Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,828 members, 7,837,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers (27077 Views)

Biafra: Court Provides Barricade For Witnesses Against Kanu [PHOTOS] / El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State / Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by ROYALD(m): 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2013
YORUBA PROPAGANDA MACHINE
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by lastpage: 3:10pm On Jul 29, 2013
PointB: Fashola is making rapid progress. From the lowly flower planter to Okada chaser. Now he's step up the plate to Igbo deporter, which is just a shade away from Igbo hater.

Training one or two Igbo hawkers will not atone for his malicious deportation of 67.
We shall not forget this gesture.

Too much puffing, huffing and chest-beating! grin grin
Stop whipping-up negative sentiments and emotions.

On a practical note, you can only "politically muscle your way around" if you have the numbers.
Just like the Afro-American and Latinos are able to do in the U.S.
That is what they call "King-maker"!!

Now, looking at the demographics, the Igbos in Lagos dont account for up to 15% of the TOTAL population of Lagos state..
.... and that is if most of them are bothered enough to leave their wares/buying and selling, to go and register and get a voters card!

So, "switching support" to PDP for example, (for debate purposes only) will only garner the PDP a few more votes but they will still lose the election.
......(I am saying this because you would realize that the voting pattern in Lagos is heavily-skewed in favor of the winning party (A.C), to the ratio of like 85% - 15%.)

And then you will have to bear the consequence of being relegated to the status of "an opposition tribe", in Lagos!
That, my friend, is not a palatable thing to imagine o! shocked shocked

The Igbos have to get out of this self-inflicted "They hate us syndrome"!
Nobody hates you! ...but you must remember that "(Your) Action and the Reaction (of others to your action), is EQUAL and OPPOSITE". .....Newtons First Law with a human face!

Show love... and you will receive love from others.
Show respect and decorum ...and you will be showered with same.
Show honesty and decency ...and you can bet that it will flow back to you.
This is what is expected of "migrants', in a host community.

But Keep hating and denigrating others.... and you will have same, in full measure, plus extra!
wink
Its just natural.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by lastpage: 3:59pm On Jul 29, 2013
Onlytruth: This is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard of; that someone is trained and then forcefully deported or removed from a state within his/her own country.

No matter how one dresses up poo, it still stinks!

I'm happy that some folks have articulately discussed the issue of Federal funds which flowed freely (in the past, and still funds) to build key infrastructure in Lagos: IBB bridge (third mainland bridge) quickly comes to mind as a good example.
The other issue is tax money coming from rich and successful non-indigenes of Lagos who fund the government, only for poor people from their origin states to be sent packing.

In this life, chaos and anarchy is very easy to achieve, while sanity,order, justice and fairness are always very hard.
When this anarchy spreads to other parts of Nigeria, folks should remember who started it.

Stop spreading malicious rumor and hatred!

THE PROCESS THAT LED TO THE REPATRIATION OF THESE UNDESIRABLE ELEMENTS IS WELL DOCUMENTED IN "naptu's post", a few pages back!
I know you have read it but still prefers to incite hatred .... and you'll be the first to whine and moan that Yorubas hate you! shocked shocked

For avoidance of doubt, here is the summary:

1.) There is a law in place banning begging and street trading (Its so everywhere in the civilized world).
2.) Govt apprehends OFFENDERS and give them the option to Train them with useful skills that they can live on.
3.) Those who chose to avail of these benefit are taken to the various SKILL CENTRES scattered all over Lagos.
4.) They are trained and given Skills like Furniture making, Auto Mechanic, Baking, Screen Printing, to name a few.
5.) On finishing their training, Fashola then gives them 250,000 to start their business and move-on with life, in a dignified manner.
6.) Some despite the efforts of fashola to improve their life, are too greedy and criminally minded to live with dignity!
7.) These criminally minded ones SQUANDER the seed-money they are given on all sorts of frivolities and vices like "baba'jebu or pools-betting".
8.) Because they use the hawking and street begging as "a cover for criminality like robbery", they are eager to return to the streets to start "pretending to be "beggars and hawkers" while in actual fact, some of them are informants for armed robbers!

