Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State (8975 Views)

Jonathan To Deltans: We’ll Complete $16b Gas City (the Nation News) / Jonathan Inaugurates Ovia’s $1.5bn Petrochemical Plant / Dangote To Site $8bn Refinery In Olokola FTZ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by mylifeisagift(m): 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2013
solomon111: you don't want petrochemical plants yet you complain of unemployment and underdevelopment?
Do you even know what a PTC plant is?
You are not serious.
Oh wise king solomon!!!enlighten us...
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by polokor60(m): 7:51pm On Jul 31, 2013
Endless lies.
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by atlwireles: 7:51pm On Jul 31, 2013
bloggernaija: Election time has come early
This goverment went china to grovel and beg for money recently .where will they get the money from
If you are going to believe this ,then you are going to believe anything.
All the usual suspects (oil coys) are packing their loads and bolting out of the door as quickly as possible.
Shell,the dominant company in nigeria,has a very light footprint
All shell needs to get out is to charter plane for the company's expatriate staff.
No smart private investor would risk such an amount money in the Niger "delta" something which has a long break-even point(apart from the federal).
Nigeria is considered a high borrowing risk in the bond market.borrowing from international banks will come with a very high interest rate .
I doubt many banks will even entertain giving such a collosal sum of money.
Lastly ,with the serious lack of electricity,
Wouldn't it make more sense to build a power FTZ to utilise or the wasted gases.
FOR THE ABOVE REASONS,YOU CAN SAY THAT ELECTION TIME IS UPON YS ONCE AGAIN AND GULLIBLE PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS BITE.AT LEAST THOSE IN THAT COMMUNITY WILL BELIEVE IT AND VOTE ACCORDINGLY.

"Nigeria is considered a high borrowing risk in the bond market.borrowing from international banks will come with a very high interest rate"

Which bond market are you talking about? Between Nigeria, Spain, Italy and even Ireland what is the maturity interest rate on their 90 days Treasury bill Nigeria is smart to borrow from China at 2%-3% rate with 10yrs moratorium on some of these loans. I personally don't support any kind of $16B project lead by the government. Even when this project is right in my state of delta. Nigeria government is a black hole of waste and I hope this will be a private sector lead and managed project.
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by idealsico(m): 7:55pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ijogz K: Would it reduce the price of 12.5kg of LNG (Cooking Gas) from N3,500 to N700 ??
Domestic cooking gas is termed LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) which is a mixture of Propane and Butane (more) as against LNG (Liquified Natural Gas) which is basically Methane.Nigeria ships LNG to international markets.Just to make clarifications.
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by solomon111(m): 7:55pm On Jul 31, 2013
mylifeisagift:
google is your friend.
For any oil-producing country,a petrochemical plant is a critical infrastructure.
Even countries with no crude oil have various PTC plants due to its employment and economic potential.
The price may be inflated,but the project is critical especially if we want to fight unemployment and diversify our economy.
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by musiwa36: 8:02pm On Jul 31, 2013
[size=38pt]House of 419, the same lie again. they said so before 2011 and lied several times.[/size]

1 Like

Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2013
I hope the cost hasn't been over-bloated as usual.

Looking forward to the completion date. Hopefully, I wouldn't have grown white beards by then. undecided
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by iykofias(m): 8:31pm On Jul 31, 2013
Tell d government what you need, and they wil tell you how to get along without it
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by brownlord: 8:32pm On Jul 31, 2013
tired of this word

TO, WILL, WANT infact am tired of the future impossible tense of this government
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by RedLight1: 8:37pm On Jul 31, 2013
solomon111: you don't want petrochemical plants yet you complain of unemployment and underdevelopment?
Do you even know what a PTC plant is?
You are not serious.
lol, The way some Nigerians think/talk will never seize to amaze you now. he doesnt want PTC but wants to job for youths as if the jobs would fall from the sky. grin grin
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by RedLight1: 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2013
mylifeisagift:
u dont need enlightenment, Just think about the amount that would be involved in the project, that should tell you that it will be massive project and it will generate a lot of employments
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by nijanigga: 8:41pm On Jul 31, 2013
musiwa36: [size=38pt]House of 419, the same lie again. they said so before 2011 and lied several times.[/size]
Gej doesn't give a damn about lying.
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by 0mOnnakoda25: 8:54pm On Jul 31, 2013
I thought they were hoing to buy 50 planes to set up an airline in September.Somebody done drink him kaikai again
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by idealsico(m): 9:13pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ijogz K: Would it reduce the price of 12.5kg of LNG (Cooking Gas) from N3,500 to N700 ??

