Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo (14895 Views)

Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo / Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by TechyGuy: 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2013
ballabriggs: Why is it that when they talk about improved electricity supply, na only members of 40 laptop squad dey get this light?

Abeg where una office dey make I come collect house near there. MUHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

ANIMALS!!!

You sound more like a laptop squad yourself. Read my posts. Electricity has gone bad in my area, however, friends from Ogba, Alapere, Yaba confirmed otherwise.
It was a discussion I had today where a friend/colleague raised the topic about improvements in Alapere (This is before I logged on to the Internet and saw this thread).

My present area, just last month, I enjoyed electricity more than 16hrs until we had a major transformer problem that lasted up to a week. It was after then we started experiencing poor supply, which is still up to 10hrs daily.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Ninapha(f): 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2013
ballabriggs: Why is it that when they talk about improved electricity supply, na only members of 40 laptop squad dey get this light?

Abeg where una office dey make I come collect house near there. MUHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

ANIMALS!!!
for more than two weeks now, there has been constant light in my area in Anambra State, never had it so gud before.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
Wat r u guys arguing over. Light has to be good cos its rainy season. Y cant many of u comprehend. In 6 months time all of u will be crying no light. This govt is just playing with its people and the worst of it all the people r dancing to their tune. Its rainy season for phucks sake. Wat is so hard to understand abt that.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by UjSizzle(f): 3:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
I had 24hrs light on Sunday...was so scared.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by observer2020(m): 3:41pm On Jul 24, 2013
byrron: may thunder plus amadioha ft sango strike dat mouth d minister used in spreading such falsehood!
may he looses his job for that lie

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by hadtim: 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2013
Well he is partially saying the truth. Some days it will be more than while some days it will not be upto. But may God help u if ur transformer is bad. The community will have to contribute and buy if not no light. I stayed for 4 months without light wen our transformer was bad. We had to contribute and buy. It was really bad

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by jude33084(m): 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2013
dammytosh: [size=14pt]Yes he is right.

NIGERIANS ABROAD ENJOY 16 HOURS.

INCOMPETENT IGNORAMOUS NINCOMPOOP. angry angry angry angry angry

That is the same statistic they gave his excellency that made that one to Bleep up on cnn
[/size]

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 24, 2013
Yeye de smell.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by IYANGBALI: 3:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
Haba nigerian journalist why una dey misquote the man?he said 16 hours in a year and not in a day.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Rick9(m): 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2013
[size=48pt] Ahahaha Joke of the Year, Even Nepa Office use Generator...[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by deebrain(m): 3:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
datChelseaBoy: It is true! Don't crucify the man. Where I stay we had light from 3am in the morning to about 9:30pm yesterday. Is that not more than 16 hours? The man knows what he is saying. Nigerians always jump to conclusions without getting their facts right.

But that man's English na 1 million! Bekee bu agbara! Chei! cheesy

Oga please.16 hours out of 24 hours a day is a pass mark. But 16 hours in a once in a blue moon period like u said in yr testimony can be done by a good generator-it should not be commended. Thank u.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by MrOON: 3:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
If you're saying what the minister said is a lie, invariably, u're tagging urself a clown. That It doesn't happen in ur area doesn't mean it's no where in Nigeria. Where I live in satellite town lagos, it's more that 16hrs per day sometimes. What you have to do if you don't enjoy up to 16hrs is to check out what's wrong in ur area. Probably some impostors hijack your amenities down the channel.
word!
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by dfolan: 4:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
al-qaeda:
Wat r u guys arguing over. Light has to be good cos its rainy
season. Y cant many of u comprehend. In 6 months time all of u will be crying no light. This govt is just playing with its people and the worst of it all the people r dancing to their tune. Its rainy season for phucks sake. Wat is so hard to understand abt that.
u are so on point. correct
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 24, 2013
Nigeria is Sick.
GEJ is surrenderd by liers and rogues.
I hope GEJ won't join dem to dey lie sha?
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Oildichotomy(m): 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2013
TechyGuy:

The fact that you don't have electricity in your area or you don't support the present goverment should not be a reason to disagree with everything.
Read my previous post.
There are areas in Lagos that can boast of electricity up to 20hrs a day.
Ojodu in Lagos state has very good electricity, same with Alapere, Ogba, Yaba (Alagomeji area).
There are areas in Lagos were electricity is terrible no doubt, at least I know of Festac etc.
And you named five areas in Lagos to substantiate your claim? Even specifying a particular area in Yaba is pathetic enough. Still lies bro!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Picomon(m): 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2013
datChelseaBoy: It is true! Don't crucify the man. Where I stay we had light from 3am in the morning to about 9:30pm yesterday. Is that not more than 16 hours? The man knows what he is saying. Nigerians always jump to conclusions without getting their facts right.

