Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial (27944 Views)

Senator George Theuri Posts Half-Unclad Picture Of Him And His Wife On Facebook / Woolwich Murder Trial: Michael Adebolajo And Michael Adebowale Found Guilty / Anders Breivik Pleads Not Guilty At Norway Murder Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 14, 2013
that dumb and ugly last person trey had on the phone messed up the case....
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Lucasbalo(m): 12:05pm On Jul 14, 2013
Being black in America is not very delightful at the present moment. May God be with Trayvon Martin family. This is a great injustice.

1 Like

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 14, 2013
"There is a higher court than courts of justice and that is the court of conscience. It supersedes all other courts.” — Mahatma Gandhi.

4 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Lucasbalo(m): 12:11pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ayee Idris:

Go and read the case of O.J simpson my brother. Everyone knows he killed them. It is not the most infamous case for nothing. He has practically confessed to do so. Yet no conviction. Go read up the facts of the Zimmerman case. Go to Wikipedia and google him. Follow the actual court happenings and then tell me again that this was racially motivated.
miss idris, with all due respect u are wrong. Zimmerman racially profiled Trayvon and that is racial . Everything is recorded on tape. Please stop kissing the crackers ass. Shame on u for defending a self admitted murderer.

1 Like

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ayee Idris:
Go and read the case of O.J simpson my brother. Everyone knows he killed them. It is not the most infamous case for nothing. He has practically confessed to do so. Yet no conviction. Go read up the facts of the Zimmerman case. Go to Wikipedia and google him. Follow the actual court happenings and then tell me again that this was racially motivated.

I don't need to read the O.J case, I know about it. And I don't need to google Zimmerman's case - I've followed it from the beginning, from debates, to all the articles written by black scholars that I admire, to documentaries on BET(Zimmerman's lawyer was also part of it).

With O.J's case, there was no substantial proof that he killed them. And Johnnie Cochran(R.I.P brother) built his defense around that and persuaded the jurors citing the inconsistencies in the way in which the LAPD handled the case and the and how the DNA/blood-sample evidence were also inconsistent. Also, O.J never confessed to anything, he just wrote a book called: "If I Did It."

However, Zimmerman killed that boy. He racially profiled him and shot him dead. undecided
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by AyeeIdris(f): 12:12pm On Jul 14, 2013
picture of Zimmerman taken that night

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by gbadexy(m): 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ayee Idris:

White people did not go after O.J simpson after he was acquitted of killing his white wife and her white boyfriend. Double standard much?
If your earlier posts on the facts about the kid was true, then I would agree with your conclusion.
I will do some checking but the you tube is a no, way to slow, breaks and incoherent on •̸Ϟ•̸y phone.
I would like to see the teenager's recent pics too though and not the 12yrs old.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by loswhite(m): 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
Do you understand Florida laws? If you do then tell us the part that was not followed. While i agree that there's a great deal of racism in America, but not every action must be seen in that light.
it seems u knw d law of Florida so much. Are u one of the jury? FYI laws can be twisted so stop acting up. The prosecution did a bad case so stop dis ur Florida laws
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ayee Idris: picture of Zimmerman taken that night

That picture looks fake.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Afam4eva(m): 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2013
loswhite: it seems u knw d law of Florida so much. Are u one of the jury? FYI laws can be twisted so stop acting up. The prosecution did a bad case so stop dis ur Florida laws
Can you tell us how it was twisted in this case? I don't know why people instead of using their heads result to eschewing emotions on issues.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by AyeeIdris(f): 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
shymexx:

I don't need to read the O.J case, I know about it. And I don't need to google Zimmerman's case - I've followed it from the beginning, from debates, to all the articles written by black scholars that I admire, to documentaries on BET(Zimmerman's lawyer was also part of it).

With O.J's case, there was no substantial proof that he killed them. And Johnnie Cochran(R.I.P brother) built his defense around that and persuaded the jurors citing the inconsistencies in the way in which the LAPD handled the case and the and how the DNA/blood-sample evidence were also inconsistent. Also, O.J never confessed to anything, he just wrote a book called: "If I Did It."

However, Zimmerman killed that boy. He racially profiled him and shot him dead. undecided

You followed articles written by black scholars and because of that, you know about the case. Wow. Not the 911 tapes. Not the evidence shown. Not the witnesses' testimonies, but articles from "black' scholars who have been showing you 12 year old pictures of Travyon. Ok o. If that's why you are basing your theory on. I rest my argument. As for O.J, he confessed to his publisher that he killed them. However, double jeopardy stops him from being re-tried. He was released because the race card was played. Even the blacks know he did it. watch Under Cover Brother.