Domestic cooking gas is termed LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) which is a mixture of Propane and Butane (more) as against LNG (Liquified Natural Gas) which is basically Methane.Nigeria ships LNG to international markets. Just to make clarifications.
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by MrYves(m): 9:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
AM OFFERING YOU THE BIGGGEST PAYOUT AFFILIATE PROGRAM ON THE NET.

Make $30 commission for every new customer you refer!
Not only can you join our team and help spread the word about the best spam filter on the planet, you can get rewarded for your efforts! Our system tracks referrals and pays top dollar for every new client you send our way.

Join the revolution!

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SIGN UP AS AN AFFILIATE ON THE WEBSITE AND YOU HAVE THE CHANCE TO BE EARNING AS MUCH AS $30 ON EVERY REFERRAL.

http://www.SpamHero.com/ref/0fJndDItm6EbW.html

remember you can only receive the commission if you sign up as an affiliate.
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by 0mOnnakoda25: 9:21pm On Jul 31, 2013
idealsico:

Domestic cooking gas is termed LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) which is a mixture of Propane and Butane (more) as against LNG (Liquified Natural Gas) which is basically Methane.Nigeria ships LNG to international markets. Just to make clarifications.
In many countries in Europe methane IS domestic cooking gas !!! So both LPG or Methane may be called Domestic cooking gas
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by taharqa2: 9:33pm On Jul 31, 2013
This goverment went china to grovel and beg for money recently .where will they get the money from
All the usual suspects (oil coys) are packing their loads and bolting out of the door as quickly as possible.
All shell needs to get out is to charter plane for the company's expatriate staff.
No smart private investor would risk such an amount money in the Niger "delta" something which has a long break-even point(apart from the federal).
Nigeria is considered a high borrowing risk in the bond market.borrowing from international banks will come with a very high interest rate
Wouldn't it make more sense to build a power FTZ to utilise or the wasted gases.
FOR THE ABOVE REASONS,YOU CAN SAY THAT ELECTION TIME IS UPON YS ONCE AGAIN AND GULLIBLE PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS BITE.AT LEAST THOSE IN THAT COMMUNITY WILL BELIEVE IT AND VOTE ACCORDINGLY.
Did you just say that 'Nigeria is considered a high risk country in d bond market who nobody is willing to lend to'? And that 'private investors wud not invest such money in d Delta, by extension Nigeria'?? Did you just make these statements? When wud you IGNORAMUSES learn to appreciate your ignorance and STOP making sillly Assertions in public? As in, just SHUTTING up?

1 Like

Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by taharqa2: 9:33pm On Jul 31, 2013
Nigeria is considered a high borrowing risk in the bond market.borrowing from international banks will come with a very high interest rate
Did you just say that 'Nigeria is considered a high risk country in d bond market who nobody is willing to lend to'? And that 'private investors wud not invest such money in d Delta, by extension Nigeria'?? Did you just make these statements? When wud you IGNORAMUSES learn to appreciate your ignorance and STOP making sillly Assertions in public? As in, just SHUTTING up?
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by mjames: 9:38pm On Jul 31, 2013
we don't expect the FG to site it in Rivers State while the fight continued.
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by taharqa2: 9:38pm On Jul 31, 2013
Symphony007: Rubbish..give us workable refienaries before dreaming up stupid petrochemical plants. Is it not shamefull that we have three refieneries. Non is working. We keep importing petrol. Very soon, ghana and cameron will buld refineries, collect our crude and sell back to us as petrol.

SHARAP! I say Sharap ya mouth tha!! When you do not know what you are talking about, keep SHUT esp in public. I have told u this severally.

Rememba how you were also ignorantly making assertions on that ya thread on School dropouts and Polio?
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by solomon111(m): 9:52pm On Jul 31, 2013
taharqa2: Did you just say that 'Nigeria is considered a high risk country in d bond market who nobody is willing to lend to'? And that 'private investors wud not invest such money in d Delta, by extension Nigeria'?? Did you just make these statements? When wud you IGNORAMUSES learn to appreciate your ignorance and STOP making sillly Assertions in public? As in, just SHUTTING up?
I saw his post but decided not to answer him.
He probably dosen't know that most FDI in Nigeria are located in the Niger-delta.
He wants the FG to set up the plant in the SW,so that tommorrow they will say it was built by Tinubu and then zone it to the SW.
What a bigot.

