Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,865 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home (29149 Views)

We Pay Between 300 - 500 Naira To Enter Nigeria – Illegal Immigrants (Pictured) / Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship / UK Illegal Immigrants ‘May Get Amnesty To Stay’ – Sky News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Godson201333(m): 7:25am On Aug 04, 2013
rafcrown: When you Spotted the AKA. Racist VAn,no. Signs of Flat tyres,Parking Ticket,Tired driver ETC.
Look properly because I believe that the Racist Van won't run for ever.I am afteR when it would be grounded.
SAY NO TO RACISM..PERIOD.

I am never a big Fan of the UK and never like that goddamn country.They are the people disturbing Africans without contributing nothing...World activists are already against all this stuff.That is why i said they cannot finish what they have started.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 8:02am On Aug 04, 2013
Godson201333:

I am never a big Fan of the UK and never like that goddamn country.They are the people disturbing Africans without contributing nothing...World activists are already against all this stuff.That is why i said they cannot finish what they have started.

Are you sure about that? How much is Nigeria alone getting from the UK yearly?
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 04, 2013
@Godson201333..........l think the reverse should be the case to your comment, Nigeria and other third world countries benefit hugely from the UK...
justwise:

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by AjanleKoko: 1:09pm On Aug 05, 2013
justwise:

Getting in what terms?
I am sure far more money leaves Nigeria for the UK, than the other way around.

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by biolabee(m): 7:42am On Aug 08, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Getting in what terms?

Not sure..... remittances are mostly to developing countries though I grant that the reverse flow is getting sizable
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by NellyGhenghen(m): 1:04am On Aug 09, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Getting in what terms?

exactly!! 40% of the total international students(paying full tuition no scholarships) in the uk are Nigerians, plus do you know how much the uk makes from Nigerian visa applicants every month? talk more of people that write IELTS AND TOEFEL?? im sure Nigeria has the highest number of candidates in Africa for these exams. plus the money they make from british airways in nigeria, who go Uk pass Nigerians??. they are gaining far more from us from my point of view, why dyu think they always put effort to make things right whenever our govt threatens them? you think its cos they like us? lol
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 8:59am On Aug 09, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Getting in what terms?

In terms of aid, Nigeria receives millions of pounds every year from the UK govt, money leaving Nigeria to the UK is not aid, Nigeria don't send aid to the UK govt
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 9:02am On Aug 09, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen:

exactly!! 40% of the total international students(paying full tuition no scholarships) in the uk are Nigerians, plus do you know how much the uk makes from Nigerian visa applicants every month? talk more of people that write IELTS AND TOEFEL?? im sure Nigeria has the highest number of candidates in Africa for these exams. plus the money they make from british airways in nigeria, who go Uk pass Nigerians??. they are gaining far more from us from my point of view, why dyu think they always put effort to make things right whenever our govt threatens them? you think its cos they like us? lol

Sorry your argument makes no sense and 40% of International students in the UK are not Nigerians.

We are talking about aid here, now money you spent on something you want.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by AjanleKoko: 9:54am On Aug 09, 2013
justwise:

Sorry your argument makes no sense and 40% of International students in the UK are not Nigerians.

We are talking about aid here, now money you spent on something you want.

Whatever aid (if any) Nigeria receives from Britain cannot possibly trump the profits received by the many British companies operating in Nigeria, salaries paid to British expats in the energy, telecom, and manufacturing sectors, and even visa fees.

Are you saying the UK is in the business of 'dashing' money to third world countries? undecided
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 10:26am On Aug 09, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Whatever aid (if any) Nigeria receives from Britain cannot possibly trump the profits received by the many British companies operating in Nigeria, salaries paid to British expats in the energy, telecom, and manufacturing sectors, and even visa fees.

Are you saying the UK is in the business of 'dashing' money to third world countries? undecided

Bros you are mixing this up, British companies in Nigeria are an investment into Nigerian economy and it benefits both parties, those companies employes Nigerians and pay tax to Nigerian govt.

The UK aid money is money given to Nigeria for things like education, health etc Nigeria receives in average of £250 million yearly from the UK govt, this is nothing new.

Why you and some other people here talking about money the British embassy makes from visa applicants? Did they force you to apply? Do you want to get it for free? Does Nigerian embassies around the world give out visa free?
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2013
justwise:

Bros you are mixing this up, British companies in Nigeria are an investment into Nigerian economy and it benefits both parties, those companies employes Nigerians and pay tax to Nigerian govt.

The UK aid money is money given to Nigeria for things like education, health etc Nigeria receives in average of £250 million yearly from the UK govt, this is nothing new.

Why you and some other people here talking about money the British embassy makes from visa applicants? Did they force you to apply? Do you want to get it for free? Does Nigerian embassies around the world give out visa free?

