Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial (27945 Views)

Senator George Theuri Posts Half-Unclad Picture Of Him And His Wife On Facebook / Woolwich Murder Trial: Michael Adebolajo And Michael Adebowale Found Guilty / Anders Breivik Pleads Not Guilty At Norway Murder Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by solomon111(m): 8:31am On Jul 14, 2013
America,the "land of the free".
America,the "bastion of justice".
yeah right!
God bless china,russia and Nigeria for keeping it real.

4 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 14, 2013
At least I have light 24/7. angry

*runs away*
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by 2legit2qwt: 8:34am On Jul 14, 2013
ogugua88: At least I have light 24/7. angry

*runs away*

**chases after her with a machete angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Afam4eva(m): 8:36am On Jul 14, 2013
CFCfan:

I tell you. He wasn't even found guilty of manslaughter. Very strange indeed.
Isn't manslaughter when you kill someone knowingly but without malice or per-meditated. It's different from killing someone in self defense. I think the Jury decided the fate of Zimmerman based on the evidence they had.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
Isn't manslaughter when you kill someone knowingly but without malice or per-meditated. It's different from killing someone in self defense. I think the Jury decided the fate of Zimmerman based on the evidence they had.

Correct. That was why I was shocked that the Prosecution was heavily pushing the Murder charge.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by solomon111(m): 8:36am On Jul 14, 2013
ogugua88: At least I have light 24/7. angry

*runs away*
lol.
China and russia have light too.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 14, 2013
2legit2qwt:

**chases after her with a machete angry angry angry angry
No violence please. grin
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Afam4eva(m): 8:37am On Jul 14, 2013
solomon111: lol.
China and russia have light too.
Nigeria too grin
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
Nigeria too grin

cheesy grin

Keep dreaming
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
Nigeria too grin

Ibadan has 24-hr light cheesy
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by 2legit2qwt: 8:38am On Jul 14, 2013
"Had a gun toting trayvon martin stalked and killed an unarmed zimmerman/do I need to complete this sentence?"..Russel Simmons

1 Like

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by 2legit2qwt: 8:39am On Jul 14, 2013
CFCfan:
No violence please. grin

No way, an eye for an eye... tongue grin angry
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by 2legit2qwt: 8:41am On Jul 14, 2013
Racism is very much alive in America, sad but true sad

3 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by solomon111(m): 8:42am On Jul 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
Nigeria too grin
Nigeria ke?
Abeg no embarass us here o.
Light wey we get never reach anywhere.
Na manage, we dey manage am oo.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 14, 2013
And marissa alexander goes to jail for 20 years for shooting at a ceiling. Guess what? Same prosecutor in this trial
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Afam4eva(m): 8:51am On Jul 14, 2013
I think understanding the Florida laws will make us understand the outcome of the Zimmerman and Marrissa Alexander case. The Florida law is so fvcked up that had Marrissa killed her husband, she probably would have walked free just like Zimmerman but the fact that she missed shooting her husband, she was definitely gonna go to jail. Everything shouldn't be based on racism but on the laws of the land.

3 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 14, 2013
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 14, 2013
yet the foolish, useless Africans keeps packing money to america and Europe??

3 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by 2legit2qwt: 9:00am On Jul 14, 2013
Afam4eva: I think understanding the Florida laws will make us understand the outcome of the Zimmerman and Marrissa Alexander case. The Florida law is so fvcked up that had Marrissa killed her husband, she probably would have walked free just like Zimmerman but the fact that she missed shooting her husband, she was definitely gonna go to jail. Everything shouldn't be based on racism but on the laws of the land.

Dude!! If the scenario was reversed and Trayvon was the one who shot Zimmerman, his azz would have been locked up a long time ago and ready for the hangman's noose. The law isn't being applied fairly when it involves black and white and considering the history of this country, it's disgusting and shameful.

5 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by bookface: 9:00am On Jul 14, 2013
SuyaEater: All the obama becoming president was a joke....they said obama election show a post racial america.....what a jokeeeeee.....

When in doubt, blame the president.

Somehow, Obama is at fault in all of this isn't he? Because he was the Judge or because he sat in the Jury? Obama is not a King, he is a President.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Afam4eva(m): 9:03am On Jul 14, 2013
2legit2qwt:

Dude!! If the scenario was reversed and Trayvon was the one who shot Zimmerman, his azz would have been locked up a long time ago and ready for the hangman's noose. The law isn't being applied fairly when it involves black and white and considering the history of this country, it's disgusting and shameful.

Do you understand Florida laws? If you do then tell us the part that was not followed. While i agree that there's a great deal of racism in America, but not every action must be seen in that light.

1 Like

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by 2legit2qwt: 9:06am On Jul 14, 2013
bookface:

When in doubt, blame the president.

Somehow, Obama is at fault in all of this isn't he? Because he was the Judge or because he sat in the Jury? Obama is not a King, he is a President.
I don't think he was blaming obama, i believe it was a reference to how white Americans want us to believe America is now more open and less racist to the point where a black man was made president.

1 Like

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by 2legit2qwt: 9:15am On Jul 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
Do you understand Florida laws? If you do then tell us the part that was not followed. While i agree that there's a great deal of racism in America, but not every action must be seen in that light.

You don't get it do you? The "stand your ground" law that pivotal in this case was followed to the tee and even more. This law in itself is like saying, it's ok to kill as long as you can prove self defense. I repeat, if Trayvon was white and Zimmerman was black, the least he would have gotten would be time behind bars. There are several case i can bring up to back this, one of which i know parties involved
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by 2legit2qwt: 9:17am On Jul 14, 2013
How possible is it to shoot yourself while you're cuffed undecided

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/08/21/autopsy-arkansas-man-shot-himself-while-cuffed-in-back-of-police-car/

I'm out, it's almost 4 am.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Afam4eva(m): 9:23am On Jul 14, 2013
REALITY101: And thinking about Troy Davis who was executed without enough evidence....

