Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,647 members, 7,851,187 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:46 PM

Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers (27122 Views)

Biafra: Court Provides Barricade For Witnesses Against Kanu [PHOTOS] / El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State / Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by naptu2: 1:03pm On Jul 26, 2013
People are just arguing based on emotions and how they "feel" without backing it with logic and reasons.

All they want is for people to join them in proclaiming that Fashola is satan, without the people questioning them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by naptu2: 1:40pm On Jul 26, 2013
I've got so much to say! I wish I had time. I'll be back in the evening.
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by naptu2: 1:56pm On Jul 26, 2013
talktimi: even though we're usually on opposite sides of the divide, i like the way you present your points & arguments in a very concise and articulate manner.

Thank you
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Longeria(m): 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2013
dplordx: abeg, tell them. if Afam and his cohorts arent enemies of the Yorubas, i hope they make this frontpage!
God bless BRF. God bless Lagos! God bless my ppl cool
Thunder fire you for making me to lose megabytes because of your trash.
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by talktimi(m): 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
Ngwakwe: Tell naptu2 to stop defending the indefensible irrespective of how fashionable he tries to present them. The illegalities, bias laws and human right abuses meted to and used against some class of individuals/citizens of Federal Republic of Nigeria by Lagos State Government is uncalled for.

Fashola and his cabinet have a hidden agenda of restructuring the class of individuals who should live in Lagos State and it's no longer a secret that Fashola uses the phrase/clause "go back to your village", meaning leave Lagos State irrespective of where you come from provided you can't afford certain pleasures of life.

on the contrary, i believe every argument should have its advocate & so naptu should be allowed to speak his side what i dont support is when someone goes out of his/her way to act like a rabid dog, insulting people just to pass points across.
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by rozayx5(m): 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2013
another ACN GOON thread,

same old campaign Pics

spits on thread and walks out undecided undecided undecided
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Nobody: 4:21am On Jul 27, 2013
KenGali:
Look at this dumb friend of mine, you want to claim indigene-ship on money that is not derived from your so called prosperous land!
Talking of criminals, where else to look other than Tinubu. And yes all the money from oil production in Abia, Imo and South South states are being used to fund Lagos, which has suddenly realized that people from these place should not be in Lagos. First reject the money you are receiving as parasites.

Like I said, take your Government to task, Animal. Nigeria has never done nothing for me, so you can keep ur ignorant assumptions to urself. You got a problem, complain to the administrators East of the Niger, bigot.
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by naptu2: 7:09am On Jul 27, 2013
[size=14pt]Fashola Commissions Cg-eko Automobile Services, Skill Acquisition Center (PICS)[/size] by Eko Ile: 2:28pm On Jul 20, 2012

Eko Ile:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-yU5bh1lNprE/UAlbgfqlwsI/AAAAAAAAFw0/agdRos48YZo/s1600/4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-mpx9vN6PByk/UAlbf6UWsNI/AAAAAAAAFwo/Dhr6wJrWZXc/s1600/3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-lBFIjand2GY/UAlbfnQ_aYI/AAAAAAAAFwc/7EWPntYoatI/s1600/2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-NoSJieNJooI/UAlbffO8GXI/AAAAAAAAFwQ/e27pICOhAlk/s1600/1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-BUzE3pP9WE0/UAlbgki_aaI/AAAAAAAAFxA/7uHCypBHtYQ/s1600/5.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-PMIBaK4WNxo/UAlbkytrYkI/AAAAAAAAFxM/uniZwwKOjmA/s1600/6.jpg[/img]

Jul 17, 2012 - Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), Tuesday commissioned an automobile sales, services, training and skill acquisition centre in Ikeja saying the biggest achievement of the Government from the centre would be the qualified personnel that would be produced there from. The automobile sales, services, training and skill acquisition centre named CG – Eko LLP Automobile Centre, is a Public Private Partnership arrangement between Messrs Coscharis Group and the Lagos State Government which has revamped the old Eko Engineering Ventures Limited into an ultra modern centre for the sales and service of automobiles which will also provide training and skill in automobile engineering for young artisans.

In his remarks at the ceremony, Governor Fashola said the concept and successful execution of the project underpinned the philosophy of his administration that Public Private Partnerships are very strategic tools for achieving its objectives in the State. Governor Fashola, who gave credits to his predecessors for their initiative in establishing Eko Engineering Ventures Limited, however, said the failure of the venture to achieve the objectives for which it was established probably validates the popular thinking today that there are businesses that government should not be involved in.

