Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial (27947 Views)

Senator George Theuri Posts Half-Unclad Picture Of Him And His Wife On Facebook / Woolwich Murder Trial: Michael Adebolajo And Michael Adebowale Found Guilty / Anders Breivik Pleads Not Guilty At Norway Murder Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 14, 2013
Not surprised. Everyone who followed the case should have seen it coming. The defense lawyers were on their A-game from the get-go and Zimmerman being neighborhood watch volunteer helped his case as well. And he shot a black boy in a gated community. People shouldn't act like racial profiling isn't alive - from Diallo, to Sean Bell, to Oscar Grant and even Henry Gates - and Zimmerman is also a pseudo-police. Add the racial background of the jurors to the equation - 5 white women and 1 minority. Anyway, racism is never going nowhere, it's here to stay and I don't know why people are surprised, to be honest.

Funny how millions of cowardly black people are crying all over the web and spamming my PC screen with bellicose comments. They only come out once in a blue moon for black solidarity, however, after the usual shouting, they will all go back to what they know best. Hate and destroy the next black person. Add cowardly way-of-life and living in denial to the list. If half of those screaming everywhere were down for the cause, the black race won't be as phucked up as it is.

Can't believe a Lil Wayne also had something to say, yet despite the millions he has made off making toxic music - he's yet to give back to the thousands of poor black kids in New Orleans who need help. Heck, that fool promotes gang violence.

Anyway, where permed up Al Sharpton at? That's the only nyggah I wanna see!!! Shout-outs to Dr. Marc Lamont Hill, Rolands Martin, Dr. Michael Eric Dyson, Prof. Cornell West, Tavis Smiley etc.. These are the only black people in the trenches - I feel your pains the great ones.

R.I.P Trayvon Martin! Another brother killed in this white man's world. Yet the American "Just-us" system let the killer walk free.

11 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by druid06(m): 10:25am On Jul 14, 2013
I don't want to base my argument on this issue with the race card. I never did follow the trial but I read the summations and I am going to give my own idealogy about this incident.

G.Z ( George Zimmerman ) saw a suspicious looking black male ( Trayvor Martin ) and immediately called the authorities for assistance and to report his observations. He was told not to make an approach on this suspicion person but keep a watch on their activity.

He disobeyed order and followed this suspicious character even into tight black corners.

Now, I want to imagine myself in T.M shoes. I'm walking home or going out very late in the night and suddenly there's this figure emerging from his vehicle and carefully approaching me in the back watching me closely. I quickly picture this figure and notice his race to be hispanic/latino descendant and is built like a bull.

Knowing the area very well for it's gang related voilence, I get spooked about me attacked or being jacked ( being robbed ) and I am no punk so I turn back and charge at my predator asking why he is following me and I get no response. My immediate reflex would be to attack and make my predator incapacitated so I can flee. I am still not sure who is his. He might be a serial killer or some sort or even a white targetting blacks for racist reasons.

Now, there's a brawl between me and this person who is about twice my size and almost immediately, I am being shot and I loose my life in this incident.

Now everyone kindly take the time to imagine this scenerio and tell me what you would have done. Wouldn't it be the same thing I have done?.

You can't just stalk someone because you're an overzealous cop wannabee even when the authuroties adviced you not to follow suit but to wait for backup. Now an innocent man has been murdered and the culprit is now being acquitted of his crime because of it's circumstancial evidence. I just think this is wrong. G.Z is guilty and should be sentenced for second degree murder or even a lesser charge of manslaughter.

My two cents.

2 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by biolabee(m): 10:49am On Jul 14, 2013
adaobi123:

For shooting at a wall and she got 20 years?!?!

America is messed up !!

How come you missed the one of the white man serving 20 years for shooting at his daughter's boyfriend
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by biolabee(m): 10:53am On Jul 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
Do you understand Florida laws? If you do then tell us the part that was not followed. While i agree that there's a great deal of racism in America, but not every action must be seen in that light.

