Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,487 members, 7,836,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead (27853 Views)

Ademola Fashola Gushes Over His Girlfriend (pics) / Gunmen Kill Yomi Ademola, PDP Chieftain In Osun / From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by LaraBabatunde: 6:48pm On Aug 05, 2013
RIP, Baba Oloriire!
Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by Alorotimi: 6:51pm On Aug 05, 2013
ki olorun mu erupe biburu kuro loju baba. Baba rere sun re o.ki olorun mu erupe biburu kuro loju baba. Baba rere sun re o.ki olorun mu erupe biburu kuro loju baba. Baba rere sun re o.
Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by tomzman: 7:02pm On Aug 05, 2013
RIP Pa Fashola.
Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by Skmoda360(m): 7:24pm On Aug 05, 2013
RIP grandpop...
Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by ibrokola(m): 7:49pm On Aug 05, 2013
May Allah grant him Aljannah Firdaus
Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by Policewoman(f): 7:55pm On Aug 05, 2013
RIP sir. Your son has blood on his hands sha.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by Policewoman(f): 7:58pm On Aug 05, 2013
Mr Aboki: [size=22pt]ITS OWAMBE Time Murr'f'ckers..[/size] grin

State funeral things.. We are blocking third mainland bridge, Carter bridge and the whole of Ojota..

Aso-Ebi for all residents of Lagos..

Any non-indegene that refuses to buy Aso-Ebi will be deported..

We are blocking MMA1 & 2.. No flights in or out of Lagos.

Apart from the souveniers and Aso-ebi that would be imported, we are shutting down Tin Can and Apapa for 1 week.

Free Food for all at Onikan Stadium, Eko Atlantic and Surulere Stadium.

Souveniers are expected from all non-indegenes... Esp. Alaba Traders and Ladipo traders..

Fashola is Mourning, Lagos is Mourning..

Eko oni baje...

YOU BE REAL ABOKI. grin grin grin
Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by DTaj: 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2013
Rest in peace, Papa. No man is perfect; majority of discerning Lagos residents thank God for you; for a soul through whom Babatunde Fashola, the irrepresible administrator, the man of great ideas, the Senior Prefect of all Nigerian Governors, was born. Nothing, not even a controversial social decision, can decimate the worth of your son. God bless your soul. Sincere condolences to the Fashola clan of Isale Gangan, Lagos Island.
Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by Italiano1: 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2013
Mr Aboki: [size=22pt]ITS OWAMBE Time Murr'f'ckers..[/size] grin

State funeral things.. We are blocking third mainland bridge, Carter bridge and the whole of Ojota..

Aso-Ebi for all residents of Lagos..

Any non-indegene that refuses to buy Aso-Ebi will be deported..

We are blocking MMA1 & 2.. No flights in or out of Lagos.

Apart from the souveniers and Aso-ebi that would be imported, we are shutting down Tin Can and Apapa for 1 week.

Free Food for all at Onikan Stadium, Eko Atlantic and Surulere Stadium.

Souveniers are expected from all non-indegenes... Esp. Alaba Traders and Ladipo traders..

Fashola is Mourning, Lagos is Mourning..

Eko oni baje...

Was this necessary?

I think you are trying to incite hatred here. I am shocked you have not been banned

3 Likes

Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 05, 2013
Tintinix:

Are you freaking serious?!So what is good for the Geese is no longer good for the Gander?!

Waoh!! You guys are unrepentantly biased!!!!

I truly pity the First Family of Nigeria indeed!!

Funny tho that the people attacking Fashola are not the known Ijaws on this forum but the You-know-whos. Why do u guys love picking fights for no reason?
Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by sweetgala(m): 8:23pm On Aug 05, 2013
R.I.P baba Fashola
Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by gagapraiz(m): 9:19pm On Aug 05, 2013
RIP pa,father to our great leader.
Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by OneNaira6: 9:23pm On Aug 05, 2013
God is all seeing. Fasola you can lie to men but you can never lie to God. it's a shame your father paid for the sins of your nazi behavior. Blood for a Blood they say. May the Good lord have mercy on Fashola's soul cause him dey God radar.

RIP Fashola's dad. you're probably a Good man that sadly paid for the blood on your sons hand. RIP

On the article, so with all that fashola's paper hype, he still did exactly what all Nigeria politicians does whenever they are sick. hmmmmm. of this was GEJ, PEJ, NOI, or anyone in the FG, we'll never hear word from APC stooges on NL. hmmm

3 Likes

Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by tpia5: 9:37pm On Aug 05, 2013
rip to Pa Fashola
Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by Italiano1: 10:44pm On Aug 05, 2013
May God grant Pa Fashola eternal rest and God bless him for bringing up such a fine Gentleman and a Hero.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by Mentcee(m): 10:48pm On Aug 05, 2013
This post has been hidden
Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 05, 2013
Ermmm, to all those embittered by fashola's govt this is no time to express it, like they say in igbo language anaghi ese okwu na oge onwu translation (you don't quarrel in time of death). R.I.P. Pa ademola.
Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by Easy1401(m): 12:03am On Aug 06, 2013
Condolence to my mentor in politics Uncle Fash. Eko o nii Baje ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by Vansnickers: 1:10am On Aug 06, 2013
One_Naira: God is all seeing. Fasola you can lie to men but you can never lie to God. it's a shame your father paid for the sins of your nazi behavior. Blood for a Blood they say. May the Good lord have mercy on Fashola's soul cause him dey God radar.

