Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? (20389 Views)

3 Text Messages To Send Your Ex Girlfriend To Make Her Come Running Back To You / Guys Or Babes, Who Lose Their Virginity The Earliest? / My Girlfriend To Be Eats Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by White007(m): 12:21pm On Jul 28, 2013
What Do You Do When Your Spouse/Loved One Doesn't Exercise.

I’ve been dating someone for the last year who has been talking about losing weight and has yet to do so. I would say she is easily 40 lbs overweight.

I’ve tried working out with her with no success. She loves food and has a tendency to lay down and even nap after dinner. All she wants to do is lay down. It makes me crazy.

We’ve tried talking about it and the only thing that happens is we argue and I get disgusted. If I encourage her to join me for walks or any activity she gives up right away.

I want to see her get better because I know it will affect her health as she ages and I don’t know what to do. I care very much for her but I feel I’m fighting a losing battle.

I welcome all suggestions, please.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by OmoAlata1(f): 1:12pm On Jul 28, 2013
That is a really really tough one. The saying "you can only help those who want to help themselves" comes to mind. You can't really force nor talk someone into doing something that they are not emotionally ready to do. The person has to get to that point on their own.

I live a very healthy lifestyle so I know what is it like to be with someone who is the completely opposite of you. It makes you very annoyed, irritated, disappointed and a little resentful. If you love the person a lot, you can only sit and hope for the day they reach that level on their own. Because the more you trying to push them, the more they will not do it. If healthy living is extremely important to you and being with someone who follows the same philosophy is as important, then you may have to walk away from them.

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2013
I think having a kind, heart to heart with her is the way to go. However, it will be hard because you met her that way and you liked her. I mean, her weight was the very first thing you noticed about her and you still went ahead to date her so of course there will be resistance to you trying to change that. Walking away should be a strong consideration for you to be honest.

Bear in mind that without a lifestyle of exercise, she probably easily has another 20-40lbs to gain after marriage and childbirth. You did well by trying to exercise with her but she needs to get it herself or you will continue being frustrated and get resentful. Maybe encouraging her to do a health check up with a good doctor interested in preventive health to check things like her Bp, blood sugar, insulin and cholesterol may help? If she discovers diabetes or heart attack is knocking at the door, that may be the extra push she needs.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Kreamie(m): 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2013
By Hiding food from her...For every exercise, she gets the appropriate ration for the day grin

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
Very easy: Ojukokoro grin grin.

Start oogling the competition and she'll hit the damn gym fast grin grin.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by OmoAlata1(f): 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
Kreamie: By Hiding food from her...For every exercise, she gets the appropriate ration for the day grin

That will only work in the ideal world smiley

1 Like

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2013

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by statrboiTolu(m): 1:39pm On Jul 28, 2013
Let him use juju grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by bankyblue(m): 1:41pm On Jul 28, 2013
Treating her with slim beautiful chick, and give her the
Last warning to fall into shape.

That's all.

9 Likes

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by ITbomb(m): 1:45pm On Jul 28, 2013
Sounds familiar
Are you the Bedguy?
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by DICKtator: 1:45pm On Jul 28, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by free2ryhme: 1:45pm On Jul 28, 2013
White007: What Do You Do When Your Spouse/Loved One Doesn't Exercise.

I’ve been dating someone for the last year who has been talking about losing weight and has yet to do so. I would say she is easily 40 lbs overweight.

I’ve tried working out with her with no success. She loves food and has a tendency to lay down and even nap after dinner. All she wants to do is lay down. It makes me crazy.

We’ve tried talking about it and the only thing that happens is we argue and I get disgusted. If I encourage her to join me for walks or any activity she gives up right away.

I want to see her get better because I know it will affect her health as she ages and I don’t know what to do. I care very much for her but I feel I’m fighting a losing battle.

You can take the horse to ths stream but you cant make it drink water.. Bros you are fighting a lost cause.. I admire your courage to want to see a fellow human like you succeed but when the individual in question is not ready for chnage what else can you do

The problem has been identified and a solution proffered but she is not willing...

I will only advise you to abandon her becuase such a person in life will always be a drag

As long as you are with her she will always misbehave

Finally: i dont believe in bf/gf .. make u no take your wife do g/f and g/f do wife ooo

na my own 2 shillings contribution be dis

1 Like

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 28, 2013
What I did in my case was shop for the best 'romantically' looking treadmill and gym bicycle and got a nice projector on the wall of the gym and play nice exercise videos. I didnt have to talk about it, but I did make a good impression and now, my lady can pass for one of the greatest models of all times. You could do the same.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Amoshie(m): 1:46pm On Jul 28, 2013
I understand ur situation its not easy at all trying to help someone who is not ready to him/her self. so i suggest u start by motivating her with some few exercises dat she can do comfortably in da room like up n down, little stretches...n many more (u can google for some simple exercises) dat she can start with in d room.
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Dermie: 1:47pm On Jul 28, 2013
by giving her MULTIVITAMIN... grin
or you tell her she would live long by loosing weight
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by DICKtator: 1:51pm On Jul 28, 2013
White007: What Do You Do When Your Spouse/Loved One Doesn't Exercise.