Finally someone using logic rather than appealing to bias
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nnamdini(m): 11:07am On Jul 14, 2013
What d bleep!!! Tel me its a joke
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Dibiachukwu: 11:10am On Jul 14, 2013
Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all
they that take the sword shall perish with the sword (Mathew 26:52)

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written,
That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou
art judged (Romans 3:4)

For it is wise for a man to fear God!
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Freiburger(m): 11:11am On Jul 14, 2013
Whatever mofos, one thing is sure, George Zimmerman's days are numbered and the same fuckin Florida law will be applied. angry
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 14, 2013
i dnt c any reason y i shld read a post dat doesnt affect me in any way *goes back to fp*
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by bidis: 11:13am On Jul 14, 2013
call 08097038920 for past questions and answers in chevron shell lng ptdf total etc
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Sonsofbitches(m): 11:20am On Jul 14, 2013
Y'all Nigerians are so nosy!! why yall dont focus on the issues bothering yall than poking yall noses on an American affair. justice was served so shut the f**k up.

3 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Ninilowo(m): 11:22am On Jul 14, 2013
CFCfan:
It also reminds me of the Al-Mustapha case.
Beeni! My brother.....ki Olorun ko saanu fun wa.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by loswhite(m): 11:25am On Jul 14, 2013
Roland17: This is a very big shame, i am very disappointed with the ruling, the prosecution team did a very bad job especially with the witnesses, they did little or nothing to convince the Jury.

George Zimmerman killed the kid.. the 911 responder clearly told him to back off from the kid but he went ahead..

Its just a big shame, a jury consisting of 6 women
it was almost like the prosecution team just threw d case away intentionally #my opinion tho
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by drake2005: 11:30am On Jul 14, 2013
REALITY101: I love this country but at this point I've gotta say FUCCK America..

And hey fucck Obama

I'm out

You said that to me...will see!

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by loswhite(m): 11:39am On Jul 14, 2013
ogugua88:

It would have helped if their star witness was coherent... and didn't have an attitude problem... oh, and spoke English too.
and it was d fault of the prosecution not to prepare the star witness. They only started the prosecution after weeks of protest. How can a 29 old man claim dat a 17 year old boy dat he followed was slamming his head against concrete. And he is even bigger than the boy in terms of size
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by toshmann(m): 11:42am On Jul 14, 2013
SuyaEater: From emitt till to rodney king to latasha harlings to trayvon martin....america have a history of making black lives seem useless.

Problem is that black folks make it easy for the whiteys to ruin them daily

1 Like

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 14, 2013
shymexx: Not surprised. Everyone who followed the case should have seen it coming. The defense lawyers were on their A-game from the get-go and Zimmerman being neighborhood watch volunteer helped his case as well. And he shot a black boy in a gated community. People shouldn't act like racial profiling isn't alive - from Diallo, to Sean Bell, to Oscar Grant and even Henry Gates - and Zimmerman is also a pseudo-police. Add the racial background of the jurors to the equation - 5 white women and 1 minority. Anyway, racism is never going nowhere, it's here to stay and I don't know why people are surprised, to be honest.

Funny how millions of cowardly black people are crying all over the web and spamming my PC screen with bellicose comments. They only come out once in a blue moon for black solidarity, however, after the usual shouting, they will all go back to what they know best. Hate and destroy the next black person. Add cowardly way-of-life and living in denial to the list. If half of those screaming everywhere were down for the cause, the black race won't be as phucked up as it is.

Can't believe a Lil Wayne also had something to say, yet despite the millions he has made off making toxic music - he's yet to give back to the thousands of poor black kids in New Orleans who need help. Heck, that fool promotes gang violence.

Anyway, where permed up Al Sharpton at? That's the only nyggah I wanna see!!! Shout-outs to Dr. Marc Lamont Hill, Rolands Martin, Dr. Michael Eric Dyson, Prof. Cornell West, Tavis Smiley etc.. These are the only black people in the trenches - I feel your pains the great ones.

R.I.P Trayvon Martin! Another brother killed in this white man's world. Yet the American "Just-us" system let the killer walk free.
Really, what of blacks killed by blacks everday in chicago and detriot mtscheeew because he is white we wont hear word. Blacks always playing the blame game.

