Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,591 members, 7,955,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:50 PM

UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home (30209 Views)

We Pay Between 300 - 500 Naira To Enter Nigeria – Illegal Immigrants (Pictured) / Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship / UK Illegal Immigrants ‘May Get Amnesty To Stay’ – Sky News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Godson201333(m): 10:22am On Jul 30, 2013
manneger2: Thank God ASUU strike will be call off this week ;DThank God ASUU strike will be call off this week

so what has ASUU got to do with UK?Are you a learner?
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 30, 2013
Afam4eva: I'm currently on mobile. Will be right back.

ghen ghen.. ..
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Rhemmymatician(m): 10:22am On Jul 30, 2013
Shebi we sat down jejely in our HOMES. When dey came to enslave us. Now they want to return the used slaves.
Trouble sidon yanga go wake am o. Nobody dey go anywhere!!! Dis Obodo UKk we must to live am together

5 Likes

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 30, 2013
Like everything in life, if you are on the RIGHT side of the LAW you need not fear.

There is nothing special about the UK , to be here illegally , is tantamount to consigning your better years to waste and regret. Don't do it.

Many legals came here when the economy was booming and hope was everywhere, they are entrenched in the system with a high rate of survivability.

For the newbies, even legals, it is a big challenge , talk less of illegals.

If I were an illegal and they gave me £6000, I will be back in Naija fairly quickly. smiley

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Rhemmymatician(m): 10:27am On Jul 30, 2013
But then, the Van idea is more threatening than coercing. What's with the 'cuffs' and the 'nos evicted in ur area' boldly put on it. And why does it take £15,000 to yank someone of the streets and toss him/her in a plane? I should get that contract. Will do it for much less.

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by fr3do(m): 10:44am On Jul 30, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: I think this is a good trend, the Brits have started growing a spine. Cultural Diversity is no longer a fashionable term when you have to live with people who despise your open culture and want you to adopt their evidently inferior culture (By Force or Attrition). Good Move

gibberish

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by slimfit1(m): 10:46am On Jul 30, 2013
The UK is not the problem we are the problem. They are doing things that their people want. Let our legislature s too do what we want then this would not be and issue for us all to discuss.

Many nigerians would tell you they don't want to live in UK but what options do they have back home ? Nothing for most of them that don't have connection.

The UK parliament are doing what they are voted to do make laws to reduce foreigners from coming in ours should do the same make laws that would make our lifes better very simple.

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by greall1: 10:50am On Jul 30, 2013
It"s Time for Nigeria govt to wake and start create employment. Provide infrasture. Stop embezzlement. E.t.e
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 10:52am On Jul 30, 2013
adaobi123:

I know right ? They should just stick with house raiding thing they are used to.

grin grin grin illegals don't open doors for strangers any more

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Afam4eva(m): 10:53am On Jul 30, 2013
I don't whom to blame. Is it the British people who have nothing to offer the world but keeps feeling funky even in the face of poverty that's ravaging their country or should i blame the Ngerians who prefer to live as refugees in a poor country than to relocate to their own country. The truth is, i can't even blame the British because the poverty that's in that country has given rise to these actions that aims at reintegrating British Nationals who have lost their jobs to illegal aliens.

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 30, 2013
justwise:

grin grin grin illegals don't open doors for strangers any more

Lol grin

But the immigration force can forcibly make their way in, remember ?
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by AjanleKoko: 10:55am On Jul 30, 2013
Afam4eva: The truth is, i can't even blame the British because the poverty that's in that country has given rise to these actions that aims at reintegrating British Nationals who have lost their jobs to illegal aliens.

That's the interesting thing.
How is it possible for British nationals to lose their jobs to illegals?
Can't get my head around that. How is it possible?
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by segzicres(m): 10:56am On Jul 30, 2013
Abeg ya'll should come back home abeg! And let everyone go and develop areaS where they come from. That's the onl yway nigeria can move forward.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:59am On Jul 30, 2013
Do normal people who can't play soccer, but willing to make money live in the UK? undecided

God forbid i go over that useless place!!!

It's just like going to prot harcourt without an appointment in the oil or construction firm!

U are so dead!!

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 10:59am On Jul 30, 2013
adaobi123:

Lol grin

But the immigration force can forcibly make their way in, remember ?

