Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,598 members, 7,851,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:28 PM

Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers (27121 Views)

Biafra: Court Provides Barricade For Witnesses Against Kanu [PHOTOS] / El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State / Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Evestar200(f): 4:23pm On Jul 28, 2013
Policewoman: My dear i have been on this forum long enough to know who always takes the first jab at the other. Pray tell me the meaning of this post? Why put IBO boldly on the frontpage as if they are the only ones hawking in lagos? I just don't get it. I am just here to set the records straight because i hate it when other people always look for other peoples trouble and when they respond in kind they call them tribalistic. For your info im not even from the southeast, but let the truth be said.
i knw what u trying to say dear,,,,they are lovely and friendly pple bt this place called Lagos has blindfold their eyes and make them to be biased and sentimental
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 28, 2013
patmaine:

u believe a government establishment in Lagos will favor an igbo man.
why not? If Lagos government establishment does not favour igbos, why are igbos still in lagos? there would have been mass Exodus of igbos from lagos back to alaigbo. As far as am concerned Lagos is the safest place to do business by Igbos. stop hating my friend!!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by dangiwa09(m): 4:31pm On Jul 28, 2013
9icest: A friend went to Alausa to bail out a neighbor who was arrested by KAI officials the process that made him witness the good intentions of Lagos State Govt for the people including IBOs, and non-Ibos. The scales had since fell from his face. Here is his report:

The man in question, among many other detained road-hawkers, and beggars, hawks face towels & handkerchiefs in traffic and -he hails from Enugu (Abakpa Nike) he was made to go through a 6 months training in indoor decorations making with others. He was given N250k loan after his period of apprenticeship, some were deported but only after been provided with survival skills other than hawking and begging. The man now make curtains for a living. The beautiful part of this 'epistles' is that he's doing so well now, well connected to the extent that he makes curtains for government officials in his state. I'm not against people trooping in into the state afterall there's strength in population one of the many secrets of China but they should just make themselves useful and exploit numerous available opportunity provided by Govt. I dont understand the incredible hatred the IBOs have against my tribe. Last year, the girl who won the 24 hours governor competition was an IBO girl. Please, stop the venom....HAS ANY OF YOUR STATE GOVERNMENT DONE SUCH FOR SOMEONE FROM THE SW!

[b]The IGBO people do NOT hate anyone, especially Yorubas. It's well demonstrated in the IGBOs ability to live in any part of Nigeria peacefully, learn their language and cultures, and even marry there and bring up a family. Rather, it's other tribes, especially the Yorubas that hate IGBOs, from the days of Awolowo, to this day. Fashola, on the other hand is an outlier to this fact. He's doing what is politically, economically and morally expedient for him, AC and Lagos State. Do not forget, people VOTE where they reside and registered, not necessarily in their forefather's state. Tinubu had a long standing agreement/understanding with IGBOs regarding their support, IGBOs insisted on having a say in government, and an enabling environment to do their business and live their lives, this is why the most influential person in Lagos state government BESIDES the governor is an IGBO man, BEN AKABUEZE, he has been so from the days of Tinubu till today. In exchange, the IGBOs will support AC. If NOT, the IGBOs can easily shift the political landscape of Lagos State and give PDP an edge.
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by PointB: 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2013
Fashola is making rapid progress. From the lowly flower planter to Okada chaser. Now he's step up the plate to Igbo deporter, which is just a shade away from Igbo hater.

Training one or two Igbo hawkers will not atone for his malicious deportation of 67. We shall not forget this gesture.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by dangiwa09(m): 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2013
Evestar200: i knw what u trying to say dear,,,,they are lovely and friendly pple bt this place called Lagos has blindfold their eyes and make them to be biased and sentimental
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
Fools. So oily soup now attracts a ban yeah? Cowards
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by delors(m): 4:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
9icest: A friend went to Alausa to bail out a neighbor who was arrested by KAI officials the process that made him witness the good intentions of Lagos State Govt for the people including IBOs, and non-Ibos. The scales had since fell from his face. Here is his report:

The man in question, among many other detained road-hawkers, and beggars, hawks face towels & handkerchiefs in traffic and -he hails from Enugu (Abakpa Nike) he was made to go through a 6 months training in indoor decorations making with others. He was given N250k loan after his period of apprenticeship, some were deported but only after been provided with survival skills other than hawking and begging. The man now make curtains for a living. The beautiful part of this 'epistles' is that he's doing so well now, well connected to the extent that he makes curtains for government officials in his state. I'm not against people trooping in into the state afterall there's strength in population one of the many secrets of China but they should just make themselves useful and exploit numerous available opportunity provided by Govt. I dont understand the incredible hatred the IBOs have against my tribe. Last year, the girl who won the 24 hours governor competition was an IBO girl. Please, stop the venom....HAS ANY OF YOUR STATE GOVERNMENT DONE SUCH FOR SOMEONE FROM THE SW!
God bless my person! They keep saying Yorubas are not accommodating yet 65% of Lagos markets are dominated by Ibos. Hausas are everywhere in Lagos doing their business...But others do not do this for Yorubas...I tire o
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by delors(m): 4:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
Again, why hiding all these comments? This thread was opened so people could voice their opinions...The Nigerian way, too obsessed with everything...MODs and the Oga should wake up and stop acting like 14yos.
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
PointB: Fashola is making rapid progress. From the lowly flower planter to Okada chaser. Now he's step up the plate to Igbo deporter, which is just a shade away from Igbo hater.

Training one or two Igbo hawkers will not atone for his malicious deportation of 67. We shall not forget this gesture .
mtcheeew..who send you before undecided
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by sarutobie(m): 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
delors: Again, why hiding all these comments? This thread was opened so people could voice their opinions...The Nigerian way, too obsessed with everything...MODs and the Oga should wake up and stop acting like 14yos.
You can keep your bigoted and venomous opinions to yourself

1 Like

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by kalunomics(m): 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
aryzgreat:

Enugu state govt appointed one Festus Adedayo in their cabinet.So? wia do u belong nne?
The erstwhile governor of Imo state - (which you, berem claimed to hail from), Ikedi Ohakim, had a yoruba man in his entourage. So, ina akuru anyi ka ina akuru ha?
We're already redeeming Hnsogbe now... Remaining you and garri!
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by DonaldGenes(m): 5:41pm On Jul 28, 2013
#grabs_a_pack_of_pop_corn
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by bankyblue(m): 6:06pm On Jul 28, 2013
patmaine:

didn't amaechi give ojb some dollar the othe day

His Amaechi from south east?

And note! Amaechi did that in other to get the pity of the public.
because of the ongoing fight btw him and GEJ
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by bankyblue(m): 6:09pm On Jul 28, 2013
MOD, is better u just delete this topic.

What is all this 'this post as been hidden' it sucks.
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by ebankole: 6:14pm On Jul 28, 2013
what a day reading all the comments here- some beating chest,some making noises,some making and contributing sensitively,some lamenting,some even to the extent of breaking or crying....
o ma se o

Nap2 keep it coming o ga re....
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Dibiachukwu: 6:15pm On Jul 28, 2013
PointB: Fashola is making rapid progress. From the lowly flower planter to Okada chaser. Now he's step up the plate to Igbo deporter, which is just a shade away from Igbo hater.

Training one or two Igbo hawkers will not atone for his malicious deportation of 67. We shall not forget this gesture.
Wait till they see all their almajiri beggars all over aba; under the bridge in lagos. Some of these clowns have let small mindedness becloud common sense.
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by ebankole: 6:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
grin grin grin

chest beating everywhere na wa ooooooooooo
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by 1oracle(m): 6:27pm On Jul 28, 2013

I am sure too much consumption of ewedu and that black thing called amala have damaged your brain to the extent that you don't know the meaning of one hypocritical Nigeria again. You should be ashamed to bring in the great IGBOS in this useless and meaningless super story of yours. The problem of many useless fools from yoruba land is how to tarnish the good image of the GREAT IGBOS.
Whatsoever Fashola did in lagos is for Nigerians and not for the GREAT IGBOS.
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by slimmygold1(f): 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2013
Even wit dis generosity frm Fashola will dis ibos guys stop dealing wit drugs frm hum n abroad.God bless fashola Amen

