Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,443 members, 7,954,746 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:26 AM

Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? (8702 Views)

See The Popular Herbs Big Babes Use In Hooking Their Men In The North / You Are Probably Rude Or Terrible If You Are In 30s And Single / Help, In My 30s And Still A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Bootylicious(f): 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2013
Few days ago there was a trend as to why ladies in their 30s are still single..It is only in Nigeria we see it as a big deal when a lady is single at 30+, forgetting that there are lots of single men at 30+ and above,we are all humans trying to strive and make it in life and I thank God that gone are the days were ladies solely depend on men for their needs, now we are all working towards being a supportive wife.. I have seen so many married men with happy families in their late 20s. For NLders living abroad you will affirm that most foreign guys at 27,28 have already started their own families. Few days ago a 39yrs old man asked for my hands in marriage, the first thing that came to my mind was why is he still single? It's questionable too.. men keep blaming ladies for being single and calling them all sort of names, why are you also still single at 30+ so many guys younger than you are married. I feel men marry late because at a certain age all they do is waste their energy on ladies, exploring different when they are supposed to build their careers once they are in their late 20s it strikes them they'll need to settle down and that's only when they begin to take their life seriously.. oya why are some men single at 30+

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Enegod(m): 6:00pm On Jul 30, 2013
lack of wife material, i think

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Cassan(f): 6:01pm On Jul 30, 2013
Probably because der r lookin 4 virgins above 20yrs.its sure gonna b a long wait 4 dem
Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Bootylicious(f): 6:07pm On Jul 30, 2013
How many yards of husband material are out there?
Enegod: lack of wife material, i think
Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 30, 2013
- because they decide that they would rather be single than with the wrong woman. we all know that women are good at pretending to be who they are not, and we all have a friend who marry the perfect girl, only for her to turn into bridezilla from hell!

- because they havent found the right one. no need to rush in such important step in your life.

- because they understand that marriage aint shiit....or as they say:" just a piece of paper"

- because they fully understand and accept that marriage aint easy....and it takes a very strong man to act right in marriage. if you dont have the strength to go down with all the shiit that you have to go through, in order to have a peaceful marriage, then DONT GET MARRIED!

- because the law today is so good that you can get all the perks of marriage without being married. just live with a partner long enough, et voila! and as they say:" why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free"

the important point you have to remember is that, it is very easy for a man today to enjoy life as a single man till he is 50, and then marry a 30yr old gal.......while the opposite would be harder, if not impossible (unless you live in Hollywood) or are in search of green card.

the important question you should have asked yourself IS: what made this 39yr old man think a 20 something lady would accept to marry him? and there lay the issue. sadly, if a man in Nigeria is comfortable he can even marry an 18yr old virgin, because most women in Africa value men with their wealth, not their person......a nd women of today dont want to strive and struggle to build a family, they want it MADE.

and last but not least, marriage makes some women complacent, they let go, they tend to not care about their looks or to please their man any longer....because the ring is on their fingers. soon enough, many turn in to baby whale, HABA!!!!!! in order to keep that girl on her toe, you have to let her understand that A) you still have the ability to get any woman out there but CHOOSE to be with her B) if she fukcs up or let go of herself she is OUT and C) she must work hard to keep her man (date/flirt/play/laugh/travel etc)

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Enegod(m): 6:20pm On Jul 30, 2013
Bootylicious: How many yards of husband material are out there?
nth like husband material..we the men can get married at any time if we find the right wife material
Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Mamacita007(f): 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
selfishness. some of them still wanna have fun before getting married

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by olas24u(f): 6:40pm On Jul 30, 2013
The admission process into the Nigerian university take a longer time in the past ,But now there are private universities o people graduate early and get work and think of the next level.You find 27 year old looking for admission, he will graduate late and and find work and start life late.

