Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,310 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) (40377 Views)

Air Bombardment Continues As Troops Mop Up More Communities (photos) / Soyinka: The Chauvinist Bitterness For The Empowerment Of Women In Nigeria / Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by sojay(m): 3:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
akpomeme:
Well the truth remains that MOP is going senile. One too many words on one subject is a bad sign of going loco in his age. One cannot be excluded from the other. How many statements has MOP made so far and how many responses has Shepopotamus given so far to MOP? Answer this objectively then I can live with your statement.

Speaking about objectivity, you'll agree with me that it's a mis-match expecting a response/statement from PEJ. With all due respect to the exalted office, it's high time madam PEJ is called to order. And somebody just have to do it!
You also will agree that her excesses are way too many to be overlooked. For God's sake, she's a huge beneficiary of WS' stance against her likes who came before her.
So guy, learn to live with it!
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by abysirius(m): 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
Willy4Willy:
Keii Aigbofa,
Guy! U, u no go skool at all? Y is it that everything u av to contribute on any of d comments is either chai, keii, ohh and some cheats like that!even if u know go skool u fit still try small. Stop embarrassing ursef and get a life!
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
Wole Soyinka and his beautiful wife, Folakemi Soyinka (nee Doherty).

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by WildChild00(m): 3:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
The last will and testament of the Swedish philanthropist, chemist, engineer and inventor, Alfred Nobel, established the Nobel prizes in 1895. These annual prizes are conferred on carefully selected individuals annually.
Those who win the Nobel Prize are recognized for their outstanding and exceptional achievements in a particular field of human endeavour. They must have contributed something extraordinary to advance humanity. The recognition not only confers immense honour and pride on the recipient, but also on the country the Nobel Laureate comes from.

In 1986, the Nobel Prize in Literature was awarded to Professor Wole Soyinka. Africa and indeed Nigerians at home and in the Diaspora radiated in the euphoria that their very own son was thus honoured internationally. He stood tall like the iroko tree and became a barometer of our public conscious. Every syllable of his didactic statements, delivered in compelling oratory, has been embraced by his admiring listeners as the gospel truth. It is therefore most unbecoming and highly disappointing when a public figure of the stature of Professor Soyinka chooses to comment on the pages of the newspaper or via a “state of the nation” address on the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan or indeed the President. He has done this without ever meeting the First Lady or any of her aids, to find out the veracity of his statements about Dame Patience.

In a state of the nation address Professor Soyinka gave on Thursday 11 July, 2013 in Lagos, the Nobel Laureate called on the President, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, to call the First Lady to order for what Soyinka imagines to be “her over bearing tendencies.” What a disrespectful and impertinent statement from an intellectual figure who should conduct himself in a much more dignified manner befitting of his intellectual and social standing.
An old Idoma proverb states, “He who has heard one side of an argument has heard nothing.” Soyinka has not met or spoken to Dame Patience about any public issue to listen to her own side. Neither has he met to discuss with the President on the political developments in the House of Assembly in Rivers State, yet he sits on his high and majestic throne to pontificate to us and deceive us with statements embellished with innuendoes and insinuations guaranteed to fan disaffection. This is not the correct thing to do.
If Prof. Soyinka was really altruistic and had the interest of the nation at heart, he would seek for audience with the President to offer advice about the First Lady, or any matter worrying him in the manner a dignified intellectual of impeccable repute would do. He would not make public utterances is a publicity-seeking, self-serving manner he did in Lagos today (Thursday).
If he did not want to meet the President or the First Lady to offer personal advice, he at least should have had the moral grace to listen to the side of Dame Patience before his unbecoming attack on her. It is truly unfortunate when individuals like Prof. Soyinka, who we look to for ethical rectitude to guide us, lead us astray.

