Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,004 members, 7,814,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks (33830 Views)

My View On The Igbos From An Anioma Guy. / Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos / Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 02, 2013
greggng: IS A SHAME THAT FASHOLAS KIND GESTURE IS NOW BEING POLITICIZE BY THOSE THAT MEANT EVIL FOR THIS NATION. I AM AN IGBO MAN AND I SEE NOTHING WRONG IN WHAT FASHOLA DID.THE CHALLENGE IS ON IGBO PEOPLE TO BE THEIR BROTHERS KEEPERS.WE ARE SELF CENTERED PEOPLE AND ONLY CARE ABOUT OURSELVES.

IF THOSE DEPORTEES ARE IGBOS, LET THE GOVERNOR OF THEIR STATES ACCEPT THEM AND MAKE THERE LIFE'S MORE MEANINGFUL. I DONT SUPPORT EVIL IF AM IN FASHOLAS SHOES I WILL DO SAME.I MUST COMMEND HIM FOR TAKEN CARE OF THEM .THE BALL IS NOW IN THE COURT OF THEIR STATES GOVERNORS/RELATIVES.

FINALLY, WE SHOULD AS A PEOPLE FIGHT FOR THINGS THAT WILL BE BENEFICIAL TO THE MASSES.THINGS LIKE SOCIAL BENEFIT THAT COULD TAKE CARE OF THE UNEMPLOYED AND SOCIAL MISCREANTS.IF THE LAW GUARANTEES THIS, THEN SITUATIONS LIKE THIS WILL BE A THING OF THE PAST.THIS WAY FASHOLA WILL HAVE LOTS OF MONEY TO TAKE CARE OF THEM KNOWING FULLY WELL THAT THE FEDERAL GOVT WILL ALWAYS MAKE PROVISION FOR IT.THIS IS MY OPINION

[size=14pt]If you are truly an Igbo man, lets hope one of your brothers is not among those who reportedly died in detention under the magnanimity of Fashola![/size]

1 Like

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by delors(m): 1:58pm On Aug 02, 2013
Dreal1247: Mr Ngige, ps better go and nationalize as a Yoruba. I used to respect u but u av proved to be a true politician who can betray, sacrifice, harm, kill, or do any form of harm to a brother in order to gain position. Now u see no wrong in a state govt dumping ur brothers and sisters @ 4.00 am. And you expect the govt officials to be there waiting @ 4.00am cos govt has become a midnight business.. What of the ones from other states? Why not take then to their states? Dont even think of coming to Anambra state for any form of campaign because you are a betrayer.
Dumb! Dumb thinking from a dumb NLer (and maybe a Nigerian). You politicize everything. Common sense so scarce. Eye witness says 4.00am, you believed. Where is the eye witness? Bandwagon propaganda! A responsible and well respected man from the Igbo community comes out to say the truth, yet you guys want to crucify him. I bet you were expecting him to castigate the LSG just as every other dumb thinking people have been...All you want is someone to support your precarious and embarrassingly bigoted view that Yorubas are anti-Ibos...so dumb!

5 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
manny4life:

This is where I faulted "The Retardeen", before waiting for it to be tested, e should have used executive authority on this Fashola dude, it's he Fashola that will cry out to the courts. Fashola did not respect principles of the law, no deference to our Constitution, where is the social and ethical validity?

Jonathan is more interested in winning a re election in 2015.

As it stands....he is already having it bad with the Yorubas....he will not want to degenerate the situation with them

He already has the Ibos in his pocket...they cant do anything even if he messes them up...the alternative for them is no imaginable....so they are safely in his pocket....

It's is a bloc of Yorubas and those undecided voters in Yorubaland that he cannot afford to offend....a wrong move against Fashola by him will be view as an affront on the Yoruba race...he can't afford that.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by justhelp(m): 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ji_sun_pack: [size=38pt]Why are these bigoted ibos not shouting when Obi deported beggars? [/size]
they will not say anything because they are triabalist, they full of themselves lack eduaction because they don't want to learn the truth, The elite ones will not make noise,is only fools among them, This is my vadicts if you don't want to accept what LSG did go to hell, if you think is inhuman ask your Governors to treat you right, if you think you might be next to be deported you are free to leave now, if you hate Fashola go and hug transformer. When you deported northerners no one make noise. You guys need to use your head.

