Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers (25244 Views)

More Photos 4rm Boko Haram Camp In Burra Forest,Bauchi Captured By Soldiers 2day / Elections: 15 Borno LG Residents Won’t Get Pvcs – INEC / Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by amiskurie(m): 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2013
ofokoooo
oforkoooo x 100
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Maranzano(m): 12:02pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:
SMH for you. You are celebrating public assault by ignorant soldiers who do not know their left from right. In civilised countries a soldier dares not speak rudely to a civilian else risk court martial. However i won't be surprised to see more fools celebrating this nonsense.

Your choice of words (Ignorant Soldiers, Fools) shows how uncivilized you are. I don't think you can fit into the countries you called civilized because civil rule is not a license to lawlessness. He was lucky they did not shoot him it would have been within their rule of engagement under emergency rule if you know what that means. A top Govt official tried it in Kaduna sometime last year but he is not alive today to tell his tale.

1 Like

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Zi: 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2013
I will implore everyone reading this topic to please respect every office. If you meet a gateman, respect him even if your best friend is the owner of that house. That gate is his office. If u meet a janitor cleaing public places, please respect him! No office or position is too big or too small. I've noticed a lot of us fail in this because we want to display superiority. Virtues like this distinguish people and save us a lot of trouble.

@Topic:I wonder where the chairman was rushing to. But even if he had a very urgent engagement and the queue was REALLY long, nothing stops him from pulling off to the side to explain himself to the soliders politely. My guess is that he wanted to show off his "Bigmanity" to ignorant soliders!

If a solider walks up to him in his office and asks, Do you know who I am?" Will he talk it lightly? Oh pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee, respect is reciprocal!

4 Likes

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by kabba7(m): 12:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
[quote author=Lizzylobito]Lwkmd4h ooooo, serves him right, nobdy is above d law. #LOBATAN

WHICH LAW ?
just asking as I understand rules. of engagement
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Fadelex(m): 12:06pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:
SMH for you. You are celebrating public assault by ignorant soldiers who do not know their left from right. In civilised countries a soldier dares not speak rudely to a civilian else risk court martial. However i won't be surprised to see more fools celebrating this nonsense.
can't believe this.... you say ignorant soldiers, well, lemme educate you
law respects no-one. this people you call ignorant are the reason some people are still living in that volatile region, the work like clock...they keep vigil and these politicians that started this problem still want to be treated like they are better than others... the local govt chairman should be thanking his fate if not he would have been gunned down, y would someone reasonable break away from a check point? do u remember of a perm sec in kaduna last year? he was fired at cuz he refused to be checked..he later die

last bullet: if you have any reason to break away from queue at checkpoint, go down and approach the officer, officers are human like us and they will surely permit you if you have a convincing reason.

6 Likes

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by biomedixexcel(m): 12:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
You won't see a polite citizen in a civilised countries to flaunt simple traffic lights talk less of checking point
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by ronalmagic10(m): 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2013
I wonda why a LG chairman shud tink 2 much of himself as if he is a God. Its obvious d man is rude since he has suffered similar fate b4 nd so I support d actions of d soldiers in this circumstance. But I dont support those soldiers dat abuse their powers by treatin civilians lyk trash
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by paranorman(m): 12:12pm On Jul 27, 2013
What more can i write that hasnt bn written?! Well, me personnaly think tis wrong for the soldiers to have purnised him and tis also wrong for the man to have disobeyed traffic rule... What i learned from this? Certain conditions requires one to follow suit.. If he had know that certain laws dont hold in when an emergency is declred in a state he would have adjusted to conform to the situation.. He dey form crixus na so e jam theokoles.... Hehehehehe
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by kabba7(m): 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2013
[quote author=Fadelex]
can't believe this.... you say ignorant soldiers, well, lemme educate you
law respects no-one. this people you call ignorant are the reason some people are still living in that volatile region, the work like clock...they keep vigil and these politicians that started this problem still want to be treated like they are better than others... the local govt chairman should be thanking his fate if not he would have been gunned down, y would someone reasonable break away from a check point? do u remember of a perm sec in kaduna last year? he was fired at cuz he refused to be checked..he later die
last bullet: if you have any reason to break away from queue at checkpoint, go down and approach the officer, officers are human like us and they will surely permit you if you have a convincing reason.

Do anyone. On this plat know why Late Nnamdi Azikwe once said U̶̲̥̅̊ should not argue with an armed soldier? Well he. Reason they are sick mentaly .
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by successking: 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
Political mentality! Political office holders are above the law. JTF, you shouldn't have released him so quickly, you should have detain him a day only. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Hajiharuna: 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2013
By now he has learn a lesson.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by lordbenson(m): 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
This serves him right...........I love dis.....Nigerian slodiers should keep it up
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Dagoma: 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
No body is above the law. Imagine this fake politician that is not even elected calling himself 'Executive Chairman'
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Diamondwriter(m): 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
Serves him right. They shudnt have punished his driver too. He couldn't hv countered his masters order.