3 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by cold(m): 11:44am On Jul 14, 2013
druid06:

How true is this development?
I've been reading it on twitter & some other blogs but nothing official yet
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Freiburger(m): 11:45am On Jul 14, 2013
toshmann:

Problem is that black folks make it easy for the whiteys to ruin them daily
Right on point.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by gbadexy(m): 11:45am On Jul 14, 2013
The news stations are anticipating riots.
What do you people expect, five white female juror and one minority.
Be sure the guy would get served properly on the street. He isn't safe anymore and he has had to change is telephone lines before because of threats.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by delors(m): 11:45am On Jul 14, 2013
Although that guy was guilty, his lawyers did a very good job. Trayvon's lawyers didnt do well enough
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by AyeeIdris(f): 11:46am On Jul 14, 2013
I am very surprised at some of the comments being made here. Obviously many people did not follow the case and is basing it on racial sentiments. GZ was the neighborhood watchman. His neighborhood has been riddled with burglary. Two weeks before the incidence, two black teens were arrested. Its sad that no one really listened to the 911 call. If you had, you wont be saying all this(not the edited one by ABC that they withdrew and are currently being sued for). In the call, he reported that he has seen a boy on a hoodie acting suspiciously, stopping to check out houses (which is odd because it was raining). The 911 operator asked if the suspect was white, black or Hispanic. He said "he looks black". He was asked to stay there and he responded "This f******g punks always get away" Then he said "he is running" and the door was heard slamming. The 911 reporter asked if he was following him. He said yes. they said "we don't need you to do that" (that's not an order from the police. He has the right to follow. Its his job).
Wonderfully enough, Martin's wonderful girlfriend testified that Martin was already close to his father's fiancé house. why did he not go in? Why was he found almost 180 degrees away? and when he referred to Zimmerman (who is Hispanic,not white) as a "weird ass cracker", why is that not viewed as racist? The media only showed 12 year old pictures of him, not the 17 year man who looked thuggish with tattoos and gold teeth. They didn't allow evidence that Martin was currently in suspension from school for hitting a bus driver, that a few weeks before he was found with stolen jewelry. They disallowed the text from his cousin asking Martin to teach him how to fight. They failed to mention that the mother said in her initial interview that he was such a problem child that she had to send him to live with his father. All this was disallowed in court because he was a minor, which is understandable, but repressed by the media to what end? Because they wanted to portray the boy as an innocent kid and not a possible thug that he may or may not have been. Cos his record would show reasonable doubt.

Then the controversial 'help help' recording, which was taken by the neighbor who saw someone wearing red (Zimmerman) being beaten under and called 911. His testimony was never controverted or punctured in any way. GZ had even told the police that he had called for help before the existence of the tape was even known. Then Martin parents tried to claim that he was the one calling. Yet earlier Martin's father had told the police that it was not his son's voice. when he was cross-examined on that fact, he said that the police mis-interpreted him. You don't have to take my word for it. The whole trial is on Youtube for your viewing. the evidence are all online. Read them all and then decide, but not by listening to propaganda.

People saying that he chose to get out of his car. It was his job too. This is an Hispanic that has no racial prejudice history. For heaven's sake, the guy is brown. His papers identifies him as Hispanic since he was born. don't know when he became a white man. He was beaten up. His head has lacerations and his nose was swollen. Martin had no injury on him except d gun shot wound and a laceration to his knuckle. Self defence is not a crime. And hopefully will never be.

There was so many things wrong with the case. The police didn't see a crime and let him go until some people started a very false propaganda that I initially believed and supported to get him arrested. I was bitterly disappointed when the evidence started surfacing. Obama even had a federal team investigate Zimmerman for racial crimes and he was found not guilty. He did not just go and shoot a black kid walking. He shot a black man beating him up. How is he supposed to know if he was 17 or 18. Martin was way taller than him. As for his MMA history, the instructor testified that he was "horrible" and he had told him he only did it to stay fit and hopefully one day learn how to do it. Having some MMA training doesn't mean you cant be beaten in a surprise attack. There was no need to fight at all. If Zimmerman wanted to do James Bond, he wont bother calling 911. He would just trail the kid on his own, but he didn't do that.

You don't have to take my word for it. The internet is your friend. The trial was televised. Long and tedious hours to watch, but fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me.do your own research. His acquittal is beyond right

3 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by toshmann(m): 11:47am On Jul 14, 2013
adaobi123:

For shooting at a wall and she got 20 years?!?!

America is messed up !!
A black man has been jailed for accidentally shooting himself grin

America!
Gods own country cheesy

1 Like

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by AyeeIdris(f): 11:49am On Jul 14, 2013
gbadexy: The news stations are anticipating riots.
What do you people expect, five white female juror and one minority.
Be sure the guy would get served properly on the street. He isn't safe anymore and he has had to change is telephone lines before because of threats.