To say that I am disappointed with Prof Soyinka would be an understatement. He embarrasses our sense of national pride and decorum. How many Nobel Laureates have you seen casting aspersion or damaging remarks on the wife of the President of their country?
Free speech, Prof Soyinka, is your inalienable constitutional right. However, with that right comes responsibilities. To accuse the First Lady of excesses based on what you have read on the pages of the newspaper makes you an arm chair critic of the worst kind. You have a moral obligation to seek your information dispassionately and also verify them to be true, accurate and unbiased. You have a moral duty to offer advice to Dame Patience in an inoffensive manner, with dignity. What do you want the youths to learn from your tirades and outbursts? That it is okay to be disrespectful to the First Lady? Prof Soyinka, you really got it wrong. The decent thing to do would be to apologize to Dame Patience for your unwarranted and ill advised attacks on her. If you do have genuine advice for her, please do it in a sensible way that will not denigrate from the high esteem many hold you in as a scholar and as a gentleman.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
Damn!! This slag is here. undecided undecided
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2013
kingbang:

Please stop replying that kid. he is not worth it.

at least i make more sense avoiding an exhibit of folly unlike U and ur folks are doing here..

i definitely cant engagae u all here. IF U WANT IT ON WOLE/PEJ/ACHEBE/etc level, FINE!...but on a FULL SCALE like u and ur retards have been doing since, this IS NOT THE IDEAL PLACE!. iv given u d place to do that, or else, u are then born to BRAG BUT LOSE.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by ALTRUTH(m): 3:29pm On Jul 23, 2013
[quote

author=St_Black]

at least i make more sense avoiding an exhibit of folly unlike U and ur
folks are doing here..

i definitely cant engagae u all here. IF U WANT IT ON
WOLE/PEJ/ACHEBE/etc level, FINE!...but on a FULL SCALE like u and ur
retards have been doing since, this IS NOT THE IDEAL PLACE!. iv given u d
place to do that, or else, u are then born to BRAG BUT LOSE.[/quote]

Bring ur arsenal here. How do u expect a clean man like me dressed in
white to follow u into ur house, d gutter? Soyinka will rep me wait let me
call him.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by ALTRUTH(m): 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
Ola Johnson: Wole Soyinka and his beautiful wife, Folakemi Soyinka (nee Doherty).

Is she still with him

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 23, 2013
njokusboy: The problem is that most nairalanders argue without objectivity... To them wole soyinka cannot be wrong, I am not saying he is... Patience jonathan has too many excesses, most of which are insulting to nigerians. However, resulting to frontal attacks and mindless name calling isn't the most diplomatic way to handle the situation. Secondly, I didn't hear him say anything about the pro- amaechi dude who resulted to physical violence to inorder to put his point across. To me, there is no better definiton of BIAS than that. Wole soyinka I notice is becoming more political than rational, which isn't gud for his image.

God bless you.. WS is now Mr perfect can do no wrong in their eyes. Until they start seeing that this man is a human prone to mistakes like us, they won't see anything wrong in his opinions. To them he's a God bereft of any imperfections!!. Criticising PEJ and leaving others involved in the rivers fracas.. Smh
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by WildChild00(m): 3:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
AN Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka [b][/b]

I bring you greetings from Port Harcourt. Fortunately, from my location, no hippos are in sight.

Your place in history is securely established. You are one of the very few that have been consistent through the decades in your stance. Every regime since independence has felt your bold presence. Your mastery of words is extraordinary…so good that people are afraid of replying you (for fear of exposing their lingual deficiency – by the way, I face that risk too). Prof, you are one of the few that excelled both in the academic world and the audacious realm of activism. At my age, you were already declared an enemy of the Nigerian state for daring to stand hand in hand with truth. Time has proved you one of Nigeria’s finest, and no one can negotiate that. It is in the light of this remarkable persona that I am bothered by your position on the rumble in the deltaic plains of Rivers State. Your summation, I'm afraid, is uncharacteristically one sided.

In your press conference, you brought to fore the brash affront to arithmetic rules, where 16 became greater than 19 and more recently 5 outnumbering 27. Prof, I share in your disgust. My discipline exposed me to mathematics beyond the ordinary. In all my romance with the subject, the only aspect of math that made provision for this absurd is found in the O LEVEL topic - Inequalities. However, that is only applied in finding unknowns and where a solution is only reached if it satisfies a condition (if the inequality is true). In these political equations at hand, there were no variables (unknowns) but constants - 35 and 32 respectively. Therefore 5 > 27 and 16 > 19 cannot be solutions to the political inequalities, respectively. Take this to CERN, take it to NASA, It defies both logic and mathematics, and I cannot agree any less with you as to the absurdity.

