Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,714 members, 7,831,252 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? (4679 Views)

Real Reasons APGA Disqualified Soludo..The PDP,Fidelity Bank Connection / Anambra Sai Soludo - The Soludon (APGA) / APC Welcomes Soludo The "Solution" To The Party. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by Arnold1(m): 9:41pm On May 30, 2008
Uche2nna:

See, I don't care if You have your positives or negatives. If You are a thief , You are a thief and should be treated as such. I don't care what positives Soludo brought. It is part of the job as a CBN governor. He did not do it for free. He was paid for doing his job. However, his job does not include looting the Federal Govt of Nigeria.

Right on target. Accomplishing something in office is no excuse for looting. I can't believe people on this thread just want this
tossed aside as if nothing happened. That's Nigerians for you.
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by Arnold1(m): 9:44pm On May 30, 2008
superboi:

i think we should focus less on people in this country and more on the structure that is corrupted and bleed a lot of cash into nothing.

This is really pitiful. Isn't the people running the system an integral part of the structure undecided You are yet to condemn this
act; all you are doing is defending illegality.
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by Arnold1(m): 9:48pm On May 30, 2008

Soludo: More petitions flood presidency

This is not the best of times for members of cabinet in the past civilian administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, following signals that the governor of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Professor Charles Soludo is under probe.

Already, the Federal Government had set up a panel to probe the withdrawal of $480 million from the CBN for the purchase of African Finance Corporation (AFC) and the manner the corporation was being run.

Sunday Tribune learnt from top Presidential Villa sources that he may be probed based on the litany of petitions written against him said to have been urging the federal government to investigate the manner Soludo had been running the affairs of the CBN.

Some of the petitions said to be in the custody of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) were said to have also asked the government to beam a searchlight on the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Company Limited with a view to asking the CBN governor why the company had not been able to print naira notes since he assumed office.

Others were said to have sought clarification from Soludo on why Nigeria was patronizing a particular foreign based Company for contracts on the Printing of new naira notes. He was equally accused in some of the petitions of personalizing issues about the CBN.

Some of the petitioners, according to sources, had queried the rationale behind the decision by the government to rehabilitate the Security, Minting and Printing Company with huge sums of money contending that both Soludo and the Director General of the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE), Irene Chigbue worked hand in hand on the rehabilitation project.

The excuse said to have been adduced for the rehabilitation of the Company was that such would make it suitable for the privatisation by the federal government, whereas the company has never been able to function optimally after being rehabilitated.

In all, some petitioners were said to have urged the ICPC to count on the current Minister of Finance, Shamshudeen Usman to assist in obtaining relevant information on how Soludo has been running the CBN since he was the second in command at the bank before becoming a minister.

Sunday Tribune learnt that President Yar’Adua had been shown some of the petitions which were said to have constituted a file load, and had reportedly expressed shock on the issues raised in each of the petitions.

The president, according to sources, had expressed indignation on the issues in the petitions and had hence directed a full scale probe of the allegations raised against the CBN governor.

There have been series of investigations into the activities of the past civilian government headed by former president Olusegun Obasanjo. The first to be initiated was that on power sector being anchored by the House of Representatives while the Senate too has started the probe of sales, allocations and revocations of landed and housing properties during the tenure of the past civilian regime.

This is really shocking. I used to hold Soludo in high esteem not knowing he is as corrupt as others lipsrsealed
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by superboi(m): 9:57pm On May 30, 2008
mr arnoldvfrom mongolia i am defending illegality.when i talk of structure am refering to that part of our laws that at time allow a ref also be a player in the game.and for your information in this world there is no system that is not corrupt,name it(computer system,banking,food supply system) all system have their own inert level of corruption, but its up to us too continualy check and correct this systemic corruptions rather than change the operators everytime. you know in nigeria we have basically the same set of politician since 1966 but we keep change system operators that why in my view our systems are inefficient.
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by superboi(m): 10:02pm On May 30, 2008
all sunday tribune is quoting is sources,that stuff is not an autheticated stuff and you believe it.most of this lazy journalist just stay in their offices and write trash. it a shame that you lose respect for someone you had based on stuff that not autheticated
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by Arnold1(m): 10:03pm On May 30, 2008
superboi:

mr arnoldvfrom mongolia i am defending illegality.when i talk of structure am refering to that part of our laws that at time allow a ref also be a player in the game.

