Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria (19899 Views)

Disturbing Pictures Of Underage Boys Trained By Boko Haram / Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. / Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
Oh wait, so gay marriage is a cataclysmic evil but underage marriage is cool. Riiiiggghhht! Nigerians I hail!

4 Likes

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by ThankGodEdeh(m): 7:32pm On Jul 17, 2013
Tufiakwa. This is child abuse.
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by striker9(m): 7:32pm On Jul 17, 2013
Yerima!,agbaya osh :oi,ashewo,o fe baye awon omo kekere obinrin je abi tongue,your plan no go work. grin
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
50calibre: See the kind of people governing Nigeria.

Nigeria is doomed
Shameless old pervert. This people are there for themselves,theirselves and them only. Of all we need in this country, na underaged girl's pussie these old fools argued on. Of all the bills that when passed could get hundreds of thousands and millions of youth off the streets into an engaging venture. All they use as coverup is religion. What a country!

2 Likes

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 17, 2013
That old man called yerima is a disgrace to nigerian,how can such a man be among the senate? It is so unfortunate
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by jhydebaba(m): 7:37pm On Jul 17, 2013
But late into vote of dozens of clauses, while other Senators intermittently contested matters such as health, single election term and the separation of the offices of the Minister of Justice from the Attorney General, Mr. Yerima questioned why the section dealing with age of a married woman was deleted, describing the move as un-Islamic.

he-goat

2 Likes

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by landinfo: 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2013
I ain't supporting #yerima but dat is his religion.
There are laws and bills supporting marriages of 12yrs old in some states in the US, europe, italy and the vatican city.
The senator used religion to intimidate blackmail and even threatened all the senators including the oppositions...if u are a senator what will u do?
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2013
Yerima I hate saying this ,but I hv to cause u are a he goat. Marrying a 13year old Shame.
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Vonwolf(m): 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2013
Please respect peoples religion for crying out loud,wait before you lash at me...kindly note I'm a christian but I was deeply moved by some scathing comments about islam which is wrong, not all muslim are like that.
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 17, 2013
The religion of little girls

3 Likes

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 17, 2013
A person as to be of matured age [minimum is puberty] before he or she can enter into institution of marriage and not marriage hence of age.

Mr. Yerima, backed by Danjuma Goje, former Gombe State Governor and current Senator, insisted that under Islamic tenet, a woman is of age once married and countering that order as already stated in the constitution would be discriminatory and in violation of another section of the constitution directing the National Assembly to steer away from Islamic marriage.

the way these people is terrible and it is making it hard to have discussion about islam.

And test the orphans [in their abilities] until they reach marriageable age. Then if you perceive in them sound judgement, release their property to them. And do not consume it excessively and quickly, [anticipating] that they will grow up. And whoever, [when acting as guardian], is self-sufficient should refrain [from taking a fee]; and whoever is poor - let him take according to what is acceptable. Then when you release their property to them, bring witnesses upon them. And sufficient is Allah as Accountant.
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by anytexy: 7:46pm On Jul 17, 2013
Sir Lord luggard, ur time is up! That is the only way out. Take it or leave it. It is a FACT. If u understand what i mean.

2 Likes

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by njuwo(m): 7:47pm On Jul 17, 2013
engrjidex: Abeegi, How dis take affect D price of Garri ??
Abi Garrium price don Reduce ni
mods una see dis tin wen i see so?
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by DisGuy: 7:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
[size=15pt]So what were the other senators doing when this was being passed? playing on their phones

how many senators supported this 'act' [/size]
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Kenny4lyfe(m): 7:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
Oh God! I watched it "live" on NTA, Yerima caused a disgusting scene! I have seen even 12-year-olds wedded to 45-year-olds chai! Jamaha, it's high time we questioned some "aberrations" we called "laws" in our religion!

1 Like

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by yuzedo: 7:51pm On Jul 17, 2013
This nigga can't wait to get to Heaven for his own 77 virgins! grin

7 Likes

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by adepojuot: 7:52pm On Jul 17, 2013
The bible says: by there fruit you shall know them. Don't blame yerima but blame prophet Muhammed teachings and his lost for woman,prophet himself married under age,Aisha was just 6yrs when prophet proposes to her,Islamic marriage took place when Aisha was 9 yrs old,the funniest part of it is that prophet was 50 yrs old when he married 9yrs old Aisha....prophet married 13 wives plus many sex slaves....so stop blaming yerima.....

