Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks (33869 Views)

My View On The Igbos From An Anioma Guy. / Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos / Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 02, 2013
manny4life:

You're the one who already started to sell your people out, you and Ngige are the types Ndigbo should avoid in the future. una g'ele nwanne una maka ego... tufia
i am a sell out for speaking the truth
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by justhelp(m): 2:15pm On Aug 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
The action negates morality and the law. Tell me where it's written in the constitution that a Nigerian can be deported from a state.
Where were you when anambra state deported back to their state, what was your comment them pls show me, I thought you are one of the moderator on this forum , Shame on you.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Demswear4u: 2:15pm On Aug 02, 2013
delors:
ask around, many of them have been taken to Osun and Ondo (where they mostly come from), yet they keep sneaking back to Lagos...it happens...I have written about it before bro. Maybe then, you werent news savvy...and I suspect you are one of those who just jump on topics without having any prior knowledge of the matter...many were taken from Cele bus stop and mile 2 and sent to the Osun government. I recall well, a guy named 'Esu' in Mile 2 in 2010, he is from Ondo...a collector, slightly slim, bleached skin, parted afro hair style, terrorist. He was among those taken back to Osun...but I guess he is back to lagos but keeping a low profile. get understanding man...don't just jump on the bandwagon...
pls don't tell me rubbish.
Lagos state is still crawling with yoruba touts and criminals,yet fashola ignores them and meticulously and deliberately goes after the few poor igbo people he can find.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by deletrue: 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
Am fifty per cent from the west and sincerely believe in unity of Nigeria. But when people you looked at with some percentage or degree of sensitivity turned out to be bundle of disappointments, it's so painful.
You arrived the bridge head and find no representative from the Anambra, therefore the next thing that comes to mind is to dump them there. know it today that Nature will not forgive you whether or not they are mad people.
The other day, one of the Yoruba self acclaimed prominent son failed to stop at the appropriate time while attacking until he was completely messed up. This is another yoruba individual displaying exactly the same level of insensitivity.
You people are just lucky. If you had done this to some south south state, no grammar. They will return stupidity for stupidity. I trust them, no time wasting.

2 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by delors(m): 2:17pm On Aug 02, 2013
KenGali:

Listen to yourself, you sound so foolish. Your home must be under Eko bridge. Your democratic , civil society conscious, SAN of Nigeria sent people to homes under the Niger Bridge. how many he has killed is yet a question to be answered! Six months is enough to kill plenty.
Ok, now I see how well you reason with your an.us. I made an instance about say a family member being insane, wandered to the east, taken by the govt, rehabilitated and re-united with his fam, what is your own point? and you say 'how many he has killed is yet a question to be answered! Six months is enough to kill plenty'... doesnt that sound foolish to you? The whole news is not proven...LSG claims they were taken to a government house near the Niger bridge (or wherever it is), other reports claim they were dumped at a park, and yet, some so-called invisible 'eyewitnesses' who were awake at 4.00am (maybe they are ghosts or armed robbers) claim they saw them dump those guys under Niger bridge, isnt that enough to tell you there are somany disconnected dots in the whole story? Why havent we heard from the so-called deportees to tell us their ordeals...we know your type. Keep reasoning like an unschooled idiot.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by manny4life(m): 2:19pm On Aug 02, 2013
Obiagelli:
If i am a sell out by speaking the truth then shame on you.

What truth nne? Gwa mu okwu... Kowalum eziokwu du n'ife e n'ekwu. Ndigbo si na onwelu ebe mmadu na duje onye ije, onye ahu a si ya, naa duma.... Nwanne'm, gi nwa bu onye ije ahu, oge elugo mgbe e ga eji ile gu gwo eze gi onu.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by agbameta: 2:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
manny4life:

That the northerners are DOCILE about it doesn't make it RIGHT

That the Yoruba folks are DOCILE and belong to same ethnic group don't make it OK.

Again, that Fashola did not say anything (as loud mouthed as he is) means that he had PRIOR knowledge of what Akwa Ibom was about to do and the term of understanding was executed. Akwa Ibom did not drop them at Eko Bridge @3am in the morning etc

To start with, they notified Obi which he's yet to deny, but he ignored the notification so by default, he's the responsible party.

I don't get your rant about right or wrong because what Lagos state did was humanitarian and very just and if you don't see it that way, then let the court of law decide..
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
Chino48:

I think you had better go back and continue with the history picture. Because you are big disaster to your family..