So, how does this justify Soludo spending $17 million dollars on pre-operational expenses ? Is the structure in place
to blame ?

superboi:

and for your information in this world there is no system that is not corrupt,name it(computer system,banking,food supply system) all system have their own inert level of corruption, but its up to us too continualy check and correct this systemic corruptions rather than change the operators everytime. you know in nigeria we have basically the same set of politician since 1966 but we keep change system operators that why in my view our systems are inefficient.

No one is disputing the fact that corruption exists worldwide or existed pre-Soludo. Again, this is no excuse for him spending
$17 million on AFC pre-operational expenses. You are just writing for writings sake.
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by Arnold1(m): 10:07pm On May 30, 2008
superboi:

all sunday tribune is quoting is sources,that stuff is not an autheticated stuff and you believe it.most of this lazy journalist just stay in their offices and write trash. it a shame that you lose respect for someone you had based on stuff that not autheticated

You have no way of knowing this. Tribune I recall was the first to mention that OBJ was changing his cabinet and
Okonjo-Iweala was going to be the next Finance Minister and it turned out to be true.

No matter how much you try to defend this guy or discredit the media, it does not take away the fact that a crook
is a crook.
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by superboi(m): 10:21pm On May 30, 2008
so if tribunes say u are a crook u are a crook? undecided.
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by Arnold1(m): 10:28pm On May 30, 2008
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by superboi(m): 10:33pm On May 30, 2008
non of those paper say he stole money, all the reported is operational irregularity which is must not a be crime or defined as criminality.until they prove which they havent please read through again he did it for personal gains, then it is not a crime
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by Arnold1(m): 10:39pm On May 30, 2008
Responses from others at the Vanguard:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8309&Itemid=58

No ethical conducts!

It seems ethical standards in business were subverted . How can you use your official position to benefits your private business interest! This is an alienation, normlessness and against any known standard practice.

SOLUDO IS A SMART THIEF

Soludo na wayo man o, he be barawo, ole etc, please sack him now before he causes a greater havoc

Thank God for this revelation

With revelations like this, we now know the very people who are destroying this country. Thank God for President Yar adua and everyone else who brought this to light. I personally have never liked Soludo. It is only in our country Nigeria that a man who is still receiving salary from government, will still be given national honors (GON,GORN, etc) for the same job that he is already receiving salary for.

ACF,$ 462M & Prof Soludo

As an individual,and as a Nigerian living outside the country,I must admit that I have tremendous respect for Prof Soludo, mostly, for his efforts at
(1)Stabilizing the exchange rate of our naira with other foreign currencies mostly,once upon a time almighty dollar.
(2)Sanitisation of the banking sector.

Unfortunately,However,these achievents seems to have entered the man's head to the extent that he now sees and acting as if Central Bank is no longer part of the Country!the AFC issue is a perfect example.It is in view of this and other monetry/banking related issues yet undiscovered that I move for the retirement of this gentleman as the Gorvernor of the Central Bank of Nigeria with immediate effect,in order to avoid a reversal of those achiements earlier menthioned.

Houston,TX
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by oldie(m): 10:40pm On May 30, 2008
I hope this story is not true
I will give him the benefit of doubt, until indicted
Same benefit to OBJ, Iyabo, Power probe, El Rufai until all facts are known

But one thing is obvious, our elites have this penchant of outsmarting the system for their selfish advantage.
However, whoever is found guilty should be shot between the legs!
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by superboi(m): 10:51pm On May 30, 2008
simple let them indict him before we start killing him,and public opinion(vanguard)? nigerian(sorry to generalize) are happy to chop off the head of men not proven guilty by law or support the killers as in the case of akintola,t.f balewa,ahmadu bello and all the other 10 percenters that were replaced by 98 percenters since 1966.please forget public opinion and deal with facts rather than opinion (which could be anything)
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by Arnold1(m): 11:05pm On May 30, 2008
• Did Soludo use $462 million CBN money as investment in AFC - fact not an opinion

• Did Soludo also serve on the board of this same AFC - fact not an opinion

• Did the US authorities fine UBA $15 million dollars for AFC's money deposited into its NY branch ? - fact not an opinion

• Did Soludo tranfer AFC's foreign accounts N750 million in Nov 2007 and N143 million in March 2008 ? fact not an opinion

