Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari (28577 Views)

Fuel Crisis By State (report Happenings In Your Area) / How Buhari Ended Maitatsine Crisis / Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by makzeze: 5:32am On Dec 28, 2014
Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) retired General Muhammadu Buhari if elected he would end Boko Haram insurgency like he ended the Maitatsine crisis in the 1980s.

Buhari disclosed this in a video of his meeting with youth volunteers in Lagos released yesterday.
In the video, Buhari spoke on issues ranging from the economy, stabilizing the naira, politics and his stewardship at the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF).

He also repeated his call for peaceful elections and for citizens to protect their votes. He spoke about how his regime’s success in fighting domestic terrorism.

He reiterated his decisiveness in dealing with enemies of the Nigerian state, recounting an episode when Chadian troops killed Nigerian soldiers, during the regime of Hissene Habré.  This was despite the fact that Nigeria was giving petroleum products to Chad at that time.

“Unfortunately for him, (Habré) those Nigerian soldiers were under me,” Buhari  said, to laughter from the audience.

Speaking on Maitatsine crisis, the former head of state, recounted how the problem recurring after the leader of the group was first exiled by the then Emir of Kano, then returned and was killed by the police.

When the group resurrected in Adamawa, Buhari said: “I flew into Adamawa as head of  state, and that was the last you heard of Maitatsine.”

In the video Buhari took his time to explain his role in events like Nigeria’s observer status in the OIC, the so-called $2.8 billion ‘missing’ funds during his time at the NNPC, his time at the PTF, the famous 53 suitcases, among others.
Source: http://dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/news/19169-how-i-ended-maitatsine-crisis-by-buhari

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Swiftboy(m): 5:55am On Dec 28, 2014
GMB you made promises when you overthrew Shagari's government,hope you're not making empty promises like back then. You abused us back then saying we're not disciplined and your uniform men flogged us on the street like dogs...hope you're not here to finish what you started? You became corrupt and power drunk back then one reason why your government was overthrown.You denied freedom to the press hence ruled without being challenged by the opposition. Sir,we want to believe you've changed but you have made dangerous utterance that suggested the contrary and everybody knows word of mouth reveal whats in the heart. We want to believe you can solve common man's problems in Nigeria...we're still waiting for you to tell us how. What do you want to do and how do you want to do it? What will happen if you eventually loose the election? Will there be bloodshed as your supporters did the other time you lost? We have questions needing your answer. Yes we want change but we want to know the type that you're bringing. Some People say you're a BH sponsor,am sure you're not but your comments in the past seems to sympathize with them tho you later comment to the contrary. Sir, President Goodluck's administration is not really the worst in the history of the nation.Infact,some school of taught said if it were not for the BH activities his administration would've been fair to say the least as his Transformation Agenda is showing some reasonable improvement. I never get on train before untill now though its not the fastest there is. Roads are taking shapes amidst other cool stuffs. Well we know the current administration is not the best we can get,so if you're bringing change hope its not only BH you want to stop? We have other sectors as well like corruption and our finances which you fail to deal with before you were overthroned no thanks to general IBB. Sir,I will vote for you if you can answer the common questions we common Nigerians are asking. We even thought its better you dont contest again if you loose this one so that young and vibrant minds can come onboard to chat the course of this nation. Another suggestion of mine is if you dont win,you can as well make your impact felt in the coming administration by giving advice rather than thinking you can only affect the nation only by ruling it. Am sitting on the fence waiting for which one to choose between your change and president GEJ's transformation agenda because I know I have to choose wisely! Thanks.

97 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by adenine02: 5:56am On Dec 28, 2014
God bless GMB
made it
frist

92 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by flipboss(m): 5:56am On Dec 28, 2014
Hnmmmm. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by llawal: 5:57am On Dec 28, 2014
Thank God I made it to front page .... ipabs I sight you...noting concern me about the matter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Nobody: 5:57am On Dec 28, 2014
SAI BUHARI

BUHARI TILL 2019

111 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by banky222: 5:57am On Dec 28, 2014
ok. next stop.....BH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Nobody: 5:58am On Dec 28, 2014
Fishy
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by neuljosh(m): 5:58am On Dec 28, 2014
Buhari is an extremist, a coupist, a bigot, and an oppressor, he's an old desperate jihadish

*1 in 2003 general election, buhari urged Muslims to vote for a Muslim who will rule according to the law of sharia, that makes him an extremist,

*2 he overthrew a democratic elected president, that makes him a coupist,

*3 after a successful coup, he sent the then president shagari a northern to home and jailed his vice a southern, that makes him a bigot,

*4 at the age of 73 he's still contesting elections without minding the future of the youths, that makes him an oppressor,

*5 he promised to make life miserable for none Muslims in 2011, he's supporters took arm and started killing none Muslims when he lost the 2011 poll, that makes him a jihadish

Nigerians Vote Wisely...And stop shouting 'CHANGE' that same word killed hundreds of Christians in the North after 2011 election.

103 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by muhamad158(m): 5:59am On Dec 28, 2014
G M B

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by skytech2020(m): 6:00am On Dec 28, 2014
U will surely cry again come 2015 cry

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Nobody: 6:00am On Dec 28, 2014
I didn't even know there was a crisis like Maitatsine.