1 Like

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Kenny4lyfe(m): 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
That reporter wey witness the #show_Of_shame no sabi snap pics ni? embarassed He's supposed to snap him while serving that punishment for evidence nah! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
The last time i checked the state of emergency hasnt been removed, so the mumu chairman get luck say dem no shoot am. In a state where there is state of emergency, democracy is suspended there or because GEJ no remove their Governors just to maintain a bit of democracy.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by fuke(m): 12:36pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:

What is your problem?
Which civilized country allow you to jump the queue?
Worse still, which civilized country will allow you do this under emergency rile.

Some people suffer self inflicted ignorance just to be heard.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Darchangel(m): 12:50pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:
its glaringly obvious that you don't know the meaning of STATE OF EMERGENCY. For your info boko haram has already destroyed the civilisation of that area therefore heralding the coming of the military. Stop reasoning like a DOOR MAT!

1 Like

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by y2kaustinstone: 12:51pm On Jul 27, 2013
Hello Friends,am about to renew the rent of my apartment,i would have conveniently do that.i just finish settling a huge debt,and i don't want to miss these apartment,cos it decent and we always have power smiley smiley tongue.I have half of the money and just looking for a decent and working class person to add the remaining half.am a christian,from akwa ibom state,am currently working for a logistic firm in Apapa-Lagos.

Interested person,swiftly call me up on 08134340380(Austin).
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:

ABEG MAKE WE HEAR WORD
IN A CIVILIZED COUNTRY THIS ....
IN A CIVILIZED COUNTRY THAT...
IN A CIVILIZED COUNTRY AN ELECTED OFFICER
WILL NOT SPEAK RUDELY TO SOLDIERS DOING THEOR JOB angry angry angry angry angry
IN A CIVILIZED COUNTRY AN ELECTED OFFICER WILL QUEUE UP
LIKE OTHER PEOPLE AND ACT MATURE
HECK
IN A CIVILIZED COUNTRY THERE WONT BE SOLDIERS IN THE STREETS IN THE 1ST PLACE

1 Like

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by frankgreat(m): 12:53pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:
he shld tnk his God he wasn't shot sef..driving against checkpoint in an emergency rule environ? Seems u don't knw the meaning of emergency rule...those state are under millitary dictatorship..
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by chi4ik(m): 12:53pm On Jul 27, 2013
The chairman disgraced himself not soldiers; d rule of Law says no one is above d Law beside, he should hav known dat soldiers no dey cary last. A̶̲̥̅♏ proud of you all JTF. Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Pee2k3: 12:55pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:
Guy u are d big fool here cos in a SE rule civilian rules are suspended.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by kliq(m): 12:55pm On Jul 27, 2013
Gud move by d soulja,hp d chairman learns frm dis...politricksians n their ways...they make laws they don't wanna kip...who is above d law?
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Rockyheight: 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:

So been a local govt. Chairman is a enough reason to disregard orderliness. What abt the people he met on the queue.that's exactly what govt officials do all the time, very where they go, no decorum airports, banking halls u name it, they are always shunting. Serves him right.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by hiltop2: 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2013
j.pilata:

A soldier, unimpressed with Mr. Malang’s statement responded by saying “does this place resemble Hawul local government; even if na Hawul be this, does that give you the license to break my order by not following the queue?”
grin grin grin
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by godwinony(m): 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
good for him..i like these army men, you need see how they disgrace big men that go against traffic rules at our busy school junction(uniport)..
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by poyet(m): 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
If not for the soldiers, would he had been able to chair his local govt.? Maybe him for for be chairman inside grave. shocked
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Umaekpe: 1:21pm On Jul 27, 2013
clockwise: hahaha, but seriously dis is nt a joking matter, it is very bad of d soldiers to have done dat to a chairman, in a democratic country 4 dat matter.
my dear nobody is above d law, he is not even elected chairman but just caretaker chairman dat was appointed by governor under sentiment,infact he deserve more dan dat so dat other can learn from dat
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by switdil(f): 1:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
Chaiii d man don OFFEND em GODFADA. Child wey tok sey hm papa no go sleep, hm sef no even slumber
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Umaekpe: 1:36pm On Jul 27, 2013
clockwise: hahaha, but seriously dis is nt a joking matter, it is very bad of d soldiers to have done dat to a chairman, in a democratic country 4 dat matter.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Phranciz(m): 1:41pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:
In civilized countries leaders don't break the law. Serves him right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan & Entourage Visit Obi Of Onitsha For Royal Blessings (Photos) / Buhari Restricts Use Of Presidential Aircraft By Wife, Aides-the Nation / EFCC Investigating Femi Fani-kayode?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.