IT IS THESE GROUP OF MISCREANTS THAT FASHOLA HAS REPATRIATED.... AFTER TRYING ALL POSSIBLE BEST FOR THEM BUT THEY JUST DONT WANT TO LIVE A DECENT LIFE!

This is NOT THE SAME as the inciting and hateful picture you're painting!
Lagos cannot forever be a "dumping ground" for all sorts of miscreants and shady characters.

Hardworking Igbos are ever and will forever be welcomed and co-exist with others in lagos... and Yoruba land in general.
That is who we are; VERY HOSPITABLE AND ENLIGHTENED NATION.

Probably, if they go back to their "states of origin" where there is not much for them to rob in slow traffic, maybe they would take to farming or even appreciate what "Lagos" has done for them.

BTW: If anyone feels this is so bad, why dont you folks prevail on your own state Governor in the EASTERN STATES, to give these deportees a "Better option" in their "home states in the East? ...instead of expending so much energy on criticizing "others"
Or you think they ran away from Igbo land because life was very decent and dignified for them? Just look in the MIRROR, for once.

Abeegi joor.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by lastpage: 4:13pm On Jul 29, 2013
In fact, "Nairaland" is like Lagos state in some ways!

Igbos would insult Yorubas and Seun Osewa to no end yet it is still this same Nairaland (owned by a Yoruba!) that they will all run to, even as far as to conduct "Eze Ndigbo Of Nairaland Elections"!
****shakes head in astonishment****

You hate something, you criticize and lambast it,....yet, you do not provide a better option, not even for your own very self!
We must all learn to put our "money" where our "mouth" is, as it is often said.

We might not be a perfect nation/people, but as Yorubas, we try very hard to attain perfection!
We focus more on ourselves, in this process of "self-evaluation, self criticism and self development" .... and we expect other tribes to do the same!.....

......Not expending all their time and energy on criticizing Yorubas and calling us names when they themselves are still way-behind!
Or why do you think they cant stay in the East and develop the place.... since Lagos ceased to be a Federal capital?

We love other tribes including the Igbos but "Love is reciprocal and Hospitality is a virtue that should not be abused.... by good "guests".

Lastpage!
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by ebankole: 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2013
berem: wahala dey o!

i think the best way for Seun to deal with E-war issue is to have a discussion with all his mod etc to delete all tribal comments so far in NL-and adopt bannin any insultive,insultive comment henceforth-alot is hapenin ofline as a result of these on NL-
google anytin e-war al u see NL
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by ebankole: 4:58pm On Jul 29, 2013
ROYALD: YORUBA PROPAGANDA MACHINE

how easy for you to point a finger.
u are guity as them.

pot calling kettle black.
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by naptu2: 5:05pm On Jul 29, 2013
The latest (courtesy of Berem)

Fashola Saves Unclad Man,Gives Him 100k
https://www.nairaland.com/1376916/fashola-saves-unclad-mangives-him
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Ammanda(f): 9:44pm On Jul 29, 2013
Arysexy:

chk out this, my offence was that i questioned y such tribally denigrating thread like dis should be in d front page, they only modified d topic and delete all response from igbos with bans n left the yoruba vomits. Am nt bothered, NL does not feed me, but i will always say my mind against this rubbish going on here

that' the trend now
I've experienced the same thing
We still dey
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by vivalavida(m): 11:15am On Aug 08, 2013
If you think banning me means u have silenced me,you are wrong. you for kukuma ban me forever

Proudly igbo

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ajimobi Meets APC Governorship Aspirants (Photos) / MURIC Denies Receiving N200,000 From ISWAP / Complete List Of Lagos State House Of Assembly Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.