However, this numerical tragedy is not more disgusting than the show of shame at a chamber that should boast of hallowed men, and not the hollow species we saw on TV, Tuesday last. We saw a pro-Amaechi law maker hack down a colleague almost to the point of death. They said he was provoked. What manner of provocation should make a legislator act in such berserk manner (exponentially disproportionate to the magnitude of provocation)? Or is this the real case of failure to get the swamp out of the hippopotamus as you stated in your follow up? Also, no provocation should make the executive governor put himself in harm’s way in the manner in which he did. Imagine if anything had happened to him. We also saw a man clad in Police uniform and another, both alleged to be the Governor’s aides, joining in the melee. However, I find it surprising that you didn't reserve any choice word of condemnation for these acts of brigandage. You traced everything to the door step of the first lady, who at that time we read in the papers, was many time zones ahead in China. Prof, that is not a complete picture neither is it a fair assessment.

In your press conference, you described the first lady as a domestic appendage of power. Coming from a constitutional perspective, yes this is understandable for there is no phrase or compound word called “first lady” in the constitution. Prof, similarly, the constitution makes no such provision for a tier or arm of government, either implicitly or explicitly, called “Nigerian Governors Forum”. Unfortunately, the NGF is fast becoming another tier of government. It is as much a travesty as 16 > 19 portends. They gang up and stampede the President, deplete the excess crude account with reckless abandon and protect the political estates of members. In fact, they are fast becoming an electoral college for Presidential Elections – they pull the strings, provide the candidates from amongst them, and nominate the delegates at the primaries, etc. This is a threat to our brand of democracy. On a personal note, I’m afraid we lost our dear governor to this same body, for since he became the chairman of this group, things have slowed down back in the swamp. It’s been an expensive distraction thus far. Prof, you were silent on these things...or is there a part 2 coming?

Prof, the battle in Rivers State is set in the murky waters of the swamp. When the mace becomes the weapon, then you can imagine the level of deterioration. Like you mentioned, there are all manner of exotic species enmeshed in the messy swamp; some are buoyant carnivores, others pretentious parasites. Beatifying one at the expense of the other is plain travesty. I am inspired by your metaphorical wonder (of hippos, swamps, etc), the hippos with their physical presence and sheer brute dominate this battle. But you see, if a vet wants to capture the hippo, he won't come charging at the hippo with bare hands and expect to subdue it. He'll apply a tranquilizer and put it to sleep and the hippo becomes his for the treatment. Prof, your role as a statesman puts you in the stead of our dear Vet. We expect you to apply the intellectual tranquilizer of a statesman rather than diving in to the murky swamp. You are too much of an icon (one that I personally adore) to take sides with these politicians. Whichever side, whichever way, they carry dirty baggage from the swamp, one you’ll not be proud to be seen with from hindsight. Going personal on characters in the conflict without addressing all-sides of the real issues of the conflict will only fuel further conflict, and even leave you exposed to all manner of attacks from all sorts.

Finally Prof, from your last statement, you seem to have a good line of communication with the Governor. Please tell him we miss his old self. Tell him we miss that era where he was jumping on his power bike to inspect projects and ensure contractors were working. Tell him to stop these unnecessary battles, that he’s misappropriating energy in the process. The second part of the principle of conservation of energy states that energy can be converted from one form to another. Yes, our Governor has converted his positive energy into a negative one for unnecessary fights that is not of benefit to Rivers people. At the moment, he is at war with a legion; unbeknownst to him, he’s dragging us all with him into these murky waters. The continuous throbbing of the hippos increases the turbidity of the murky waters, and the masses are at the receiving end of all of this. When the Commissioner for Information in any state becomes busier than the Commissioner for works, it’s a curious sign of a flaming Rome. That is the situation the state is in at the moment. Even the man on the street in Maiduguri knows the name of the Commissioner of Information in Rivers State.

