Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Dotted Lines ... - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dotted Lines ... (20984 Views)

Diwali Poems In Hindi Of 10 Lines | Diwali Poems In Hindi Language For Kids / Street Rap Lines / :::the Sweetest And Most Touching Break-up Lines I've Ever Read::: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 10:39pm On Aug 08, 2013
'She hate me... She wants to kill me... Big bro I didn't do it, she doesn't trust me.' He saw the pain in her eyes, there was apparently no tears to cry. He held her and listened, he had been on a phone call when he had heard her screaming and calling his name.

'Went to buy mum drugs, met the guy putting drinks in the fridge. He begged me to wait, the power supply just came on... ' She sniff.' You know how the light is and in this hot weather, everyone wants cold water. I understood and waited... It wasn't up to 3 minutes.' Ini swallowed 'mummy passed to see her friend, she said I was chatting with him, I was exchanging contacts, that I was now a pros ...' Ini sobbed, 'you know me, that is the truth.' She looked up at him.

Tears had formed in his eyes, 'I believe you babe.' He stood with a new resolution. 'I'll be back.' He left her room.

He knocked twice and didn't get a response, he opened.

'What is it?' Her look was stern.

'How could you not trust her? How could you beat your own daughter like an animal?'

She dropped the cloth she was about to fold to look at him. 'If you know what is good for you, you'll leave this instant.' Ima pointed an index finger.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Jiteshell(f): 10:47pm On Aug 08, 2013
The silent readers should not stop you from showing your talent and sharing it online, it gets better with time.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 11:19pm On Aug 08, 2013
'so what if she was chatting with him and she was chatting right back, they have a right to expression. It's not like they were caressing and having sex.'

In a flash she covered the distance between them in a flash and hit him hard across the face.

He held his cheek locked gaze with his mother fuming. 'Go ahead, hit me more or get daddy's belt. I am not... We are not proud of you. I wish those that adore you out there know who you truly are.' Indi left the room half expecting to be grabbed.'

Ima wanted to grab him but his words had cut through her like a knife. "no... no." She won't let down her guard, she wasn't to going to allow them make her feel she failed by not bringing them up properly.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 11:26pm On Aug 08, 2013
Ini saw his tears and could guess what happened. She lifted a hand and beckoned.

He laid beside her and his tears flowed. He held her and they slept off.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 11:27pm On Aug 08, 2013
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 2:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
'Mummy...'

Morenike looked up from the Ipad, a pen posed on one hand. She was an event planner and had been planning a wedding.

'Mummy,' Temilade entered the room beaming, 'Daddy sent me a laptop!'

'Congrats dear, I'm so happy for you.' She smiled up at her

'You know what mum,'She chuckled before pulling a seat. 'Daddy is very funny, he put the choice back to you despite me telling him we have already talked about it.' Bode did respect her and her decisions despite all. 'All righty dear, the ball now lies in your court.'

'Hmmmm.' Temilade exhaled and stretched out her legs. 'In as much as I'll like to go across the Atlanta for my tertiary education, have a better standard of education, hang out with my family over there, make new friends but I can't.'

The word "family" hit her and she felt guilty for depriving her. 'Why not?' She managed.

Temilade met her mother's gaze. 'I can't mum, I can't leave you all by yourself.'

Morenike wished she could have laughed heartily to reassure her daughter and take off the worried expression off her face but it ended as a short laugh. 'Temilade, I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself. Besides, Olajide will soon be back.'

'Mummy you don't even know where he went! I am your baby but I'm not a baby anymore. I see how you've been recently.'

Morenike looked away feeling so fragile, she couldn't even think of something to defend herself with.

'I choose Obafemi Awolowo University,
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 3:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
... I can always come home to check on you and you can do same for me.'

Like Father, like daughter, making her top priority and being so selfless.' Thanks.' She patted her back.

'I love you mum, you mean so much to me, you were in school and deciding to keep me where many girls would aborted, I'm so grateful.'

'You're my Jewel, I love you and I'm grateful you esteem me so high to remain in Nigeria.' She had suprised her, she had thought she would chose the opportunity to be closer to her father. The tears were slowly making their way to her eyes.

'Daddy and Aunty Modupe did shopping for us.'

'Us?' Morenike went wide eyed. Modupe was her daughter's Father's Wife.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 12:50pm On Aug 14, 2013
'Yes mum. For my school and for you too, few cloths and shoes.'

She couldn't believe her ears.
'Mum,' Temilade called reading her facial expression. 'My step mum is a wonderful person, I hope you meet her someday.'

