Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria (20217 Views)

See What This Funke Oyinbo, Ukrainian Said About Nigeria / Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? / Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by adabeke12(f): 5:52am On Nov 13, 2013
nna mehn, i miss my mma kuku and my mpa kuku, the whole family infact. returning from skool nd buying moi moi or roasted plaintain or yam with fish. Damn it i miss my child hood, i miss the go getta mentality, the challenge, hustling, cooking, helping my mom with her restaurant, allen(my childhood love) i miss rumumasi mehn oh and knock out cry cry cry
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by lekkie073(m): 5:52am On Nov 13, 2013
Gifted4all: Jumping into a moving molue at ojuelegba
molues don't ply ojuelegba.....or u mean barracks?
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Littlehooper: 6:00am On Nov 13, 2013
[quote author=Iceberyln]wat has d igbos done 2 dat imbeside [/quote

slowpoke NOT IMBESIDE....
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:21am On Nov 13, 2013
Rexxie:
how it do homestice,just wondering if u could throw more lite on....da dark goddess,Lola....tall? Surname sumthing Egbe...?...

Nope She's Yoruba but her Surname Is Daniels..
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by DECOtech(m): 6:42am On Nov 13, 2013
henrychubayo: Palm wine. Abacha. Bush meant. Palm kannel soup. Achicha.
Go and shoot one rabbit in the bush nah! ...or wld you be charged with murder?
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by cpn123: 7:07am On Nov 13, 2013
East or West, North or South, the truth is that no other is like home. there is only one Naija.One
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by vincent09(m): 7:18am On Nov 13, 2013
i miss naija foods in general... smiley
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by FemiSuperstar(m): 7:49am On Nov 13, 2013
I miss my people,the food,weather and everything as a whole. I do read Nigerian news daily,though. I love my Country.
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 7:49am On Nov 13, 2013
I think we should be more tolerant of other people's food. Those days when my cousins from the USA came arround, they always complained that our food is this and that. One even said that garri is for animals i had to correct them. Food is food (apart from junk) my 2 kobo.
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by fedimol: 8:12am On Nov 13, 2013
Godson201333: I am missing Gaari,you still gotta miss somethings about home ,ya know!

Okoro, NA u be this?
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by akay48(m): 8:17am On Nov 13, 2013
53cur3m0d3: I miss racism...
Nigerians in diaspora!
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nweike1: 8:32am On Nov 13, 2013
chineloSA:
My MAMA, everything I can get but not my mama undecided undecided undecided
GOD BLESS YOU!
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by DECOtech(m): 8:32am On Nov 13, 2013
Rexxie:
how it do homestice,just wondering if u could throw more lite on....da dark goddess,Lola....tall? Surname sumthing Egbe...?...
does the name Lola ring a loud bell?
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by DECOtech(m): 8:32am On Nov 13, 2013
Rexxie:
does the name Lola "in Welsh" ring a loud bell?
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 13, 2013
Damn
That's too much o
Sorry.
Here 10 dollars (1,500 naira can do all that for you plus transport home)
Kpele

Richy.:
I Missed my mum Egwusi soup. I went to African shop to buy Egwusi just to feel like I was in Nigeria

1.small packet of blended Egwusi $7
2.small Bitter leave sachet $6. 50cent
3. knorr cube (maggi) $15
4 dry fish $12
5. African chicken $6
6. 5kg of garri $11
7 palm oil in little bottle of spring water) just to make it local $10
8 local goat meat $20

I invited my Nigerian friends and we had cool meal
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by homeboy232(m): 8:52am On Nov 13, 2013
am in RUSSIA, i no miss anything, after how many years for naija, i don even tire for africa food self, if the food come i go eat, if the food no come i go continue normal european food,when dem no swear for me, why i go dey eat naija food for europe again, no wonder so many naija diasporas no dey fresh if dem visit naija because dem don dey addicted to naija food.....tomato dey hear, peppe dey, i go grind am, use am prepare confirm soup with groundnut oil..malka dey here...same as SEMO...i go eat semo, sometimes rice, jollof, bread and egg, potato..so much more alternative..all dis stuff dey healthy for body....if u dey miss naija food too much, better return back to naija and continue eating EBA and AMALA.......na una sabi......