Please tell him not to listen to these sycophants around him urging him on to vain battles. They only qualify to be his friends because they are operating on the Chinese adage – The enemy of your enemy is your friend. We thought he’d learn from the mistakes of his ex-boss in this regard. Tell him to heed the advice of Afenifere or the wise counsel of Orji Uzor Kalu. Tell him that the real battle is to fix our infrastructure and ensure the dividends of democracy will trickle down to every home. We need our Governor to be focused like he was before. I traveled about 54km on the election morning just to make sure I vote for him because of what he did in his first two years in office. Today, he is held down by inertia. Nay, he's actually decelerating and resonating negative energy. He’s everywhere but nowhere!

Prof, by the way, the hippos and the manatees you mentioned are endangered in our swamp. The reckless activities of oil companies have chased them to extinction. We will be glad if you can help us lend your voice in this regard as well. Prof, you have been a blessing to Nigeria, and posterity will always treat you with honour.

Kind regards

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by deleola: 3:49pm On Jul 23, 2013
@akpomeme, hw much were u paid u do this? It's'so obvious! Let us face it, Patience is the WORST firstlady Nigeria has ever had. Instead of fighting a lost battle here, y dont u go lecture ur patience that the office of the first lady does not exist in the Nigerian constitution and she needs to learn something called Poise. Go and mourn wit Madam and stop hating. U sound so pained!ogini?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2013
deleola: @akpomeme, hw much were u paid u do this? It's'so obvious! Let us face it, Patience is the WORST firstlady Nigeria has ever had. Instead of fighting a lost battle here, y dont u go lecture ur patience that the office of the first lady does not exist in the Nigerian constitution and she needs to learn something called Poise. Go and mourn wit Madam and stop hating. U sound so pained!ogini?

A saying goes as "if educatn is expensive, try ignorance". Many of her(PEJ) bootlickers here have forgotten the fact that even if u arent educated in the books, u should be educated at least in speaking well and in manners.
...I guess she tried COMPLETE ignorance (instead of even basic education), which is a result of a what Nigerians are seeing in manifestation for the FIRST TIME of their lives.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2013
ALTRUTH:

Is she still with him
Omo, they are still very much together. She was his student in the University of Ife (now OAU) who graduated in 1983.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by nagoma(m): 4:04pm On Jul 23, 2013
deleola: @akpomeme, hw much were u paid u do this? It's'so obvious! Let us face it, Patience is the WORST firstlady Nigeria has ever had. Instead of fighting a lost battle here, y dont u go lecture ur patience that the office of the first lady does not exist in the Nigerian constitution and she needs to learn something called Poise. Go and mourn wit Madam and stop hating. U sound so pained!ogini?

Patience and her husband President are destroying Nigeria and all good men should be angry with the lack of capacity & quality in our governance. However WS in my view has always been overrated , for me he combines the intellectual and the thug - all in one.
In this particular saga Dame Patience comes out as the crisp silent high value currency note while Prof Soyinka come out as the noisy low value coin. I wish they both came out low for that's what they really are- both of them.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2013
WildChild00: AN Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka [b][/b]

I bring you greetings from Port Harcourt. Fortunately, from my location, no hippos are in sight.

Your place in history is securely established. You are one of the very few that have been consistent through the decades in your stance. Every regime since independence has felt your bold presence. Your mastery of words is extraordinary…so good that people are afraid of replying you (for fear of exposing their lingual deficiency – by the way, I face that risk too). Prof, you are one of the few that excelled both in the academic world and the audacious realm of activism. At my age, you were already declared an enemy of the Nigerian state for daring to stand hand in hand with truth. Time has proved you one of Nigeria’s finest, and no one can negotiate that. It is in the light of this remarkable persona that I am bothered by your position on the rumble in the deltaic plains of Rivers State. Your summation, I'm afraid, is uncharacteristically one sided.

In your press conference, you brought to fore the brash affront to arithmetic rules, where 16 became greater than 19 and more recently 5 outnumbering 27. Prof, I share in your disgust. My discipline exposed me to mathematics beyond the ordinary. In all my romance with the subject, the only aspect of math that made provision for this absurd is found in the O LEVEL topic - Inequalities. However, that is only applied in finding unknowns and where a solution is only reached if it satisfies a condition (if the inequality is true). In these political equations at hand, there were no variables (unknowns) but constants - 35 and 32 respectively. Therefore 5 > 27 and 16 > 19 cannot be solutions to the political inequalities, respectively. Take this to CERN, take it to NASA, It defies both logic and mathematics, and I cannot agree any less with you as to the absurdity.