• Did Soludo serve on the board of AFC even though it is a clear violation of Section 9 of CBN Act 2007 which disqualify principal officers of the CBN
from holding any office by virtue of their respective offices ? - fact not an opinion

Nuff said
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by VUB(f): 8:05am On May 31, 2008
All Nigerian male politicians are thieves, be they Yoruba, Hausa, Ibo, Edo, Ijaw, Calabar, Tiv, etc. What makes the difference is other Nigerian female versus Yoruba female politicians. Whereas Yoruba female politicians are mainly thieves, as we have starkly seen, their counterparts from other tribes are not. Even, Ita Giwa left Aso Rock recently, untainted wink.
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by Arnold1(m): 8:34am On May 31, 2008
VUB:

All Nigerian male politicians are thieves, be they Yoruba, Hausa, Ibo, Edo, Ijaw, Calabar, Tiv, etc. What makes the difference is other Nigerian female versus Yoruba female politicians. Whereas Yoruba female politicians are mainly thieves, as we have starkly seen, their counterparts from other tribes are not. Even, Ita Giwa left Aso Rock recently, untainted wink.

Shame on you for trying to turn this into a tribal issue .

This thread is about Soludo, not about male or female or their tribal group.

Stick to the topic
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by Blatant: 10:13am On May 31, 2008
Even if soludo is a thief at leaast he is working and has redefined the nigerian banking sector,

Which person in government is not a thief anyway? it is just a thing of magnitude-do you steal 7 million naira or 7 million pounds?

No wonder VICADE is tucked away in the little town of Stirling.

How can any man justify maladministration with the mentality that others are also guilty of same?
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by Blatant: 10:15am On May 31, 2008
VUB:

What's this person doing on here?
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by Arnold1(m): 10:42am On May 31, 2008
VUB:

The topic is about thieves in politics, and must be viewed wholistically. You do not select one and leave the other, as suits your warped fancy. And, who made you, an idiot, a judge over what to discuss in a public forum, anyways?

The topic says " Soludo: The face of A Thief"

When did Soludo become a politician ?
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by VUB(f): 10:48am On May 31, 2008
Appointment to the post of CBN is politically-motivated; reason why Soludo, who was never at the CBN, was brought in by OBJ. That is the political angle. Thieves in politics must be viewed broadly. Deal with that logic or fu-ck off.
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by Arnold1(m): 10:52am On May 31, 2008
He is not a politician, he is a political appointee. No one voted him into office.

It is a shame that Soludo would tarnish himself like that. I used to hold him in
high esteem.

Blatant:

What's this person doing on here?

Good question grin He just registered today and is already calling someone an idiot.

VUB:

Appointment to the post of CBN is politically-motivated; reason why Soludo, who was never at the CBN, was brought in by OBJ. That is the political angle. Thieves in politics must be viewed broadly. Deal with that logic or fu-ck off.
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by VUB(f): 10:58am On May 31, 2008
Arnold1:

He is not a politician, he is a political appointee. No one voted him into office.

It is a shame that Soludo would tarnish himself like that. I used to hold him in
high esteem.

Good question grin He just registered today and is already calling someone an idiot.

Hahaha! I registered today! You really think so? Don't take things at face value, mate.

Your apparent lack of knowledge of what an average male Nigerian would do is the reason why you would trust any of them, inclduing Soludo.

''Political-appointee'', ''politician'' blah, blah, blah. Please tell the difference. Are all politicians voted to power? Even those appointed are also politicians, as are mere members of political parties. Where is your logic?
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by Arnold1(m): 10:58am On May 31, 2008
Someone like Soludo should know that as CBN governor, he cannot serve on the board of a company such as AFC. Section 9 of the CBN
act disqualifies principal officers of the CBN from holding any office of this nature.

That is what greed and corruption would do to you.

Soludo is a thief just like the others. He is no better.
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by VUB(f): 11:05am On May 31, 2008
Arnold1:

Someone like Soludo should know that as CBN governor, he cannot serve on the board of a company such as AFC. Section 9 of the CBN
act disqualifies principal officers of the CBN from holding any office of this nature.

That is what greed and corruption would do to you.

Soludo is a thief just like the others. He is no better.

