Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,292 members, 7,815,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers (25247 Views)

More Photos 4rm Boko Haram Camp In Burra Forest,Bauchi Captured By Soldiers 2day / Elections: 15 Borno LG Residents Won’t Get Pvcs – INEC / Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:
SMH for you. You are celebrating public assault by ignorant soldiers who do not know their left from right. In civilised countries a soldier dares not speak rudely to a civilian else risk court martial. However i won't be surprised to see more fools celebrating this nonsense.
Bros, calling everyone fool does not make you know the meaning of civil. Here, the soldiers are more civil by not firing at your 'civil' chairman. You get to apologize to Nairalanders for expression of dangerous 'civil' ignorance.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Tupso(m): 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2013
In civilized countries no one is above the law, no one boycott queue because he/she is chairman or whatever. that is why Nigeria is still where we are today. The law is made for few.
Donmams:
SMH for you. You are celebrating public assault by ignorant soldiers who do not know their left from right. In civilised countries a soldier dares not speak rudely to a civilian else risk court martial. However i won't be surprised to see more fools celebrating this nonsense.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by YoshiMaster: 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
Tupso:
In civilized countries no one is above the law, no one boycott queue because he/she is chairman or whatever. that is why Nigeria is still where we are today. The law is made for few.

Nigeria is the way it is today, because the Laws haven't been consistently enforced, not because soldiers haven't been making us frog jump more.

That is the difference, and the point I think he was trying to make.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
How come anytime there is a story on the fp of soldiers brutalising innocent civilians the average nairalander jump to the defence of this illiterate, illtrained, undisciplined morons called the Nigerian soldiers. Is there some fetish satisfaction the average Nigerian derives from being brutalised by some illiterate aboki soldier or is it due to the long years of military rule, i can see the slaves attacking me now about how this thugs are the ones keeping me safe from BH, bla bla bla, wat a country i tell ya.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Vanityupnvanity(m): 4:18pm On Jul 27, 2013
Did the thread says along side his driver? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Oh my bele
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Fadelex(m): 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

You raised some very good points, he could have been shot impulsively for breaking away from the checkpoint, and the Local Governor then would have no one to blame but himself.

The question now is what are the rules of engagement as pertains to civilians? Is "frog jumping" an officially acceptable means of punishment by the armed forces to civilians?

After he had been verified to be a civilian, I would think protocol would state that he be detained, even if its just for a day (to send a strong message).

I really have never heard of any military protocol that allows for physical punishment of civilians, but I could be wrong if its in their rule book.
very good question, lemme share my personal experience.
I've caught most of these politicians like that and it is very wrong to attack anybody physically but you can subject them to mental or psychological treatment.., if I catch u, I either delay you for a couple of hours or I tell you to sit on d floor (to kill of that self-esteem) I know some people will disagree wit sitting on the floor but do you know that if insurgents wanna attack that's how they break away from d queue. the frog jump might be as a result of the man being rude
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by remzytimer: 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2013
I don't think u know what u're saying, where there is no law there is no offenders and In a state dt is declare for emergency, what do u expect
Donmams:
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Chrichigo(m): 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:

Shut up jooo...are u meant to be celebrated wen u voilate d law...u should av nurse your nose on what he did properly...full
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by YoshiMaster: 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
Fadelex:
very good question, lemme share my personal experience.
I've caught most of these politicians like that and it is very wrong to attack anybody physically but you can subject them to mental or psychological treatment.., if I catch u, I either delay you for a couple of hours or I tell you to sit on d floor (to kill of that self-esteem) I know some people will disagree wit sitting on the floor but do you know that if insurgents wanna attack that's how they break away from d queue. the frog jump might be as a result of the man being rude

Lol @ "sit on the floor", that is definitively a self esteem killer, haha!

You see, the solutions you mentioned are very acceptable, delay, sit on the floor, e.t.c, even detainment.

