Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known (19907 Views)

Coming From A Jonathan Fan In Imo State.. You Wont Believe This! / Ebonyi State You May Not Know. / I Have Known Omisore Since I Was 20years Of Age - VP Namadi Sambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by plendil: 6:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
Dannylux:

Ebsu ranks 5th in the first 5 state Universities in Nigeria and 60th or 56th in general (Not sure)

Ebonyi represented Nigeria in 2009,2013 international debate Qatar and Turkey.

There's a debate called "Governor Elechi's debate" in Ebonyi. He's the overseer.

Ebonyi's health sector is very active too. Heard of mother and child care initiative(MCC1 )
His wife supervises it. its for polio control and eradication and problem associated with maternity

Ebonyi ain't doing bad in education sector likewise the health sector. Just that a lot of people still hold on to the old belief that It's just another village. There aren't much infrastructure but feeding is hardly a problem in Ebonyi.

How exactly do you qualify an active health care sector? Is it general hospitals in their deplorable state of dereliction? The lack of common paracetamol in a so-called secondary institution? abeg leave matter!

Most of the work in the health are being done by NGOs now: MAPS, FHI, IHVN, etc.

The area I can score the old man is in staff welfare. Compared with other states, Ebonyi State is not too bad.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by duke4ever: 6:27pm On Dec 03, 2013
achi4u: Point noted.
But could you please expatiate more on the issue of "Ebonyians should open their minds"-(ur words),because the last time I checked many none indigenes hold so many position in Ebonyi state.

Our commissioner for commerce and industry Dr. Ifeanyi Ike is from Adazi in Anambra state and he is performing well.You hadly know he's not from the state.
One of our former house member Dr. Abia Onyeike is also from another state.
So,how do you want us to open our minds again?
There's no discrimination here in Ebonyi state in all levels, once you can deliver to any of the position you are needed the government will not hesitate to employ you.

With those examples I cited above can any of our sister state do the same to none indigent? ...

We don't have time for tribalism here that's why many ppl sees us as a different ppl from igbo stock.
We are still the poorest state in the s.east that's why we need every hand to build up.
I don't want us to over flog this issue. My point is clear. That Nigercem must not GO AND DIE. Btw, Ebonyi is not poor mind you. You need to come off this old mentality nwanne. Though much needs to be done but the state of today can still hold its own anywhere.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by plendil: 6:27pm On Dec 03, 2013
Let me also add that quite commendable is the support being given to mission hospitals, well over 2billion.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by achi4u(m): 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
duke4ever: I don't want us to over flog this issue. My point is clear. That Nigercem must not GO AND DIE. Btw, Ebonyi is not poor mind you. You need to come off this old mentality nwanne. Though much needs to be done but the state of today can still hold its own anywhere.
Ok.
We are still on the same track. Anything they can do to revive that company will be highly acceptable.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by duke4ever: 3:10pm On Dec 04, 2013
achi4u: Ok.
We are still on the same track. Anything they can do to revive that company will be highly acceptable.
way to go bro
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 05, 2013
achi4u: gringringrin
Ngozi u are a blessing to Ndigbo.

stay kool.
I have thought of the same abt u too. stay kool
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by MsMichaelz(f): 1:22pm On Dec 15, 2013
I was posted to Ebonyi state for national service. Although I stayed in Abakaliki for about a week after I left camp and didn't have enough time to move around, I intend to do some sight seeing when I return after the xmas holiday. I intend to start a small business but I'm short of ideas, please I need help esp from those who are staying/ have stayed in Ebonyi.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by IGBOSON1: 11:58am On Jan 05, 2014
Some pics of rural Ebonyi (Ezzamgbo):

1 Like

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by IGBOSON1: 11:59am On Jan 05, 2014
One more:

