and Rivers State crisis, this regime will end.

I understand that he is your God,but only empty brains like you will follow him coz u cant see far that you suppose to be incharge of your life ...you always want someone to lead an tell you what to do..why not start yourself an see how many people will follow you?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by yetunsbay(m): 7:15am On Jul 13, 2013
sheniqua: I said it earlier that the prof is losing it
This is the same man that told us it was Ok for Patience Jonathan to be made a perm sec in Bayelsa
The same man that cried that Achebe was called the father of African literature
Now taking a swipe at the first lady
Maybe old age is setting in
He needs to watch his tongue,he is mis stepping a lot these days
Has he ever stepped on your personality?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 13, 2013
It is high time this old Prof is put in his rightful place. How can he be drawing conclusion on issues he knows little or nothing about. Chinua Achebe never brought himself this low to talk about somebody's wife. He should stop seeking for notice.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by fasa2020(m): 7:15am On Jul 13, 2013
tjadeba:

She did not say all that. They wrote that for her. Does she know the meaning of the expression "standing on a clay feet"

Thank you my broda !!! I'd prefer these two come on TV and lets see the most embarrassing one to this nation. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Amaechi Caught Sleeping In Calabar As Buhari Was Commissioning Projects (Pics / Dino Melaye Shows Off His Senatorial Seat After His Victory (photo) / Senator James Manager Kneeling For Ibori (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.