1 Like

Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by taharqa2: 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2013
Sm clarifications: this project is a Private Sector led series of Investment commitments, with perhaps sm Equity from NNPC, which wud be domiciled in what d Govt calls d 'Gas City' (ie an area-kinda Free Trade Zone- where all manner of Gas-based Industries-Methanol, Fertilizer, Petrochemical, etc- wud be situated). I rememba this cos sm of my frnds made a fuze about this when d MOU was signed bw d Saudi Arabia Cop and others and d Govt tru d NNPC, in I think 2010/2011, afta d President lauched d Gas Masterplan.

Where d presently are with d plan is what I hv no clue about
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Elevation(m): 10:10pm On Jul 31, 2013
Good development,petrochemical plant!! enough products are gotten @ petrochem,Gods willing i'll definitely work @ the quality control unit,make it quick,Nigeria needs this seriously,Japan no get crude but they have close to 30refineries kai.
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 31, 2013
taharqa2: Sm clarifications: this project is a Private Sector led series of Investment commitments, with perhaps sm Equity from NNPC, which wud be domiciled in what d Govt calls d 'Gas City' (ie an area-kinda Free Trade Zone- where all manner of Gas-based Industries-Methanol, Fertilizer, Petrochemical, etc- wud be situated). I rememba this cos sm of my frnds made a fuze about this when d MOU was signed bw d Saudi Arabia Cop and others and d Govt tru d NNPC, in I think 2010/2011, afta d President lauched d Gas Masterplan.... Where d presently are with d plan is what I hv no clue about

Kai! I am not knocking anyone's hustle but you people suppose dey fear God small small sha
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2013
[size=30pt]Government To ........[/size] [size=30pt]Government To ........[/size] [size=30pt]Government To ........[/size] [size=30pt]Government To ........[/size]
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by micfoley: 11:58pm On Jul 31, 2013
Another 'FG to' thread. No b today!
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by hercules07: 12:31am On Aug 01, 2013
taharqa2: Sm clarifications: this project is a Private Sector led series of Investment commitments, with perhaps sm Equity from NNPC, which wud be domiciled in what d Govt calls d 'Gas City' (ie an area-kinda Free Trade Zone- where all manner of Gas-based Industries-Methanol, Fertilizer, Petrochemical, etc- wud be situated). I rememba this cos sm of my frnds made a fuze about this when d MOU was signed bw d Saudi Arabia Cop and others and d Govt tru d NNPC, in I think 2010/2011, afta d President lauched d Gas Masterplan.... Where d presently are with d plan is what I hv no clue about

What is the name of the Saudi Arabian company? Oh I can see it is Xenel, welll they seem to have experience in stuff like this, the problem is the incompetence on the side of the Nigerian government can scuttle things like these, also, it could be a re-election gimmick.
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by solomon111(m): 12:36am On Aug 01, 2013
hercules07:

What is the name of the Saudi Arabian company? Oh I can see it is Xenel, welll they seem to have experience in stuff like this, the problem is the incompetence on the side of the Nigerian government can scuttle things like these, also, it could be a re-election gimmick.

2015 is still far away.
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by hercules07: 12:39am On Aug 01, 2013
solomon111: 2015 is still far away.

2015 is not far anything, it is less than two years away, propaganda has to be kept to a maximum, it will be nice if the government can achieve this, but, as we know perfectly well, it might be a tall dream.
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Faponmile(m): 2:05am On Aug 01, 2013
Believe this you'll believe anything. From EPZ to FTZ. The government has been bandying this rumour since 2001. I should know........election things!
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Faponmile(m): 2:06am On Aug 01, 2013
Believe this you'll believe anything. From EPZ to FTZ. In this same Koko. The government has been bandying this rumour since 2001. I should know........election things!
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 01, 2013
How far with the refinery the gej muppets were spamming us with three months ago?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re-establishment Of Police Ministry To Address Insecurity — Minister / Minister Of Agriculture Son Proved That 30 Naira Is Ok To Feed For A Day- Photo / Banditry: 23,000 Nigerians Sought Refuge In Niger Republic In April

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.