However, this numerical tragedy is not more disgusting than the show of shame at a chamber that should boast of hallowed men, and not the hollow species we saw on TV, Tuesday last. We saw a pro-Amaechi law maker hack down a colleague almost to the point of death. They said he was provoked. What manner of provocation should make a legislator act in such berserk manner (exponentially disproportionate to the magnitude of provocation)? Or is this the real case of failure to get the swamp out of the hippopotamus as you stated in your follow up? Also, no provocation should make the executive governor put himself in harm’s way in the manner in which he did. Imagine if anything had happened to him. We also saw a man clad in Police uniform and another, both alleged to be the Governor’s aides, joining in the melee. However, I find it surprising that you didn't reserve any choice word of condemnation for these acts of brigandage. You traced everything to the door step of the first lady, who at that time we read in the papers, was many time zones ahead in China. Prof, that is not a complete picture neither is it a fair assessment.

In your press conference, you described the first lady as a domestic appendage of power. Coming from a constitutional perspective, yes this is understandable for there is no phrase or compound word called “first lady” in the constitution. Prof, similarly, the constitution makes no such provision for a tier or arm of government, either implicitly or explicitly, called “Nigerian Governors Forum”. Unfortunately, the NGF is fast becoming another tier of government. It is as much a travesty as 16 > 19 portends. They gang up and stampede the President, deplete the excess crude account with reckless abandon and protect the political estates of members. In fact, they are fast becoming an electoral college for Presidential Elections – they pull the strings, provide the candidates from amongst them, and nominate the delegates at the primaries, etc. This is a threat to our brand of democracy. On a personal note, I’m afraid we lost our dear governor to this same body, for since he became the chairman of this group, things have slowed down back in the swamp. It’s been an expensive distraction thus far. Prof, you were silent on these things...or is there a part 2 coming?

Prof, the battle in Rivers State is set in the murky waters of the swamp. When the mace becomes the weapon, then you can imagine the level of deterioration. Like you mentioned, there are all manner of exotic species enmeshed in the messy swamp; some are buoyant carnivores, others pretentious parasites. Beatifying one at the expense of the other is plain travesty. I am inspired by your metaphorical wonder (of hippos, swamps, etc), the hippos with their physical presence and sheer brute dominate this battle. But you see, if a vet wants to capture the hippo, he won't come charging at the hippo with bare hands and expect to subdue it. He'll apply a tranquilizer and put it to sleep and the hippo becomes his for the treatment. Prof, your role as a statesman puts you in the stead of our dear Vet. We expect you to apply the intellectual tranquilizer of a statesman rather than diving in to the murky swamp. You are too much of an icon (one that I personally adore) to take sides with these politicians. Whichever side, whichever way, they carry dirty baggage from the swamp, one you’ll not be proud to be seen with from hindsight. Going personal on characters in the conflict without addressing all-sides of the real issues of the conflict will only fuel further conflict, and even leave you exposed to all manner of attacks from all sorts.

Finally Prof, from your last statement, you seem to have a good line of communication with the Governor. Please tell him we miss his old self. Tell him we miss that era where he was jumping on his power bike to inspect projects and ensure contractors were working. Tell him to stop these unnecessary battles, that he’s misappropriating energy in the process. The second part of the principle of conservation of energy states that energy can be converted from one form to another. Yes, our Governor has converted his positive energy into a negative one for unnecessary fights that is not of benefit to Rivers people. At the moment, he is at war with a legion; unbeknownst to him, he’s dragging us all with him into these murky waters. The continuous throbbing of the hippos increases the turbidity of the murky waters, and the masses are at the receiving end of all of this. When the Commissioner for Information in any state becomes busier than the Commissioner for works, it’s a curious sign of a flaming Rome. That is the situation the state is in at the moment. Even the man on the street in Maiduguri knows the name of the Commissioner of Information in Rivers State.