2 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
APC Stakeholders actually think we are dummies.

In which part of the world does exchanges of people occur by 4:00M ?

Ngige has lost my respect with this singular attempt to right a wrong.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by iheneme(m): 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
The more Fashola and his supporters try to defend this degrading deportation they more they make themselves stupid. Until he also deports all other destitutes (as he calls them) from other states of the country, I will never believe this regrettable incident is not borne out of ill-will. Except Fashola and his cohorts want to tell us that all the destitutes in Lagos are Igbos.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Izz9111: 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2013
This a very huge disappointment from a notary citizen of Ibo land like Sen Ngige. Sen Nigige is just bias only because they are from the same party. Just that singular reason he can't say the truth. Mr Ngige let me ask you Who and Who reached agreement? Is there any written document from Anambra State Govt about the so called re-uniting the destitutes and the families? Which day and what time was agreed to hand them over?

If a man compromises because of his personal ambition over the public and the general interest just give him some days to meet with his doom.

Sen. Ngige, please stop misleading the public with false information.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by agbameta: 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2013
Afam4eva: Now, the issue has moved from whether it's constitutional to drive Nigerians out of a state to whether or not Fashola communicated with Peter Obi about the action. Whether or not he did does not take away the fact that it's immoral to deport a citizen of a country within the country. I don't care whether Anambra or Akwa-Ibom has done it previously. It is wrong. Every state government should cater for the Nigerians they find in their abode. Afterall, states are given allocations based on their population and other variables. If the government were to give allocations based on state of origin then Lagos will probably receive the smallest allocation. let our leaders be wise and not take actions that will heat up the already heated polity.

Based on strong moral ground, Lagos state did the most human thing and I commend their effort. Treating and rehabilitating homeless and stranded folks with nothing to survive on and then relocating and reuniting them with their families remains a very noble and commendable effort. Only irresponsible governments sits around watching people waste away with no support and end up endangering themselves and the society.

3 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Ngwakwe: 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2013
Why are you taking Peter Obi's complaint off the discussion. You have settled for Fashola's defence as nothing but the truth.

If you don't mind can you reproduce the exact letter Fashola gave Ngige as a proof of the Onisha head-bridge venue of the exchange agreement

A person's integrity is best proved in time of his weakness.

You are in the same employment with Ekoile, Gbawe, Sincere9gerian etal.

naptu2:

Read the first post. Chris Ngige has supplied a letter that was written by the Anambra State Government in which they stated the venue where they wanted the hand over to take place. He even attached the letter to his letter to Aka Ikenga.

Be patient, let's hear what Aka Ikenga will say when they meet Fashola (I hope they will not be labelled traitors).

1 Like

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Demswear4u: 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2013
iheneme: The more Fashola and his supporters try to defend this degrading deportation they more they make themselves stupid. Until he also deports all other destitutes (as he calls them) from other states of the country, I will never believe this regrettable incident is not borne out of ill-will. Except Fashola and his cohorts want to tell us that all the destitutes in Lagos are Igbos.
I wonder.
why haven't fashola deported those yoruba touts and beggars at oshodi?
Most of them are not from lagos.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by LBT: 2:03pm On Aug 02, 2013
fredopayee: Those guys was offloaded rround 4am eye witnes said. I wonder how the 2 partied agreed on this. If they agreed, do you think Anambra State Govt and other Igbo dignitaries will speak againt it Think Ngige Think.
what if lagos has documents properly signed by both parties to back it up.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 02, 2013
donchris999: Nkita rikwa nne gi elu there! Ara gbagbukwe nna gi there! Ibi dakwa gi! Amadioha piapukwa gi isi there! Looking at your signature it is clear that you are not igbo. How can you write such a rubbish against your tribe(adopted) and put achebe's name as a quote from him. Your comments agains the igbo tribe from thread to thread only shows how cowardly you and your yoruba brothers are! Anuofia. Now go and use your real monicker because am 100percent sure that you are eggheaders as people have been insinuating here! Biko use your real monicker and stop being a coward, abi, you dey fear tomakint ni? Amu gi zakwa there! Ara chawa pu gi isi. Amadioha gbupu gi aka ahu iji ede rubbish nile ina ede na nairaland!
Another NNO officer, Google my signature and see who made the statement, if you are true igbo then you would take CHINUA's advice.