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by IGBOSON1: 12:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
If our tourism potentials were tapped properly, one would expect to see tourists and holidaymakers going on boat rides or fishing trips on the river.....looks like there will be some nice fresh-water fish in there waiting to be caught!
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by duke4ever: 1:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
most Wonderful. Talk about greenry
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by passion007: 4:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
IGBO-SON:
One more:
IGBO-SON:
Some pics of rural Ebonyi (Ezzamgbo):
Such scenic beauty!
These lakes and surrounding lush vegetation will have to contend with Enugu's much-talked about soft green hills, and valleys. And I think Ebonyi will come out looking good.
See how the clear waters mirror the sky!
I really wish Elechi will infuse more funds into tourism.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by launrey(m): 2:40pm On Jun 27, 2014
taharqa2: Really? Are you sure about this Bros??...
this is so not true.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by agabaI23(m): 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
achi4u: You understand it that way because you are informed patterning to the crisis btw Ezza and eziulo not even Izzi, now hw about those who are ignorant of what happened or what is happening?

The infrastructure am talking about us well spread out to all the 13 LGAs,thus all the communities that were been cutoff by Ebonyi river are now interconnected with high quality bridges.
Am not here to praise Gov Mathin Elechi because he's nt saint but with the little revenue he generate plus the megare peanut FG do throw to the state seems to be well manage unlike the formal gov Egwu who only share the money with his gang and be partying till all the ebsu chicks will be smiling to their bank the next day.lol

You can travel to any part of the state with well tied road except some few who are under construction.
Electricity is relatively ok like any other part of the country.

The water project is of African standard because of the quality of pipes been used.

All in all Elechi is trying.
You are praising Elechi?
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by ROYALD(m): 4:40am On Jul 22, 2014
nice one
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by konos(f): 3:50pm On Oct 15, 2014
Any land available for sale in abakaliki
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by achi4u(m): 12:13pm On Oct 16, 2014
konos:
Land is available with good prices,flat land for that matter.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by backtosender: 12:55pm On Oct 16, 2014
ebonyi rich in agriculture
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by ekene007: 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
And you forget they has crude oil too.....

Natural Resources[edit]
Ebonyi is primarily an agricultural region. It is a leading producer of rice, yam, potatoes, maize, beans, and cassava in Nigeria.[citation needed] Rice and yams are predominantly cultivated in Edda, a region within the state.[citation needed] Ebonyi has several solid mineral resources, including lead, crude oil, and natural gas, but few large-scale commercial mines. The state government has, however, given several incentives to investors in the agro-allied sector to encourage production.[citation needed] Ebonyi is called "the salt of the nation" for its huge salt deposit at the Okposi and Uburu Salt Lakes.[c
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by agabaI23(m): 6:05am On Aug 19, 2015
konos:
pm me if you are serious
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by joeyreports: 8:00am On Nov 21, 2015
The higher the proportion of alumina, the higher the temperature necessary to form the glassy ceramic bonding (vitrification) materila which characterizes ceramic products (Mark, 2010). The clays have low titanium oxide values. This enhances its use and meets the requirements of 0.3 % for ceramic materials (Murray, 2007).

BENEFICIATION

The studied clays are generally comparable with the industrial standards and reference samples which make them useful as ceramic materials. However, the studied clays are amenable to beneficiation through the following procedures:

This includes the removal of fine grained kaolinite from coarser silica, feldspar and mica using various settling velocities. Kaolinite is mostly observed in the fine fraction; hence beneficiation can be done by simple separation. The process starts with the immersion of the kaolinite-bearing rock sample in water in an attrition cell. This is done with a heavy duty lab stirrer rotating consistently for a particular duration of time. Initially, when separation is being done, the aim is to remove all the materials coarser than 250µm (mostly quartz and feldspar). The second stage involves pumping the <250µm clay slurry into hydro-cyclones for the next process of
http://www.prestarticles.com/evolution-abakaliki-anambra-basins-southeastern-nigeria-report-submitted-shell-petroleum-development-company-nigeria/
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by eazyway212: 9:35pm On May 28, 2017
For your soil tests ; contact me, Engr. Ezekiel@ 08060244464.....We deliver in all types of soil tests

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Angry - Shehu Sani Reacts Over Door-to-door Campaign / Malami Ask Governors To Decongest Prisons Immediately / Supreme Court Sends Warning On Odili Homes Raid: "Enough Is Enough, We Can Bite"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.