"The concept of ownership necessarily requires that we should rethink and rework our models. It is not who owns the land; it is whether or not we can get skilled and qualified men whose core business is automobile sales, automobile maintenance and automobile re-fleeting to work for us, to give us what we want", the Governor said.
https://www.nairaland.com/995497/fashola-commissions-cg-eko-automobile-services
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by naptu2: 7:34am On Jul 27, 2013
[size=14pt]Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria[/size] by mamikky: 3:03pm On Aug 01, 2012

mamikky: Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, yesterday commissioned the first Engineering Academy in Nigeria, assuring of his administration’s commitment to giving top priority to vocational training and skill acquisition to residents of the state.

The Governor who commissioned the ultra-modern centre located at Government Technical College, Agidingbi,Ikeja, also presented certificates to 6,467 students who graduated from the five Lagos State Government Technical Colleges after successfully completing a three-year training in 370 different vocations.

Speaking at the graduation ceremony and special awards, Fashola described the event as remarkable and a massive boost to vocational education in the state asserting that the nation’s economy will only thrive if government remains committed to vocational education.

Presenting the graduands with their certificates, he urged them not relent in furthering their education up to university level, noting that it will improve on their capacity and horizon to be relevant in the scheme of things.

On the newly commissioned Engineering Academy, which is the third built in Africa and the first in West Africa; Fashola noted that the centre will go a long way to impact on the technical and engineering skills of youths in the state.

He said the Academy was a brain child of the state government and a Korean firm, Samsung Electronics Company, equipped with state of the art cutting edge training technology gadgets to train Nigerian youths in electrical, electronic, air-condition maintenance and other households appliances.

Earlier, the Managing Director of Samsung Electronics, West Africa, Mr. Nicholas Shin, said the Academy like its counterparts in Kenya and South Africa will after providing training, will also afford trainees an opportunity to work in any of their companies or become self employed.

http://nigerianpilot.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4475:fashola-commissions-first-engineering-academy-in-nigeria&catid=40:more-headlines&Itemid=208
https://www.nairaland.com/1006394/fashola-commissions-first-engineering-academy
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by naptu2: 7:37am On Jul 27, 2013
A second Samsung Engineering Academy has been set up in Ekiti State.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 27, 2013
Damage control, Shey fear don begin catch una dis one u rushed to do damage control

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by naptu2: 7:39am On Jul 27, 2013
It must be time travel or something like that. How else do you explain the assertion that articles and pictures from 2012 were used for an election that was held in 2011?
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by naptu2: 7:48am On Jul 27, 2013
[size=14pt]26,049 students undergo skill acquisition training in Lagos.[/size]

Posted on Tuesday, May 21st, 2013

By Ekene Okoro Snr. Reporter, Lagos

Lagos State Government has said 26,049 students have been trained on various skill acquisition programmes to achieve the Millenium Development (MDG) One.

State Deputy Governor, Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire, disclosed this at the weekend during a ministerial briefing ahead of Governor Babatunde Fashola’s sixth anniversary in office.

Adefulire, who oversees the Ministry of Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation (WAPA), said the students were drawn from 35 states of the federation as well as from neighbouring countries.

She said the 13 skill acquisition centres in the states have responded to the needs of young entrepreneurs and created a platform for their self reliance and wealth creation.

She said in the period under review, government carried out upgrading and expansion of Lagos Island and Egbeda Skill Acquisition Centres to take additional students and to increase the number of skills.

The Deputy Governor added that renovation of Surulere, Mushin, Shibiri, Egan, Kosofe, Ikorodu 1 and 11, Ibeju Lekki, Igbo-Oye, Iba, Ejigbo and Badagry skill acquisition centres was also embarked upon to provide effective skill training programmes.

She also listed the construction of Ilase Skill Acquisition Centre, garri processing facility, cold room, market stalls and viewing centre at Ilase riverine community of Amuwo Odofin Local Government as part of the grand scheme.

On efforts to minimise the trend of child abuse, she said government has stepped up its campaign to show its zero-tolerance for child abuse as well as aggressive prosecution of offenders.

Adefulire said the trend of baby trafficking being rampant in some states will not be tolerated, warning that the government will not hesitate to prosecute those found perpetrating the act.