1 Like

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by koladebrainiac(m): 12:18pm On Jul 14, 2013
To think its only nigeria you find injustice? Wel,am waiting 4 a day a white man will try to impose ön me some shit,i'l kill him first and apologise later. Its kill or be killed. I just hate being under the foodchain! Mtchew
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by AyeeIdris(f): 12:18pm On Jul 14, 2013
shymexx:

That picture looks fake.

lol. You go fear black man ooooo. Sentiments over evidence. This picture was taken by the medical examiner who testified. Yet I am sure you don't have a problem with the fact that all we see is Martin's 12 year old picture. ok oooo.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 14, 2013
@Ayee_Idris

I just checked your profile and your location says "Bahrain."

Now I understand why you're arguing blindly and believing the tosh all over youtube. You don't know what racial profiling is. Only black men living in the West can understand what it means to be racially profiled and brutalised for no reason, just for being black. Then after messing you up, they will go dig up what you've done in your private life, that has nothing whatsoever to do with the reason you were brutalised, to label you a thug.

It's a white man's world...being a black male is difficult, believe that. undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ayee Idris: picture of Zimmerman taken that night
you clearly have no clues about the case , of course they fought. do you know what is a latino gang? of course tray got scared ..you would have done the same if someone start stalking/following you, esp in this racially divided America. where white beat up/assault black , latino do the same etc . who's GZ to intercept someone? who is that fcker to ask u to hold on? na wa ooo .

tray was probably a cocky dude, GZ asked him to stop and he said fck no , who the fck r u cracker , then GZ try to stop him by force, then the started fighting etc
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by AyeeIdris(f): 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2013
Lucasbalo: miss idris, with all due respect u are wrong. Zimmerman racially profiled Trayvon and that is racial . Everything is recorded on tape. Please stop kissing the crackers ass. Shame on u for defending a self admitted murderer.

Shame on you for using the word 'cracker' a racist term and calling someone racial. Shame on you for not even knowing what is on tape and saying everything is recorded. I signed the bloody petition to have Zimmerman arrested, until the evidence came out. I am not blinded by racial sentiments, but evidence. Plain and simple. If someone is beating me up and I have a gun, I will shoot first. As will anyone else. If Zimmerman was black, this won't even be an issue.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by PStacks(m): 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2013
shymexx: Not surprised. Everyone who followed the case should have seen it coming. The defense lawyers were on their A-game from the get-go and Zimmerman being neighborhood watch volunteer helped his case as well. And he shot a black boy in a gated community. People shouldn't act like racial profiling isn't alive - from Diallo, to Sean Bell, to Oscar Grant and even Henry Gates - and Zimmerman is also a pseudo-police. Add the racial background of the jurors to the equation - 5 white women and 1 minority. Anyway, racism is never going nowhere, it's here to stay and I don't know why people are surprised, to be honest.

Funny how millions of cowardly black people are crying all over the web and spamming my PC screen with bellicose comments. They only come out once in a blue moon for black solidarity, however, after the usual shouting, they will all go back to what they know best. Hate and destroy the next black person. Add cowardly way-of-life and living in denial to the list. If half of those screaming everywhere were down for the cause, the black race won't be as phucked up as it is.

Can't believe a Lil Wayne also had something to say, yet despite the millions he has made off making toxic music - he's yet to give back to the thousands of poor black kids in New Orleans who need help. Heck, that fool promotes gang violence.

Anyway, where permed up Al Sharpton at? That's the only nyggah I wanna see!!! Shout-outs to Dr. Marc Lamont Hill, Rolands Martin, Dr. Michael Eric Dyson, Prof. Cornell West, Tavis Smiley etc.. These are the only black people in the trenches - I feel your pains the great ones.

R.I.P Trayvon Martin! Another brother killed in this white man's world. Yet the American "Just-us" system let the killer walk free.

Atleast Nelson Mandela stood for what he believed in, he paid a grave price, but today, South Africa is better for it.

In what you believe in, Stand Up.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ayee Idris:

You followed articles written by black scholars and because of that, you know about the case. Wow. Not the 911 tapes. Not the evidence shown. Not the witnesses' testimonies, but articles from "black' scholars who have been showing you 12 year old pictures of Travyon. Ok o. If that's why you are basing your theory on. I rest my argument. As for O.J, he confessed to his publisher that he killed them. However, double jeopardy stops him from being re-tried. He was released because the race card was played. Even the blacks know he did it. watch Under Cover Brother.

What witnesses? You mean those paid agents of evil. And the 911 tapes only proved that Zimmerman shot the boy for no reason.

Again, O.J never confessed to anything. He just tried to milk the people by saying 'if he did it', he would have done so and so. The LAPD and jurors messed up the damn case - blame them for that, and not O.J.

