Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims (28517 Views)

Disturbing Pictures Of Underage Boys Trained By Boko Haram / Names Of 35 Nigerian Senators Who Voted For Underage Marriage Bill / Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Maxymilliano(m): 10:42am On Jul 19, 2013

Alh. Asari Dokubo in Muslim garb

A prominent Niger Delta Muslim, Alhaji Mujahid Abubakr Dokubo-Asari, has lashed out at critics of the moves by Nigeria’s Senate to approve under-age marriage.

Expressing his opinion on the issue this morning, Dokubo, who converted to Islam as an adult, insisted that it is the right of Muslims to marry or give out their daughters at any age they wish, adding that this is not the business of non-Muslims.

Said the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force (NDPVF) leader through Facebook:
“People should learn to respect other people’s sensibilities… We Muslims have the right to marry when we want or give out our daughters at any age we want. It is not your business and the law must respect our right to do so.

Anything short of that is an infringement on our rights. We did not ask you to marry ladies of that age or give your daughters out in marriage at that age. Plzzzzzzzz respect our sensibilities.”

News Express reports that the Nigerian Senate has come under fire from outraged Nigerians and the international community after being convinced by Senator Ahmad Yarima to drop a constitutional amendment outlawing marriage to girls under 18. The former Zamfara State governor who once came under fire for marrying a girl believed to be aged 13 had argued that Islam recognises under-age marriage.

Issues pertaining to religion usually evoke strong reactions in Nigeria, a deeply religious nation that has Christianity and Islam as the dominant faiths.

Source:News Express

http://www.osundefender.org/%3Fp%3D111743

6 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by kkkp: 10:44am On Jul 19, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 19, 2013
...and this is the dude some deluded dolts were praising to the heaven not long ago on this forum.

Asari is a confused adult...torn between a religion he converted into as an adult and the belief-system of the environment that he spent his formative years.

Woe betides anyone that takes this guy serious.

53 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by bolaji73(m): 10:55am On Jul 19, 2013
In as mch dat i dont like underage marriage,shudnt mean others must also share my view..i think d constitution shud put some clauses on laws relating to religious issues..

3 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by homesteady(m): 11:00am On Jul 19, 2013
I never knew there was a law stopping under-18 girls from getting married!! Because I see it happening everyday!! Old men getting married to very young girls!! A girl that is just 15 years is already having 2-3 children!!
It is a Northern thing!! Many of them are uneducated!! Because I don't see an educated girl getting married at 15-16 years!!

14 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:03am On Jul 19, 2013
The ones whom our eastern brothers alwys worship are some controversial beingsgrin

Ojukwu flee...he is our hero

Alams is Jonathan's mentor

Dokunbo is their savior

Like, are those people sane at all?

14 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Aizebioje(m): 11:09am On Jul 19, 2013
And these are the people we have as leaders? Those who put Religion and personal pleasure b4 the good of the people. And we wonder why we are where we are today!

4 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by homesteady(m): 11:11am On Jul 19, 2013
SLIDE waxie: The ones whom our eastern brothers alwys worship are some controversial beingsgrin

Ojukwu flee...he is our hero

Alams is Jonathan's mentor

Dokunbo is their savior

Like,are those people sane at all?

We should start by asking if you are sane!!

35 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 19, 2013
well who cares? Thank God am not a muslim. To hell with whatever they believe in. As long as it does not affect christians,no problem.

26 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Chanchit: 11:39am On Jul 19, 2013
Eleri'bu oloko dogidogi.
I'm even happy he has converted already, cos he would have been a disgrace to christianity.

Abeg o, make my comment no miss o. It must not be hidden o..!

25 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by princesammmy: 11:44am On Jul 19, 2013
I dnt blame them
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Ifetex(m): 11:50am On Jul 19, 2013
So this man is a muslim! No wonder he's leader of a terrorists group(MEND)

5 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Ifetex(m): 11:59am On Jul 19, 2013
Maxymilliano:
Alh. Asari Dokubo in Muslim garb

A prominent Niger Delta Muslim, Alhaji Mujahid Abubakr Dokubo-Asari, has lashed out at critics of the moves by Nigeria’s Senate to approve under-age marriage.

Expressing his opinion on the issue this morning, Dokubo, who converted to Islam as an adult, insisted that it is the right of Muslims to marry or give out their daughters at any age they wish, adding that this is not the business of non-Muslims.

Said the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force (NDPVF) leader through Facebook:
“People should learn to respect other people’s sensibilities… We Muslims have the right to marry when we want or give out our daughters at any age we want. It is not your business and the law must respect our right to do so.