But that man's English na 1 million! Bekee bu agbara! Chei! cheesy

Speak for yourself nigga.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by niggi4life(m): 4:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
I laugh at we nigerians, most people saying they have steady power supply for 16hrs are either clueless or just trying to fool themselves, how many area in nigeria can boast of steady 16hrs everyday for a whole month? Answer:none, even at Abuja they still take away the power, time is coming soon when people wont be able to take all this nonsense anymore, the revolution is goin to be the worst ever in the history of africa, the rich/affluent will realise that at that point thier wealth will be useless. Nigerians are slow to anger but when they do its going to be massacre

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by DURKHEIM: 4:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
This dimana na big fallacious homosapien. Na for im palè village 16hours power dey. Who is fooling who in this country?
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by ChristyIsaac: 4:14pm On Jul 24, 2013
Hmmm in port harcourt no light oh,they shd beter wake up
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by visalo: 4:24pm On Jul 24, 2013
byrron: may thunder plus amadioha ft sango strike dat mouth d minister used in spreading such falsehood!

You are a complete fool. do you know some area in this country enjoy up to 24hrs light. open your bad mouth and continue insulting your poverty striking head
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by TechyGuy: 4:29pm On Jul 24, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
And you named five areas in Lagos to substantiate your claim? Even specifying a particular area in Yaba is pathetic enough. Still lies bro!!

You see how you are misleading yourself? Substantiate which claim, am I the PA to the minister?
Like I said earlier, my area is not up to his 16hrs claim, not good enough but I have friends who brag about good electricity in their area, and even called my area a village in Lagos (lol). I have been to those areas and experienced it myself, thats why I mentioned them. I will not speak for where I don't know like most of you are doing here.
Why speak for the whole Nigeria like you live everywhere?
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by juman(m): 4:30pm On Jul 24, 2013
It obvious, one nigeria project has failed. 52 years of failure.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2013
i want to say it dat for over 2 weeks now,we've not seen any light around east west rd-rumuodara axis.it is pathetic hw ppl open their mouth in public and compose lies.i fear ooo
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by TechyGuy: 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2013
visalo:

You are a complete fool. do you know some area in this country enjoy up to 24hrs light. open your bad mouth and continue insulting your poverty striking head
My brother I tire for some of this kids. When I lived in the North, in the same area where I live, an estate had 24hrs and I had like 3hrs a day. I was told they have VIP LINE that you had to pay 3million and purchase a mini transformer to connect to the line.
this happens in Nigeria. We need to understand that the real problem is PHCN/NEPA (which is member of Labour Union) and not the government totally.
When Barth was around we saw drastic improvements and what did they do? They forced him out and here's where it brought us. And the so called, NUC and TUC will never protest except it comes to their salary issue.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Oildichotomy(m): 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2013
TechyGuy:

You see how you are misleading yourself? Substantiate which claim, am I the PA to the minister?
Like I said earlier, my area is not up to his 16hrs claim, not good enough but I have friends who brag about good electricity in their area, and even called my area a village in Lagos (lol). I have been to those areas and experienced it myself, thats why I mentioned them. I will not speak for where I don't know like most of you are doing here.
Why speak for the whole Nigeria like you live everywhere?
And what have you said exactly?
Read again and come out with a point, you went gallivanting with semantics!
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Btruth: 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
To be honest, I wouldn't blame the man sha. Once he is seeing light in his house (be it PHCN or MIKANO) for 24 hrs; he will assume all is well with electricity in the nation. Agbaya, opuro-oshi, ole!

Come to think about the missing or stolen transformers, is transformer something that is so small to carry? or is it not the PHCN staff that knows about the installations that will know how to remove it? You all be deceiving yourself. Bunch of thieves.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Emfash(m): 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
Inside Aso rock?
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
[quote
author=k.style]16hrs?abeg mk dis man com stay dey rumudara 4 ph.na once
in 16mnths dem dey c lyk.wait o....wats so difficult 2 provide 24hrs
uninteruptd pwr supply?do we hav d moni 2 finance it?yes!do we hav d
labour 2 carry out d projct?yes....do we nid d pwr supply 4
24hrs?yes.....wat pains me is dat we knw we hav a problem,we hav d
resources 2 solve it but som rutabagas hav chosen 2 sabotage dis
zangas.*in tony tetuila's voice......e go beta*[/quote]

my broda i stay in de same area too,if not dat our gen is always on frm 6:30-12,i wonda how it wold be.PH of all places.TUFIaKWA
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by andyanders: 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2013

Thank you for giving out the response I had wanted to give to the useless minister. Where is the said light whereby I have been running my gen for the past 6 months without a single flash light.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by TechyGuy: 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
And what have you said exactly?
Read again and come out with a point, you went gallivanting with semantics!

Let me try and help you.

I don't enjoy up to 16hrs a day, I have friends that do and brag about it, also teasing me.

Therefore, I cannot say electricity is poor in Nigeria.
I can say it is in my area. In some areas it has improved and still improving.
I just hope my area does soon enough like the minister claims.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by osbornfotovideo: 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
my minister, I just want to let you know that we've not had light for the past 4 days, my office generator is still on 4rum 7:45 am till now.This morning my wife told me to pity the small genset. So tell me how you got your 16 hour
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by chucky234(m): 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
This Nebo will not cease to amaze me ooo
The same man who on the 23rd of June confirmed that we only have 2,150MW electricity generation now want to confuse Nigerians otherwise, what a deluded chronic goon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari Opens New Library With Her ACE Charity Team / Aregbesola Compensates Farmers & Land Owners Affected By Road Construction / Patience Jonathan Must Forfeit $15m - EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.