Please tell him not to listen to these sycophants around him urging him on to vain battles. They only qualify to be his friends because they are operating on the Chinese adage – The enemy of your enemy is your friend. We thought he’d learn from the mistakes of his ex-boss in this regard. Tell him to heed the advice of Afenifere or the wise counsel of Orji Uzor Kalu. Tell him that the real battle is to fix our infrastructure and ensure the dividends of democracy will trickle down to every home. We need our Governor to be focused like he was before. I traveled about 54km on the election morning just to make sure I vote for him because of what he did in his first two years in office. Today, he is held down by inertia. Nay, he's actually decelerating and resonating negative energy. He’s everywhere but nowhere!

Prof, by the way, the hippos and the manatees you mentioned are endangered in our swamp. The reckless activities of oil companies have chased them to extinction. We will be glad if you can help us lend your voice in this regard as well. Prof, you have been a blessing to Nigeria, and posterity will always treat you with honour.

Kind regards

Subtly put.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Omo, they are still very much together. She was his student in the University of Ife (now OAU) who graduated in 1983.
Fourth wife?
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by hypergig(m): 4:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
He is just someone who doesn't conjure up statements to suite the mere lot or a large chunk of d populace...he is someone who spits it out as he feels he see's it..abi una xpect am to mum up nd say nuffin....dat woman is a big prob to naija.she isn't a political office holder so y shud she meddle in pol affairs.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by kingbang: 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
nagoma:

Patience and her husband President are destroying Nigeria and all good men should be angry with the lack of capacity & quality in our governance. However WS in my view has always been overrated , for me he combines the intellectual and the thug - all in one.
In this particular saga Dame Patience comes out as the crisp silent high value currency note while Prof Soyinka come out as the noisy low value coin. I wish they both came out low for that's what they really are- both of them.

I agree a million times. Only senseless kids would applaud Soyinka on his latest show of shame.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by blackbeau1(f): 4:59pm On Jul 23, 2013
You forgot to add @ op ,that this same man who is criticizing PEJ for causing hold-up in traffic in rivers was responsible for 'no movement' on nwaniba in akwa ibom when he came to collect his share of the national cake. If he ,who is not politically relevant as of now could do that,how much more madam president?

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 23, 2013
akpomeme:
Fourth wife?
That's a f00lish question.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by neyobillz: 5:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
Over the years, right from the first republic, Wole Soyinka took a toy gun to the radio station, took the broadcasters hostage and made them to broadcast inciting statements against the then Premier Ladoke Akintola; Where were your generations then? Wole Soyinka took on Obasanjo btw 1976 and 1979 and spent many years in detention. He took on Shagari until Shagari government crunbled. He took on Idiagbon & Buhari and spent many years in detention. IBB also detained him, Gani Fawehinmi and others several times for many years. Wole Soyinka and NADECO took on Abacha until they arrested Abacha with Cardiac Arrest. He took on Abdulsalami such that Abdulsalami has to quickly pack his things and leave. Wole Soyinka took on Obasanjo again on his second return, you can confirm from Obasanjo how Wole chased him in dreams every day. Where were your generations then? Wole Soyinka and the Save Nigeria Group matched to the National Assembly to force David Mark and other looters there to make Jonathan acting president and remove Jonathan and his wife husband Sheppopotamus Patience from the kitchen where Turai Yar'Adua put them. Where were your generations then? Please point to any member of your family or any of those shouting Jona for ever in the picture attached. Where were Asari Dokubo, Edwin Clark, Jonah Jang, Godswill Akpabio, Nyesom Wike, Dishonorable Evans Bapakaye Bipialaka - Patience's cousin (I dont know why Hon Chidi Lloy did not break his head too) and other fools? Or have you forgotten so soon? Pls cure your amnesia before it sends you to your early grave like Patience mother.