1 Like

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by emekatimsu(m): 6:36pm On Jul 28, 2013
so the OP finally removed the the IBO.
This is meant to be an interactive and educative forum. People should stop bringing up tribal sentiment into this forum. Am sure if Seun had restricted this forum for only a particulyr tribe,it wont be as educative as it is.
Pls STOP hating other tribes, you never choose to be from the tribe where you saw yourself from birth,it could have been any tribe or country.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by ebankole: 6:39pm On Jul 28, 2013
grin still blabbbbbin shoutin even after the topic has been changed?

no be small thing ooooo
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by cjrane: 6:39pm On Jul 28, 2013
When Gov. Peter Obi of Anambra State, donated 10 plots of land to Yoruba and hausa people in Onitsha for their business, it was easily everywhere and reported widely. This happened in "Village" Anambra,yet it was all over the news.Lagos is deveoped,so news about lagos must be heard even in heaven!

https://www.nairaland.com/1350737/group-lauds-obi-over-land

Fashola did this and that for Igbos?
O.K, i agree, but where is the article? Or is it just another shameless ACN propaganda from our shofisticated brodas?

SOURCE: [size=60pt]?[/size]
Some really shameless LIARS insulting our sensibility!
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by 1oracle(m): 6:43pm On Jul 28, 2013
sarutobie:
You can keep your bigoted and venomous opinions to yourself
Then the moderator that allowed this useless and meaningless thread to be on the front page is the highest and biggest bigot ever to exist on earth. Any useless post that will tarnish the image of the Igbos easily makes the front page but then latter many post will be hidden especially those posts that insults the yorubas.
Shame on the so called moderators on Nairaland.com that sees nothing wrong on threads like this before bringing it on the front page.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by 1oracle(m): 6:47pm On Jul 28, 2013
cjrane: When Gov. Obi donated 10 plots of land to Yoruba and hausa for their business in Onitsha, it was easily everywhere and reported widely. This happened in "Village" Anambra,yet it was all over the news.Lagos is deveoped,so news about lagos must be heard even in heaven!

Fashola did this and that for Igbos?
O.K, i agree, Where is the article?