Now you are learning that it is not worth discussing Nigerian male politicians,and worse still, trying to isolate one out of the rest for such discussion. The Soludo you trusted has disappointed you by behaving true to type (as an average Nigerian male would). Now back to my observation about women politicians. From all indication, they (minus the Yoruba components) are the only hope for Nigeria.
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by Arnold1(m): 11:10am On May 31, 2008
How can the CBN governor use $480 million dollars of CBN money to invest in AFC, then turn around to be
on the board of this AFC while still serving as CBN governor ?

How can Soludo spend a whopping $17 million dollars as pre-operational expenses for the take off of AFC ?

The $ 15 million dollar fine paid by UBA in New York was as a result of millions of AFC dollars wired by Soludo
to the UBA New York branch. The man is a thief, plain and simple

Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by superboi(m): 12:53pm On May 31, 2008
okay make we assume soludo na theif,na wetin be im punishment? vub even if the cbn post is politically motivated it is not a political officer or appointment,it is a technical post.arnold are you really in mongolia? hows de place?
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by VUB(f): 1:19pm On May 31, 2008
superboi:

okay make we assume soludo na theif,na wetin be im punishment? vub even if the cbn post is politically motivated it is not a political officer or appointment,it is a technical post.arnold are you really in mongolia? hows de place?

Dude, get some knowledge as what you posses now sucks. His appointment is political and the ability to carry out the assignment is dependent on the techniques (technical aspects) or skills he posseses in banking/economy. Do not mix up issues, ok?
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by superboi(m): 4:10pm On May 31, 2008
vub i guess we would all appreciate if you could control you sucks and bleeps(there are other forum where that would be more acceptable).nobody is in ths forum to fight with you,we men here are just exchanging ideas and not verbal punches.if you have a problem with nigerian male politician i guess the most appopriate place to carry that out would be at the polls,have a good-day ma
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 01, 2008
Lets not joke with this matter.

How can someone spend $17 million on pre-operational expenses?

Its us dollars we're talking of, not zimbabwean shillings1
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by Kobojunkie: 4:22am On Jun 02, 2008
I understand your posts claiming facts but I still am skeptical that this story is true cause it is too obvious and I still choose to wait and see what comes of this. I mean Nigeria is a land where you find some of the most corrupt but you also find some of the most made up. I believe the politicians and the media in that country plays on people's need to get information at any cost of situations and they sometimes can over do it. Take for instance the Power project probe which initially had the cost to be at $16 billion but now that number is claimed to have been made up and the actual amount set to be about 1/3rd of what we, the public have been fed, all this while.
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by superman(m): 6:05am On Jun 02, 2008
I understand your posts claiming facts but I still am skeptical that this story is true cause it is too obvious and I still choose to wait and see what comes of this. I mean Nigeria is a land where you find some of the most corrupt but you also find some of the most made up and I believe the politicians and the media in that country plays on people's need to get information at any cost of situations and they sometimes can over do it. Take for instance the Power project probe which initially had the cost to be at $16 billion but now that number is claimed to have been made up and the actual amount set to be about 1/3rd of what we, the public have been fed, all this while

jumbo mobo  grin grin grin grammar? yea what u mean english oru ooo  grin grin grin grin

na wo for these junkies
Re: Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? by landis(m): 9:17am On Jun 17, 2008
The shady deals perpetrated by Central Bank Governor Charles Soludo and Tony Elumelu, the CEO of United Bank for Africa (UBA) using the Africa Finance Corporation (AFC) have further being exposed.

Last year, AFC opened two accounts with the New York branch of United Bank of Africa, and Soludo soon remitted AFC funds in the accounts in November 2007 and March 2008. In all, Soludo deposited over $300 million directly from the Central Bank of Nigeria into the AFC two accounts—numbers 68959001 and 68959013. The deposits came in two trances, and the cash came from the more than $500 million Soludo had created for ostensible investment purposes of the AFC.

But investigators have discovered that, two weeks after the monies were deposited with UBA in New York, the funds were repatriated back to Nigeria. Once sent back to Nigeria in a labyrinthine financial deal that one US financial analyst described as “highly questionable,” the funds were first deposited in the Lagos and Abuja branches of the UBA and then shared among three major banks, UBA, Zenith and Oceanic Bank. The three banks then invested the AFC funds in their own profitable ventures, without Nigeria gaining anything from the investments. Federal investigators have been unable to trace the profits and interests on the AFC funds shared between the three banks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners / Gov Amaechi Expecting A Baby From Soyinka's Daughter / Nigerians Slam Defense Minister Musiliu Obanikoro For Playing Love With His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.