Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo (14886 Views)

Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo / Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by ayusco85(m): 9:30pm On Jul 24, 2013
we get light for almost 24hrs in my area
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 24, 2013
Lobsan Rampa: May God punish you for telling lies
Relocate to abuja(wuse2,maitama,asokoro) where you wil pay 4million p.a, for a flat then you will enjoy 24/7 power supply from PHCN or you keep quiet.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 24, 2013
Lobsan Rampa: May God punish you for telling lies
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by fastlane84: 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
This prof is right to an extent....many areas in Onitsha enjoy more than 16hrs of nepa a day.... Except when there is a fault, then we can go on 4 days without nepa. But once the fault is rectified, power come back to normal(hours of uninterrupted P.S).
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
For those in the not so popular towns in Nigeria, they have more than that supply of electricity.

For those in popular cities for example Lagos, it is a different story. Since this month it has been nothing more than eight hours supply of electricity where I stay in Lagos.

I don't see what the minister said as a lie but it isn't necessarily the whole truth.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Mayor46(m): 11:22pm On Jul 24, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Really? So what have you guys decided to do about this?

This country sef! How can a goverment body be losing infrastructure left right and center like this without any checks by the police force.

How long will it take a group of people to uproot a transformer, and then carry it away?

In that time, isn't there a system (maybe a control room), that would alert you to the fact that one transformer has just gone offline?

Now switch over to Police Force for a sec. Shouldn't police be located at strategic points throughout a state, and be on active patrol?

If coordinated correctly, shouldn't the police force be able to respond to vandalism of such high proportions within record time to be able to prevent such acts?

These leaders should fix my country for crying out loud.

No mind that stupid minister we dey lie for us, for my area we dey happy like say we win lotto if we see light dem come they wash us for here. Na all of them useless phcn, police,
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by debbleopto: 11:30pm On Jul 24, 2013
luvinhubby: I concur, for my area in Ebute-Metta Lagos, it's like 18hrs now.

at ikeja area that should be around 6 hours on the average. Actually all the book dem read na so so theory full am
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by kid7soccer(m): 11:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
O boy see lie na, dis man na confirm mugu 16hr light ur i wonderland i guess, we jus try to came out from 3weks total blackout in calabar
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Picomon(m): 11:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
Cajetan speaks: Relocate to abuja(wuse2,maitama,asokoro) where you wil pay 4million p.a, for a flat then you will enjoy 24/7 power supply from PHCN or you keep quiet.

I know wan yab u, but your comment daft. Why must he relocate before he can enjoy constant power supply?

That's stupid. Don't tell him to keep quiet, let him voice out his mind. Learn to speak for yourself nigga.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by adconline(m): 11:49pm On Jul 24, 2013
Another proof to show that Nigeria cannot be salvaged because Imams and Ministers lie
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by enny5: 12:08am On Jul 25, 2013
even if its 16 hours per week, it that supposed to be. Instead of him to hide his face. What is 'enjoy' doing in the sentence?
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by princejude(m): 4:07am On Jul 25, 2013
In my area (Kaduna) we have light more than 16hours everyday. But if anything happen to your line such as transformer or cable issue sorry...
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Irugboo(m): 6:44am On Jul 25, 2013
Look at his mouth,where and where the light is up to 16hrs,i dnt blame u,u minister how much did they offer u to say this. My prayer is dat all the power stations,gas plants will be destroyed in jesus name Amen
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by debbleopto: 7:06am On Jul 25, 2013
luvinhubby: I concur, for my area in Ebute-Metta Lagos, it's like 18hrs now.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by palugycolina(m): 7:33am On Jul 25, 2013
please you people should not blame him..he is in maitama..atleast he sees light for almost 18 hours a day..so that should be his yard stick
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by macherie1: 7:35am On Jul 25, 2013
Lies Lies Lies. How do we expect electricity supply to improve when the minister is confused about the true status of things.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by akinvictorak: 8:14am On Jul 25, 2013
Me am just ashame of the 8hrs supply they give daily...... Its always 4hrs in the 'am' & 4hrs for the 'pm'.
But its everyday sha & its calculate-able.
But I think we deserve more!!!!