Common pls spare me the historical razmattaz and answer my simple question,where was the MOP when Thugs overran the good old Oyo state house of Assembly/governors office and governor Ladoja was unjustly impeached,i suppose he should be equally concerned with politics of his kinsmen than the politics of the creekmen,was he in comatose back then,where was he when Amaechi sacked over 10 local govt chairmen on trivial issues,if to say na your papa dem sack nko,simplyseyi i know u have simply sidelined your sense of reasoning for some biased followership and support for everything that comes out of the MOP mouth hook,line and sinker,If u cant show some respect for the living,you should be sensible enough to show some little respect for those who have passed to the great beyond,there is no reason in hell why anyone should drag that old woman who is obviously older than you and just passed into eternity into this,u sef get mama now,or did u just drop down from heaven,perhaps u just came from the innermost pit in hell and someday when u blinded followership lands u in the grave,then u can return to the innermost pit of hell where u obviously came from.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by neyobillz: 5:38pm On Jul 23, 2013
[quote author=simpleseyi]

Over the years, right from the first republic, Wole Soyinka took a toy gun to the radio station, took the broadcasters hostage and made them to broadcast inciting statements against the then Premier Ladoke Akintola; Where were your generations then? Wole Soyinka took on Obasanjo btw 1976 and 1979 and spent many years in detention. He took on Shagari until Shagari government crunbled. He took on Idiagbon & Buhari and spent many years in detention. IBB also detained him, Gani Fawehinmi and others several times for many years. Wole Soyinka and NADECO took on Abacha until they arrested Abacha with Cardiac Arrest. He took on Abdulsalami such that Abdulsalami has to quickly pack his things and leave. Wole Soyinka took on Obasanjo again on his second return, you can confirm from Obasanjo how Wole chased him in dreams every day. Where were your generations then? Wole Soyinka and the Save Nigeria Group matched to the National Assembly to force David Mark and other looters there to make Jonathan acting president and remove Jonathan and his wife husband Sheppopotamus Patience from the kitchen where Turai Yar'Adua put them. Where were your generations then? Please point to any member of your family or any of those shouting Jona for ever in the picture attached. Where were Asari Dokubo, Edwin Clark, Jonah Jang, Godswill Akpabio, Nyesom Wike, Dishonorable Evans Bapakaye Bipialaka - Patience's cousin (I dont know why Hon Chidi Lloy did not break his head too) and other fools? Or have you forgotten so soon? Pls cure your amnesia before it sends you to your early grave like Patience mother.

Common pls spare me the historical razmattaz and answer my simple question,where was the MOP when Thugs overran the good old Oyo state house of Assembly/governors office and governor Ladoja was unjustly impeached,i suppose he should be equally concerned with politics of his kinsmen than the politics of the creekmen,was he in comatose back then,where was he when Amaechi sacked over 10 local govt chairmen on trivial issues,if to say na your papa dem sack nko,simplyseyi i know u have simply sidelined your sense of reasoning for some biased followership and support for everything that comes out of the MOP mouth hook,line and sinker,If u cant show some respect for the living,you should be sensible enough to show some little respect for those who have passed to the great beyond,there is no reason in hell why anyone should drag that old woman who is obviously older than you and just passed into eternity into this,u sef get mama now,or did u just drop down from heaven,perhaps u just came from the innermost pit in hell and someday when u blinded followership lands u in the grave,then u can return to the innermost pit of hell where u obviously came from.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by yemight2776(m): 6:07pm On Jul 23, 2013
The whole world is turning to another thing and am very surprise as how when this world is going this days. because i don't think how somebody like Prof.Wole Soyinka will be insulting another man wife and many people are still supporting him, but lets think of it to all of you that you are supporting Prof., can anybody insult your mother and still be supporting such person.don't let be political in all cases because you should consider PEJ as somebody mother and you should know that you can accept it when somebody is talking to your mother any how like this. i think Prof. did not have a dame right to talk to another man wife like this.....to me, Prof. was wrong to talk like that but am not even worry more to that than how many people are still supporting Prof. when u know that it is not right.....believe me God will judge everyone of us one day.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 23, 2013
yemight2776: The whole world is turning to another thing and am very surprise as how when this world is going this days. because i don't think how somebody like Prof.Wole Soyinka will be insulting another man wife and many people are still supporting him, but lets think of it to all of you that you are supporting Prof., can anybody insult your mother and still be supporting such person.don't let be political in all cases because you should consider PEJ as somebody mother and you should know that you can accept it when somebody is talking to your mother any how like this. i think Prof. did not have a dame right to talk to another man wife like this.....to me, Prof. was wrong to talk like that but am not even worry more to that than how many people are still supporting Prof. when u know that it is not right.....believe me God will judge everyone of us one day.