If there is anyone on this Forum that will win a consensus vote of neutrality...it should be naptu2...he has often attacked Yoruba position too....however bigots like you will always want to hear what you want to hear....you don't like listening to the truth always ....except the opinion that enhance your position .
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by naptu2: 2:21pm On Aug 02, 2013
Obiagelli:
Yeah everyone that speaks the truth is now an enemy, first it was Rochas and now its ngige then naptu2?
SMH

Then it will be Aka Ikenga, then the courts, etc.

By the way, I like the guys grammar - "hypocritical sincerity".

They want to sow hate in people's minds yet they are talking about "tribalism"? How can you hate someone just because of his ethnic group? How can you tell so many lies against someone just because he's not from the same ethnic group as you?

Well, they can scream all they want, but the truth will always prevail.

1 Like

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by olakehinde(m): 2:21pm On Aug 02, 2013
Igbo stop being tribalistic and move on.

1 Like

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by dayokanu(m): 2:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
The sensible Iboman has spoken

1 Like

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 02, 2013
eazzzy1:

So deportattion is the right punishment for the offence?there's no differnce in the two cases,except that one was done by a Yoruba governor and the other by an Ibo governor.

Lets look at the original article from another source, not the one your guys are editing.
http://www.nationaldailyng.com/nationwide/obi-moves-to-rid-anambra-of-destitute

IN line with his resolve to sanitize Anambra State and rid it of beggars who are daily increasing in their numbers, Governor Peter Obi has issued an ultimatum to this effect.

Under the ultimatum, beggars, especially, those using children to beg in the state have been ordered to vacate the streets or face arrest within 72 hours.

So far, over [[size=14pt]b]29 beggars with children[/b][/size] have been arrested within the Awka capital city and Onitsha. They have since been repatriated back to their various states of origin, which are mostly Ebonyi and Akwa Ibom.

This was disclosed by the State Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Development , Dr Ego Cordelia Uzoezie, while exchanging views with journalists over the arrest of a middle aged woman in Awka, while begging on the streets with nine children.

The attention of the Commissioner was drawn to the beggar, when one of the kids begging at Nnamdi Azikiwe University junction, six-year old, Goodnews Sunday, was hit by an Okada operator while begging and injuring her jaw in the process.

The child was later taken to Beacon Hospital Awka, for first aid after two hospitals turned her down for reasons which could not be ascertained as at the time of filing this report.

Uzoezie decried the attitude of some parents, who, she said, were indulging “in using children to beg,”

She warned that “after 72 hours, any beggar seen in the state would be arrested by the law enforcement agents and the Special Task Force of the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development.”

[size=16pt]Similarly, the Director, Child Development , Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development , Mr Emeka Ejide, also warned the beggars “to leave their children, alone, and beg if they choose to, as the interest of the ministry and Anambra state government are on the children.”[/size]

Children under abuse were returned home. Adults are free to live within the state. Anambra State is Home for All including you my friend!

1 Like

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by manny4life(m): 2:23pm On Aug 02, 2013
[size=14pt]As many that supported this, it will be your portion... The Bible said, can the fathers eat grapes and the Children's teeth be set on edge? NO..You called it "unifying with family", same way your generations will be UNIFIED. If you believe in it, it will be your portion...AMEN [/size]

1 Like

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by ohil: 2:24pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ngige, used to be my candidate in Anambra, but this single act has reduced his ratings not only in Anambra State but in the entire South East. If he returns as a senator in the next election he will be lucky, but for the governorship election, he should not come and waste his resources. Ngige should be reminded that this is the 2nd time Gov Fashola brought people at Niger Bridge. Who signed that exchange. He supposed to that IBO,s don't beg any where they are. Ibo's can afford to do any kind of job to survive, but not begging.He has turned to a traitor simply because of his affiliations with APC lead Government. Which means if vote for him as a Governor, 80% of our resources will be repatriated to Tinubu for the expansion of his ministry of greed and insatiability.Ngige need to apologize to the people of Anambra State for trying to deceive them and also to advise Fashola that he is not the only lawyer in this country.For APC as a party, it is dead on arrival in all the S/East. Up APGA, UP Soludo. SOLUDO FOR SOLUTION NOT ONLY FOR ANAMBRA FOR THE NATION AT LARGE.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by iheneme(m): 2:26pm On Aug 02, 2013
Iwe newe Fashola na ndi otu ya, maka na ihe bara aba abago. Ndigbo anyi anarigo.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by delors(m): 2:27pm On Aug 02, 2013
Demswear4u?:
pls don't tell me rubbish.
Lagos state is still crawling with yoruba touts and criminals,yet fashola ignores them and meticulously and deliberately goes after the few poor igbo people he can find.
But you forget how many are being taken to skills centre for rehabilitation and skill acquisition? You forgot all those traffic hawkers being transformed with money to start up majority of whom are Ibos? You forget how the LSG transformed the alaba intl marktet predominantly occupied by Ibos? the ASPAM? etc
Was it not Ibos who beat a pregnant Lasgidi officer to death at Yaba? You guys did not say anything about that undecided Self-righteous morons
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by manny4life(m): 2:27pm On Aug 02, 2013
agbameta:

To start with, they notified Obi which he's yet to deny, but he ignored the notification so by default, he's the responsible party.

I don't get your rant about right or wrong because what Lagos state did was humanitarian and very just and if you don't see it that way, then let the court of law decide..

Lol, is that how a "supposed SAN" is to act illegally? Had it tried it here in the U.S., his ass would be TOAST. So your counterpart ignored your notification, then you take laws into your hands and defile the binding agreement that holds us all - The Constitution.

If Obi did not acknowledge, why did he not go through the courts, after all he said he followed "international standard", per standard, family reunion is SUPERVISED BY THE COURT SYSTEM.. How can he be the responsible party when he never acknowledged it? Doesn't make any sense if you ask me...

As for my rant, don't worry... It's very for the very few that understand it, perhaps you have reached that level yet.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Ngwakwe: 2:29pm On Aug 02, 2013
The regard for children was the key reason for the directive but the Yoruba media omitted it just to score cheap political point

KenGali:

The attention of the Commissioner was drawn to the beggar, when one of the kids begging at Nnamdi Azikiwe University junction, six-year old, Goodnews Sunday, was hit by an Okada operator while begging and injuring her jaw in the process.

The child was later taken to Beacon Hospital Awka, for first aid after two hospitals turned her down for reasons which could not be ascertained as at the time of filing this report.

Uzoezie decried the attitude of some parents, who, she said, were indulging “in using children to beg,”

[size=16pt]Similarly, the Director, Child Development , Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development , Mr Emeka Ejide, also warned the beggars “to leave their children, alone, and beg if they choose to, as the interest of the ministry and Anambra state government are on the children.”[/size]

Children were returned home. Adults are free to live within the state. Anambra State is Home for All including you my friend!
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2013
delors:
Ok, now I see how well you reason with your an.us. I made an instance about say a family member being insane, wandered to the east, taken by the govt, rehabilitated and re-united with his fam, what is your own point? and you say 'how many he has killed is yet a question to be answered! Six months is enough to kill plenty'... doesnt that sound foolish to you? The whole news is not proven...LSG claims they were taken to a government house near the Niger bridge (or wherever it is), other reports claim they were dumped at a park, and yet, some so-called invisible 'eyewitnesses' who were awake at 4.00am (maybe they are ghosts or armed robbers) claim they saw them dump those guys under Niger bridge, isnt that enough to tell you there are somany disconnected dots in the whole story? Why havent we heard from the so-called deportees to tell us their ordeals...we know your type. Keep reasoning like an unschooled idiot.

Sorry Man, keep floating, your Governor, the Senior Advocate of Nigeria has already confirmed to Ngige that in his brain, which reasons as stupidly as yours, the people he arrested all live under the bridge in Onitsha. Read the starting content of the thread before making foolish comments. You guys should stopping sinking in quick Sand. The more your talk, the more you smell!

1 Like

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by iheneme(m): 2:32pm On Aug 02, 2013
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by IleIfe2(m): 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2013
1oracle: \
The real enemies of the Igbos is the Igbos and not other tribes, If Ngige should endorse this discrimination and inhumane treatment on fellow human beings irrespective of tribe and ethnicity. So Lagos state government offices open by 4am under eko bridge? So Lagos state government doesn't know state house in awka again? Ngige have shown the same behavior the so called useless group called OHANEZE displayed by going to kano to show support for amnesty for murderers(boko haram) after they bombed bus terminals owned by Igbos in kano. OHANEZE didn't visit peaceful MASSOB members languishing in prisons and police cells in Igbo land for peaceful association as their offense. OHANEZE was no where to be found when Massob members was killed and dumped in esu river there in Igbo land.
So sorry for the Igbos under their so called useless IGBO leaders. Ojukwu is the only leader Igbos have even at death.

