Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,711 members, 7,955,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:37 PM

Insult Or Compliment? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Insult Or Compliment? (2555 Views)

Is This An Insult Or What?! / Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? / Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insult Or Compliment? by caramel007(f): 6:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
This desire to open this thread was borne out of two incidents that happened to me recently and I want to know if my opinion is shared by a larger percentage of people especially the female folks. So here we go..

1. There was this guy I met recently and while out on a date, this was what happened. It happened that I was walking in front and he was coming up behind me. The next question thing I heard was 'has anyone ever told you that you have a wonderful backside?' I felt far from being complimented knowing that he had no qualms making obvious what he should have hidden.

2. I changed my display picture on my bbm today with a picture that wasn't even exposed at all. My friend (or shold I say aquaintance) pinged 'nice cleavage'. I had the same feeling I felt with the above episode. I simply ignored the comment like I didn't see it.

So for the ladies, pls share your experiences if u have one. Did it come across as a compliment or are u like 'no biggies'?

And for the guys ( u could share ur experiences too if u don't mind) would you go ahead and compliment a lady on her 'assets' (u know the ones I m talking about)? If its okay, wat would make u do that?

Would love to hear your views.

Cheers!
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by haitto99(m): 6:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
as a guy I see it as rude unless am dating d lady
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by shirleywhyte(f): 6:38pm On Jul 29, 2013
It's freaking rude and annoying, but it's okkay if you are dating the guyy..
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by Enegod(m): 6:44pm On Jul 29, 2013
there is nth rude abt it....i think you are rude for not seeing it as a compliment...
or maybe you have a flat yansh and he told you that you have a big yansh..then,that's rude
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by Daresh(f): 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
caramel007: This desire to open this thread was borne out of two incidents that happened to me recently and I want to know if my opinion is shared by a larger percentage of people especially the female folks. So here we go..

1. There was this guy I met recently and while out on a date, this was what happened. It happened that I was walking in front and he was coming up behind me. The next question thing I heard was 'has anyone ever told you that you have a wonderful backside?' I felt far from being complimented knowing that he had no qualms making obvious what he should have hidden.

2. I changed my display picture on my bbm today with a picture that wasn't even exposed at all. My friend (or shold I say aquaintance) pinged 'nice cleavage'. I had the same feeling I felt with the above episode. I simply ignored the comment like I didn't see it.

So for the ladies, pls share your experiences if u have one. Did it come across as a compliment or are u like 'no biggies'?

And for the guys ( u could share ur experiences too if u don't mind) would you go ahead and compliment a lady on her 'assets' (u know the ones I m talking about)? If its okay, wat would make u do that?

Cheers!

He's looking at u as a sex creature, not with respect
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by Adufaye(m): 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
caramel007: This desire to open this thread was borne out of two incidents that happened to me recently and I want to know if my opinion is shared by a larger percentage of people especially the female folks. So here we go..

Cheers!
is dat ya pic? If yes.........damm u d prettiest babe eva!!! Ma mama go run mad if I show her U
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by Smuthx(m): 6:51pm On Jul 29, 2013
How can you see it as an insult... its not. Someone you went on a date with and a close or work friend. They are complimenting you. Ladies love those. Is not only when you are dating a guy that he will tell you such. Hope you dont low-self esteem about your body.
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by shirleywhyte(f): 6:53pm On Jul 29, 2013
You are vewy pweetyyy oooo..*No homo*
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 29, 2013
Insult and a lil awkward........There're are better ways to say it, the dude appears dull.

Plus no one wants to be sexually objectified by random dudes except u get paid for your "assets".
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by xynerise: 7:28pm On Jul 29, 2013
shirley whyte: You a vewy pweetyyy oooo..*No homo*
Thats not her. That pic is popular
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by shirleywhyte(f): 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2013
xynerise:
Thats not her. That pic is popular

Hhmmmmmmmm, you don't mean it? undecided
Thank you bro

@Op, why are you using aa picture that's not yours?? angry
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by Mynd44: 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by caramel007(f): 8:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
@shirley, yeah that's not me. Xynerise was right, it is a very popular pic so I just assumed most people would know. Besides, nairaland is a faceless forumn y would I want too use my real pic? I love the pic by the way cos I share u view abt d girl too. She is very pweety!
Sori if I misled u.