White people did not go after O.J simpson after he was acquitted of killing his white wife and her white boyfriend. Double standard much?
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by toshmann(m): 11:51am On Jul 14, 2013
SuyaEater: Former new york giants wide receiver plaxico burress who was black....was sentenced to 2 years in jail for accidentally shooting himself ....what a jokeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lol grin

My strategy in America is to keep as far away from police/crime/law as possible. If they profile wearing a hoodie, I don't wear any. My african-American friends call me coward, but I know as a black man I stand no chance of fairness in any trial. Especially with a foreign accent. I wonder why they don't see that.

3 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by vanessara: 11:53am On Jul 14, 2013
Height of INJUSTICE

2 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by PStacks(m): 11:57am On Jul 14, 2013
grin Who has seen Justice B4? Pls tell what she looks like. grin

What is bread for A is poison to B.
That means there is niether an A or B.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by toshmann(m): 11:57am On Jul 14, 2013
ogugua88: At least I have light 24/7. angry

*runs away*

Why are you running away. This is where a real struggle for fairness rests. O okay bc it's not feminism? grin
What d'you say about the black lady that got 20 yrs for shooting at the wall? D'you think she got that ( relative to Zimmerman's freedom) bc she's a woman?
O yeah, it's bc she's black!!

Don't run, come let us fight together for fairness and justice where fairness and justice is truly needed
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 14, 2013
Ayee Idris:

White people did not go after O.J simpson after he was acquitted of killing his white wife and her white boyfriend. Double standard much?

And do you have any proof that O.J killed that woman?

Also, who told the police and the prosecutors to plant fake evidence there? - they messed up their own case.

Stop comparing apples to oranges. GZ killed that boy because he was black. He profiled him and killed him for no reason and that's unacceptable. They can't just keep killing black people everywhere like that.

1 Like

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by longjon: 11:58am On Jul 14, 2013
Maxymilliano: [img]http://i2.wp.com/nationalreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/trayvon-martin.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=330%2C311[/img]

Obama Files Federal Charges Against George Zimmerman Following Acquittal in Shooting Murder of Trayvon Martin

July 13, 2013

Just when we thought the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case was over following Zimmerman’s acquittal, the Obama Administration has taken the steps needed to file federal charges, thus sidestepping the well established, against Zimmerman.  Unidentified sources within the Administration have confirmed that Obama, and Justice Eric Holder at the Department of Justice have filed charges against Zimmerman for “violating Trayvon Martin’s civil rights”.

Double jeopardy is an often misunderstood concept in American Law.  The rule merely states that an individual cannot be tried twice for the same crime in the SAME COURT.  Liberal Justice Department officials often charge Americans with crimes from which they have previously been acquitted by filing federal charges on a similar crime in a federal court.

http://nationalreport.net/obama-files-federal-charges-against-george-zimmerman-following-acquittal-in-shooting-murder-of-trayvon-martin/

Good
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2013
hummmmmm.

sad, indeed. embarassed embarassed embarassed

RIP Treyvon , I signed your petition embarassed embarassed
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by AyeeIdris(f): 12:02pm On Jul 14, 2013
shymexx:

And do you have any proof that O.J killed that woman?

Also, who told the police and the prosecutors to plant fake evidence there? - they messed up their own case.

Stop comparing apples to oranges. GZ killed that boy because he was black. He profiled him and killed him for no reason and that's unacceptable. They can't just keep killing black people everywhere like that.

Go and read the case of O.J simpson my brother. Everyone knows he killed them. It is not the most infamous case for nothing. He has practically confessed to do so. Yet no conviction. Go read up the facts of the Zimmerman case. Go to Wikipedia and google him. Follow the actual court happenings and then tell me again that this was racially motivated.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ayee Idris: Then the controversial 'help help' recording, which was taken by the neighbor who saw someone wearing red (Zimmerman) being beaten under and called 911.

Travyon beat GZ? shocked

If you believe that crab, then you're definitely a house negro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Sergey Ryabkov: US-NATO Arms Convoys In Ukraine Legitimate Targets / Troops Enter The Gambia To Secure Barrow’s Return / Man Falls Into A River During Peaceful Protest In Cameroon (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.