The laws of Florida and Georgia are not the same. let's put things in perspective.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by cold(m): 9:31am On Jul 14, 2013
Developing Story

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Maxymilliano(m): 9:34am On Jul 14, 2013
CFCfan: In hindsight, the Prosecution should have focused on the manslaughter charge. There was no way GZ would have been convicted on 2nd Degree murder. 2nd Degree murder implied that GZ had the premeditated intention to kill Trayvon, which the Prosecution couldn't prove.

That he was acquitted of manslaughter, a lesser charge that does not require prosecutors to show “a deranged mind” or ill will still baffles me Bro ...

1 Like

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Olaone1: 10:09am On Jul 14, 2013
Afam4eva: I think understanding the Florida laws will make us understand the outcome of the Zimmerman and Marrissa Alexander case. The Florida law is so fvcked up that had Marrissa killed her husband, she probably would have walked free just like Zimmerman but the fact that she missed shooting her husband, she was definitely gonna go to jail. Everything shouldn't be based on racism but on the laws of the land.
You just love to support anything American, don't you?

3 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 14, 2013
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by druid06(m): 10:17am On Jul 14, 2013
I don't want to base my argument on this issue with the race card. I never did follow the trial but I read the summations and I am going to give my own idealogy about this incident.

G.Z ( George Zimmerman ) saw a suspicious looking black male ( Trayvor Martin ) and immediately called the authorities for assistance and to report his observations. He was told not to make an approach on this suspicion person but keep a watch on their activity.

He disobeyed order and followed this suspicious character even into tight black corners.

Now, I want to imagine myself in T.M shoes. I'm walking home or going out very late in the night and suddenly there's this figure emerging from his vehicle and carefully approaching me in the back watching me closely. I quickly picture this figure and notice his race to be hispanic/latino descendant and is built like a bull.

Knowing the area very well for it's gang related voilence, I get spooked about me attacked or being jacked ( being robbed ) and I am no punk so I turn back and charge at my predator asking why he is following me and I get no response. My immediate reflex would be to attack and make my predator incapacitated so I can flee. I am still not sure who is his. He might be a serial killer or some sort or even a white targetting blacks for racist reasons.

Now, there's a brawl between me and this person who is about twice my size and almost immediately, I am being shot and I loose my life in this incident.

Now everyone kindly take the time to imagine this scenerio and tell me what you would have done. Wouldn't it be the same thing I have done?.

You can't just follow someone because you're an overzealous cop wannabee even when the authuroties adviced you not to follow suit but to wait for backup. Now an innocent man has been murdered and the culprit is now being acquitted of his crime because of it's circumstancial evidence. I just think this is wrong. G.Z is guilty and should be sentenced for second degree murder or even a lesser charge of manslaughter.

My two cents.

3 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by druid06(m): 10:18am On Jul 14, 2013
cold: Developing Story

How true is this development?
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by biolabee(m): 10:21am On Jul 14, 2013
Effing A+

A mad country where any tom slick and harry can get a gun

Na today

red jasper: Curious to how the NBPP is going to respond to this, I mean here you have a group of individuals that supposedly stand for the principles of the original BPP yet their track record has yet to measure up. I'm not sure the NBPP is even aware of the modernized social inequality that we black america receive in this 21st century. Maybe, just maybe, if these damn CIA agents would keep their nose to the ground here instead of South Africa where they like to infiltrate genuine revolutionary parties, we'd be at least somewhat less skeptical about this post - khalid organization. Sadly, the problem with black america is the same problem with Africa - Leadership.

Although this is good stuff really, I'm absolutely enjoying all the baffling antics by the all-american kumbaya crowd. This ought to be a good enough wake up call that whitey doesn't love your black butt no matter how many marsh mellows you toss on the fire. Whitey is upping the ante across the board soon enough these minor ailments could set the stage for cancer, with a booming hispanic population willing to work for less than half the normal wage it could get ugly for us american negroes.

I mean I just feel so completely bad for the young man, I have seen this one too many times and nothing sends me into a rage quicker than a young man with his entire life ahead of him having it cut down by some bastard cop or swine!

Trayvon should of had a gun. His parents did a bad job of enlightening him on how to handle said altercations especially with swine. First things first, swine approaches you in a confrontational way after sunset, you don't have a gun - RUN. There's no way an unarmed white man is approaching a young black man he has any clue about in a confrontational manner during the night. That should've been trayvon's red flag to high tail it! First things first, if you're a black man wearing a hood at night, please have yourself a gun. These stereotypes exist for a very good reason! Stereotypes are powerful and propaganda can birth a genocide! Lastly, if for whatever reason you might find yourself as a black man in that situation, you can certainly suspect your life is in jeopardy. In turn, if you ever have to raise a gun against swine YOU better plan on the realization of taking a life and moving swiftly before the law arrives! In between taking it to court and surviving the commotion once the law shows up could be akin to betting your life on the lotto!

If you want to survive out here as righteous black man in America and keep somewhat of a fragment of your sanity intact you better know the game Jack!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Sergey Ryabkov: US-NATO Arms Convoys In Ukraine Legitimate Targets / Troops Enter The Gambia To Secure Barrow’s Return / Man Falls Into A River During Peaceful Protest In Cameroon (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.