Another man's wife who spends our money, fly in our jets, lock down our cities because of some stupid personal activity and then insult our sensibility?
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 6:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
yemight2776: The whole world is turning to another thing and am very surprise as how when this world is going this days. because i don't think how somebody like Prof.Wole Soyinka will be insulting another man wife and many people are still supporting him, but lets think of it to all of you that you are supporting Prof., can anybody insult your mother and still be supporting such person.don't let be political in all cases because you should consider PEJ as somebody mother and you should know that you can accept it when somebody is talking to your mother any how like this. i think Prof. did not have a dame right to talk to another man wife like this.....to me, Prof. was wrong to talk like that but am not even worry more to that than how many people are still supporting Prof. when u know that it is not right.....believe me God will judge everyone of us one day.

People are blinded.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by ideylaff: 6:33pm On Jul 23, 2013
kingbang: Ole Soyinka needs a job. The person is bored and broke as hell.

Can we try and make some sense here please.

This is the same Prof, that used his grey hair and old age to walk in the Abuja sun to effect and see that Jonathan was not edged out by Turai and her cohorts when Yar Adua was half alive.

I know prof very well, he his a very comfortable man, he does not need millions to live his life.

This is a man that travels as light as a bird, no hangers on, security or what not

All Prof is saying is Dame needs to be put on a dogs leech and held back b4 she destroys her husbands tenure with her domestic wah sola

Prof does not talk much as I know him, but I'm sure he got riled by the Aso hangers on and d dames camp

So point of correction Prof is not hungry oooooo
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by kingbang: 6:52pm On Jul 23, 2013
ideylaff:

This is the same Prof, that used his grey hair and old age to walk in the Abuja sun to effect and see that Jonathan was not edged out by Turai and her cohorts when Yar Adua was half alive.

I know prof very well, he his a very comfortable man, he does not need millions to live his life.

This is a man that travels as light as a bird, no hangers on, security or what not

All Prof is saying is Dame needs to be put on a dogs leech and held back b4 she destroys her husbands tenure with her domestic wah sola

Prof does not talk much as I know him, but I'm sure he got riled by the Aso hangers on and d dames camp

Are you trying to justify verbally assaulting someone's wife and mother? What happened to decorum? What happened to Civility? What happened to constructive criticism? Don't make me start with you please.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2013
ideylaff:

why justify actions that you will be morally challenged with if it was your mother?
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by izzyeffizzy(f): 3:14am On Jul 24, 2013
Pls with all due respect.y is it that some pple don't breathe thru their nose but rather their anus.pple make mistakes.nobody is above it.y bring chinua achebe a dead man into this.even thou pej have problem with her english.I was expecting wole soyinka to do better than what he did.I hate politics but I think women deserve respect.and she is a married woman 4 that matter.calling her names is like equaling himself to her.he shldnt have gone that far.if you say somthing don't repeat urself hundred times to drive home ur lesson.they said a word is enough for the wise and since she isn't wise wat our great proffessor suppose to do is to ignore her or look for a better alternative than name calling.that's jst too low.way too low
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by 99cent: 3:18am On Jul 24, 2013
Ola Johnson: Wole Soyinka and his beautiful wife, Folakemi Soyinka (nee Doherty).

is that his 4th or 5th domestic appendage wife?
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by izzyeffizzy(f): 3:24am On Jul 24, 2013
I don't even like pej or gej for anything and ws I respect a lot but he knw try 4 this one @ all.abeg no dey support am.when all of una no say wetin him do no b am.and more over, he is jst generating more problems not solving them.he is not the only greatman in nigeria and pls stop being blind to facts.and shun against things that are not good.pls this is not a tribal war.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by EkoIle1: 3:55am On Jul 24, 2013

You obviously assumed that everybody's mother behaves like this crude, crass, inconsiderate, obnoxious, overbearing and selfish woman.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Another Fallen Hero Was Killed By Bokoharam Yesterday!! / Buhari, Jonathan Meet In Aso Rock / Osinbajo Lands At Anambra Int’l Airport As Soludo Received Him: Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.