-Akure Ondo State!
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by maybel(m): 8:52am On Jul 25, 2013
geeez: Nigerians in Nigeria or in the Diaspora?

Millions of Nigerians are not even connected to the national grid

Millions of Nigerian homes and offices are powered by generators for more than 16hrs each day

My question is: Why lie?
You spoke my mind. I'm sure he meant to say Nigerians in diaspora.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by jackbristow(m): 8:56am On Jul 25, 2013
okay,is like only abuja and lagos u poeple are talking about what of edo state[benin].we no get light 4 ugborwo oo
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Olaolufred(m): 9:02am On Jul 25, 2013
Cajetan speaks: Relocate to abuja(wuse2,maitama,asokoro) where you wil pay 4million p.a, for a flat then you will enjoy 24/7 power supply from PHCN or you keep quiet.

OK. YOU MEAN TO SAY THE MINISTER WAS REFERING TO ONLY ABUJA?
I SEE.
DEFINE THE ABUJA HE IS REFERING TO. HOPE GWAGWALADA,KUBWA ETAL ARE NOT INCLUDED.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by husleleks: 10:10am On Jul 25, 2013
well I don't blame minister of power because is one of the jegudujera. God will judge them all .
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by DanTrizy(m): 11:49am On Jul 25, 2013
D minister right, cos am enjoyin 18yrs of light per day in makurdi @nyiman layout. Criusly am damn flabbergasted n diz z bout 5daes now.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Olaolufred(m): 11:57am On Jul 25, 2013
DanTrizy: D minister right, cos am enjoyin 18yrs of light per day in makurdi @nyiman layout. Criusly am damn flabbergasted n diz z bout 5daes now.

18 YEARS LIGHT IN ONE DAY?

YOU ARE A LIAR LIKE NEBO.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 25, 2013
Picomon:

I know wan yab u, but your comment daft. Why must he relocate before he can enjoy constant power supply?

That's stupid. Don't tell him to keep quiet, let him voice out his mind. Learn to speak for yourself nigga.
Dnt mind the fool, probably he's a security guard in that area that's why he's making such a daft statement!! Why should I pay 4million/anum just to enjoy electricity, after 50years of independence!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by tgbaba(m): 1:18pm On Jul 25, 2013
In fact e no go beta for liar. Mtcheew undecided
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by johnstin(m): 1:31pm On Jul 25, 2013
Why do most of our government officials prevaricate so brazenly? I hope some of his relatives who aren't living with him at his residence that enjoys 16 hours/day can summon the courage to tell him the truth to his face. I bet they can't(awoof money don finish be that). Mr. Power Minister, nigerians deserve some respect!
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by kelvinnn(m): 1:33pm On Jul 25, 2013
If I hear, maybe in his dream
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by Mendo007(m): 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2013
Nebo is right.....we do experience 16hrs light bt dat only happens in our dreams and thats when we are having a good dream when sleepin because in our every bad dreams check it PHCN has a role 2 play..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by yelnatsuno(m): 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2013
Its evident that we have terrible liars in government. Sincerity is far from their lips.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by olumuyiolaoluwa: 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
Ask him, Does he have 8 hrs light in his home town Mteew.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by dasparrow: 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2013
@Post

Why is this man lying through his teeth? Where I live, we have not had light for 2 weeks. They only brought light this evening and God knows how long the light will be on before they take the light again.
Re: Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo by blackbeau1(f): 7:47pm On Jul 25, 2013
I don't know about other states,or even other streets in my state but I can confidently say I have @ least 20 hours of uninterrupted power supply in my area

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Ikpeazu Sacks SSG, Commissioners And Over 200 Aides / Sagay To APC: Stop Tarnishing Lagos CP, Imohimi Edgal's Image / Election: APC Speaks On Kwara Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.