Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers (25243 Views)

More Photos 4rm Boko Haram Camp In Burra Forest,Bauchi Captured By Soldiers 2day / Elections: 15 Borno LG Residents Won’t Get Pvcs – INEC / Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Billygee2u: 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2013
Very very good
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Billygee2u: 1:45pm On Jul 27, 2013
clockwise: hahaha, but seriously dis is nt a joking matter, it is very bad of d soldiers to have done dat to a chairman, in a democratic country 4 dat matter.

Shut up.close your mouth,if you do not know what to say
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 27, 2013
Laff wan tear my belle oooooo.

The 'excutive chairman' should stop being childish, within nd outside his area of jurisdiction.

Heheheoeoeho

pleeeaaaseee i nid to c d pics...

Even if i will have to pay 4 it
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by holycup(m): 1:52pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:
SMH for you. You are celebrating public assault by ignorant soldiers who do not know their left from right. In civilised countries a soldier dares not speak rudely to a civilian else risk court martial. However i won't be surprised to see more fools celebrating this nonsense.
LG chairman my foot,where wia him when the bokoharam insurgents was happening.wat the soldiers did serves him right.Nobody is above the law!Mr civilised man ur kind is one of the reasons nigeria is still backward.u dnt even knw the meaning of common state of emergency yet u dey form civilised man.mtchewww
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Gozzzy(m): 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:
SMH for you. You are celebrating public assault by ignorant soldiers who do not know their left from right. In civilised countries a soldier dares not speak rudely to a civilian else risk court martial. However i won't be surprised to see more fools celebrating this nonsense.
You ar........... inshort let me reserve my comment at ur glaring ignorance........ So, jumping a queue because status, as ''ordinary local govt chairman'' na im better pas?? Guy, no gree me use mouth finish you here!!! I expected a greater punishment sef, not even frog jump!!!!
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by kabba7(m): 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2013
[quote author=y2kaustinstone_]
Hello Friends,am about to renew the rent of my apartment,i would have conveniently do that.i just finish settling a huge debt,and i don't want to miss these apartment,cos it decent and we always have power smiley smiley tongue.I have half of the money and just looking for a decent and working class person to add the remaining half.am a christian,from akwa ibom state,am currently working for a logistic firm in Apapa-Lagos.
Interested person,swiftly call me up on 08134340380(Austin).

Hope U̶̲̥̅̊ don't eat dogs, heard most of U̶̲̥̅̊ guys from AI eat dogs ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ I can't leave with a dog eater. awaiting your reply
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Gozzzy(m): 2:03pm On Jul 27, 2013
SimonAndal:
My inner neanderthal is rejoicing over this, but the rational, civilized, un-Nigerian part of me seriously condemns the actions of both the chairman and the soldier.
Anyway, birds of the same lawless, uncivilized feather flock together in a dark continent called Africa.
Africa, a dark continent!!!!! Ara gbagbuo gi there!!! Anu ohia!!!
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by ol2012: 2:06pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:
One would av thought u'd also mention dat nobody sees him/herself as being above d law in d civilized counries u referred 2. Dats even without emergency rule mind u! Lets assume d man was a BH accomplice, & was left 2 jump queue(as ur comment implied) What would ur comment be, if d title of dis thread reads "Boko Haram Accomplice Allowed 2 Escape JTF Checkpoint in Borno" Think about it
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
Just as somebody said, 'everybody should be respected in their offices'. That checkpoint is the office of that soldier and the chairman disrespected him there and besides, the soldier is following an order which does not exempt the chairman.
Nigerian politicians, 'big men', and those with some little power, always want to claim some unclaimables in Nigeria, that was how that Nigerian senator went to humiliate himself at the US embassy the other time. Talking of civility, I think it was in Britain that a soldier(without knowing) performed his duty on the Prime Minister, when the Prime Minister joined the public and he took it in good faith while the soldier was commended. We also read recently that Obama, while a senator, was mistaken for a waiter (can u mistaken a Nigerian senator for a waiter?).
I always respect the soldiers at the checkpoints, those people are human beings no matter how hard they are and considering the condition they work in. If you have ever being in the North(Borno and some part of norther Bauchi, etc), the type of heat you have there and yet these people will be in their full gear all day long and some people will come there trying to claim big man!
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by omoredia: 2:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
You should be called anti clockwise since ur brain is upside down. Is it democratic to break the law? Fool!
clockwise: hahaha, but seriously dis is nt a joking matter, it is very bad of d soldiers to have done dat to a chairman, in a democratic country 4 dat matter.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:

In civilised countries, you don't see a public officer breaking the law with no regard for law of the land and other road users. I am not supporting the soldiers but that serves him right.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by amibonaija: 2:18pm On Jul 27, 2013
[quote
author=clockwise]hahaha, but seriously dis is nt a joking matter, it is
very bad of d soldiers to have done dat to a chairman, in a democratic
country 4 dat matter. [/quote]My friend democracy is not a licence to misbehave. If I were the Soldier dat one nah small
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 27, 2013
Gozzzy:
Africa, a dark continent!!!!! Ara gbagbuo gi there!!! Anu ohia!!!
_

Y U Do Dis? Y U call me bush animal? Y U so much in denial?
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by brightnelly(f): 2:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:

Dumbnama or whatever you are called! I can see how sick you are, you are the type people nigeria need to send on free loan! Does it mean that he is above obeying traffic orders or those gentle citizens on the queue doesn't know how to jump traffic? Be careful!!!

1 Like

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Phonon: 2:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
You now wonder why some people think soldiers are more suited to curbing indiscipline amongst Nigerians,no matter how highly placed they think they are.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by butpro(m): 2:22pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:
people like u have eyes, u cudnt see. If the chairman was to be going wit ieds, that's ao u wud ve freed him! Smh for ur dumb head.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by owendei(m): 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:
in civilisd countries u said. do d civilisd break rules dt are meant 4 public gud, let alone a council chairman? did u 4get easily d security challenges in nigeria n borno in particular? wake up dude! hw am i sure he's nt a boko haramist?
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Gozzzy(m): 2:31pm On Jul 27, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

Y U Do Dis? Y U call me bush animal? Y U so much in denial?
Am an African, and am proud of Africa!!!! I take it personal, when anybody, even if na gej, insult Africa!!!!!!! If you are ashamed of being an African, then you should as well Ashamed of being born into this world, bro.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by oluwacjay: 2:38pm On Jul 27, 2013
Dis is wat happen wen soldiers are called 2 protect d internal state. Soldiers are trained 2 resist aggression 4 external bodies and thus see dem as enemies. Howeva wen dey are deployed 2 tackle internal insecurity, d citizens are by default deir enemies. Only police & co shd be trained & equipped to tackle internal security challenges. No civilised democratic country will deploy soldiers within its states wen it has police force.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 27, 2013
Gozzzy:
Am an African, and am proud of Africa!!!! I take it personal, when anybody, even if na gej, insult Africa!!!!!!! If you are ashamed of being an African, then you should as well Ashamed of being born into this world, bro.
_

Y U So Mean? Y Africa So Dumb?
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by 3ace(m): 2:44pm On Jul 27, 2013
Imagining it is extremely funny. But I'm disappointed in the chairman. Why should you be craving preferential treatment when you know the reason for their checks.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by sponkino89(m): 2:48pm On Jul 27, 2013
in a truly democratic country, politicians has got NO RIGHT 2 violect traffic. Bros dat is indiscipline nd undemocratic on its own. Na me go com join trafic, ur own na 2 com pas abi. Flog am wella abeg
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by emmanuel4758(m): 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2013
lol i remember wat hapen to timaya at ph city last 3years i cant stop laughin he disobey military rule at eleme dey nw stop him he den open d door and shout to d military man 'do u know me am d egberi papa one of bayasa'd military man givam dirty slap and den askam to catch fish in d gutter,that time my man come no say water don pass garri, he den cool down and respect him self jump into gutter ......lol
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by realone2012: 3:00pm On Jul 27, 2013
When I first saw the thread on the frontpage....I thought BORNO is now a Local Government ni!!
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by YoshiMaster: 3:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:

Why is everybody attacking this guy, doesn't he have a point?

On one hand you have to commend the soldiers for upholding law and order.

