Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria (19896 Views)

Disturbing Pictures Of Underage Boys Trained By Boko Haram / Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. / Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Dogzimalon: 8:08pm On Jul 17, 2013
Guys dont mind them if they like they can marry 5 year old and all tge other fools there agreed with him chai now i know that we have dafts there
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 17, 2013
@by adepojuot: 7:52pm
The bible says: by there fruit you shall know them. Don't blame yerima but blame prophet Muhammed teachings and his lost for woman,prophet himself married under age,Aisha was just 6yrs when prophet proposes to her,Islamic marriage took place when Aisha was 9 yrs old,the funniest part of it is that prophet was 50 yrs old when he married 9yrs old Aisha....prophet married 13 wives plus many sex slaves....so stop blaming yerima.....

this is pure ignorance coming from your post about the prophet [sa] and the age of our mother Aisha [ra]. you can stay with your bible and see where it gets you before your Creator. but making statement that is easily refutable about the holy prophet [sa] is despicable.

1 Like

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Abbott(m): 8:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
The Zealous Paeodipile Leaders of Nigeria
There are very dire repercussions when you intentionally overreach that which is out of your boundary.

What would make a man defend and advocate, zealously, marriage to underage girls? The immoral and abjectly-lacking-in-self-control advocacy at the Senate House for that matter and not in the withering saharan era of primitiveness and rusty, decomposed centuries gone by?

If these "leaders" are the leading men of this nation, I can assuredly say that we are not just still writhing at the starting point rather, we are fast becoming a relic of what was once but may soon be no more.

"A man lacking in self-control is like a city without walls"

1 Like

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Rycedee(m): 8:15pm On Jul 17, 2013
Why on earth will this man advocate such ill thing? Come Yerima,what good will it make marrying a 9 or 12yr old,who barely dnt knw hw to wear a sanitry pad?.marraige is the most sweetest and complex institution dat need a matured brain to grind through.
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by omenka(m): 8:17pm On Jul 17, 2013
The infanticide is at it again! angry
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
Religion of shameless paedophiles. How can a baby be considered a woman when she's married? This is so sick.

1 Like

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Olufonade: 8:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
How old was Virgin Marry when she gave birth to Jesus Christ?

a)14
b)18
c)23
d)28

Ans: 14

source: Encyclopedia of catholic church

KNOWLEDGE IS LIGHT WHILE IGNORANCE IS DARKNESS.

Constructed criticism would have been better if not religious
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Anvaller: 8:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
Vonwolf: Please respect peoples religion for crying out loud,wait before you lash at me...kindly note I'm a christian but I was deeply moved by some scathing comments about islam which is wrong, not all muslim are like that.

The point is that guys like Yerima are grossly misrepresenting Islam. A case of marrying a girl that young are exceptions that may develop as a result of an unusual scenario where it is not necessarily expected of the man to immediately engage in sexual cohabitation at that point in time. So its not expected to be a norm in Islam but that is Yerima's sole ambition in the midst of several other more important problems facing his Zamfara folks.

A woman reaching puberty does not automatically ensure her readiness to bear children due to the apparent rudimentary state of her reproductive organs which may likely lead to complications in the eventuality of pregnancy at that state. What about psychological unpreparedness of the young woman involved? Islam does not encourage marriage without absolute consent of the man and the woman and then their parents.

Even in animal reproduction, it is biologically advisable to allow mating after completing 1, 2 or 3 rounds of oestrus cycle. The problem is that guys like Yerima are just plain stupid and are using Islam as an excuse to explore their stupidity. Guys like this are committed to blatantly defacing Islam and he should not be entertained. But unfortunately, how many muslims are for or against this dude? well we do not know. Cos most of them are not even sure of which side they should be because they are not sufficiently informed enough to have an opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 17, 2013
Agbaya!!! Eranko!!! Alai ni 'tiju!!!
All these shameless adults, greedy people, wicked souls, are always using islam as an excuse to kill people, abuse children, oppress women, avoid development because of selfishness and to promote exploitation (by opposing education)...
I don't want to even get to the "70 virgins" syndrome.
Bt God is watching all of you hypocrites.
*spits*

2 Likes

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Franklin20: 8:32pm On Jul 17, 2013
Nigeria is all about self favoured constitution. We stil hv a lng way to go as a nation.
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by mariong(m): 8:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
The paedophile is even making efforts to ensure his act is sanctioned. Pathetic.
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 17, 2013
yuzedo: This nigga can't wait to get to Heaven for his own 77 virgins! grin

What is the exact number of virgins they are allocated
I have read 62
The popular opinion has it at 72
Now u say 77
YOu folks should stop confusing the future martyrs
How many shall they get so they will know exactly what to expect

3 Likes

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Wittywizard(m): 8:37pm On Jul 17, 2013
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Mustay(m): 8:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
A lot use the term paedophile incorrectly. It's "a person who is sexually attracted to prepubescent children."