Zimmerman killed that boy for being black, period!
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 14, 2013
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by AyeeIdris(f): 12:26pm On Jul 14, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: you clearly have no clues about the case , of course they fought. do you know what is a latino gang? of course tray got scared ..you would have done the same if someone start stalking/following you, esp in this racially divided America. where white beat up/assault black , latino do the same etc . who's GZ to intercept someone? who is that fcker to ask u to hold on? na wa ooo .

tray was probably a cocky dude, GZ asked him to stop and he said fck no , who the fck r u cracker , then GZ try to stop him by force, then the started fighting etc

He is the neighbor hood watchman. He has that right to intercept him. When you are stopped by vigilante guarding your estate here in Nigeria, will you not stop?. As for that conversation you stated, don't know why you got it from. No one saw the events preceding the fight. Only Zimmerman's words and If Travyon called him a "cracker", doesn't that make him a racist too?
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Lucasbalo(m): 12:26pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ayee Idris: I am very surprised at some of the comments being made here. Obviously many people did not follow the case and is basing it on racial sentiments. GZ was the neighborhood watchman. His neighborhood has been riddled with burglary. Two weeks before the incidence, two black teens were arrested. Its sad that no one really listened to the 911 call. If you had, you wont be saying all this(not the edited one by ABC that they withdrew and are currently being sued for). In the call, he reported that he has seen a boy on a hoodie acting suspiciously, stopping to check out houses (which is odd because it was raining). The 911 operator asked if the suspect was white, black or Hispanic. He said "he looks black". He was asked to stay there and he responded "This f******g punks always get away" Then he said "he is running" and the door was heard slamming. The 911 reporter asked if he was following him. He said yes. they said "we don't need you to do that" (that's not an order from the police. He has the right to follow. Its his job).
Wonderfully enough, Martin's wonderful girlfriend testified that Martin was already close to his father's fiancé house. why did he not go in? Why was he found almost 180 degrees away? and when he referred to Zimmerman (who is Hispanic,not white) as a "weird ass cracker", why is that not viewed as racist? The media only showed 12 year old pictures of him, not the 17 year man who looked thuggish with tattoos and gold teeth. They didn't allow evidence that Martin was currently in suspension from school for hitting a bus driver, that a few weeks before he was found with stolen jewelry. They disallowed the text from his cousin asking Martin to teach him how to fight. They failed to mention that the mother said in her initial interview that he was such a problem child that she had to send him to live with his father. All this was disallowed in court because he was a minor, which is understandable, but repressed by the media to what end? Because they wanted to portray the boy as an innocent kid and not a possible thug that he may or may not have been. Cos his record would show reasonable doubt. You are suffering from mental dwarfism for posting all this junk u are posting. GZ tracked Trayvon and followed him even after being told not to by police dispatcher. His job is not to confront but to call the cops. I live in a gated community in Oakpark and that is the standing rule. Community watchman is not a cop but neighbourhood eye. So get your story right. You are really pissing people off . Trayvon is just 21days after his 17th birthday while GZ was 28 at the time of incident. Imagine if Trayvon is ur son or brother. How will u feel ?. What a mental midget you are. Autie jemimma.

Then the controversial 'help help' recording, which was taken by the neighbor who saw someone wearing red (Zimmerman) being beaten under and called 911. His testimony was never controverted or punctured in any way. GZ had even told the police that he had called for help before the existence of the tape was even known. Then Martin parents tried to claim that he was the one calling. Yet earlier Martin's father had told the police that it was not his son's voice. when he was cross-examined on that fact, he said that the police mis-interpreted him. You don't have to take my word for it. The whole trial is on Youtube for your viewing. the evidence are all online. Read them all and then decide, but not by listening to propaganda.

People saying that he chose to get out of his car. It was his job too. This is an Hispanic that has no racial prejudice history. For heaven's sake, the guy is brown. His papers identifies him as Hispanic since he was born. don't know when he became a white man. He was beaten up. His head has lacerations and his nose was swollen. Martin had no injury on him except d gun shot wound and a laceration to his knuckle. Self defence is not a crime. And hopefully will never be.

There was so many things wrong with the case. The police didn't see a crime and let him go until some people started a very false propaganda that I initially believed and supported to get him arrested. I was bitterly disappointed when the evidence started surfacing. Obama even had a federal team investigate Zimmerman for racial crimes and he was found not guilty. He did not just go and shoot a black kid walking. He shot a black man beating him up. How is he supposed to know if he was 17 or 18. Martin was way taller than him. As for his MMA history, the instructor testified that he was "horrible" and he had told him he only did it to stay fit and hopefully one day learn how to do it. Having some MMA training doesn't mean you cant be beaten in a surprise attack. There was no need to fight at all. If Zimmerman wanted to do James Bond, he wont bother calling 911. He would just trail the kid on his own, but he didn't do that.