people trying to spoil NDIGBO's true identity as a well mannered people.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by delors(m): 2:04pm On Aug 02, 2013
KenGali:

[size=14pt]If you are truly an Igbo man, lets hope one of your brothers is not among those who reportedly died in detention under the magnanimity of Fashola![/size]
What detention camp? Are you so dumb? angry Where is the camp? let the detainees come out and tell us their ordeals in the so-called detention camp. Why are you so embarrassingly unreasonable. How can a democratic govt, led by a lawyer (SAN for that matter) and in a civil society where civil orgs that are vibrant abound? Stop this useless propaganda and open your eyes to the truth. If I had an insane in my family who wandered away (say to the east), then taken by (say Anambra govt), sent to a rehab centre or psych home, rehabilitated and sent back to the family in Lagos, wouldnt that be a commendable thing? wouldnt the family be so happy to have him back? Bunch of propagandists

2 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by naptu2: 2:04pm On Aug 02, 2013
PointB:

Like I said, stick to posting pictures.

Any policy/scheme that encourages dumping of human beings by 3.00am at some head bridge is barbaric, ill-thought, and inhuman. IF the Anambra State Governmnent indeed agreed to receive them, logic dictates it can NEVER be by 3.00 am in the dead of the night. If that was the agreed time, common sense dictates that they wait or try to contact the Anambra official, it's a matter of phone call. Dumping there there like waste is barbaric, and no policy of a self respecting government will support that. And no self respecting individual will support this barbarism; I doubt Akwa Ibom Government dumped Lagos State indigene at Ore by 3.00am in the name of repatriation. So much for your knowledge of the dumping policy!

If, if, if = you don't know. You are just guessing.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by agbameta: 2:05pm On Aug 02, 2013
@ TOPIC.

Nice to know that apart from the emotional and sentimental don't think before talking leaders, they still have rational and sensible leaders like Ngige in that region..
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Watermelon(m): 2:05pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ngige should forget his 2013 governorship ambition
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by dlight1(m): 2:06pm On Aug 02, 2013
As much as I do not agree with the fact that they were moved to Anambra at such an odd hour, I do not think it should be tribal prejudice. This is not the first time such a thing will be done by the Lagos state govt. and states in the south west have all have their share in it but perhaps certain question need to be asked it's all politics at play
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by bloggernaija: 2:07pm On Aug 02, 2013
I could not care less if ngige wins or loses .whether he is an apc member, PDP or even apga.the politics of anambra is inconsequential to most of the people in the southwest,most of the southeast is..in fact
the UK/US polity offers more cause for us than what happens in anambra.what matters to me is that my governor is on point .
If these guys do not stop their ranting ,all the Lagos state government has to do is to give the licensing laws some teeth ,in order to put them in their place .
Substandard goods not allowed,authorised licence holder system for all goods and services.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Ngwakwe: 2:07pm On Aug 02, 2013
Let it be reproduced online for all to see and judge.

LBT: what if lagos has documents properly signed by both parties to back it up.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Jilo83(m): 2:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
Obiagelli: Perfect response from a true leader, God bless you ngige

All this bandwagoning by uniformed few is just shameful.

Question is have anyone interviewed any of the returnee, have anyone found out what their conditions were in Lagos before they were reunited?

Have lagos state not been returning hausa beggers to the not?

Haven't the Eastern states been re moving fulani migrants from their states

Did the federal government not return igbo from abuja some months ago?
ehn! So it happened in Anambra b4. When I see pple like I know all will be well in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by manny4life(m): 2:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
LBT: what if lagos has documents properly signed by both parties to back it up.

When you have a "signed agreement", then stick to the terms, faulter on the terms, and the agreement is annulled. Same applies, even if Anambra agreed to accept them, was it at 3am in the morning? Under the bridge? Did Anambra also accept to take/cater for others? I mean look at the scenario and them tell me what moral and ethical about it, so whatever letter he claimed to have sent is NONSENSE.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
delors:
What detention camp? Are you so dumb? angry Where is the camp? let the detainees come out and tell us their ordeals in the so-called detention camp. Why are you so embarrassingly unreasonable. How can a democratic govt, led by a lawyer (SAN for that matter) and in a civil society where civil orgs that are vibrant abound? Stop this useless propaganda and open your eyes to the truth. If I had an insane in my family who wandered away (say to the east), then taken by (say Anambra govt), sent to a rehab centre or psych home, rehabilitated and sent back to the family in Lagos, wouldnt that be a commendable thing? wouldnt the family be so happy to have him back? Bunch of propagandists