When you want to have sexxx with her, make sure she does the "sit-down-on-the-nail" position.As she goes up and down while tigthening her Poosie walls, she would be exercising her waist, her legs and her Arsenal. It works well.
Ensure you do this frequently!!!!!
Insist that is the position you want!!!!
Do not hit her from the back cos that would only make her "bom-bom" grow bigger!!!!!

Is this the sexuality section?
oh my!!!!!
not again!!!!!
got carried away!!!!!

okay op you know what? dump her and get that Genvieve-looking-i-wanna-smash-everynight-cos-she-makes-me-hard-all-the-time geh!!!!

grin grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by nbright: 1:52pm On Jul 28, 2013
In Riley Freeman's voice... Toss her groupie asz on the street and let her starve.. That'll teach her

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by frodobee: 1:52pm On Jul 28, 2013
Mine is different. She called a month ago to tell me that she wants to meet a dentist for an orthodontist procedure to reduce the amount of food she can eat and invariably loose weight.
It was my turn to advice her to not do things that will affect her health drastically.
Point is, if she doesnt want to help herself, there is nothing u can do about it.
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Aksonman: 1:52pm On Jul 28, 2013
Take her on a romantic vacation...to Somalia.

9 Likes

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Decryptor(m): 1:53pm On Jul 28, 2013
Why are you trying to carve out gold out of bronze? She is simply uninterested in getting help for herself. Stop fighting someone else's battle. The best you can do is to leave her so she meets someone who will appreciate her. QED!
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by stanech: 1:54pm On Jul 28, 2013
Just give me her contact and leave her with me for 2months. Na u go dey beg am 2 fat after that.
PS I have references...
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
use juju.. or inject steroids in her food..

d way she go wan exercise go tire yhu
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by israel007: 1:57pm On Jul 28, 2013
Billyonaire: What I did in my case was shop for the best 'romantically' looking treadmill and gym bicycle and got a nice projector on the wall of the gym and play nice exercise videos. I didnt have to talk about it, but I did make a good impression and now, my lady can pass for one of the greatest models of all times. You could do the same.

Like that
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by free2ryhme: 1:57pm On Jul 28, 2013
Decryptor: Why are you trying to carve out gold out of bronze? She is simply uninterested in getting help for herself. Stop fighting someone else's battle. The best you can do is to leave her so she meets someone who will appreciate her. QED!

listen to this guy ooo.. he speaketh well cheesy
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by AKMoney1(m): 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
[size=15pt] Ok wait I'm coming [/size]grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by sweetcheecks(f): 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
Just do not talk about her weight whatever you do. It depresses her more than motivate her. Rather, play the reverse psych on her. Tell her that you actually realised you like big girls. And she is just perfect for you and try to convince her you mean it. You will not need to motivate her to loose weight, she will do it on her own.

Women sometimes do not like their boyfriends to point out something unattractive about them, it depresses them more than it encourages them. I think undecided

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by ireneidiva(f): 2:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
No hope
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
fu*ck u and ur modafucking fatty
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by DICKtator: 2:03pm On Jul 28, 2013
sweetcheecks: Just do not talk about her weight whatever you do. It depresses her more than motivate her. Rather, play the reverse psych on her. Tell her that you actually realised you like big girls. And she is just perfect for you and try to convince her you mean it. You will not need to motivate her to loose weight, she will do it on her own.

Women sometimes do not like their boyfriends to point out something unattractive about them, it depresses them more than it encourages them. I think undecided

Op kindly ignore this post if you do not want your girl looking like Precious, Madam that is Commander-in-Chief alias the First man, the old Monique or Eniola Badmus

grin grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by free2ryhme: 2:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
sweetcheecks: Just do not talk about her weight whatever you do. It depresses her more than motivate her. Rather, play the reverse psych on her. Tell her that you actually realised you like big girls. And she is just perfect for you and try to convince her you mean it. You will not need to motivate her to loose weight, she will do it on her own.

I totally disagree

lets call a spade a spade

tell her the truth about how you feel because it is hurting you .. must you lie to her all in the name of reverse pyschology

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by DICKtator: 2:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
Ebig22: fu*ck u and ur modafucking fatty

Your signature seems to be conveying a message to you!!!
Aptly written!!!!
shhhssshhh!!!! keep quiet and listen............................................................................................

ahhh..............
there it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Mid-life Crisis. / What Do Guys Admire In A Lady? / Nigerian Reacts As Man Sucks Edo Girl's Boobs Inside Public Swimming Pool (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.