It's interesting to see the age of consent and age of marriage in some countries.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriageable_age

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/10089339/Spain-to-raise-age-of-consent-from-13-to-16.html

This article throws some interesting comments over the years too:

http://nitawriter./2006/11/21/age-of-consent/

Some wonder, why do teenagers have sex and it ain't a crime but there are issues with Yerima's objection. I think they fear this:

http://www.onislam.net/english/news/middle-east/416109.html#prev2

But there's also this:
http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-the-scholar/family/marriage/451654-how-islam-views-early-marriages.html

Well, before we jump the gun. Islam surely supports not rape or having carnal knowledge of children but so we join not the ignorant bandwagon, this work puts things in perspectice for Nigeria as yesterday's debate is concerned:

http://www.iwei-ng.org/iweingo2009/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/The_Compatibility_of_the_Child_Rights_Act_with_Islamic_Legal_Principles-by-Maryam-Uwais.doc

Am listening to media guys falling for a rush and there's this bandwagon effect. Yes, I do understand the fears of some and they're quite valid but some seem to be paranoid in their lil knowledge.

David Mark was smart yesterday, "let's consult the scholars". We all need education, the 'participants' and the 'fearfully' concerned. Sefini
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 17, 2013
Mustay:

A lot use the term paedophile incorrectly. It's "a person who is sexually attracted to prepubescent children."

It's interesting to see the age of consent and age of marriage in some countries.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriageable_age

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/10089339/Spain-to-raise-age-of-consent-from-13-to-16.html

This article throws some interesting comments over the years too:

http://nitawriter./2006/11/21/age-of-consent/

Some wonder, why do teenagers have sex and it ain't a crime but there are issues with Yerima's objection. I think they fear this:

http://www.onislam.net/english/news/middle-east/416109.html#prev2

But there's also this:
http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-the-scholar/family/marriage/451654-how-islam-views-early-marriages.html

Well, before we jump the gun. Islam surely supports not rape or having carnal knowledge of children but so we join not the ignorant bandwagon, this work puts things in perspectice for Nigeria as yesterday's debate is concerned:

http://www.iwei-ng.org/iweingo2009/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/The_Compatibility_of_the_Child_Rights_Act_with_Islamic_Legal_Principles-by-Maryam-Uwais.doc

Am listening to media guys falling for a rush and there's this bandwagon effect. Yes, I do understand the fears of some and they're quite valid but some seem to be paranoid in their lil knowledge.

David Mark was smart yesterday, "let's consult the scholars". We all need education, the 'participants' and the 'fearfully' concerned. Sefini

I knew pretty soon that a pious one would come out to defend the marriage of a 50 yr old to a 13 year old
Clap for yourself
You are really doing the work of a good Muslim
Allah is well pleased
Sick

5 Likes

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by skak(m): 8:52pm On Jul 17, 2013
I guess Molesting teenagers by priests and gay cardinals should also be allow in Nigeria....abi? Isn't what you want??
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by successking: 8:52pm On Jul 17, 2013
The present National Assembly is interested in its allowances, and so cannot do anything meaningful. As clear as it is, it cannot see the need to grant autonomy to LGAs meant for grassroot developments. It cannot see that SGs have concentrated the meagre infrastructural developments on certain urbanised areas at the expense of rural areas that own the funds. It cannot see that the SGs are finding it difficult to equitably manage developmental projects due to centralisation. They will not escape revolution since they are representing themselves instead of the electorates.

1 Like

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by longjon: 8:53pm On Jul 17, 2013
Olufon-ade:
How old was Virgin Marry when she gave birth to Jesus Christ?

a)14
b)18
c)23
d)28

Ans: 14

source: Encyclopedia of catholic church

KNOWLEDGE IS LIGHT WHILE IGNORANCE IS DARKNESS.

Constructed criticism would have been better if not religious

RUBBISH.

2 Likes

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by theripper3: 8:53pm On Jul 17, 2013
U can't blame him, the custodian of his faith actually consummated a 9yr old and it was stated vividly that he had the strength of 10 bulls. He is just being an obedient slave. His god must be pleased with him speaking out amidst strong opposition from the "infidels".

4 Likes

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
Rubbish! This old man is really finding his way to implement this his so called sharia In NG.but it won't work for him.
Just because my friend look a female and he was arrested during his tenure.
I hate that man and his tenure.
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Chinexng(m): 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
yerima is a goat
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Mustay(m): 9:03pm On Jul 17, 2013
babyosisi:

I knew pretty soon

So, you were so fast to read all of those kiakia

"In the arguments of the ignorant , neither side tries to evaluate the others' ideas or find a correct solution. Beating the other is the one and only aim."