'Hope so too.' Morenike believed her daughter hook, line and sinker. She had expected her daughter's upkeep to stop as soon as Bode got married, it never did and everytime Temilade went over, she came back with packages for her and knowledge of what she had learnt from her step mum. Now, she got packages even in her daughter absence. '

I'm looking forward to DHL visit.' Temilade cooed and her mother laugh.

She did looked forward also.

Temilade stood and head out. 'Hope you're not going to raid my fridge.'Morenike called after her.

'Emmmm...'

'I'm right behind you to supervise.'

They both laughed.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 4:36pm On Aug 14, 2013
'Show me your breast.'

Queenette laughed and continued applying the lipstick, she smacked her lips when she was done.

Prince took her hand and swing it. 'Show me now.' He was in the room of the house help.

'Pp leave me I beg, I'm going out.' She pulled down the hem of the sleeveless, short gown like it was going to cover more than it already did. It was skin fitted emphasizing every curve.

'To see who?' He demanded. The authority his voice commanded made her to look at him, but she decided to ignore him. 'If you don't tell me where you're going, I'll tell mummy when she gets back.'

Once Prince has spoken, her Madam wouldn't bother verifying before skinning her alive. She indulge him.'I'm going to see my boyfriend.'

'Boyfriend.' He almost sang and his eyes shone.

'Yes, see Prince, I really need to see him.' She face him and touch his shoulder.

'Aunty Queen I don't want you to go.'

Was that a plea or was she mistaken? That was strange because Prince never begged for anything.

'My boyfriend will be angry, I already told him I was coming.'

'I will be angry if you leave and I will tell my mummy.' He pouted and folded his hands.

Queenette exhaled, what was she going to do?

'Can't I be your boyfriend?'

She could have laughed in spite of the anger that was brewing in her but his expression was serious.

'Teach me to be your boyfriend.' Prince tugged her hand with a plea in his voice.

Queenette remembered what her colleague her told her when they had met in the market. It wouldn't be bad if she tried it out, besides, Prince had volunteered and it'll give her an edge over other workers in his favor book.

'Pp lock the door.' She told him and looked for a comb.

Prince ran to the door.

She gave him the comb on his return, climb the bed and lifted her gown. She beckoned and he joined her in bed.

Queenette removed her pant and his eyes widened.

'comb this for me.' She pointed and open her legs.

Prince got to work immediately.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Karevwite: 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
9ce write up...bt u wld mk it better if u continue wit d update
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 6:59pm On Aug 20, 2013
Karev_wite: 9ce write up...bt u wld mk it better if u continue wit d update
Thanks Karev. I'm not encouraged, I feel like I'm wasting my time.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by yemi2plus(m): 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
Queen xstar: Thanks Karev. I'm not encouraged, I feel like I'm wasting my time.
please continue dear, you don't really need the comments. Na you go tire if this thread enter front page o
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 9:59am On Aug 21, 2013
yemi2plus2:
please continue dear, you don't really need the comments. Na you go tire if this thread enter front page o
Thanks Yemi, what'll I do without you? I'll update later in the day.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Karevwite: 6:27pm On Aug 21, 2013
hehe oshey...lukin 4wad 2 dt...yemo i hail o.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 8:59pm On Aug 21, 2013
SIX
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 10:07pm On Aug 21, 2013
The blast from the speakers continued and the boys and girls in groups gave it their best.
Iniobong sway her hips from side to side and whistled joining the uproar of the crowd of youths all gathered to watch the dance challenge.

'I thought I could dance until now, I don't even know a jot of dancing.' Indifreke nudged his sister before throwing his hands got the air.

Ini laughed eyes not leaving the stage and clapped while Indi joined in the dance steps they were now displaying.

TWO HOURS LATER,
Ini sipped from the can guava juice. 'Thanks big bro, I really had fun.'

'You are so welcome dear, anything for my baby sister.' His eyes were focused on the road, he turned on the travigator light.

'Hahan Indi that's not the way home.'

'There is a restaurant I want us to check out.'

'No na, it is almost 5pm mummy will soon be back.'

'Is it that you're not hungry?' He slowed and stopped as the traffic light turned red. He glanced at her and winked.

'Oh big bro I am but...'

'My sugar level is low, I'll faint soon.'

She could say same for herself, at least if she was going to cry, it was best to do so on a full stomach. Ini relaxed as the car was in motion again.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 10:09pm On Aug 21, 2013
The blast from the speakers continued and the boys and girls in groups gave it their best.

