Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks (33868 Views)

My View On The Igbos From An Anioma Guy. / Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos / Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by naptu2: 3:45pm On Aug 02, 2013
Plshavmercyamen: MY broda he can publish it if the letter is about RE-UNION and not RELOCATION and it will not serve as any exhibit against him for being a tribalist, elitist ets as it is common practice in recent times between Abia/Imo, Anambra/Ebonyi, Akwa Ibom/lagos, Lagos/oyo/Kano etc

It's not just about the letter. What if there's evidence that can be presented in court, that the people who were relocated agreed to be relocated?

1 Like

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nebeuwa(m): 3:46pm On Aug 02, 2013
Look at what Fashola has done!

He has heated up the polity with his actions.

Did he really think the Ndigbo would take this slight lightly? angry
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 02, 2013
KenGali:

Lets look at the original article from another source, not the one your guys are editing.
http://www.nationaldailyng.com/nationwide/obi-moves-to-rid-anambra-of-destitute

IN line with his resolve to sanitize Anambra State and rid it of beggars who are daily increasing in their numbers, Governor Peter Obi has issued an ultimatum to this effect.

Under the ultimatum, beggars, especially, those using children to beg in the state have been ordered to vacate the streets or face arrest within 72 hours.

So far, over [[size=14pt]b]29 beggars with children[/b][/size] have been arrested within the Awka capital city and Onitsha. They have since been repatriated back to their various states of origin, which are mostly Ebonyi and Akwa Ibom.

This was disclosed by the State Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Development , Dr Ego Cordelia Uzoezie, while exchanging views with journalists over the arrest of a middle aged woman in Awka, while begging on the streets with nine children.

The attention of the Commissioner was drawn to the beggar, when one of the kids begging at Nnamdi Azikiwe University junction, six-year old, Goodnews Sunday, was hit by an Okada operator while begging and injuring her jaw in the process.

The child was later taken to Beacon Hospital Awka, for first aid after two hospitals turned her down for reasons which could not be ascertained as at the time of filing this report.

Uzoezie decried the attitude of some parents, who, she said, were indulging “in using children to beg,”

She warned that “after 72 hours, any beggar seen in the state would be arrested by the law enforcement agents and the Special Task Force of the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development.”

[size=16pt]Similarly, the Director, Child Development , Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development , Mr Emeka Ejide, also warned the beggars “to leave their children, alone, and beg if they choose to, as the interest of the ministry and Anambra state government are on the children.”[/size]

Children under abuse were returned home. Adults are free to live within the state. Anambra State is Home for All including you my friend!

obiagelli no vex oo, but i must say NL igbos lack comprehension gosh!!!!!

29 beggers WITH children what does it mean? come how do you people pass WAEC down east?
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by sexkillzisacunt: 3:47pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ji_sun_pack:

Kano? They should try moving a muscle in anguwa uku or tarauni and see how they'll be converted to SUYA.

You still wonder why they can't even talk about those roasting them on per second basis? Yet, we that feed and accommodate them are the ones they want to rubbish.

Any son of ODUDUWA still sleeping at this moment is a bastrad!
and where did you get the idea that northerners are killing only Igbos? Are Igbos the only christians in Nigeria? Don't we have yoruba and even hausa christians in the north. Boko haram leader Shekau has released many of his videos in the past and not once has he mentioned having anything against Igbos. You are just looking for someone to fight the killing of your brothers for you, typical Yoruba coward. Come back and tell me no Yoruba person has been killed by Boko haram when they kill even their fellow Hausas. So many demented people on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Jisunpack: 3:47pm On Aug 02, 2013
ilugunboy:

That era is gone.....

We will take the message to the public domain...

Stage 1 :

Any politician from south west MUST be forced to make commitment in reducing parasites from our region.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 02, 2013
delors:
Cool. At least i made the point clear enough for all who cared to read...Stop this unnecessary way of accusing anyone who doesnt belong to your tribe as tribalist (or even racist). We all know you guys are the most dubious tribe on earth...only a few of you are good heads. I swear on my grandma's grave, if i lied on this one, make something happen to me sharp sharp...any white man I meet or who knows I am Nigerian, and he is a little familiar with Nigeria, the first thing he asks from me is 'Are you Ibo'? WHITE MEN OOOO...Why? They fear Ibos. I have been embarrassed most times by this. Recently i met an old looking woman who wanted direction and when we started talking she got to know I was Nigerian, and to my greatest shocked, she was like 'huh, Nigerian? Ibo? Sharp sharp, i denied (make person no go enter trouble). She had an ugly experience with Ibos. if you are jobless, pls read some of my old posts, you'd get the message. Your ways are crooked and u are quick to accuse other tribes of tribalism in self-defense...inferiority complex is a disease worse than SARS...deal with it. PEACE OUT! cool

You sound like you are the first Nigerian to meet a white man! LOL
Am sure they are worried about the Igboman who recently killed a Soldier in Britain in a most Barbaric and crude way,
or the one that is busy impregnating his daughters in the US!