Anything short of that is an infringement on our rights. We did not ask you to marry ladies of that age or give your daughters out in marriage at that age. Plzzzzzzzz respect our sensibilities.”

News Express reports that the Nigerian Senate has come under fire from outraged Nigerians and the international community after being convinced by Senator Ahmad Yarima to drop a constitutional amendment outlawing marriage to girls under 18. The former Zamfara State governor who once came under fire for marrying a girl believed to be aged 13 had argued that Islam recognises under-age marriage.

Issues pertaining to religion usually evoke strong reactions in Nigeria, a deeply religious nation that has Christianity and Islam as the dominant faiths.

Source:News Express

http://www.osundefender.org/%3Fp%3D111743
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by adino(m): 12:43pm On Jul 19, 2013
berem: well who cares? Thank God am not a muslim. To hell with whatever they believe in. As long as it does not affect christians,no problem.

How I wish you were a muslim, you would have since been married off, saving us all of the bad attitudes you display here.

24 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
Una don hear am?
Religion of small small girls

7 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
adino:

How I wish you were a muslim, you would have since been married off, saving us all of the bad attitudes you display here.

I can bet you as a smart teenager she would have used a sharp knife to cut off the Blokoss of that perv .
Na look he go dey look im 72 virgins for yonder since the apparatus no dey again

28 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 19, 2013
adino:

U confused now it's bitter to know the truth

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Ifetex(m): 1:02pm On Jul 19, 2013
babyosisi: Una don hear am?
maybe the man don dey eye one 6 or 9yr-old girl

3 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Scarpon(m): 1:53pm On Jul 19, 2013
its our tradition not a law the northern part of Nigeria the qwari people get married as from age of 12 and upwards. my mum was married at the age of 16 granny at the age of 15 its our tradition we should not allow the western life take it out from us

3 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by ebamma3: 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2013
see that mumu tout, now getting free publicity, na gej cause all dis nansense

2 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
Ok All these men with anacondas in between
their legs are so bad...
They see females as sex slaves and
objects.

They want to destroy their
urinary tracts? For God sakes, these girls I'm not sure can withstand their long, huge, monstrous cocks ...

Nawao...

11 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Aphrygian(m): 2:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
Guys is d bbc subscription on adroid platform stil working.i subscribed these morning and to my amazement still nt active o.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by BlackPeni5: 2:07pm On Jul 19, 2013
Scarpon: its our tradition not a law the northern part of Nigeria the qwari people get married as from age of 12 and upwards. my mum was married at the age of 16 granny at the age of 15 its our tradition we should not allow the western life take it out from us

While you're at it, also remove your clothes and wear whatever it is your ancestors were wearing. Also stop schooling and return to the farm since these are also western imports.

87 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by oubi: 2:09pm On Jul 19, 2013
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by taharqa2: 2:10pm On Jul 19, 2013
adino:

She is already a married 'woman'. And that has not had any effect on her yet..maybe, when she starts having grandchilden sha
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2013
babyosisi:

I can bet you as a smart teenager she would have used a sharp knife to cut off the Blokoss of that perv .
Na look he go dey look im 72 virgins for yonder since the apparatus no dey again
hehehe , you just spoke my mind! grin
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by psky: 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2013
Scarpon: its our tradition not a law the northern part of Nigeria the qwari people get married as from age of 12 and upwards. my mum was married at the age of 16 granny at the age of 15 its our tradition we should not allow the western life take it out from us

Only if there were dislike buttons. angry angry

7 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by moscobabs(m): 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2013
sebi d man is part of Ibo? wat do u expect? is not a bastard.folow folow people...lol

2 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Lilimax(f): 2:12pm On Jul 19, 2013
babyosisi: Una don hear am?
...better put that of Peadophiles shocked grin grin??

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Sijo01(f): 2:12pm On Jul 19, 2013
Maxymilliano:
We Muslims have the right to marry when we want or give out our daughters at any age we want.

Smh!
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 19, 2013
If our Government is responsible enough to pass this law, 'cos, it is their right. Then, they should be responsible enough to Pass Gay Law (Same Sex Marriage) 'cos it is some people's right to life too.

18 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 19, 2013

[size=20pt]Boko haram[/size]

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid / Money From The North Used In Developing Western, Eastern Regions- Ango Abdullahi / Jubilation, Cheers As Philanthropist, Ikwechegh Arrives Kalu’s Dad Memorial(Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.