The frog jump just seems a bit much to me, cause I see soldiers telling civilians to frog jump everywhere, even in Lagos.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by chucky234(m): 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2013
Imagine ordinary LGA Chairman forming Idi -Amin
Those soldiers should have as well wire his nyash with talk-true koboko.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2013
Imagine a different setting, similar scene.

American soldiers at an Iraqi checkpoint.

Possibility of car-mounted IEDs.

A lot of their buddies already dead from similar incidents.

Soldiers: "Stop! Stop or we'll use lethal force! final warning! POP ! POP! POP!"

End of story.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by oyesmiling: 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2013
'In a state of illegality, anything legal is illegal'
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2013
Caretaker Chairman sef!
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Tonniey(m): 6:39pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:
shut d f**ck up mr man where is d civilised world will u see a civilized man jumping d queue? I knw u will also question LASG for arresting an army officer driving tru d BRT lane. Get ur facts rite b4 comin here 2 write rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by kundul: 6:47pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:
. Wt d heck do u mean? Do u kn we r very babaric here most tyms. Do u kn how d average nigerian behaves in his society? Dos r developed countries u said broa r we developed?? Mind u do u kn wt it tks 2 serve in such places dt u can't differentiate a civilian n boko haram member Wt of if it were trully a boko haram member, d rest wuld ve bn history. Pls my guy u don't kn wt it is 2 b der ok?
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by ignis: 7:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
When will soldiers punish Yerima publicly?
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2013
Sam xiu lee: Here comes a fool my friend,the state is under emergency state,by that only Martial law is applied there,under that law the corporal punishment given to the local government chairman is very appropriate.
pardon me! But do you know what 'emergency' means?
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by cfola: 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2013
The chairman is lucky, the soldier could as well have opened fire on him as he shunted the queue just as it would have seemed like a boko haram enfontery to attack the checkpoint.

Do you remember the case of the Commissioner or so in the north who tried to force his way into government house to see his governor and the soldiers at the gate thought he was boko haram because of his shunt driving.

Well the khaki boys opened fire on him. He is history now.

People should learn to obey Rules irrespective of their position.

It is time we demystify the 'do you know who I am' syndrome in this country.

We would know who you are by your actions, you don't need to tell us what is the obvious.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Ferdinandu(m): 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:
If the people celebrating the nonsense are fools then you and that LG boss are senseless Morons. Why should he break the Queue in the 1st instance.Is he greater than the FG that sent those Soldiers to bring order in that state.That is the way they will be using sirens,breaking traffic rule causing confusion on the roads,just a common LG Boss.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by johnsonjosbles(m): 9:26pm On Jul 27, 2013
clockwise: hahaha, but seriously dis is nt a joking matter, it is very bad of d soldiers to have done dat to a chairman, in a democratic country 4 dat matter.
. You see, why naigeria problems will never solve, some S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ called masses are fools, in Ʊr wishdom. Don't U̶̲̥̅̊ think those sodiers representing comander in chief and every citenzens must obey direct order of the land. The action of the stupid chiarman ȋ̝̊̅§ called bad atitude and must be condem. With heavy security check in abuja, explosive still find its way to FCT tru. Pple like dat idiot.and U̶̲̥̅̊ r dia talking nonsence. Can't Ʊr dump brain think democrazy are killing naigeria munmu.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Hardfact: 11:25pm On Jul 27, 2013
Rule of Law at work.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Gozzzy(m): 11:38pm On Jul 27, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

Y U So Mean? Y Africa So Dumb?
I would have called you a F00L, but I just called someone more sensible than you, a F00L!!!!
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by stchinedu: 6:42am On Jul 28, 2013
clockwise: hahaha, but seriously dis is nt a joking matter, it is very bad of d soldiers to have done dat to a chairman, in a democratic country 4 dat matter.
But it is not bad for a 'democratically' elected chairman to break laws with impunity? U must be a certified psycho! It's people like u dat are bad omen to dis country.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by lastmessenger: 6:59am On Jul 28, 2013
what if the chairman happen to be the governor of the state.do you think the soldier will frog jump a governor? no i dont think so.anyway the chairman did what is bad
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Ernestybaba: 7:28am On Jul 28, 2013