Secondly Income,Home,and lastly the ladies are conditioned by the economic environment and they sometimes behave badly.
Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by dmcdad: 8:15pm On Jul 30, 2013
There are loads of factors that makes most men tend to marry late. First of all, you should never in any strength of your imagination to align men and women together In terms of when they get married. Most men who marry late are sometimes conditioned by lots of circumstances that sometimes go beyond their control. Not like women don't have circumstances that tends to hinder them too, but you would agree with me that many ladies are hampered by their own foolishness and awkwardness.

Now, a man as the supposed head of a family might want to make sure there is financial security in order to run his family the way he hopes or tends to run it. If a man fails to attain such, and goes into marriage (maybe) financially imbalance, it virtually kills his ego as a man (which is one natural factor in men), his confidence gradually plummets and he would eventually be found wanting in carrying out his duty as the man and father of the house. These are things most men will never want to experience in their marriages.

Secondly, a man might marry late, not because he wants or wishes to, buh getting a wife (I am not talking about getting just any woman buh a virtuous woman) might not be forthcoming. And knowing what he wants or expects from the supposed mother of his children, he might be forced to wait longer than expected in order to find the woman that would be worthy enough to be his soulmate, his true-to-type, his heart like and his toot-say-woot-say. One that will complement him to the latter.

Moreso, some men would rather marry at a later time in life so as to enjoy all the supposed goodness and enjoyment the world has to offer. Such enjoyment often involves carrying lots of women, incessant clubbing, partying and so on... They feel marriage is like a jail sentence and as such they take their time to enjoy every bit of life before deciding to cut the adventure and all that... Even though a good number of em still continue such lifestyles in their marital lives.

There are some others who feel they must have to attain a level of success before getting married. The level of success here is relative from one individual to another. Some feel there is need to have their own house (home) before going into marriage. While some others feel there is need to have a business of their own or company as the case maybe before giving in to marriage. The list goes on and on.... And to such people, until they attain that which they truly desire, they are never gonna get married.

In conclusion, marriage is not to be rushed. If you feel you are not ready to take the troubles that comes with marriage, it is advisable to avoid getting married until you are ready for it. Also, there is need to take cognizance of the fact that marriage ain't dating. In as much as there lies an affinity between the two, yet it is worth mentioning that there is a vast difference between them. And until people learn to differentiate them and prepare their minds to face the new challenges that comes to the fore, they shouldn't go into such union termed marriage.

Personally it is my wish to marry early buh, that wish seems to be fading away as time waits for no one. Yet, I would gladly get married late and marry the woman of my dreams (the angel that fits my person) than to marry early and marry the wrong one. There is one thing I believe; in most cases, the lifespan of a man depends on the kinda woman he marries. Fact!

Its better for it to tarry and get a wife than for it to come very early and it's the opposite.. Nigeria go be that man like Togo... Lol

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Princesszoe: 9:04pm On Jul 30, 2013
Enegod: nth like husband material..we the men can get married at any time if we find the right wife material
really, like seriously? Am sure you have heard about one being a marriagable material (husband or wife respectively)?. My dear friend drop that untrue ideology, it will do you no good.
Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Princesszoe: 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2013
Enegod: nth like husband material..we the men can get married at any time if we find the right wife material
Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Enegod(m): 9:45pm On Jul 30, 2013
Princess zoe: really, like seriously? Am sure you have heard about one being a marriagable material (husband or wife respectively)?. My dear friend drop that untrue ideology, it will do you no good.
wether a man is marriageable or not he is still gonna get married unlike the ladies..it's a man's world..deal with it!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Bootylicious(f): 11:13pm On Jul 30, 2013
You must be a joker who says all men are marriagable ? author=Princess zoe][/quote]quote
Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by MikeWill: 11:46pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mamacita007: selfishness. some of them still wanna have fun before getting married

