Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,205 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Automatic Gearbox Problems - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Automatic Gearbox Problems (188819 Views)

Are You An Automatic Gearbox Wrecker? / Automatic Gearbox Issues. Find help here / Can I Replace Manual Gearbox Wt Automatic Gearbox On Benz 230E? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by Agent008(m): 8:04am On Sep 19, 2014
Hi Car Doctor,

I own a 2004 Honda Accord i-Vtec engine and it currently developed transmission issues. I cannot reach 80Km/H with the car. Where can I get a genuine replacement gear box and for how much?
And who can perfectly install it for me?
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by eluquenson(m): 8:19am On Sep 19, 2014
Hello doc,
i have a 1999 Toyota Camry, i bought ATF T-IV which i just out in the vehicle & gauged two weeks ago, yesterday i called my mechanic to inspect the vehicle for service. He called that the gear oil is having a burnt smell that i need to change the gear oil again.
I was surprised to hear such news as i don't expect that to happen after two weeks of change.

Pls, what can i do about this, should i change the oil again or what could have been the problem?
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by idNG: 5:23am On Sep 20, 2014
Hi Doc,
Am thinking of buying an Odyssey 2001 with gear box issue at almost give away price. Am quite skeptical because I know gear problems are like a recurring decimal with this brand of cars. The cost is quite tempting though.
Please do you think a good mechanic and proper maintenance can make me enjoy this car? Because from what i read online, its more like a manufacturing defect with the car.
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by chosen124: 4:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
fyneboi79: will get it for ‎u.

still waiting
thanks
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by fyneboi79(m): 6:42pm On Sep 21, 2014
chosen124:

still waiting
thanks
will let ‎u have it first tin tomorrow morning on my way out when I stop by his workshop.
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by fyneboi79(m): 10:42am On Sep 22, 2014
chosen124:

still waiting
thanks
07064175904 ,his name is collins.
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by chosen124: 1:49pm On Sep 22, 2014
fyneboi79: 07064175904 ,his name is collins.
thanks
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by aghaibiam(f): 4:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
Pls what is the best transmission fluid for a Mazda 626 saloon car 2002 model.I use Mobil currently.thanks.
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by Macmilla(m): 2:42am On Sep 27, 2014
The car doctor is dead.
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by USAutoBuy(m): 12:23pm On Sep 27, 2014
Macmilla: The car doctor is dead.

People can get busy sometimes. Its tough responding to all email everytime
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by sexyoge: 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
I bought a 2009 nissan versa in june and its having 3 or 4 problems raised my the car doctor concerning gearbox, could someone help me out? Tnx
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by Issyman(m): 2:03am On Nov 04, 2014
Car doctor, it's been a long time. Pls, I want to know the right time (mileage) to change the ATF for my car (toyota. Camry 2002/03). Mileage of the car is 189k. I have drove the car for a total of 11k miles in a period of 12 months. I am not to sure of the type of ATF my mechanic used when I bought d car last year. Also, where can I get the type 4 atf in abuja. Thanks
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by fidelio2002: 7:04am On Nov 04, 2014
Issyman:
Car doctor, it's been a long time. Pls, I want to know the right time (mileage) to change the ATF for my car (toyota. Camry 2002/03). Mileage of the car is 189k. I have drove the car for a total of 11k miles in a period of 12 months. I am not to sure of the type of ATF my mechanic used when I bought d car last year. Also, where can I get the type 4 atf in abuja. Thanks

I bought mine at Kugbo for #6500 for d 4 litre can dont let anybody cheat u.
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by Issyman(m): 7:33am On Nov 04, 2014
fidelio2002:

I bought mine at Kugbo for #6500 for d 4 litre can dont let anybody cheat u.

Thanks
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by feekman(m): 9:48am On Nov 06, 2014
What type of gear oil can I use for mercedes A160 .
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by tkaymuo(m): 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2014
walexpal:
I just had my gearbox change, i noticed the ATF fluid used by the Mechanic is Seahorse ATF fluid, Dextron III. Please is this Oil appropriate. The car is still working fine. Can I change the oil to ATF-Z1 after a while? The model is Toyota camry 1998/1999 model. Thank you.
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by Ngutor(m): 4:38am On Nov 28, 2014
Good day guys. Please can one tell me where to get the original Honda DW1 ATF in Abuja. Please
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by Export1: 9:12am On Nov 28, 2014
Hello guys!

It might be useful!