1 Like

Re: Insult Or Compliment? by caramel007(f): 8:34pm On Jul 29, 2013
Mynd_44: Hmmm
Mynd pls say something (in english)lol
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by shirleywhyte(f): 8:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
^^ no probs...
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by Mynd44: 8:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
caramel007:
Mynd pls say something (in english)lol
There is nothing to say here
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 29, 2013
@op i react the same way you do if i get such. Most times i jokingly insult the person, jst to keep him off.
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by caramel007(f): 8:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
@chidyhels, I find it awkward, I mean u can only make that statement if u ve achieved some level of familiarity with the person. Like some have mentioned I.e if you are dating the girl.
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 29, 2013
I guess he thought it was a compliment..but maybe it was too much too soon, i mean he didnt know u like dat!

caramel007: @shirley, yeah that's not me. Xynerise was right, it is a very popular pic so I just assumed most people would know. Besides, nairaland is a faceless forumn y would I want too use my real pic? I love the pic by the way cos I share u view abt d girl too. She is very pweety!
Sori if I misled u.

lol well at least u have great taste in fake pp..the girl in the pic is gawjuss after all smiley
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by Godson201333(m): 8:57pm On Jul 29, 2013
let me see before i can decide
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by caramel007(f): 4:41pm On Jul 30, 2013
@godson, what do you want to see?
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2013
Well, i do that almost everytime. I am actually a natural flirt, and i want to fucck any beautiful lady too.

So, what's the sin in making sexual advances?
U can only say 'no' wen he finally asks.

No wahala dey for that one na undecided

By the way:: u are seriously some beauty grin
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by caramel007(f): 8:45pm On Jul 30, 2013
@slide. Once again, that's not me though I m gorgeous too! *winks*
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 31, 2013
Daresh:

He's looking at u as a sex creature, not with respect

Ditto this.. Its not respectful. angry
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by Mynd44: 6:32am On Jul 31, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Ditto this.. Its not respectful. angry
The funny thing is that some girls actually like it
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 31, 2013
Mynd_44:
The funny thing is that some girls actually like it

Let them grin
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by Mynd44: 6:39am On Jul 31, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Let them grin
grin
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by Austinodark(m): 7:41am On Jul 31, 2013
First of all,can we see the backside!
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by Riskymallam: 7:52am On Jul 31, 2013
I find this amusing, but telling someone exactly hoe you feel about them without making it come off as an insult requires tact and sincerity.

But the thing is, most guys don't have any of the above viz: Tact and sincerity.

No 1 Scenario: The guy should have gently mentioned it in passing without calling attention to it.

No 2: He chose to see ur cleavage, wacky at best. Or he probably was extremely ho.rny at the time grin
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by caramel007(f): 8:24am On Jul 31, 2013
Mynd finally said something.

Seriously I just feel some things are better left unsaid. It takes a 'gentleman' to know that. Obviously such species are in the monirity.
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by Mynd44: 8:39am On Jul 31, 2013
caramel007: Mynd finally said something.

Seriously I just feel some things are better left unsaid. It takes a 'gentleman' to know that. Obviously such species are in the monirity.
Everyone is just wired differently that's all. If you find that a man is not good enough or too direct, go for the next
Re: Insult Or Compliment? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 31, 2013
Mynd_44:
Everyone is just wired differently that's all. If you find that a man is not good enough or too direct, go for the next
... and keeping jumping from bed to bed (conclusion of Mynd's mind)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Share With Us, The Worst Response To "I Love You" That You Have Ever Heard.. / T / My Experience With A Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.