In NL, I avoid religious arguments due to jaundices. It's evident you're in a quick rush to do a "us vs them" unreasonable keyboard tit. You took time not to follow my analogy but very quick to pull a 'Sabina'.

I sabi you from those days. Am not in for arguments, if you took time to read, you'd know my position on this issue but in the usual manner where people tend to read headlines, not content, mo sorry ganan, ejo lo fe ro.
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Chinexng(m): 9:04pm On Jul 17, 2013
SimonAndal: Oh wait, so gay marriage is a cataclysmic evil but underage marriage is cool. Riiiiggghhht! Nigerians I hail!

mr gay,u ar fighting for ur own right abi?both gay marriage n under age marriage are all devilish activity.
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 17, 2013
@the rippers; ignorance is what is 'making you'.

Aisha [ra] in every respect is a whole lot older than 9!

a whole lot i said and you can wager your faith on it.

what yerima is doing is another story. and the best in me is borne of example of the holy prophet [sa].
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by ATMCARD2(m): 9:09pm On Jul 17, 2013
babyosisi:

What is the exact number of virgins they are allocated
I have read 62
The popular opinion has it at 72
Now u say 77
YOu folks should stop confusing the future martyrs
How many shall they get so they will know exactly what to expect

.LWKMD.
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
Yerima is a paedophile..

In short when did he become acting like prophet mohamed?
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by cannonnier(m): 9:12pm On Jul 17, 2013
IGBO-SON:
I really don't know how that dirty old man can caste his wandering, lascivious beady eyes over a 13 year old child and be drooling with se/xual anticipation!?

He's disgusting, and he makes me want to puke just looking at him make a case for child-sex, backed by what he reckons are the teachings of islam!
please try to have knowledge of what you are critisizing.*
In islam marriage is not a sex contract, it's all about maturity. And maturity is not ranging from 18+. It is the ability to know what is good and bad.
Mr. Senetor is on point for his religion.

2 Likes

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 17, 2013
Mustay:

So, you were so fast to read all of those kiakia

"In the arguments of the ignorant , neither side tries to evaluate the others' ideas or find a correct solution. Beating the other is the one and only aim."

In NL, I avoid religious arguments due to jaundices. It's evident you're in a quick rush to do a "us vs them" unreasonable keyboard tit. You took time not to follow my analogy but very quick to pull a 'Sabina'.

I sabi you from those days. Am not in for arguments, if you took time to read, you'd know my position on this issue but in the usual manner where people tend to read headlines, not content, mo sorry ganan, ejo lo fe ro.

Address the topic my friend and quit beating about the bush
Should a 13 or 9 year old girl have any business on the bed with a 50 yr. old man
That is the question,not all the bull you pulled out there
If your religion says it is OK then your religion is sick
As simple as that
You are just as sick as yerima if this blatant child sex.ual abuse and exploitation is excusable to you in 2013
Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Mustay(m): 9:20pm On Jul 17, 2013
babyosisi:

Address the topic

Read my initial post please and save the dawdling.

Remembering you seem to be in a hurry, my position is in the last two links if you care to know undecided
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
Lest we forget,the marriage would have been illegal in Egypt the girl's homeland but in the Nigerian version of sharia it is aye okay
Is their Allah different from the one in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by AtbuAbdul(m): 9:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
I pity most of u commenting on dis issue -it's either u r mostly blind n cant see beyond ur noses or u cant reason well. U r against d legal marriage 2 a girl of 13 buh u wud nt condem ppl who get a 13 or even 9, 10 yr old girl pregnant illegally. if a 9 yr old can b impregnated witout ol dis gibbarishh u guys r spewwin, wat crimes is it den dat such b rada made legal, which is in tandem wit d religion. no 1 is forcin any1 here 2 go in2 such marriage if u r nt in good terms wit it- jst keep marryin ur old, outdated women!! who cares!!
Re: Yerima Persuades Senate To Support Underage Marriage In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
Yet it is this same Yerima that GEJ is alleged to have struck a cord with about delivering Northern Muslims' votes for him in 2015

Need I say it is this very man that toyed with the idea of a sharia-centric government earlier in this republic?

Pro-GEJers won't see d evil in dia principal eating from d same plate with this man for the purpose of retaining power by hook or crook

I rest my case

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gov Primary: APC Factions In War Of Words / Eunice Atuejide Suspended By Party, NIP / Adamu Garba Meets With Senator Abaribe (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.