“Child traffickers from other states have no safe haven in Lagos. They are not safe at all and the long arms of the law will reach them”, she warned.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/05/26049-students-undergo-skill-acquisition-training-in-lagos/
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by naptu2: 7:10am On Jul 28, 2013
1) Metal works.

2) Sewing.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by cjrane: 11:07am On Jul 28, 2013
9icest: A friend went to Alausa to bail out a neighbor who was arrested by KAI officials the process that made him witness the good intentions of Lagos State Govt for the people including IBOs, and non-Ibos. The scales had since fell from his face. Here is his report:

The man in question, among many other detained road-hawkers, and beggars, hawks face towels & handkerchiefs in traffic and -he hails from Enugu (Abakpa Nike) he was made to go through a 6 months training in indoor decorations making with others. He was given N250k loan after his period of apprenticeship, some were deported but only after been provided with survival skills other than hawking and begging. The man now make curtains for a living. The beautiful part of this 'epistles' is that he's doing so well now, well connected to the extent that he makes curtains for government officials in his state. I'm not against people trooping in into the state afterall there's strength in population one of the many secrets of China but they should just make themselves useful and exploit numerous available opportunity provided by Govt. I dont understand the incredible hatred the IBOs have against my tribe. Last year, the girl who won the 24 hours governor competition was an IBO girl. Please, stop the venom....HAS ANY OF YOUR STATE GOVERNMENT DONE SUCH FOR SOMEONE FROM THE SW!

SOURCE: [size=40pt]?[/size]
Some shameless LIARS!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by naptu2: 12:05pm On Jul 28, 2013
[size=14pt]Fashola, Sanders inspect Igborosun farm.[/size]

By Mansur Oladunjoye

Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State during the week accompanied by the former United States Ambassador to Nigeria, Ms Robin Sanders inspected the Agric -Youth Empowerment Scheme (Agric YES) Songhai model farm in Igborosun, Badagry where he declared that the State government intends to make it the industrial park for agriculture.

The Governor who spoke in an interview after an extensive inspection of the 250-Hectares farm and its facilities was optimistic that “when it becomes an industrial park for agriculture, people will come there to learn and take specimen and species of the best bred cattle, fish and so on for redistribution towards owning their own farms.

“So really, this is the turning point as it nears completion. So, it is not just agriculture but agriculture and knowledge and you would see for example that there won’t be a need to weed again because they are using technology to eliminate weeds. It saves a lot of time and brings the farmers very quickly to production”, he stated.

He also explained that the farm is using deep irrigation and ensuring an integration of everything in such a way that the livestock depends on the vegetable and the vegetable also depends on the livestock, bringing about a lot of green activity. Governor Fashola said at the end of the chain which would be in a few months time, one would observe some form of industrialization including packaging and processing with some of the outputs like biscuits, Shea-butter, palm oil, orange, pineapple juice and soap already on display at the farm.

He explained that what the government is trying to do in the farm is to embrace technology which is essentially about doing a lot more with less and about ensuring that nothing wastes. The Governor said it is also about sustainability as the farm is modeled after the Songhai model which is famous
in Cotonou, Benin Republic and will be engaging in the rearing of snails, fish, poultry chicken and cultivation of banana, yam, vegetable and every type of crop.

Governor Fashola who was accompanied by the Commissioner for Agriculture and Co-operatives, Prince Gbolahan Lawal and other members of the Executive Council, was conducted round the farm by the Director, Shoghai Farms, Reverend Father Godfrey Nzamujo.

www.mydailynewswatchng.com/2013/05/25/fashola-sanders-inspect-igborosun-farm/
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by BigLebowski: 12:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
Fashola is a Fraud!
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by kingthreat(m): 12:20pm On Jul 28, 2013
What has any Biafran governor done for any non-Biafran?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by naptu2: 12:26pm On Jul 28, 2013
I wish the word "ibo" had been removed from the thread title. It's just going to lead to another round of ethnic bashing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Godson201333(m): 12:35pm On Jul 28, 2013
Kudos to Lagos state Government and Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola!!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by sarutobie(m): 12:47pm On Jul 28, 2013
How this thread take concern igbos? So every hawker on the lagos roads na igbo? I just don't get the correlation between the thread and igbos..and it made frontpage.a thread without substance.damn! Nairaland is truely going down the drain..

