Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo (14901 Views)

Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo / Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by solacec4t(f): 5:01pm On Jul 24, 2013
For real? Which area of the country please? 16-hours electricity supply? i think he meant generator supply.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by chucky234(m): 5:05pm On Jul 24, 2013
TechyGuy:

Let me try and help you.

I don't enjoy up to 16hrs a day, I have friends that do and brag about it, also teasing me.

Therefore, I cannot say electricity is poor in Nigeria.
I can say it is in my area. In some areas it has improved and still improving.
I just hope my area does soon enough like the minister claims.
Gullible goon
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by DSP1: 5:07pm On Jul 24, 2013
He should go n ask pple leaving in Akute......u bring lyt once in 3days n its even midnight u give dem lyt and take it early morning yet u say 16hrs a day....better do dt research well
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Talk2david1(m): 5:08pm On Jul 24, 2013
16 hours 4 where? If no b 4 generator, we 4 dey c light?
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Oildichotomy(m): 5:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
TechyGuy:

Let me try and help you.

I don't enjoy up to 16hrs a day, I have friends that do and brag about it, also teasing me.

Therefore, I cannot say electricity is poor in Nigeria.
I can say it is in my area. In some areas it has improved and still improving.
I just hope my area does soon enough like the minister claims.
Now i see you're a bit confused.
A minister came out and said ''Nigerians (including YOU) enjoy 16hours of electricity daily, instead of you owning up and saying how you don't enjoy up to what the minister hallucinated about
You based your judgement on what your 'friends' who supposedly enjoy up to that hours.
Contradicting yourself, left, right and center.
Damn... Nigerians need to wake up and smell the coffee or else these lies would continue unabated.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by shanktang(m): 5:20pm On Jul 24, 2013
Maxymilliano: Guess he meant 16hrs per week coz the much touted improvement in power supply is not available everywhere ...

I'm sure wat u meant was 16 hours a month
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by edydeyemi(m): 5:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
I tink d 16hrs started 2day in my area bariga......abeg mk e no stop o coz am enjoyin every bit of 2day @ home
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by TechyGuy: 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
Now i see you're a bit confused.
A minister came out and said ''Nigerians (including YOU) enjoy 16hours of electricity daily, instead of you owning up and saying how you don't enjoy up to what the minister hallucinated about
You based your judgement on what your 'friends' who supposedly enjoy up to that hours.
Contradicting yourself, left, right and center.
Damn... Nigerians need to wake up and smell the coffee or else these lies would continue unabated.

My post was never to defend the minister in any way. In fact HE IS WRONG/NAIVE TO THINK ALL NIGERIANS enjoy 16hrs electricity.
It was because a lot of people who may not have good electricity conclude its the same everywhere and call names, those who say they have good electricity in their area.
My stand is some people do! And I am hoping my area improves too, like it used to be when Barth was minister.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by seangy4konji: 5:35pm On Jul 24, 2013
Mr Minister....What kind of weed do you smokewould like to take that shit and dance alingo to my favorite filling station to get pet for d gen.mad man
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Kbraims(m): 5:49pm On Jul 24, 2013
Guy u wan 4uk up,na only ur area wey get light 4rm 3-9 be 9ja!
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by ooshinibos: 5:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
Dear Editor..
I dreamt about Nigeria and the dream unfolded like this..

Nigeria has efficient roads, rail and air transport facilities and services. The road network has been significantly modernized in recent years with 147 km of motorways connecting the capital to adjacent cities and countries. The advent of the high-speed train link to Abuja and Major Nigerian cities has led to renovation of the city's railway station while a new passenger terminal at Abuja and Lagos Airport has recently been opened. There are plans to introduce trams in the capital and light-rail lines in adjacent areas within the next few years.
The telecommunications ,electricity and water engineering industry in Nigeria is liberalized and the electronic communications networks are significantly developed. Competition between the different operators is guaranteed by the legislative framework Paquet of the Government which transposes the AfricanTelecom Directives into Nigeria law.