On the contrary every single Yoruba's person is an angel , they are all heading to heaven except for Fashola ( FASHO-NAZI)!

1 Like

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by manny4life(m): 3:48pm On Aug 02, 2013
Obiagelli:

Nka bu okwu aka gi

Thank GOD for Google interpreter...

Nne oma, mu na gi enwegho okwu... cool cool cool
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by kingbang: 3:49pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ngige the Yoruba slave. hehehehehehehehe. We are waiting at the polls. SOLUDO IS THE SOLUTION!!!!
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by dbilz(m): 3:49pm On Aug 02, 2013
[quote author=acnwanaka]Ngige just lost my respect, he should forget Government house cos other political party are going use this statement against him during the election embarassed embarassed embarassed SOLUDO is definately our next governor.
Mumu odechuckwu johnson mumuni sule. Well, its nothing new. Slavery has always been a norm to d igbos and it would take centuries for u guys to get out of it.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Plshavmercyamen: 3:49pm On Aug 02, 2013
mikeansy:

Should Lagos State make such request in the first place? is it lawful?
It is lawful and conventional in Nigeria only if the letter read ''RE-UNION'' and not "RELOCATION".
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 02, 2013
kcjazz: So because he said the truth, now he is evil? My people and their moving standards smh undecided

Dont you know most Nigerians have cow brains? They will always be against the truth. That is why most of them are christians.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Jisunpack: 3:50pm On Aug 02, 2013
The Anambra state government has issued a warning to all
street beggars, especially children used by their parents to
beg for alms, to vacate the streets or be arrested.

29 of such women who displayed their children as strategy
for getting alms have already been arrested in Awka and
Onitsha, and repatriated to their home states; Ebonyi and
Akwa Ibom states.

The state commissioner for Women Affairs and Social
Development, Dr. Ego Cordelia Uzoezie, disclosed Friday in
Awka when a middle-aged woman was arrested for begging
with nine children at various points in Awka.

Uzoezie said her attention was drawn to the spectacle when
one of the children who begged at the Unizik junction, Awka,
six-year-old Goodnews Sunday, was hit in the jaw by an
Okada rider, while he begged.

Uzoezie decried the attitude of some parents who used their
children to beg for alms, and warned that after 72 hours any
beggar seen in the state would be arrested by the law
enforcement agents and the special task force of the ministry
of women affairs and social development.

^^^

None of the bigoted souls said anything when this was happening, because the criminal is Obi.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 02, 2013
Plshavmercyamen: MY broda he can publish it if the letter is about RE-UNION and not RELOCATION and it will not serve as any exhibit against him for being a tribalist, elitist ets as it is common practice in recent times between Abia/Imo, Anambra/Ebonyi, Akwa Ibom/lagos, Lagos/oyo/Kano etc

You can not use the word Re-Union when these people are not asking for any re-union

Relocation? yes but it is a forced relocation and it is illegal under the Nigerian constitution and UN conventions on Human right!

So the crux of the matter is not Obi's response or lack of it but rather whether Fashola should have made that request in the first place.
kingbang: Ngige the Yoruba slave. hehehehehehehehe. We are waiting at the polls. SOLUDO IS THE SOLUTION!!!!

Ngige will rule you again
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
This is the time Yorubas need to wake up.

Stop being docile and "sophisticated".

You are not too "sophisticated" to protect your image.

Ibos should not be handed monopoly over tribalism.

When Ibo almajiris point at you and call your land poverty-stricken, who will correct them?

When they devalue your land, home, family, sons, daughter, who will speak out?

You need to wake up.....

There's a private Ibo forum where Yorubas are discussed daily, basically on how to destroy their image on NL, yet you sit there and keep quiet because you're too sophisticated.

Wake up.

lol this was exactly how the rwanda massacre start o, abeg oo, i get plenty ibo family oo.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ji_sun_pack:

I wish all my brothers claiming sophistication will get this massage installed in their memories.

The thing with Yorubas is that they keep quiet until the heat gets too much.

They form sophistication when they really need to speak out

Ibos should not monopolize tribalism

When they wake up, Lagos will know.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by clint77ng: 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
olakehinde: Igbo stop being tribalistic and move on.
Pot calling kettle black.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by delors(m): 3:52pm On Aug 02, 2013
KenGali:

You sound like you are the first Nigerian to meet a white man! LOL
Am sure they are worried about the Igboman who recently killed a Soldier in Britain in a most Barbaric and crude way,
or the one that is busy impregnating his daughters in the US!

On the contrary every single Yoruba's person is an angel , they are all heading to heaven except for Fashola ( FASHO-NAZI)!
Good point! smiley
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Tzulu(f): 3:52pm On Aug 02, 2013
Kx: Was Ngige not once a governor of Anambra state b4 Peter Obi?
Can an ex governor recontest for d govnorship position?

You need a refresher course in o level Government.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by sexkillzisacunt: 3:52pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ji_sun_pack:

Stage 1 :

Any politician from south west MUST be forced to make commitment in reducing parasites from our region.
stop flattering yourself, Igbos are not intersted in that village called Ekiti or the forest called Osun, they are only intersted in Lagos, which was developed by the resources of Nigeria as a former capital. Don't make this a south west issue, most states in the South east are better than Ekiti, Osun, Ondo etc.