Yes but without their passports you can't deport them, many destroy or hide their passports away from the house, getting TC from embassies is not easy as many embassies are not in a hurry to corporate with UKBA
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Btruth: 11:00am On Jul 30, 2013
.........been there, done that. I've always advice people that there's nothing left in the UK, excepts you are going on holidays or on a business trip.

Sorry guys!, there's no place like home.

cool

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Afam4eva(m): 11:00am On Jul 30, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Don't the illegal aliens in that country have menialor even good jobs that they are doing? Are they not ntaking the spot that would have been meant for a British National?
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by onyxo76(m): 11:01am On Jul 30, 2013
3000 pounds bond to enter UK, now posters and banners to inform you of your unwelcome stay.Whats so special about UK anyway?
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 11:02am On Jul 30, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Its profitable but risky to employ illegal immigrants because the company will pay them below minimum wage and avoid paying NI to the govt.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Afam4eva(m): 11:02am On Jul 30, 2013
Btruth: .........been there, done that. I've always advice people that there's nothing left in the UK, excepts you are going on holidays or on a business trip.

cool
Gbam...Most people i know are only going there to school after which they remove their shoes and take off. It even makes better sense living in a lot of African countries than the UK. The UK is dead.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Godson201333(m): 11:03am On Jul 30, 2013
This is Gonna be a bad news for MR corK grin grin
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by wayodude(m): 11:04am On Jul 30, 2013
horlabiyi: What's Special In The UK ?

Go outside the embassy in Lagos and ask this very good question. Go with you mopol sha because you fit chop slap plenty. Sorry oo cheesy

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 11:05am On Jul 30, 2013
Btruth: .........been there, done that. I've always advice people that there's nothing left in the UK, excepts you are going on holidays or on a business trip.

cool

That is contradicting, there is something there if its good for holiday and business.

Oh i get it!! They are not dashing out freebies any more...
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 11:07am On Jul 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
Gbam...Most people i know are only going there to school after which they remove their shoes and take off. It even makes better sense living in a lot of African countries than the UK. The UK is dead.

Why do you preferred studying in the UK than African countries even as its far more expensive to study in the UK?
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by wayodude(m): 11:09am On Jul 30, 2013
justwise:

Why do you preferred studying in the UK than African countries even as its far more expensive to study in the UK?

Forget that guy. Responding to him makes it seem like one hasnt got other things to do. His bitterness certainly stems from a past event he will rather not share. Deep down he knows. Nuff said

5 Likes

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 30, 2013
They have got good and qualitative education than most African countries,although, very expensive.
justwise:

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Piyke: 11:12am On Jul 30, 2013
One thing is clear in all of this, THE UK IS STRUGGLING.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Afam4eva(m): 11:13am On Jul 30, 2013
justwise:

The educational system is better than what is obtained in Nigeria. The point people are making here is that UK is not the place one goes to settle. They have ok schools and relics that attracts tourist but as far as settling down in that country, it's a NO NO. Btw, i would never even consider schooling in the UK because i rate the American, Canadian and Irish education higher. UK as a country has become redundant.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by lacasa: 11:15am On Jul 30, 2013
​ so​ most nairalanders dey comot UK be that?

Oma se o cheesy
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Afam4eva(m): 11:17am On Jul 30, 2013
lacasa: ​ so​ most nairalanders dey comot UK be that?

Oma se o cheesy
It's Coogar and Desola that i pity the most. They won't be privileged to BT Internet again and therefore will be unable to be on Nairaland 24/7 abusing people. Gob bless them sha.

3 Likes

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by AjanleKoko: 11:19am On Jul 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
Don't the illegal aliens in that country have menial or even good jobs that they are doing? Are they not taking the spot that would have been meant for a British National?

I don't think so, at least not in the UK. It would be very difficult for you to hold a white-collar, tax-paying job without legal status. If busted, the company will be in big trouble.
Menial jobs, I don't know what you mean. Apart from common labourer work (I know people who use Chinese migrants in construction), everything else is well-regulated.

justwise:

Its profitable but risky to employ illegal immigrants because the company will pay them below minimum wage and avoid paying NI to the govt.

Yeah i know what you mean. A friend of mine, long time ago, worked as an illegal in some shop in Dalston. he was earning 50 quid a week or thereabouts. Complained to no end, but the guy (naija guy as well) just told him to shut up or take a walk cheesy Life as an illegal immigrant anywhere can't be easy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Dana Air Slashes Fares To N7200 / Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) / LASG Unveils Lagos Ride Scheme.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.