Just learnt one.

Like if u just learned about this.

8 Likes

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by CosmoFab: 6:00am On Dec 28, 2014
Hope he'll be able to fight Boko Haram if he wins? Those terrorist are really causing havoc and panic in Nigeria and somebody need to stop them.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by ichidodo: 6:00am On Dec 28, 2014
Therefore we should vote GMB right? We don't see how Nigerians will be blackmailed into voting one without merit but solely because he is a northerner whenever bands of rogues deem it fit to conspire with top politicians to make that region inhabitable for the exclusive reason that power must go back to north or that of mobs butchering and slaughterin innocent youth corpers with raucous chanting of "sai buhari'...

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by mimicious(f): 6:00am On Dec 28, 2014
GEJ till 2019 cool

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by BAMMGROUP: 6:01am On Dec 28, 2014
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by andykay(m): 6:01am On Dec 28, 2014
Ok ooo. Front page tinz
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by colossus2: 6:01am On Dec 28, 2014
neuljosh:
Buhari is an extremist, a coupist, a bigot, and an oppressor, he's an old desperate jihadish
*1 in 2003 general election, buhari urged Muslims to vote for a Muslim who will rule according to the law of sharia, that makes him an extremist,
*3 after a successful coup, he sent the then president shagari a northern to home and jailed his vice a southern, that makes him a bigot,
*4 at the age of 73 he's still contesting elections without minding the future of the youths, that makes him an oppressor,
*5 he promised to make life miserable for none Muslims in 2011, he's supporters took arm and started killing none Muslims when he lost the 2011 poll, that makes him a jihadish

1. Define CHANGE
2. Are you living in the past or present (as in, you dey live life go back) undecided

21 Likes

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Nobody: 6:02am On Dec 28, 2014
i luv dis guy die
PVC.. Permisn to Vote out Clueless jonatan
guyz b wise!

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by LMAyedun(m): 6:02am On Dec 28, 2014
Why are APC people already unleashing terror on those who dare support PDP? What happens when APC loses in February?

Even here on Nairaland, they will quote, insult and threaten to kill me. grin cheesy

GEJ till 2019

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by chupcake(m): 6:02am On Dec 28, 2014
neuljosh:

And everything you've written here makes you what....

20 Likes

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by vic2ry: 6:03am On Dec 28, 2014
me self reach front page.... hallelujah... First time in history.. Since 2009..ijo ope mi ree...make una help me praise Olorun Ayo Babalola..

don't forget to start following me..vikkipedia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Mogidi: 6:03am On Dec 28, 2014
Buhari is the darling of terrorist since his hey days in the military. No wonder these people love him so much they want him as mediator. But why do terrorist always choose Buhari?

Link
Boko Haram wants talks …[size=15pt]picks Buhari as mediator[/size], Saudi Arabia venue …demands ex-gov’s arrest, compensation

Bokoharam named a former Head of State, [size=15pt]Muhammadu Buhari[/size]; Dr. Shettima Monguno; a former Yobe State Governor, Bukar Ibrahim; Ambassador Gaji Galtimari; and Aisha Alkali Wakil, and her husband, Alkali as [size=15pt]“trusted” Nigerians it would be ready to negotiate with in Saudi Arabia.[/size]

Muhammadu Buhari, trusted by terrorist the world over.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by clemhova: 6:03am On Dec 28, 2014
Post Read waiting for the Video

1 Like

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by flipboss(m): 6:03am On Dec 28, 2014
neuljosh:
While it may be true that Buhari has issues.... unfortunately Jonathan hasn't proved himself worthy to deserve another chance. Besides change is constant; it is inevitable in human affairs.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by colossus2: 6:04am On Dec 28, 2014
What ever happened to this guy tho'
He travel go village or he lost his job lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Nobody: 6:04am On Dec 28, 2014
The maitatsine riots was led by Marwa Muhammad in 1982 at kano.. It affected States like maiduguri, adamawa, Sokoto and kaduna..
I believe they share the same ideology with boko-haram.. If GMB could squash the group in a very short period of time, I know he can do same with boko-haram..
For this singular reason, I will vote for GMB.. This senseless killing has to stop because I have experience a tip of the iceberg of what boko-haram stands for and its devilish ideology..
Sai GMB /Osibanjo 2015...

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Goodquestion(m): 6:05am On Dec 28, 2014
That is non of my business. When you are ready to put your skills and knowledge in the military to work with the incumbent government to end the crises in the north only then will i take you serious. Same applies to all the retired generals, do something to save this country.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by boolet: 6:05am On Dec 28, 2014
Hmmm. Perhaps he could do it again. Nonetheless, I don't expect anyone to effect drastic change as long as he/she is human.

2 Likes

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by san316(m): 6:07am On Dec 28, 2014
Okey now, let us see if you can apply that in the bh menace if elected.

Shekau, your time is up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Nobody: 6:08am On Dec 28, 2014
he ll surely lose again!

7 Likes

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by dagentility(f): 6:09am On Dec 28, 2014
So?? mtsheeewwwww

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service / 2face Planned Protest: People Have The Right To Protest - Osinbajo's Office / Nigerian Soldiers Pose With Huge Python After Capturing It. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.