Iniobong swayed her hips from side to side and whistled joining the uproar of the crowd of youths all gathered to watch the dance challenge.

'I thought I could dance until now, I don't even know a jot of dancing.' Indifreke nudged his sister before throwing his hands in the air.

Ini laughed eyes not leaving the stage and clapped while Indi joined in the dance steps they were now displaying.

TWO HOURS LATER,

Ini sipped from the can guava juice. 'Thanks big bro, I really had fun.'

'You are so welcome dear, anything for my baby sister.' His eyes were focused on the road, he turned on the travigator light.

'Hahan Indi that's not the way home.'

'There is a restaurant I want us to check out.'

'No na, it is almost 5pm mummy will soon be back.'

'Is it that you're not hungry?' He slowed and stopped as the traffic light turned red. He glanced at her and winked.

'Oh big bro I am but...'

'My sugar level is low, I'll faint soon.'

She could say same for herself, at least if she was going to cry, it was best to do so on a full stomach. Ini relaxed as the car was in motion again.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by yemi2plus(m): 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2013
Nice one dear. Double updates
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 10:57pm On Aug 21, 2013
Imaobong watched then from her room window upstairs expecting to be shivering like trees in harmattan.
They had come out of the car almost at same time. From what she saw, Ini had said something to him and his reply must have been mischievous because She laughed and chase him into the house.

They had indeed swore to see her worst, is it that they didn't know she should she should be home by now? She sat on the bed and shook her legs. She will teach then never to mess with her again!

The door bell rang for the fourth time and she strolled to the door. Ima opened,

They stared at her.

She glared at them.

Even Ini, her own Ini dared to stare, things were really getting out of hand!

'Open defiance.' She smirk, 'very well then go back to where you are coming from and sleep there!' Ima slammed the door and locked it.

Indi burst out laughing hard and long.

'Do you think she's bluffing?' Panick surge through her.

'What do I care!' Indi managed in between bouts. 'We won.' He clutch his abdomen.

'We can't sleep outside.'Ini fetched her phone. 'I have to call dad and tell him everything, he has to know we are now prisoners in our house!' Pacing in anger, she dialled the number.

Indi rest on the wall and watched in his sister, that was a rare part of her.

'No...' She dialled again. 'Oh No ... His number is not available.'

'We had a great time and nothing will make me regret.'

'Let us beg her.' She raise a hand to press the door bell.

Indi pulled her towards him and she faced him. 'We didn't do anything wrong and we are not begging her. Didn't you see those younger than you're out there?'

'I did Indi but...' She gestured towards the door.

'We will sleep in the car, enough is enough.' He look down to her arms, the marks were still there. 'She abused you Ini, let her sleep in the house alone.' He led out by the waist, 'Sleeping in the car won't kill us.'

Somehow she felt strong. 'Thank God we ate.' She whispered.

Indi grinned.

Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 10:58pm On Aug 21, 2013
yemi2plus2: Nice one dear. Double updates
Na network de use me do yeye. Thks my dear.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Jiteshell(f): 11:06pm On Aug 21, 2013
Time to change from operation chop-clean-mouth.
I love tonights update, the little step Ini is taking, keep it up.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 11:46pm On Aug 21, 2013
'Good morning ma.'

Mama Bisi embraced the Child all in smiles.

'Good morning my love. How are you? what have you eaten?'

'Mummy...' Chidubem chuckled as he led her to a seat, she sat and placed him on her lap.

'I'm fine, thanks. Dad made chicken stew last night, I ate it with rice.

'Nice. I ordered pizza, popcorn and icecream.'

'Woah!' He went wide eyed with excitement. 'It's going to be a jolly good day.' He sang patting his abdomen and that made her laugh heartily. 'Thank you ma.'

'I missed you so much.' She drew him close and kissed him on the cheek.

He felt so loved and looked forward to mornings when he saw her.

'Chidubem didn't you miss me?' She pouted

'I did ma.' He smiled.

Later when he had settled, she gave him the popcorn and slid the DVD. She hid the remote and went to the bathroom.

At first he watched baffled, then the nudity and moaning started, it grew louder. He became scared. He called her and searched for the remote to no avail. In his panick, he switched off the wall socket.

Chidubem sat close to the door hugging his kneels dazed.

An hour later, Mama Bisi came out stark naked. Chidubem stood to flee but the door was locked and the key was no where in sight.

Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 8:55am On Aug 22, 2013
Morenike was baffled when she turned the handle and the door opened. She was sure she had locked the door, she was not expecting Temi anytime soon.