CCTV has been installed in public areas to enhance security of its citizens and tourist
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Kbraims(m): 5:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
Na only God go judge dis man 4 my area i don use more dan a week no light!
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by greatestman(m): 6:06pm On Jul 24, 2013
geeez: Nigerians in Nigeria or in the Diaspora?

Millions of Nigerians are not even connected to the national grid

Millions of Nigerian homes and offices are powered by generators for more than 16hrs each day

My question is: Why lie?
even for NEPA office they are using generator I am currently doing my IT with them

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by obas01(m): 6:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
ojubi:
U will never know a Nigerian until u give him a political appointment and immediately his paradign will change and the government will become a saint.

Country of Hipocrits.

U hit the point #Gbam .
So , neva to mind those who come here to Support this corrupt governance .
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Dee60: 7:01pm On Jul 24, 2013
In Nigeria, 5 is greater than 27 and 16 greater than 19...so therefore 18 minutes of power supply is also equal to 18 hours! QED!
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Demdem(m): 7:01pm On Jul 24, 2013
Ninapha: very pathetic of u. U call Prof. Chinedu Nebo such name, guard ur future bros, name calling awaits us all some day.

Very stupid of u. Who and what is nebo that can be called names? Isn't he the one that made this foolish statement.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by hob(m): 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
Definitely this man has smoked pot before he gave this speech..16hrs ma foot
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Skmoda360(m): 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2013
byrron: may thunder plus amadioha ft sango strike dat mouth d minister used in spreading such falsehood!
God go punish his generation from his head till the fourth...bastard
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by LobsanRampa(m): 7:34pm On Jul 24, 2013
May God punish you for telling lies
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by lamp5: 7:36pm On Jul 24, 2013
Who are they selling those transformer to and Who are those that are buying from them? My opinion is that if their is enough transformer in those area or in Nigeria inwhole,there will be buying and selling of such product.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by andyanders: 7:54pm On Jul 24, 2013
Na electricity will kill the minister and his group.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Olurock(m): 8:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
16hrs of light? Nothing can be far from the truth may be the minister is merely telling us the light situation in Aso rock " a de fi yen"
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by tunde1200(m): 8:10pm On Jul 24, 2013
byrron: may thunder plus amadioha ft sango strike dat mouth d minister used in spreading such falsehood!

God bless u jare the man dey crazy small
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by deledan: 8:30pm On Jul 24, 2013
It is ridiculous that 16 hours power supply out of 24 hours in a day is called enjoyment! Why is Nigeria not building nuclear energy with its power boosting capacities and technological advancement remains a mystery! Even poor country like Bangladesh are building nuclear power.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by deledan: 8:32pm On Jul 24, 2013
lamp5: Who are they selling those transformer to and Who are those that are buying from them? My opinion is that if their is enough transformer in those area or in Nigeria inwhole,there will be buying and selling of such product.

The same employees and staff of the electricity company are involved in those cases of theft.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by MizKwin: 8:34pm On Jul 24, 2013
grin,I laf in spanish tune,16hrs Gues he meant his confined street,kudos 2 work well done
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 24, 2013
we have always enjoyed steady power supply(24/7).
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by gsainttrinity(m): 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
if the government of Nigeria is serious about electricity generation... they should ban the use of generators at home... that machine is evil in the nigerian society. people are dieing from the smoke the noise is intolerable....
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by JoelFelix(m): 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
nawa for dis man oooh. ebi lyk say d man no no wetin e dey talk i no blame am .
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by emcemayo: 9:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
the thing na true for my area improvement dey
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by rabbit13467: 9:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
You are a bloodily liar .. you dang for real
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Rhema0011: 9:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
I think we should be used to these lies by the people in governance by now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Beautiful Wife(photo) / Ebonyi State Government Holds Thanksgiving Service (photos) / ISWAP Collecting Taxes, Zakat In Borno; Farmers, Other Residents Paying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.