Doz dat min our politicians shuld be allowed to break d law? Wot are they teaching us? Black man democracy is jst a political junk. Go to western world and see and learn frm their politicians. He violated the order and was not ashamed of announcing his identity
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by ceaser: 7:31am On Jul 28, 2013
Lizzylobito: Lwkmd4h ooooo, serves him right, nobdy is above d law.
#LOBATAN

Donmams:

And in saner climes, a civilian dare not jump a queue and create commotion without being charged with disturbing public peace and dealt some deserved punishment in a law court. Nigerian judiciary is already compromised, hence an on-the-spot treatment is warranted. I'm sure you'd be the only "fool"(in your own word) to dispute this.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by kehindetayo(m): 8:07am On Jul 28, 2013
must people advertise their illetracy every were. What wrong with d purnishment? Must You
Talk if You
Don't hav anything to say?[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by tonynonso53: 8:37am On Jul 28, 2013
j.pilata:
The chairman violated checkpoint regulations.
Soldiers on Thursday inflicted corporal punishment on a local government chairman in Borno State.
The caretaker chairman of Hawul Local Government Area, Daniel Malang, received severe corporal punishment in the hands of the Joint Task Force for allegedly breaking checkpoint regulations and talking rudely to soldiers.
Mr. Malang, who reportedly has a reputation for breaking traffic rule especially at military check post ran out of luck when he attempted to shunt his way across a long queue of vehicles along Maiduguri-Biu road.
A PREMIUM TIMES reporter who witnessed the incident heard the chairman telling the soldiers that “don’t you know me? I am the executive chairman of Hawul localgovernment.”
A soldier, unimpressed with Mr. Malang’s statement responded by saying “does this place resemble Hawul local government; even if na Hawul be this, does that give you the license to break my order by not following the queue?”
The soldier ordered the council boss to park his Peugeot 406 car and asked him to come out for frog-jump alongside his driver while other motorists watched on.
The soldiers kept the chairman there for hours before he was later freed with a stern warning not to repeat such act again.
Sources close to the chairman saidhe recently suffered similar fate in Biu when soldiers gave him a similar treatment for breaking check-post regulation.
Borno is currently under emergency rule and has a heavy presence of soldiers to check the insurgency by the Boko Haram and other crimes.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/141693-local-government-chairman-punished-publicly-by-soldiers-in-borno.html
no mind all these black smokes call politicians.he thought the soldiers are police whom he can just flaunt his stolen wealth with.
they for tell the baggar to do ANGLE 90 self
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by GabrielObinna(m): 8:52am On Jul 28, 2013
Picture oooo, wia is d picture na jst wnt to see hw d local chairman was
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by andrano: 9:57am On Jul 28, 2013
for d chaiman breaking d traffic rule is very bad but dat should not give them d rite to treat him dat way even when he identify him self d zombies still told him dat dis is not his local government. Am really disapointed in nigeria soldiers even if is military regim a leader shoul have been punish dat way dis are the king of things that worsting situation in our country today. u are there to keep peace and not cause violent, for u taking ur selfish decision as uniform man or woman is very bad of u. Try to overcome ur mind and react wisely u don knw wheher u will b a leader tomoro leaders are men to respected. Nigeria is our counry. Tank u
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by bornosheikh: 10:24am On Jul 28, 2013
Na for Sudan, ordinary police go call him from car and give him 20 lashes. He is then free to go...He would not do it again unless he is one of the 1% who enjoy pain.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 28, 2013
Gozzzy:
I would have called you a F00L, but I just called someone more sensible than you, a F00L!!!!
_

Go 'head, call me a fool if that's what gets you off. At least I'm man enough to gain sèxûäl satisfaction from another human being, not call others names to feel macho and äröûsè my tiny weenie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark / Rotimi Jolayemi Charged For ‘Causing Annoyance’ Towards Lai Mohammed / Umahi Warns Igbos In Rivers: "IPOB Is Working To Instigate Another Civil War"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.