I think he just has a problem with the punishment.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by YoshiMaster: 3:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
owendei: in civilisd countries u said. do d civilisd break rules dt are meant 4 public gud, let alone a council chairman? did u 4get easily d security challenges in nigeria n borno in particular? wake up dude! hw am i sure he's nt a boko haramist?

Yes they do, all the time.

Its just that they are always punished consistently in a civilized manner, I think that is the point he was trying to make.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by YoshiMaster: 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2013
brightnelly:

Dumbnama or whatever you are called! I can see how sick you are, you are the type people nigeria need to send on free loan! Does it mean that he is above obeying traffic orders or those gentle citizens on the queue doesn't know how to jump traffic? Be careful!!!

No he isn't above the law, but the frog jump punishment is out of place, he could simply have been detained.

Why are we all acting like we don't see soldiers telling ordinary civilians to frog jump all the time.

Here in Lagos, I see that almost on a weekly basis, and there is no SOE here.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by enigmagu1(m): 3:12pm On Jul 27, 2013
@@[1:[0:1: punishment on point]]
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by YoshiMaster: 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2013
Fadelex:
can't believe this.... you say ignorant soldiers, well, lemme educate you
law respects no-one. this people you call ignorant are the reason some people are still living in that volatile region, the work like clock...they keep vigil and these politicians that started this problem still want to be treated like they are better than others... the local govt chairman should be thanking his fate if not he would have been gunned down, y would someone reasonable break away from a check point? do u remember of a perm sec in kaduna last year? he was fired at cuz he refused to be checked..he later die

last bullet: if you have any reason to break away from queue at checkpoint, go down and approach the officer, officers are human like us and they will surely permit you if you have a convincing reason.

You raised some very good points, he could have been shot impulsively for breaking away from the checkpoint, and the Local Governor then would have no one to blame but himself.

The question now is what are the rules of engagement as pertains to civilians? Is "frog jumping" an officially acceptable means of punishment by the armed forces to civilians?

After he had been verified to be a civilian, I would think protocol would state that he be detained, even if its just for a day (to send a strong message).

I really have never heard of any military protocol that allows for physical punishment of civilians, but I could be wrong if its in their rule book.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by danaz(m): 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:

We shld not use what obtains in civilized climes whr pple obey d law as a yardstick 4 judging d soldiers action in an environment of lawlessness n offensive disregard for established laws..nobody is above d law..i commend d soldier for his sense of duty.we need more of dat .

CIVIL LESSON: NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by YoshiMaster: 3:34pm On Jul 27, 2013
danaz:

We shld not use what obtains in civilized climes whr pple obey d law as a yardstick 4 judging d soldiers action in an environment of lawlessness n offensive disregard for established laws..nobody is above d law..i commend d soldier for his sense of duty.we need more of dat .

CIVIL LESSON: NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW

I have heard this argument before.

Really it is kind of tough when you compare the lawlessness in Nigeria to other civilized countries.

However, we as Nigerians, are trying to get to the status of being a "Civilized Country".

What we have now in Nigeria, is that Law enforcement do not consistently enforce the rules, and when they eventually do, it ends up being in a harsh manner.

If they enforced the laws consistently, I mean 24/7/365, in a civilized manner, then I believe we will become a civilized country.

Remember when the Soldier man was driving on BRT, and Fashola had to arrest him? That guy was supposed to be the epitome of a Law abiding citizen, yet he was driving blatantly in BRT. Point is, if these Law enforces enforced the law, all the time, in a civilized way, I think Nigeria becomes a civilized country.

But you are right, it is tough in this "Jungle".
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by chiswaggs: 3:46pm On Jul 27, 2013
cogitoErgo:
Na only frog jumping they make the man do self, I was thinking they wire him with enough bulala grin
Why did you not condemn d so called chairman and likes of him who always think they are special citizens in Nigeria, if all those civilians could wait in line so must the Mr. Chairman! Kudos to the soldier man

the soldiers HAD NO RIGHT to make the man frog jump. It is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Datz d same way deze soldiers make people strip on the road (even ladies). That is wrong!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Live Rally, Accepts Decampes / Thabo Mbeki To Tinubu: Don’t Forget African Continent / Jonathan & Entourage Visit Obi Of Onitsha For Royal Blessings (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.