You don't have to take my word for it. The internet is your friend. The trial was televised. Long and tedious hours to watch, but fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me.do your own research. His acquittal is beyond right
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ayee Idris:

Shame on you for using the word 'cracker' a racist term and calling someone racial. Shame on you for not even knowing what is on tape and saying everything is recorded. I signed the bloody petition to have Zimmerman arrested, until the evidence came out. I am not blinded by racial sentiments, but evidence. Plain and simple. If someone is beating me up and I have a gun, I will shoot first. As will anyone else. If Zimmerman was black, this won't even be an issue.

He called him "Cracker" and so what? Is that enough for him to take his life? Perhaps, someone should shoot Don Imus for saying "nappy headed hoes and jiggaboos." And kill Gwyneth Paltrow saying "nigga."

2 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by AyeeIdris(f): 12:27pm On Jul 14, 2013
shymexx:

What witnesses? You mean those paid agents of evil. And the 911 tapes only proved that Zimmerman shot the boy for no reason.

Again, O.J never confessed to anything. He just tried to milk the people by saying 'if he did it', he would have done so and so. The LAPD and jurors messed up the damn case - blame them for that, and not O.J.

Zimmerman killed that boy for being black, period!

Do me a huge favour. Honestly, listen to the 911 tapes. And then re- respond
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Lucasbalo(m): 12:30pm On Jul 14, 2013
[quote author=Lucasbalo][/quote] I pray to God one of ur family member meets the same fate as Trayvon ahd will like to see how you will feel. Brainstem.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 14, 2013
P.Stacks:

Atleast Nelson Mandela stood for what he believed in, he paid a grave price, but today, South Africa is better for it.

In what you believe in, Stand Up.

I believe in myself and I'll always stand up for myself. Only someone who's suicidal and wants to be forgotten a few days after their demise will stand up for black folks. Don't be surprised if the person that will end up killing you will probably look like you with the same skin colour - that's the wickedness and heart of black people.

Black people ain't shyte! undecided
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by PStacks(m): 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ayee Idris:

If Zimmerman was Black, Zimmarman wouldn't Shoot the kid. Under whatsoever circumstance. There seem to be that sinister motive the kid is black, so should be another ghettho kid. Consciously or sub-consciously, Zimmarman had that Race bias.

I'l tell u what.. Were it a white kid, he wouldn't have been followed in the first place not to talk'a get shot at.

2 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ayee Idris:

He is the neighbor hood watchman. He has that right to intercept him. When you are stopped by vigilante guarding your estate here in Nigeria, will you not stop?. As for that conversation you stated, don't know why you got it from. No one saw the events preceding the fight. Only Zimmerman's words and If Travyon called him a "cracker", doesn't that make him a racist too?
how am I supposed to know u are the neighborhood watchman? he has no right to intercept him, try to join a neighborhood watch crew , they are supposed to call the police and tell what they see. No I won't except if he tells what he is, something GZ didn't do . tray said on the phone a cracker is following me(this shows that tray was worried and afraid) .GZ followed him , tracked him, hunted him and gunned him down . period

stop kissing your massa's azz .slavery is over

1 Like

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ayee Idris:

Do me a huge favour. Honestly, listen to the 911 tapes. And then re- respond

Done that enough times already and it doesn't prove anything other than the fact that Zimmerman killed that boy for just being black.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 14, 2013
its neighborhood watch not neighborhood police/tribunal/army etc.

a fatwa should b placed on GZ
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 14, 2013
blacks kill other blacks every day (45 in Chicago 4th of July weekend alone) and nobody says a word. But when its a white man killing a black thug and the media is trying to promote racism, all you sheep fall for it. So I guess if a black man would have killed Trayvon it would have been OK?

1 Like

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 14, 2013
I really dont get what most people are on about..

Did GZ kill Trayvon? Yes

Was it proven to be in self-defence? Yes

Is Self-defence a crime? No

Was GZ authorized to watch people in his neighbourhood? Yes

Was Trayvon racially profiled? Maybe...But I'm sure it could have been easily settled if Trayvon had explained himself..Evidence suggests he was the first aggressor. Also bear in mind that there is no right to privacy on a public road.

IMO the racial element is really just a distraction from the reality...the reality that Trayvn was infact a young thug...The reality that trayvon was the aggressor...and the reality that a black man is more likely to be attacked by his fellow black than a white dude

3 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 14, 2013
tensazangetsu: blacks kill other blacks every day (45 in Chicago 4th of July weekend alone) and nobody says a word. But when its a white man killing a black thug and the media is trying to promote racism, all you sheep fall for it. So I guess if a black man would have killed Trayvon it would have been OK?

Did you read my mind?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Sergey Ryabkov: US-NATO Arms Convoys In Ukraine Legitimate Targets / Troops Enter The Gambia To Secure Barrow’s Return / Man Falls Into A River During Peaceful Protest In Cameroon (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.