SOURCE: [size=60pt]?[/size]
Some really shameless LIARS insulting our sensibility!
Never mind the useless bigot and his foolish moderator collaborator whose only aim and soul of existence is to tarnish the image of the GREAT IGBOS.
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Smooyis(m): 6:49pm On Jul 28, 2013
chidyhels: And when did hawking become a crime?
They prefer them stealing and living big ba? Afterall everyone in lagos has to be rich. SMH
Hawking on major highways is not good and its very risky my broda. Lets not critizise with hatred seeing no good in whatever a yoruba man does. Lagos state is the most liberal state in terms of its welcoming attitude towards other tribes. Lots and lots of igbos are in the employ of the state govt occupying good positions. Let us give credit to who credit is due and stop being myopic and unneccessarily critical of Fashola simply because he is a yoruba.
I am not an ACN apologist but Fasholla remains one of the brightest, result oriented, charismatic leaders Nigeria has ever had.
Lagos state has its own laws and no one is above it.
If anyone is not ready to abide by the laws of the land, he or she should ready to face stiff penalty or return back to his or her state where illegallity is condorned. Eko oni baje lailai.
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by ginajet(f): 7:06pm On Jul 28, 2013
KenGali:
Look at this dumb friend of mine, you want to claim indigene-ship on money that is not derived from your so called prosperous land!
Talking of criminals, where else to look other than Tinubu. And yes all the money from oil production in Abia, Imo and South South states are being used to fund Lagos, which has suddenly realized that people from these place should not be in Lagos. First reject the money you are receiving as parasites.
u must be high on something.... Mumu u dn't ve any point joor!
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Zikdik(m): 7:09pm On Jul 28, 2013
The fact that a particular tribe,after launching an insurrection and fighting an ill-thought war that cost this nation a fortune in terms of lives,limbs,infrastructure and cash,are still considered as brothers and fellow citizens is an undying testament to the goodwill of the other parts of this great country.
Yet,this indolent ones still complain of marginalization in every aspect of their lives.A people that should have been wiped out without trace to prevent future happenings that are nefarious to the healthy growth,development and upliftment of our sovereign state deem it fit to always have every single decision of the law-makers of this country go in their favour.
The law is the law and no one,not even the average egotistical prick that seems to think he or she is permitted to engage in whatever legal or illegal activity to make ends meet,is above the law.
These people cannot understand the language love,trust or goodwill.The only language they understaing is-MONEY.Hence,even when they break the law and are apprehended by the various law enforcement agencies,they abuse any form of goodwill extended to them by the sovereign state and cry out about marginalization.
If an individual is arrested while breaking the laws of the state,regardless of class,tribe or gender,they shall be dealt with in accordance with the laws of the state.
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by PeterKbaba: 7:23pm On Jul 28, 2013
what you people fail to realize is that all Yoruba's are one, they all originated from Osun state (ile ife), then spread across SW Nigeria, West Africa.... If you are Yoruba, you can claim anywhere, any state in SW Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Dibiachukwu: 7:24pm On Jul 28, 2013
Zikdik: The fact that a particular tribe,after launching an insurrection and fighting an ill-thought war that cost this nation a fortune in terms of lives,limbs,infrastructure and cash,are still considered as brothers and fellow citizens is an undying testament to the goodwill of the other parts of this great country.
Yet,this indolent ones still complain of marginalization in every aspect of their lives.A people that should have been wiped out without trace to prevent future happenings that are nefarious to the healthy growth,development and upliftment of our sovereign state deem it fit to always have every single decision of the law-makers of this country go in their favour.
The law is the law and no one,not even the average egotistical prick that seems to think he or she is permitted to engage in whatever legal or illegal activity to make ends meet,is above the law.
These people cannot understand the language love,trust or goodwill.The only language they understaing is-MONEY.Hence,even when they break the law and are apprehended by the various law enforcement agencies,they abuse any form of goodwill extended to them by the sovereign state and cry out about marginalization.
If an individual is arrested while breaking the laws of the state,regardless of class,tribe or gender,they shall be dealt with in accordance with the laws of the state.
Hahaha. Wipeout the children of the most high undecided You must be high on Amala! Our mistake of putting banjo in charge of the squad to capture lagos, is still hurting us till today. Imagine a cowardly mgbati goat, talking about wiping out Igbos cheesy
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by PeterKbaba: 7:34pm On Jul 28, 2013
dangiwa09:

[b]The IGBO people do NOT hate anyone, especially Yorubas. It's well demonstrated in the IGBOs ability to live in any part of Nigeria peacefully, learn their language and cultures, and even marry there and bring up a family. Rather, it's other tribes, especially the Yorubas that hate IGBOs, from the days of Awolowo, to this day. Fashola, on the other hand is an outlier to this fact. He's doing what is politically, economically and morally expedient for him, AC and Lagos State. Do not forget, people VOTE where they reside and registered, not necessarily in their forefather's state. Tinubu had a long standing agreement/understanding with IGBOs regarding their support, IGBOs insisted on having a say in government, and an enabling environment to do their business and live their lives, this is why the most influential person in Lagos state government BESIDES the governor is an IGBO man, BEN AKABUEZE, he has been so from the days of Tinubu till today. In exchange, the IGBOs will support AC. If NOT, the IGBOs can easily shift the political landscape of Lagos State and give PDP an edge.
[/b]

And what will PDP do? Simply steal all the money and leave you 10 times poorer!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Simon Ekpa’s Sit-at-home Directive Flops In Southeast / Restore Power To Niger, Over 40 Babies Die In Hospitals, Incubators Daily - FFK / EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.