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Sloan: 12:50pm On Jul 28, 2013
naptu2: I wish the word "ibo" had been removed from the thread title. It's just going to lead to another round of ethnic bashing.

Even Achebe called it ibo, why pander to misguided children all born in 1990s? It is ibo and it is really annoying when people complain about it just for the sake of it!
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by naptu2: 12:54pm On Jul 28, 2013
Sloan:

Even Achebe called it ibo, why pander to misguided children all born in 1990s? It is ibo and it is really annoying when people complain about it just for the sake of it!

I'm not even talking about the spelling. A title like "Fashola Provides Skill Training For Street Traders, Beggars And Area Boys" would have been ok. There's no reason to include "yoruba, igbo, efik, ibibio" or any ethnic group in the title.
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Sloan: 12:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
naptu2:

I'm not even talking about the spelling. A title like "Fashola Provides Skill Training For Street Traders, Beggars And Area Boys" would have been ok. There's no reason to include "yoruba, igbo, efik, ibibio" or any ethnic group in the title.

Okay, I see your valid point! smiley
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by kings009(m): 1:00pm On Jul 28, 2013
"Lagos has created many IBO billionaires and millionaires"

Can you hear yourself? Igbos continually make your so-called people eat three square mills everyday. It's a pity you people just write without an inkling of how flabby and dependent a lot of your people are.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 28, 2013
He can grant all the biafrians residing in Lagos illegally amnesty while he is at it! utter nonsense.....
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Enthony: 1:01pm On Jul 28, 2013
ope oooo first to comment...... i meant first to cmmit
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by bffigher(m): 1:03pm On Jul 28, 2013
9icest: A friend went to Alausa to bail out a neighbor who was arrested by KAI officials the process that made him witness the good intentions of Lagos State Govt for the people including IBOs, and non-Ibos. The scales had since fell from his face. Here is his report:

The man in question, among many other detained road-hawkers, and beggars, hawks face towels & handkerchiefs in traffic and -he hails from Enugu (Abakpa Nike) he was made to go through a 6 months training in indoor decorations making with others. He was given N250k loan after his period of apprenticeship, some were deported but only after been provided with survival skills other than hawking and begging. The man now make curtains for a living. The beautiful part of this 'epistles' is that he's doing so well now, well connected to the extent that he makes curtains for government officials in his state. I'm not against people trooping in into the state afterall there's strength in population one of the many secrets of China but they should just make themselves useful and exploit numerous available opportunity provided by Govt. I dont understand the incredible hatred the IBOs have against my tribe. Last year, the girl who won the 24 hours governor competition was an IBO girl. Please, stop the venom....HAS ANY OF YOUR STATE GOVERNMENT DONE SUCH FOR SOMEONE FROM THE SW!
nonsense trying to make excuses for fashola s misdeed dont worry what brought the last war is here again
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Enthony: 1:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
zeelo2014: Interesting super story
seconded
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by vivalavida(m): 1:06pm On Jul 28, 2013
9icest:

atleast, hes giving your ppl hope. what has your OBI, and ORJI dont for all of you?

You yoruba bigots are the ones that need his hope giving. I don't even undertand what you folks mean by igbo beggar abi destitute bcoz that shit dont occur amongst people from the south-east. We are proud people and families always take care of their own. We have managed to carve a niche for ourselves both in education and in buisness. The average igbo man hustles to survive. Equate that with the hordes of yoruba youths @ every bustop in lagos wearing uniforms of different colours,chasing buses with canes in their hands and u will know the people who needs his hope. One thing i have come to discover is that the yorubas are the least travelled of all ethnic groups in Nigeria. This can be wholly atrributed to their well noted cowardice and fear. When i served in Ogun state,i was wondering if it was a yoruba land. The camp was so filled with yoruba folks. Igbos travel. U can neva see an igbo man contented with sitting down in one place. We have this adventurous streak and that is what breeds our success. Lagos is what it is today because of the conbined efforts of Nigerians and mostly the igbos. Whether you wanna believe or not,this is a FACT. Travel round and u will see that the eastern Nigeria is not what u bigots take it to be. U dont see agberos are bustops here or touts blocking streets with planks to collect money.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Simon Ekpa’s Sit-at-home Directive Flops In Southeast / Restore Power To Niger, Over 40 Babies Die In Hospitals, Incubators Daily - FFK / EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.