Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,752 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Woman Jailed For Getting Raped - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Jailed For Getting Raped (4711 Views)

14 Year Old Boy Jailed For Killing Step Mother's Chicken / Tips For Getting Through A Partner Who Doesn't Listen. / Top 10 Reasons For Getting Divorced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 24, 2013
Donxavier:

In dubai, it is a crime to even have sexx outside of marriage, both being r.aped and committing r.ape are criminalized under the crime of "extramarital relations." A person who reports being r.aped can be sentenced to over a year in prison, as can a person accused of r.ape. That is their Law there.

But that deranged law is primarily why I am in this thread at all in the first place!! So are you saying you agree with this law? You're okay with it? It makes sense to you? You don't have a problem with the fact that it emboldens rapists because they know that their victims are unlikely to report the rape? You don't mind this?

According to her she was conscious while she was being r.aped and she tried to resist but he held her down and a knock from room service made her escape. So she was obviously conscious and fully aware and yet no defensive wounds, no screams, no witnesses to corroborate her story.....

How do you know all this? Do you have a source?

I agree with you. But in this case she wanted it.

Again, how do you know this? On what basis do you make this conclusion?

My point is culpability has to be 50/50....it takes two to tango. Nobody should be absolved of being responsible for their actions.

No it can't automatically be 50/50. It has to be reasonably fair. Let everyone be responsible for their own part.

Oh, and I'm yet to see any credible rationale from anyone for what she stands to gain by lying about having consensual sex. She is a wild western woman who went to the UAE to desecrate their land according to you. If she is so wild, why would she give a hoot about sleeping with someone in a land faraway from their real lives/spouses etc. The man's wife would never find out about it. Since she wanted it so much and was the aggressor, how do the dots connect in your mind as to why she would regret it immediately and cry rape?
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by tintingz(m): 11:42am On Jul 24, 2013
^^ You are not making any sense... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 24, 2013
^^^^

It is not for me to make Judgements on their Laws. It's a an Islamic state with all these sharia laws and if that is how they have decided to govern themselves we must respect that. I do agree that they need to review some of their laws.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marte_Dalelv_rape_incident
Study her statement, go thru all the links cited in the Article. I know for academic purposes we can't cite wikipedia but for argument sake this is sufficient grin grin grin

As for why she would lie? that's easy. It's called regret sex. She made a bad call and now wants to feel good about herself by claiming to be raped. She is trying to convince herself she's got no responsibility and that she was unduly taken advantage of.

I rest my case.
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 26, 2013
Donxavier: ^^^^

It is not for me to make Judgements on their Laws. It's a an Islamic state with all these sharia laws and if that is how they have decided to govern themselves we must respect that. I do agree that they need to review some of their laws.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marte_Dalelv_rape_incident
Study her statement, go thru all the links cited in the Article. I know for academic purposes we can't cite wikipedia but for argument sake this is sufficient grin grin grin

As for why she would lie? that's easy. It's called regret sex. She made a bad call and now wants to feel good about herself by claiming to be raped. She is trying to convince herself she's got no responsibility and that she was unduly taken advantage of.

I rest my case.

I'm not sure what you mean by you can't make judgements on their law when all you've done is precisely that, make judgements on the woman. Do you agree with that law or not? How is that judgement? Or is this code for, 'I agree with it'?

Looked through some of the links and the forensic examiner did not exclude rape. Also the man himself said she asked him why he raped her. I'm not seeing any proof that she definitely had consensual sex. Maybe you can point out the specific article.

tintingz: ^^ You are not making any sense... undecided

I suggest trying the tonto dike threads. They may be better suited to your capabilities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

African Mother Marries Her Own Son. / Is This True About Feminisim / Pregnant Nigerian Woman Bares Her Baby Bump For Shoot With Husband & Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.