you self no want to have fun too mamacita, life is all about fun. Dont get mad cos you are not a guy..lol
Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by free2ryhme: 12:01am On Jul 31, 2013
Bootylicious: Few days ago there was a trend as to why ladies in their 30s are still single..It is only in Nigeria we see it as a big deal when a lady is single at 30+, forgetting that there are lots of single men at 30+ and above,we are all humans trying to strive and make it in life and I thank God that gone are the days were ladies solely depend on men for their needs, now we are all working towards being a supportive wife.. I have seen so many married men with happy families in their late 20s. For NLders living abroad you will affirm that most foreign guys at 27,28 have already started their own families. Few days ago a 39yrs old man asked for my hands in marriage, the first thing that came to my mind was why is he still single? It's questionable too.. men keep blaming ladies for being single and calling them all sort of names, why are you also still single at 30+ so many guys younger than you are married. I feel men marry late because at a certain age all they do is waste their energy on ladies, exploring different when they are supposed to build their careers once they are in their late 20s it strikes them they'll need to settle down and that's only when they begin to take their life seriously.. oya why are some men single at 30+

why are some ladies single @ 30+
Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Princesszoe: 9:48am On Jul 31, 2013
Enegod: wether a man is marriageable or not he is still gonna get married unlike the ladies..it's a man's world..deal with it!!
NO my dear, some men don't and will not get married for some reasons. Some can never and will never stay with a woman hence they continue to divorce and remarry until they are left to die without family by their sides which will create pains for them. It is nobody's world. There are some things you will do and you will not go Scot free. There are somethings that you cannot even do but you would want to attempt them but you just can because if you dare it, you will lose big time. There are somethings that a woman can do and survive in them that you as a man, cannot even dare try it and also there are some things a man can do that a woman cannot do. please is nobody's world. you don't have freedom to do everything. As a human being, your freedom and power are limited and same applies to a woman. But with GOD, we all can do exploits.
Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 31, 2013
Who told you most foreign are married at 28 / 29??
Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Jman06(m): 10:23am On Jul 31, 2013
Pls oo,ladies don't compare urselves 2 guys when it comes 2 marriage,biologically we knw that ther's a whole lot of difference btw d 2 sexes,@ 45 most women are already in their menopause and cease 2 reproduce while men in their 80s can still play and score goals.Talkn about why men in their 30+ are single,it's because d economy is too harsh on d menfolk nowadays,ladies these days get d jobs easily compared 2 guys who have 2 struggle so hard 2 make ends meet.There's a question i hav always wanted 2 ask;why is it that a made guy can easily stoop low and marry a girl that's less financially bouyant but made ladies even despise guys that are still struggling?If that's right,then why are we still talkn about women emancipation?pls can somebody provide answers 2 d above questions?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by dmcdad: 10:27am On Jul 31, 2013
Jman06: Pls oo,ladies don't compare urselves 2 guys when it comes 2 marriage,biologically we knw that ther's a whole lot of difference btw d 2 sexes,@ 45 most women are already in their menopause and cease 2 reproduce while men in their 80s can still play and score goals.Talkn about why men in their 30+ are single,it's because d economy is too harsh on d menfolk nowadays,ladies these days get d jobs easily compared 2 guys who have 2 struggle so hard 2 make ends meet.There's a question i hav always wanted 2 ask;why is it that a made guy can easily stoop low and marry a girl that's less financially bouyant but made ladies even despise guys that are still struggling?If that's right,then why are we still talkn about women emancipation?pls can somebody provide answers 2 d above questions?
I would have loved to answer your questions, but in a secind thought, its better to leave em for the female folks to answer...
Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Jman06(m): 1:35pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ok dear,let's hope any of them shows up with an answer.
dmcdad:
I would have loved to answer your questions, but in a secind thought, its better to leave em for the female folks to answer...
Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by tpia5: 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2013
Many reasons i guess.

@ topic
Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2013
They waste their time on frivolity and by the time they wake up they are grand-fathers without grand-children.

I will use my dad as a case study. He built his first house, got married and had his first child before he clocked thirty. He achieved this by working tirelessly and focusing on what was important as a man: having enough income to raise a family.