Hypocrites, where were you all when the government helped people of other tribes reunite with their family? Are the ibos the only victims of boko-haram.

1 Like

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by ldpele(m): 2:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
Am so glad over the presence political scene in present day nigeria, no room for betrayers to hide or those that which to hang on the fence. Ngige has called his shot,and i think rochas will soon. Mayb he may be compensated with the position he(ngige) made referenc to after fash tenure,cos his state is far from him nw n acn or apc is buried with all this.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by crossover(m): 2:35pm On Aug 02, 2013
It’s very difficult for any person of conscience to follow the kind of discussions that are being spurted out. Is there any state or tribe in Nigeria that is cohesive / homogeneous? I have been to some places in Nigeria and I can conveniently write here that hardly could you see any that is not internally divisive along a particular element. Many of the war - drummers on this forum are not even worthy representatives of their so called ancestral tribes. My advice is that everyone here should try to be mindful of his or her freedom of expression and its implication on generality of the collective destiny. We are one people with one destiny. If your generation refuses to accept this, the coming generation will, dutifully work it out. By then, your evil bodies will be rotten and your souls wailing in hell. It is not anybody's fault to be poor. Our leaders are insensitive and corrosive in a matter of emotion. From Lagos to Anambra; so far, the actions and reactions negate the fundamental ethics of respect for human dignity.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Balkan(m): 2:35pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ngige you sold your people for a pot of porridge. You are a fool. Come and win again. You have finished your carrier
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by ify84(m): 2:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
Kx: Was Ngige not once a governor of Anambra state b4 Peter Obi?
Can an ex governor recontest for d govnorship position?
ngige was not a governor because the court sacked him, in d eye of the law, he was never a governor. so he can contest and even do two tenures but for now, gangplank has spoilt his chances
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by delors(m): 2:41pm On Aug 02, 2013
KenGali:

Sorry Man, keep floating, your Governor, the Senior Advocate of Nigeria has already confirmed to Ngige that in his brain, which reasons as stupidly as yours, the people he arrested all live under the bridge in Onitsha. Read the starting content of the thread before making foolish comments. You guys should stopping sinking in quick Sand. The more your talk, the more you smell!

Yeah man, i read it...I guess you read it as well but you didnt comprehend it...so I helped you to highlight some key points there...hopefully you 'll understand this time.

Read: At the meeting, the Lagos State Governor disclosed that contrary to claims, the issue in question has nothing to do with deportation, but a Social Welfare Intervention, involving several homeless destitutes and other psychiatric cases roaming the streets and some living under the bridges in Lagos. These people were taken in and treated and cared for by the Lagos State Government free of charge and thereafter needed to be reintegrated with their families.

After this rehabilitation the affected people disclosed their true identities and the disclosure revealed that 14 of them were from Anambra State. For the purpose of reintegration with their kith and kin back home( most of them had nobody in Lagos) and for further social support and care, Lagos State Government communicated the Anambra State Government as well as other affected state governments to come forward and identify and take over their people. (see letter as annex 1)

On receipt of this communication, Anambra State Government requested for the identities of those claiming to be from the state( see letter as annex 2). The list was promptly supplied to them by Lagos State for immediate and urgent action( see letter as annex 3).

With further contact and pressure Anambra State Government preferred that the handing over be done at bridge head and Lagos State obliged but found no Anambra State Government Representative on arrival at the agreed date and was hence forced to leave the people at a government office they found at the Niger Bridgehead.

The Lagos State Government further explained that this kind of exchange of destitutes occur between states, as she recently went to Akwa Ibom State to take back two of her rehabilitated citizens.( see letter as annex 4).

You will recall Mr. President of Aka Ikenga, that I had assured the Aka Ikenga members that the Lagos State Government that I am familiar with will not go out of its way to cause hardship to our people and this is evident in its disposition as the first Government of Lagos State to appoint an Igbo as a commissioner and many others into other cabinet positions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

President Jonathan's Convoy Stoned In Yola During Campaign - BBC / 17 Edo Lawmakers Insist On Sitting / Obidients Sing National Anthem At Lagos Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.