1 Like

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by manny4life(m): 3:52pm On Aug 02, 2013
ifeness:

He will rule again?

Unless we're back to the stone age, I was rooting for him on FB when Soludo did not declare his intentions, but I think I know where my camp lies...
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ji_sun_pack: The Anambra state government has issued a warning to all
street beggars, especially children used by their parents to
beg for alms, to vacate the streets or be arrested.

29 of such women who displayed their children as strategy
for getting alms have already been arrested in Awka and
Onitsha, and repatriated to their home states; Ebonyi and
Akwa Ibom states.

The state commissioner for Women Affairs and Social
Development, Dr. Ego Cordelia Uzoezie, disclosed Friday in
Awka when a middle-aged woman was arrested for begging
with nine children at various points in Awka.

Uzoezie said her attention was drawn to the spectacle when
one of the children who begged at the Unizik junction, Awka,
six-year-old Goodnews Sunday, was hit in the jaw by an
Okada rider, while he begged.

Uzoezie decried the attitude of some parents who used their
children to beg for alms, and warned that after 72 hours any
beggar seen in the state would be arrested by the law
enforcement agents and the special task force of the ministry
of women affairs and social development.

^^^

None of the bigoted souls said anything when this was happening, because the criminal is Obi.

were this people deported to any other state? if they were then it is also wrong.

A State Governor has the right to pursue welfare re-habilitation programmes within their state. but to deport people or dump people at the boarder just because you thought they spoke a different language is racists

they are Nigerians too!
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by 9jaIhail(m): 3:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
eagle,eye:

Of course he is a true leader to you...... After all your name says it all....

High time every sane igbo ignore that foolish igbo wannabe call Obiagelli. If truly she is igbo as claimed,that means she belong to the category of igbos who needed to be taken out of our midst silently.. She is nothing but Thomas osuji of nairaland.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 02, 2013
manny4life:

He will rule again?

Unless we're back to the stone age, I was rooting for him on FB when Soludo did not declare his intentions, but I think I know where my camp lies...

Ok
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Jisunpack: 3:55pm On Aug 02, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
This is the time Yorubas need to wake up.

Stop being docile and "sophisticated".

You are not too "sophisticated" to protect your image.

Ibos should not be handed monopoly over tribalism.

When Ibo almajiris point at you and call your land poverty-stricken, who will correct them?

When they devalue your land, home, family, sons, daughter, who will speak out?

You need to wake up.....

There's a private Ibo forum where Yorubas are discussed daily, basically on how to destroy their image on NL, yet you sit there and keep quiet because you're too sophisticated.

Wake up.

Why are Ibos focusing so much on what a Yoruba man (Fashola did), when Ibo governors in the past have done the same? Stop the tribalism.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by kingbang: 3:55pm On Aug 02, 2013
ifeness:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Please PM me, i don't mind staking a bet on it. Ngige my black butt, Soludo is the next Anambra Governor.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2013
Chris Ngige has spoken as a true Nigerian. Since he and Raji Fashola has said the Government of Anambra State was informed on the 'deportation' of people to Onitsha, Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State should be made to speak on whether he was informed.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by sexkillzisacunt: 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ekiti.Goatgirl:

The thing with Yorubas is that they keep quiet until the heat gets too much.

They form sophistication when they really need to speak out

Ibos should not monopolize tribalism

When they wake up, Lagos will know.
Fool, Yorubas will never wake up, you'll remain cowards for life, that's why your leaders are now making friends with those who killed Abiola and his wife. Rep your state, you are not from Lagos. Ekiti fool
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nebeuwa(m): 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ngige just helped Soludo win the election before it even started.

It is a shame that Ngige had to stoop so low. He is quite popular in Anambra. All he had to do was to either keep quiet, or distance himself from Fashola. He did neither and now he will lose.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by kingbang: 3:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

High time every sane igbo ignore that foolish igbo wannabe.

Dunno why some igbos are wasting their time on some yorubas claiming to be Igbo. We know the f00ls and should ignore them. simple.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
kingbang: cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Please PM me, i don't mind staking a bet on it. Ngige my black butt, Soludo is the next Anambra Governor.

Lol
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Plshavmercyamen: 3:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
naptu2:

It's not just about the letter. What if there's evidence that can be presented in court, that the people who were relocated agreed to be relocated?
Then it will be wonderful. But, at this point in time because of political expediency and tribal co-habitation it is important we provide all the facts(letters and replies) at the court of public opinion. If not, even if you go to the law court and win, some pple who profit when anarchy rules will stil shout blue murder and sway the court of public opinion to there side and it wil not be good for the polity and indeed Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

BBC Bandits Documentary: NBC Fines DSTV, Startimes And TSTV 5 Million Naira Each / Obidients Sing National Anthem At Lagos Rally / Labour Party Adopts PDP’s Dino Melaye Ahead of Kogi Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.