Listen to yourself, you sound so foolish. Your home must be under Eko bridge. Your democratic , civil society conscious, SAN of Nigeria sent people to homes under the Niger Bridge. how many he has killed is yet a question to be answered! Six months is enough to kill plenty.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by eazzzy1(m): 2:09pm On Aug 02, 2013
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:09pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ndigbos are hardly united in Action.. only in Thoughts
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 02, 2013
The Igbo should charge Fashola to ICJ for human rights abuse.
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by delors(m): 2:09pm On Aug 02, 2013
Demswear4u?:
I wonder.
why haven't fashola deported those yoruba touts and beggars at oshodi?
Most of them are not from lagos.
ask around, many of them have been taken to Osun and Ondo (where they mostly come from), yet they keep sneaking back to Lagos...it happens...I have written about it before bro. Maybe then, you werent news savvy...and I suspect you are one of those who just jump on topics without having any prior knowledge of the matter...many were taken from Cele bus stop and mile 2 and sent to the Osun government. I recall well, a guy named 'Esu' in Mile 2 in 2010, he is from Ondo...a collector, slightly slim, bleached skin, parted afro hair style, terrorist. He was among those taken back to Osun...but I guess he is back to lagos but keeping a low profile. get understanding man...don't just jump on the bandwagon...
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by manny4life(m): 2:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
Obiagelli:
Another NNO officer, Google my signature and see who made the statement, if you are true igbo then you would take CHINUA's advice.

Useless people trying to spoil NDIGBO's true identity as a well mannered people. You are disgrace to your ancestors.

You're the one who already started to sell your people out, you and Ngige are the types Ndigbo should avoid in the future. una g'ele nwanne una maka ego... tufia
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by agbameta: 2:11pm On Aug 02, 2013
iheneme: The more Fashola and his supporters try to defend this degrading deportation they more they make themselves stupid. Until he also deports all other destitutes (as he calls them) from other states of the country, I will never believe this regrettable incident is not borne out of ill-will. Except Fashola and his cohorts want to tell us that all the destitutes in Lagos are Igbos.

What about the Northern folks they relocated? Are the Northerners crying?

What about the Yoruba folks he deported? Are their governors crying?

What about the folks Anambra itself deported? Are they asking for blood from Anambra?

What about the folks from Lagos Akwa Ibom threaten to back to Lagos? Did Fashola cry like a baby? No he did not cry.

You people see evil where it doesn't exist...
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2013
Demswear4u?:
That Naptu of a guy is a tribalist.
He just hides it under the cloack of hypocritical sincereity and neutrality.
Yeah everyone that speaks the truth is now an enemy, first it was Rochas and now its ngige then naptu2?
SMH
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by PointB: 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2013
naptu2:

If, if, if = you don't know. You are just guessing.

Same as you bros, only that you swallow your guesstimates hooks. line, and sinker as the truth!

Dumping human beings at the foot of a bridge by 3.00am is barbaric, wicked and callous, as is detaining them in any center for close to 6 months against their will without recourse to the courts!

Descending the ladder of bigotry will get you nowhere fast! Stick to posting pictures of ex-presidents!

1 Like

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by manny4life(m): 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2013
agbameta:

What about the Northern folks they relocated? Are the Northerners crying?

What about the Yoruba folks he deported? Are their governors crying?

What about the folks from Lagos Akwa Ibom deported back to Lagos? Did Fashola cry like a baby? No he did not cry.

You people see evil where it doesn't exist...

That the northerners are DOCILE about it doesn't make it RIGHT

That the Yoruba folks are DOCILE and belong to same ethnic group don't make it OK.

Again, that Fashola did not say anything (as loud mouthed as he is) means that he had PRIOR knowledge of what Akwa Ibom was about to do and the term of understanding was executed. Akwa Ibom did not drop them at Eko Bridge @3am in the morning etc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Aisha Jumai Alhassan And Osinbajo Meet In Taraba State Today / Wike’s Revenge, Atiku’s Next Move / Dasuki Declined Offer To Attend Father's Burial- Nigerian Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.