Most Common Transmission Problems:

Lack of Response
Whining, Clunking and Humming
Leaking/Low Fluid
Grinding or Shaking
Burning Smell
Refuses to Go Into Gear
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by caldan: 1:49am On Dec 10, 2014
am very happy to have stumbled on a forum/ thread like this after all what I have been experiencing .
My car is
Passat b4 1994/96
Auto
4 cylinder
The problem started with my car being reluctant to move on reverse gear except I rave it and it eventually stop moving on reverse gear all front drive were perfect. I therefore changed the gear box.
The new gear moves perfectly on reverse and drive but i later started experiencing car sliping back to gear 3 from 4 and it wont return back to 4.
We scan and it shows code 00652 we would wipe it would come back, check oil-atf level its OK.
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by DECOtech(m): 11:08am On Dec 13, 2014
caldan:
am very happy to have stumbled on a forum/ thread like this after all what I have been experiencing .
My car is
Passat b4 1994/96
Auto
4 cylinder
The problem started with my car being reluctant to move on reverse gear except I rave it and it eventually stop moving on reverse gear all front drive were perfect. I therefore changed the gear box.
The new gear moves perfectly on reverse and drive but i later started experiencing car sliping back to gear 3 from 4 and it wont return back to 4.
We scan and it shows code 00652 we would wipe it would come back, check oil-atf level its OK.

The problem was from the valve body. Proper valve body service wld have solved your problem.

To prevent such occurrence in the future, find and use ATF-U.

1 Like

Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by DECOtech(m): 11:16am On Dec 13, 2014
sexyoge:
I bought a 2009 nissan versa in june and its having 3 or 4 problems raised my the car doctor concerning gearbox, could someone help me out? Tnx

How's your tranny behaving?
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by DECOtech(m): 11:20am On Dec 13, 2014
Agent008:
Hi Car Doctor,

I own a 2004 Honda Accord i-Vtec engine and it currently developed transmission issues. I cannot reach 80Km/H with the car. Where can I get a genuine replacement gear box and for how much?
And who can perfectly install it for me?

That's not enough reason to conclude on discarding your current transaxsle.

completely drain your ATF oil and change your oil filter first.
Valve body could also need servicing.
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by DECOtech(m): 12:15am On Dec 14, 2014
BossTycoon:

I think my honda accord 2002 is also having the same problem . Pls if u've found solution Holla me. My mechanic said its the inner cup dat or the bearing but I don't know which to believe again. I've changed ATFs and engingin sittings. But the thing is tiring.
check ur gearbox mounts.
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by mophic123: 10:00am On Dec 31, 2014
Hello sir, can u pls help , my quest 02 model park at 2 and drive at 1.it drives well and climb any high hill easily but i noticed when am on the highway the gear does not select and any attempt to press the throttle to make it select leads to overheat,Whats is happening pls its urgent/
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by eurogee: 7:26am On Jan 02, 2015
Dear Expert,
Pls i need your input urgently. I bought a golf 2 car in 2011 and it's been giving shaft problems ever since. There is no week that passes without me changing either inner shaft or outer shaft. I'm really troubled by this becos i believe this is a vehicle that is popularly used for commercial purposes as taxi and cab. And it cant be this popular as a commercial vehicle If it's known with this faults. Pls what could have been responsible for this?
Urgently awaiting ur reply. Happy new year
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by MIB1(m): 7:58pm On Jan 02, 2015
Car doctor please I need the recommended atf for Nissan maxima 2005
If possible what will it cost me for u to get it to delta state for me.. Thanks
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by asmabel: 10:59am On Feb 11, 2015
Please i need help!!!! I am so desperate. I have a VW Jetta 2006 TDI (diesel). Since i got it, its been one issue after another. Now the gear is refusing to shift. The [P R N D S] on the dashboard keeps flashing and it wont shift. If i turn off the car and put it back on, it drives ok. I noticed its A DSG as well. Please does anyone know a mechanic that deals with VW. Going to VW would cost me an arm and leg. Do not have that kind of money. Advice please. Has anyone experienced such issues.

Thank You
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by niggaman(m): 12:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
Genuine Honda auto trans. fluid ATF DW-1 available for sale. Just 4pecies of 1litre available at 3k each. https://www.nairaland.com/2114483/original-honda-auto-trans-fluid
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by creamierover: 9:43am On Apr 30, 2015
Morning Car Doc. And everyone.. Pls my Honda accord 199smthn automatic has a problem of transmission, changing from. P to D.. Could it be the ATF z1 u mentioned or this gear stick head dat is worn out? Thanks for ur support. More power to ur elbow

Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by OsheakuEdiawe: 9:18am On May 01, 2015
hi doc...pls i need ur help...i had my auto gear just fixed because it wont reverse, so it working fine now bt the problem is that sometimes,d gear wont change...i want to change the oil now because d oil used after overhaul and repairs wad holt oil...d car is honda 93 dx
Re: Automatic Gearbox Problems by ACM10: 4:08pm On May 09, 2015
Dear Car doctor,
My mechanic recommended change of automatic transmission fluid(ATF) for my car(Toyota Avalon 2000 model). This is as a result of occasional hesitation in gear change that occurs while driving. Which ATFs do you recommend for my car? Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply)

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread / Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.