Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,302 members, 7,850,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:50 PM

Must He Propose On His Knees And Publicly Too? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must He Propose On His Knees And Publicly Too? (1118 Views)

Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? / Ooni Of Ife's Son Proposes To Girlfriend On His Knees. [photos] / He propose with a car after my Refusal To Accept A Friend Car Gift[Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must He Propose On His Knees And Publicly Too? by ganase2: 3:31pm On Jul 18, 2013
Okay...so, my friend asked me yesterday if he'd really have to go down on his knees to propose. I was surprised. Asked him if he had issues with it, maybe he was shy...but he said "no o" . He was only wondering if proposals have to be on the knees and publicly too.

So, I chose to throw out the question to you. Guys would you rather not do it on your knees, and why? Of course, there are several other ways to propose but isn't the 'kneeling down" thingie just sooo romantic? The ladies will have to contribute too. "Why wouldn't he want to kneel down?" And do you prefer it to be in public as well, amidst friends and family?

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/07/proposing-on-the-knees.html#more

Re: Must He Propose On His Knees And Publicly Too? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2013
Oyinbo mentality. Nothing wrong there but I don’t see the compulsion. I’m married and I didn’t kneel down. The proposal was spontaneous and that made it more enriching for me. It came from the heart. It wasn’t embellished or rehearsed.
Re: Must He Propose On His Knees And Publicly Too? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2013
on your knees makes it more "whatever" and i can understand that some women would want that........ BUT IN PUBLIC!? i dont think so. let it be done, wherever it is better for you to propose.
Re: Must He Propose On His Knees And Publicly Too? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 18, 2013
why should i ever go down on my knees to ask a girl to marry me? it's not in my tradition ooo!! in fact, i go jst call am 4 phone.. ask her do you you wana marry me? talk now or remain silent for the rest of your life.. if she says YES!! i will tell her to go to my house and pick the engagement ring inside one of my shoe.. shekena

1 Like

Re: Must He Propose On His Knees And Publicly Too? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2013
I sat at a table when I proposed.
Re: Must He Propose On His Knees And Publicly Too? by Nobody: 2:44am On Jul 19, 2013
Public? No... Knees? No... But it must be a formal question and sincere... grin
Re: Must He Propose On His Knees And Publicly Too? by Mynd44: 2:52am On Jul 19, 2013
You should not live according to the rules of someone else. You should propose the way you feel as long as there is sincerity

1 Like

Re: Must He Propose On His Knees And Publicly Too? by bknight: 10:26am On Jul 19, 2013
More gentlemen need to be slapped! undecided
Re: Must He Propose On His Knees And Publicly Too? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2013
It's a one-time thing and it shows just how much you honour the woman you love. Any man who says he cannot kneel down to propose to a woman is prideful. Does it have to be public? NO, it doesn't have to be.
Re: Must He Propose On His Knees And Publicly Too? by DExplorer1: 4:59pm On Jul 19, 2013
bennyraz: why should i ever go down on my knees to ask a girl to marry me? it's not in my tradition ooo!! in fact, i go jst call am 4 phone.. ask her do you you wana marry me? talk now or remain silent for the rest of your life.. if she says YES!! i will tell her to go to my house and pick the engagement ring inside one of my shoe.. shekena
Another reason why NL is fun, we got crazy people all over cheesy
Re: Must He Propose On His Knees And Publicly Too? by 50calibre(m): 9:05pm On Jul 19, 2013
This is what too much Hollywood movies does to people, it gives them distorted views of life.

I cannot, I will never kneel down to propose to a woman even in the most private of places, talk much of public. It's unman-like and most of all unafrican-like.

When proposing to a woman, it's good to give her ample room to say NO and not putting her on the spot.
Re: Must He Propose On His Knees And Publicly Too? by Agybabe(f): 10:54pm On Jul 19, 2013
It's not compulsory nor necessary but it's sure romantic. Her day is made kinda.
Re: Must He Propose On His Knees And Publicly Too? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 19, 2013
These folks saying "it's not in my tradition" will later marry that same woman in a church wearing a tuxedo lol.
Re: Must He Propose On His Knees And Publicly Too? by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 20, 2013
On his knees: YES PLEASE!
Publicly: NO!

1 Like

Re: Must He Propose On His Knees And Publicly Too? by oyinbogirl(f): 10:12am On Jul 20, 2013
Mynd_44: You should not live according to the rules of someone else. You should propose the way you feel as long as there is sincerity

sensible answer

(1) (Reply)

I've I Been Too Unlucky With Luv / What Can Heal Up A Broken Heart??? / 12 Stupid Things Girls Do In The Name Of "Love"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.