7 Likes

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by 3ace(m): 7:54pm On Jul 17, 2013
flowingstream: dat a gud move
Seems you are watching "the best of Okocha" hence, your comment. I doubt if it is connected to this topic.

1 Like

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by adepojuot: 7:55pm On Jul 17, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
Yerima I hate saying this ,but I hv to cause u are a he goat. Marrying a 13year old Shame.
The bible says: by there fruit you shall know them. Don't blame yerima but blame prophet Muhammed teachings and his lost for woman,prophet himself married under age,Aisha was just 6yrs when prophet proposes to her,Islamic marriage took place when Aisha was 9 yrs old,the funniest part of it is that prophet was 50 yrs old when he married 9yrs old Aisha....prophet married 13 wives plus many sex slaves....so stop blaming yerima.....
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by adepojuot: 7:56pm On Jul 17, 2013
Kenny4lyfe: Oh God! I watched it "live" on NTA, Yerima caused a disgusting scene! I have seen even 12-year-olds wedded to 45-year-olds chai! Jamaha, it's high time we questioned some "aberrations" we called "laws" in our religion!
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by ATMCARD2(m): 7:58pm On Jul 17, 2013
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by adepojuot: 7:59pm On Jul 17, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Emmysteve(m): 7:59pm On Jul 17, 2013
Wellcome to nigeria: A country where 1 is greater than 108, where 16 is greater than 19, and 5 greater than 15. This is the newly invented arithematics by our politicians
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by adepojuot: 8:00pm On Jul 17, 2013
striker9: Yerima!,agbaya osh :oi,ashewo,o fe baye awon omo kekere obinrin je abi tongue,your plan no go work. grin
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Btruth: 8:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
A bi this man wan run mad? Is this what he was elected to come and support from Zamfara state?

It is now that I know that not all the mad people on the road are mad, even some mad man are in the senate house.

Oponu-aiyerada, afofun pemu, were agbalagba!
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by adepojuot: 8:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
maryjames9: Shameless old pervert. This people are there for themselves,theirselves and them only. Of all we need in this country, na underaged girl's pussie these old fools argued on. Of all the bills that when passed could get hundreds of thousands and millions of youth off the streets into an engaging venture. All they use as coverup is religion. What a country!
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by edi287: 8:02pm On Jul 17, 2013
Fucking pervert!!. Cant believe the Senate wasted a second on such a pointless issue.

1 Like

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by ceeethru(m): 8:03pm On Jul 17, 2013
the old fool should support underage marriage in his own family. Shameless cat.
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by 3ace(m): 8:05pm On Jul 17, 2013
adepojuot: The bible says: by there fruit you shall know them. Don't blame yerima but blame prophet Muhammed teachings and his lost for woman,prophet himself married under age,Aisha was just 6yrs when prophet proposes to her,Islamic marriage took place when Aisha was 9 yrs old,the funniest part of it is that prophet was 50 yrs old when he married 9yrs old Aisha....prophet married 13 wives plus many sex slaves....so stop blaming yerima.....
Bros, how many times do you want to post this? Abeg, stop wasting our space joor.

2 Likes

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by engrjamiu(m): 8:05pm On Jul 17, 2013
What are the ladies in the house such as senator Tinubu looking before the bill is passed?
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Btruth: 8:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
adepojuot: The bible says: by there fruit you shall know them. Don't blame yerima but blame prophet Muhammed teachings and his lost for woman,prophet himself married under age,Aisha was just 6yrs when prophet proposes to her,Islamic marriage took place when Aisha was 9 yrs old,the funniest part of it is that prophet was 50 yrs old when he married 9yrs old Aisha....prophet married 13 wives plus many sex slaves....so stop blaming yerima.....

..........really?.........interesting! No wonder, when we are thinking right, they are always thinking of left. If not, what will prompt someone to commit a suicide thinking that 103 virgins are waiting for him in heaven. Absurd indeed.
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Elomn: 8:07pm On Jul 17, 2013
GEJ is responsible for dis. Smh
are u well at all?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arewa Youths Back PDP Claim On Buhari’s Health- Leadership / APC Delegation Led By Ngige & Andy Uba Visit Obiano Over The Death Of His Mother / Atiku Can't Be Underrated, Spreading Like Hurricane - Momodu Shares Pics, Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.