It dawned on her and heart beat quickened. Jide... Olajide! She quickened her steps into the room expectantly.

Olajide place the last shirt in the bag and his hand was on the zip when the door opened.

Relief rushed through her and she almost ran to him but stopped short when she sighted the bag.

'Olajide!' Her bag dropped.

He turned to look at her, she looked pale and thin, her face held horror, making guilt swept through him. He knew he could never muster enough guts in her presence to move out, that's why he chose a time, he was sure she won't be home.

Some minutes passed between them.

'It's good you are here Morenike, it is goodbye from me.' He lifted the bag from the bed and made for the door.

Morenike kneel. 'You can't leave me like this, I will go crazy.' Her palms closed in front of her.

'Seven good years Nike, I need to move with my life and you need to move on with yours. Looks like we've been cursed.'

Tears filled her eyes, 'No Jide, there is something you need to know.' Morenike stood

'No.' He was not ready to go soft. He dropped his bag, grabbed her shoulders and pushed her away.

She screamed and landed sprawled on the floor. For a moment, she remained motionless.

He hadn't expected to push her with so much force. He could hear his heart beat as he watched her.

Morenike gnashed her teeth, she tried to sit up but groaned and laid back. She raised a hand beckoning.

Olajide saw blood. 'Nike!' He gasped.

He picked her bag and searched for her car keys. He found it and lifted her.

'I am pregnant.' She whispered.

'Oh Jesus, Jesus Christ. Baby I'm sorry.' He hurried out broken. 'Oh God please... have mercy.' He fought back his tears.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 8:57am On Aug 22, 2013
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 9:09pm On Aug 22, 2013
'I won't pay an extra. If you like change his school a thousand and one time in a school session.' Mnenga slipped his legs into the sandals. 'My wife and I didn't run to school all time the girls were spanked. We never changed school for them.'

Shadia frowned, she didn't like the way he had been comparing anytime he got wind of Prince misbehavior. 'Darling, don't be like that, he is your only son.'

'Shut up Shadia! I never have the headache you and son are giving me when I'm with my family. Do you think they ask me if I have a son before I'm awarded a contract?' He hissed. 'If you want to turn Prince to a rotten piece, be my guest but tell me no more!' He stood and adjusted his Buba.

She dared not talk back to her 15 years older than her- husband. She stamped her feet murmuring as she picked her bag. His voice was laced with so much disappointment.

At the door, he practically eyed her. I'm giving you and your son five minutes to be in the car if you want to still attend the occasion.'

Shadia took a glance at the mirror and dashed out to Prince's room deciding to have a one on one with her son later in the day .

In the car,

'Mummy can I get icecream?'

Mnenga gave his wife a burning side glance. The car descended the bridge.

'Dearie we can't now, probably on our way back.'

'Okay.' Prince unbuckle his seat belt, stood and began raising the tennis ball he had come along with.

'Pp sit, I've told you not to play in the car.'

He ignored her and continued raising the ball.

In a swift moment, the ball hit the windscreen and onto Mnenga's lap. The car swerved to a halt.

Before Shadia could recover, Mnenga had pulled Prince out of the car via his ears and landed him a heavy slap.

Shadia scrambled out. 'Mnenga haba..,' she snatched him away. 'you want to kill him ehen?'

Prince tear gland opened. 'Oh mum...my.' He sobbed.

Nmenga glared at them, he was so angry that he couldn't talk. He had not not parked well, he got back into the car, took his wife bag and threw it out. 'Find your way to the occasion.'

'You can't...'

The car sped away and her mouth went agape.

'Daddy hate... me.' He sobbed holding his head. 'my head hurt.'

She picked her bag not hearing what Prince said. Her mind was occupied- her husband action and how she had to trek back the road on heels to the nearest taxi park.

Prince held both cheeks. ' Mummy, daddy hate me.'

Re: Dotted Lines ... by Jiteshell(f): 10:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
Like that.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2013
Jiteshell: Like that.
How do you mean?
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
SEVEN
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2013
Jiteshell: Like that.
cheesy Oh, you mean you like the story?
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Jiteshell(f): 9:49am On Aug 24, 2013
Queen xstar: cheesy Oh, you mean you like the story?
yes, hope nothing terrible happens to Morenike o
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2013
@jiteshell, I hope so too.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by babyzai(f): 4:27pm On Aug 24, 2013
@ d begining i was kinda confused bt its becoming clearer,thanks girl nd well done

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Six Lessons Of Life (fun) / Nairaland Literary Award (2020) Winners / HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.