RIP Fashola's dad. you're probably a Good man that sadly paid for the blood on your sons hand. RIP

On the article, so with all that fashola's paper hype, he still did exactly what all Nigeria politicians does whenever they are sick. hmmmmm. of this was GEJ, PEJ, NOI, or anyone in the FG, we'll never hear word from APC stooges on NL. hmmm

You're a very sick Man.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by Freewilly(f): 1:17am On Aug 06, 2013
Poor man I feel very sad his gone forever.
Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by birdman(m): 3:59am On Aug 06, 2013
Italiano1:

Was this necessary?

I think you are trying to incite hatred here. I am shocked you have not been banned

I wouldnt worry about it. Shebi he has a father too?

RIP. At least the old man almost hit 80
Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by musiwa39: 4:17am On Aug 06, 2013
Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by opeyemitee(m): 4:42am On Aug 06, 2013
RIP baba. May Almighty Allah grant you Aljanna firdauz. Accept my condolence Mr. BRF.
Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by waja(m): 5:15am On Aug 06, 2013
Sins of the son lol! RIP old man.
Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by tpia5: 5:19am On Aug 06, 2013
^you better pray your own son sins in like manner so you can reach the age of 75 years.
Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by Freewilly(f): 5:26am On Aug 06, 2013
KARMA!!! you are a very wicked lady indeed.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by okoiyawo1: 6:01am On Aug 06, 2013
Action Governor, sorry, it is inevitable, accept my sympaty, Msy God grant him Aljana fidous
Re: Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead by DTaj: 7:01am On Aug 06, 2013
One_Naira: God is all seeing. Fasola you can lie to men but you can never lie to God. it's a shame your father paid for the sins of your nazi behavior. Blood for a Blood they say. May the Good lord have mercy on Fashola's soul cause him dey God radar.

This is exactly one of the things that are wrong with us as a people. It is better to make comments from the position of authority (at least). Never make a comment about a man (or any human being) you do not know one bit. Just express your condolences, or keep shut! I have read some terrible comments from people on Nairaland and elsewhere following this death- from the sadistic to the insane; from the ridiculous to the profane; from the inhumane to the devilish- just because his son took a social decision that was controversial, or just because his son belong to a rival political party...

I had the cause to meet Pa Ademola Fashola (fortuitously, though) between 2008 and 2012 two times in the public arena. One was at the Iponri Central Mosque Surulere and the other elsewhere. I approached the old man and stretched my hands, and bowed a bit (as Yorubas usually do). The old man shook my hands and we exchanged pleasantries. He packed his prayer mat by himself and walked away to his car- no police orderly, no aide, no assistant. On the other instance, years apart, I greeted him and he answered swiftly and stretched out his hands to greet me first. Most people, let alone elites, would restrain theirselves from greeting a complete stranger, especially a Governor's father!

His house off Bode Thomas Street Surulere, the house he lived till he died, was on a street without any trappings of the Governor's father's house. No wonder, Lagos PDP, in spite of the political rivalry with his son, wrote this about him yesterday: "Mr Tunji Shelle, Chairman of Lagos PDP, described the deceased as a patron who related well with others. On behalf of my family and of the teeming members of our party in Lagos State, I express our deep sorrow on the death of Pa Fashola, the beloved father of Gov. Fashola. The late Fashola was simple, focused and a thorough bred Lagosian whose personal character identity was also a reason why the young governor got no pressure from his father.
He was also known to be a silent achiever; it is very sad that Pa Fashola died before his son’s tenure in office ends". That was a honest eulogy from Lagos PDP (politics aside).

That desirable character of Pa Fashola (not applying pressure on his son for dispensing patronage) should remind fair-minded people of the contrast with parents of some politicians who become alternate Governors to their siblings. A particular case in reference was Mama Kalu, mother of Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, who wielded so much power that she was called 'Mama Governor General' and the current Governor, Thedore Orji famously called the brand of democracy under Kalu as "Mamacrazy"...Any politician who needed any favour from Orji Kalu would 'camp' at the mother's house. Many got appointments from this direct lobby.

This Pa Fashola trait reminded me of the mother of General Tunde Idiagbon, deputy to General Buhari, whose mother sold kerosine at the family house in Ilorin (Idiagbon Compound) almost till death, even when her son was Nigeria's most powerful and most disciplined deputy Head of State (and in fact the de facto Head of State at the time). The old woman did not leave for Ilorin GRA or elsewhere, and the son did not insist she left...

All said, may God grant Papa's soul eternal rest, and uphold members of the larger Fashola clan.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Military Arrests Another Wanted Boko Haram Suspect / Prince Donatus Okonkwo Declares His Anambra Governorship Intention / Ambode Commissions Johnson, Jakande And Tinubu Park, Alausa; Check Out The Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.