2 Likes

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by goodgood2(m): 8:59am On Nov 13, 2013
LesbianBoy: I miss the lawlessness in Nigeria jor! Unlike here in the US they are just too 'organised' angry

I also miss the low tax i pay in Nigeria. The tax is damn to high here in the US angry
Obviously, this guy never near Seme border before, let alone board a plane to Ghana.
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Ohibenemma(m): 9:05am On Nov 13, 2013
Is your marriage failing? Check here...

www.nairaland.com/1510841/marriage-failing-check
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by biafranqueen: 9:20am On Nov 13, 2013
In the Village-Shopping in the open market, the fresh scent of air dried laundry, my brilliant tailor, help with house chores, walking on the road after eating greeting neighbors, always a house full of people, big open compound where the children can play from sun up to sun down without worrying about them. Every weekend event to attend, life is never dull in the village, they really know how to make you feel like a celebrity and so important.
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 13, 2013
humblesteve:

Lol yu see am too I tink sey na only me d observe am oh...

Anyway how naija nah LOL
naija dey gbam cheesy and you how Somalia? undecided
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by OlamideGirl(f): 10:33am On Nov 13, 2013
Littlehooper: CAN U SEE IGBO PEOPLE ARE THE ONE TRAVELLING AROUND AS IF THEY DIDN'T GET HOME (COUNTRY ) N DEY ARE PRETENDING AS IF THEY ARE STUDYING OVERTHERE..
AND THEY ARE NOT STUDYING,,,, THEY ARE HUSTLING AS GATE KEEPER,.......

SOON, THEY(IGBO ) THEY WILL BE DEPORTED N THIS WILL DENT THE IMAGE OF NIGERIA.
must u bring tribalism into dis.......smh
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by davida222(m): 10:35am On Nov 13, 2013
Nothin realy, Am just Heureux am out of dat stupid contry.
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 13, 2013
I miss my first-class citizenship undecided
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by wayodude(m): 10:43am On Nov 13, 2013
abeg sorry o, but wetin be this abacha wen everybody dey miss like this? na food?? shocked
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by wrealgems: 10:43am On Nov 13, 2013
[quote author=Jide1000]I miss the feeling of community and the fact that I can walk up to a total stranger for directions without needing to hope and pray she or he is not racist.[Really?
]
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by obi123: 11:04am On Nov 13, 2013
Egba girl: cheap Food, abundant owambe parties, family, friends, easy access to tailors, buka food, snacks (boli, roasted yam and corn).

your head is there with that tailor bit

1 Like

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by wayodude(m): 11:06am On Nov 13, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
biafranqueen: In the Village-Shopping in the open market, the fresh scent of air dried laundry, my brilliant tailor, help with house chores, walking on the road after eating greeting neighbors, always a house full of people, big open compound where the children can play from sun up to sun down without worrying about them. Every weekend event to attend, life is never dull in the village, they really know how to make you feel like a celebrity and so important.

You actually did eat your neighbours when they came to visit?? shocked LoL

1 Like

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by shypapa(m): 11:14am On Nov 13, 2013
[quote author=Damojo]1) PHCN: How can u be staying in a city with constant power supply. I miss screaming 'UP NEPA' every 30mins

2) I miss the oloshos in Rita Lori, Surulere. The ones in show glasses in Amsterdam cost like 100euros per round....Dem be Nicki Minaj?

3) I miss the fact that Nigeria is the only country U sleep with N20 and wake up driving a Bentley and nobody questions U. Instead, u hear things like, 'Guy, come wash ur ride o'

grin Wasere lere gangan Rita Lori all the way
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by ChiFirstLady(f): 11:27am On Nov 13, 2013
I miss ewa aganyi and garri Ijebu,guguru and ekpa
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by onila(f): 12:06pm On Nov 13, 2013
sun
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by DECOtech(m): 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2013
1. Driving to wherever, without licenses at the cost rate of N20 per police checkpoint.
2. Lack of speed limits on the streets.
3. Non functional surveillance cams (as in Lag n Abj)
4. The lack of law n order really works to my advantage and I miss all that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 10 Longest Bridges in africa (photo) / Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport / 69 Nigerians Arrive Nigeria From Lebanon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.