Finito! The person that said 40% of international students are Nigerians should back it up! 40%?! Maa kan
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 5:05pm On Aug 09, 2013
naijababe:

Finito! The person that said 40% of international students are Nigerians should back it up! 40%?! Maa kan

You know! 40%? Nigerian foreign students here are not even up to 20%
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
Jesus 40% ? grin
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by coogar: 5:11pm On Aug 09, 2013
justwise:

You know! 40%? Nigerian foreign students here are not even up to 20%

more like 7%
the asians(chinese, indians, bangalores, etc) outnumber nigerians like ratio 200 to 1.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 5:17pm On Aug 09, 2013
coogar:

more like 7%
the asians(chinese, indians, bangalores, etc) outnumber nigerians like ratio 200 to 1.

So on point!!
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by coogar: 5:24pm On Aug 09, 2013
justwise:
So on point!!

and britain is about to give nigeria £1 billion to join the space race......i'd rather they line everyone up in a single file and divide that money equally. space race? wetin concern nigerians with rockets and orbit?
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 5:31pm On Aug 09, 2013
coogar:

and britain is about to give nigeria £1 billion to join the space race......i'd rather they line everyone up in a single file and divide that money equally. space race? wetin concern nigerians with rockets and orbit?

I read that and still wondering what is wrong with Nigeria, we don't have motor-able roads but we are wasting millions of money on space race? This is some sort of white elephant project that will never materialize. Honestly British govt is sick in the head for giving such ridiculous amount of money away.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by coogar: 5:35pm On Aug 09, 2013
justwise:

I read that and still wondering what is wrong with Nigeria, we don't have motor-able roads but we are wasting millions of money on space race? This is some sort of white elephant project that will never materialize. Honestly British govt is sick in the head for giving such ridiculous amount of money away.

yet people wonder why their people are getting salty about this foreign aid. how are they even sure jonathan won't convert the funds to food?
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 09, 2013
adaobi123: Jesus 40% ? grin

I know right! That post wan make me fall from iroko tree, abi how dem dey talk am for NL again :d
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 09, 2013
coogar:

yet people wonder why their people are getting salty about this foreign aid. how are they even sure jonathan won't convert the funds to food?

Between his annual food and newspaper budget, the money don finish na!
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 09, 2013
naijababe:

I know right! That post wan make me fall from iroko tree, abi how dem dey talk am for NL again :d

Lool grin

What a statistic !
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
coogar:

It really does not make any sense, though foreign aid is a 'legitimate' bribe, the UK ,US and other European countries know how to use it to get what they want. Its not completely free, it comes with condition, if they want Nigeria to support them in International level or influence any domestic policy then foreign aid will play a bigger part.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by coogar: 6:17pm On Aug 09, 2013
justwise:
It really does not make any sense, though foreign aid is a 'legitimate' bribe, the UK ,US and other European countries know how to use it to get what they want. Its not completely free, it comes with condition, if they want Nigeria to support them in International level or influence any domestic policy then foreign aid will play a bigger part.

and i keep saying this foreign aid should be stopped. this is what is empowering african leaders to unleash mayhem in their countries. N250 billion in the hands of jonathan would guarantee his re-election in 2015. APC should just give up now....
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 6:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
coogar:

and i keep saying this foreign aid should be stopped. this is what is empowering african leaders to unleash mayhem in their countries. N250 billion in the hands of jonathan would guarantee his re-election in 2015. APC should just give up now....

Foreign aid never worked, it does not reach the intended recipients, it makes people lazy, nobody care to work hard to get out of difficult situations because they know that foreign aid will be arriving soon
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
justwise:

Foreign aid never worked, it does not reach the intended recipients, it makes people lazy, nobody care to work hard to get out of difficult situations because they know that foreign aid will be arriving soon

Foreign aid that they will get back with interest! SMH
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 8:17pm On Aug 09, 2013
naijababe:

Foreign aid that they will get back with interest! SMH

Oh well...is there anything like free lunch? grin
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by AjanleKoko: 3:52pm On Aug 12, 2013
justwise:

I didn't look at it from that point of view to be honest.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by jaybee3(m): 4:50am On Oct 09, 2013
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by coogar: 11:57am On Oct 09, 2013
jay bee: Update
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24452551

trust the watchdogs to clamp on such racist policies.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by erico2k2(m): 5:56pm On Oct 13, 2013
naijababe:

What nonsense are you talking about?! angry angry angry Don't you know Afam's kinsman is the inventor of the internet!!!
Hah 9ja andriods
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by erico2k2(m): 6:04pm On Oct 13, 2013
justwise:

Yea...i feel your pain, you came with the hope of picking money on the street, living on benefit even when you are not entitled to one. Trying to get a job with visiting visa..all failed then you checked out quickly.
U fogot to add No prospect of getting a patner for life.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check / 2-Day Hailstorm Hits Katsina State (Photos) / British Airways Flight To Germany Mistakenly Lands In Scotland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.