Today's man spends the first 25 years of his life writing love letters, wooing girls, drinking and partying. By the time he realises his stupidity, he has clocked thirty. He spends the next five years of his life pursuing money/trying to have a steady income.

Once he hits little money at 35, he spends the next two - three years spending on younger girls for sex stupidly seeing it as punishment for the ones in the past that rejected him in his twenties.

By thirty-eight he becomes ready to marry, unfortunately he realises the girls in their early twenties do not find him young, attractive or rich enough to marry.

He goes back into the labour market to make more money while his sperm clock ticks away.

Thus, he decides to console himself with the belief he is a man and can get any woman he wants at any time. He ups it a notch by proclaiming all the women he came across aren't wife materials rather than admitting the problems come from him.
Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2013
They waste their time on frivolity and by the time they wake up they are grand-fathers without grand-children.

I will use my dad as a case study. He built his first house, got married and had his first child before he clocked thirty. He achieved this by working tirelessly and focusing on what was important as a man: having enough income to raise a family.

Today's man spends the first 25 years of his life writing love letters, wooing girls, drinking and partying. By the time he realises his stupidity, he has clocked thirty. He spends the next five years of his life pursuing money/trying to have a steady income.

Once he hits little money at 35, he spends the next two - three years spending on younger girls for sex stupidly seeing it as punishment for the ones in the past that rejected him in his twenties.

By thirty-eight he becomes ready to marry, unfortunately he realises the girls in their early twenties do not find him young, attractive or rich enough to marry.

He goes back into the labour market to make more money while his sperm clock ticks away.

Thus, he decides to console himself with the belief he is a man and can get any woman he wants at any time. He ups it a notch by proclaiming all the women he came across aren't wife materials rather than admitting the problems come from him.
Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2013
gbaky_floor:

So true. 100likes

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Jman06(m): 5:00pm On Jul 31, 2013
gbaky_floor:

Why did u choose 2 ignore d facts and post falsehood up there?Admit that ladies of nowadays put so much pressure on guys,u sited ur dad as an instant 4getn that things are no longer d same as they used 2 be in those days,i am sure ur dad never had university education or even if he did,he never spent many years in d labour market in search of job.Or do u suggest that all guys should drop out of school and start hustling 4 money like ur dad probably did?if that's ur suggestion,will nigerian ladies after acquiring d best of education stoop 2 marry 'non graduates'(as they call them)?U said that men who are in their forties have their marriage proposals turned down by ladies?it's another lie,unless d man is so poor!Get it in2 ur dumb head that men are not desperate about marriage like ladies are because we knw that more ladies than guys keep vigils in churches,prayn n fastn 4 mr right.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2013
Idk,

Women are confusing creatures true, but men are just plain confused. I met a guy once, and despite his flaws and age, allowed him to come into my life. What a mistake! You see I think OP is right because some men frolic and play games, mess around, leave first wives, are in a pitiable state and won't even accept decent hard working family oriented women. They are still in search of some golden treasure when they themselves are the Chinese imitation. Haven't they learned to cut their cloth according to their size? Don't they realize that a virtuous woman is the best ally in life? Idk why they feel like a lady's single flaw is paramount to the holocaust our some other terrible thing. Aren't we all human, shouldn't we work together to double the talents God gave us? Wasn't iron meant to sharpen iron? Money is temporary. If a man and a woman truly put God first in their lives and work hard things like age and personal flaws will simply be tools that will make their lives together a success. My 2 cents. I guess if a man is still looking at things from the surface and not the heart of the matter he'll never be ready to wed.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Ammanda(f): 6:35pm On Jul 31, 2013
There are still scrutinising
Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 31, 2013
Jman06: Get it in2 ur dumb head that men are not desperate about marriage like ladies are because we knw that more ladies than guys keep vigils in churches,prayn n fastn 4 mr right.
Keep decieving yourself, wait until you clock 40 as a guy and you will end up more desperate. I will advise you to take the lady's advice, stop fooling around now that you are young and take your lazy ass to the street, hustle and change your destiny for good.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Bootylicious(f): 9:01pm On Jul 31, 2013
Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant..
gbaky_floor:

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 31, 2013
Jman06: Pls oo,ladies don't compare urselves 2 guys when it comes 2 marriage,biologically we knw that ther's a whole lot of difference btw d 2 sexes,@ 45 most women are already in their menopause and cease 2 reproduce while men in their 80s can still play and score goals.Talkn about why men in their 30+ are single,it's because d economy is too harsh on d menfolk nowadays,ladies these days get d jobs easily compared 2 guys who have 2 struggle so hard 2 make ends meet.There's a question i hav always wanted 2 ask;why is it that a made guy can easily stoop low and marry a girl that's less financially bouyant but made ladies even despise guys that are still struggling?If that's right,then why are we still talkn about women emancipation?pls can somebody provide answers 2 d above questions?

ok i'll take a stab at what you wrote. Well it's true that most women are trained to look for men who can take care of them. And although we cease our reproductive abilities mid-aged, we also come into our sexual peak at 40-45 (compared to 18 years for men) this is a well established medical fact. (aka look it up for yourself) About economy being hard, my friend, it neva has been easy. No situation is permanent. But if you tell that mountain to move, and have the faith to see it gone it will go. The same goes for life, a lil faith and a lot of hard work goes a long way. A good woman will be drawn to a good attitude and strong spirit in a man. So maybe if you stopped concentrating on what is hindering you and focus on the propelling factors you'll find a lady who can compliment your drive. So quit making this about what breaks a man down, a not-so-secret secret is that a life-long partnership helps you live that happy long and fulfilled life. OK so just think about it, no pressure, but contemplate what a change in perspective can mean for your life now and long-term.
Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Jman06(m): 10:07pm On Jul 31, 2013
vivalableue:

ok i'll take a stab at what you wrote. Well it's true that most women are trained to look for men who can take care of them. And although we cease our reproductive abilities mid-aged, we also come into our sexual peak at 40-45 (compared to 18 years for men) this is a well established medical fact. (aka look it up for yourself) About economy being hard, my friend, it neva has been easy. No situation is permanent. But if you tell that mountain to move, and have the faith to see it gone it will go. The same goes for life, a lil faith and a lot of hard work goes a long way. A good woman will be drawn to a good attitude and strong spirit in a man. So maybe if you stopped concentrating on what is hindering you and focus on the propelling factors you'll find a lady who can compliment your drive. So quit making this about what breaks a man down, a not-so-secret secret is that a life-long partnership helps you live that happy long and fulfilled life. OK so just think about it, no pressure, but contemplate what a change in perspective can mean for your life now and long-term.
Well i must say i like d manner in which u approached this topic without being sentimental!Ur points were clearly stated and u made alot of sense.Talkn about women being naturally made 2 look 4 men that can take care of them,would u also agree that men were equally naturally made 2 look 4 women that can be loyal,submissive and not see themselves as eqaul 2 them?As 4 me,i knw that @ my age only a few of my age mates can measure up to my achievements and i make bold 2 say that.
Re: Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 31, 2013
If we analyse this topic without being chauvinistic or biased based on our gender, maybe we all can drive certain positive lesson from the topic, but if we keep viewing it from our own gender perspective and favour, we all won't learn a thing from this.

First, all the posters here made valid points with little mistakes though.

We all must first admit that global economy has changed drastically due to increased population with unequal growth in life support opportunities, especially in Africa.

This poor economy growth has really affected marriage, dating, love and societal norms in Nigeria.

In the past, there were so many opportunities for men to become financially balanced than now, you know why?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am Afraid : Is There Still Decent Babes? / Where Can I Find A Guy Like This To Date In Nigeria? (photos) / Are Igbo Girls The Most Beautiful In 9ja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.