Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1892) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5957539 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1889) (1890) (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) (1895) ... (2842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:27am On Jul 07, 2019
klhazhik:

grin grin
Swears...
Ah hold my screen up overnight, staring at that beauty, wondering where it come out from...
Nigeria, we will get there...
Hope to see Innoson products(civilian) competing with top manufacturers like Ford, Benz, Kia and the likes, someday
abi...we are getting there...

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 07, 2019
Some of the other vehicles inducted.

NADCEL 2019

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 07, 2019
Nigerian army light reconnaissance vehicle armed with a 12.7mm HMG

IPV-2

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 07, 2019
Nigerian army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 07, 2019
Nigerian Defence Industry

Bullet proof vest and helmet.

As was seen during the 2019 fire capability exercise of the Nigerian army, this bullet proof vests can stop rounds fired at point blank range.

Nigeria currently has 6 companies producing different types of bullet proof vests and military fabric.

The Nigerian army ordered 10,000 units from NMT, Oshogbo.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2019
Henry240:
Nigerian army light reconnaissance vehicle armed with a 12.7mm HMG

IPV-2
I really hope this particular one finds success like the IPV-1. The other strike vehicle might need adjustment in the hood area and also the seat at the back sides.

Meanwhile, TVC aired a doccie titled NAF Terror War -Fix, Strike,Win. One striking part was when I saw the number of equipment committed for medevac of soldiers that encountered IEDs.
1 EC135
1 King Air
1 Alpha Jet
I wish we'd get Mi-17s, Helos are highly needed

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2019
Odunayaw:
I really hope this particular one finds success like the IPV-1. The other strike vehicle might need adjustment in the hood area and also the seat at the back sides.

This is the General Dynamics Flyer 72 used by US special forces, you can see it bears a lot of resemblance with NA medium tactical patrol vehicle.

Central driver sitting, with infantry men sitting on each side, at the back and a central gunner station.

NA Medium Tactical Patrol Vehicle is also similar in layout, but larger. This design allows the vehicle carry more men, while the driver concentrates on driving.

In fact the layout in the NA vehicle is even more legit. It can carry 4 soldiers in a ready to fire sitting position at the back and 3 soldiers including the driver in front.

On the NA vehicle, there's still an option to carry 4 additional soldiers in the rear, although I would think, that should be reserved for supplies.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 07, 2019
Odunayaw:

Meanwhile, TVC aired a doccie titled NAF Terror War -Fix, Strike,Win. One striking part was when I saw the number of equipment committed for medevac of soldiers that encountered IEDs.
1 EC135
1 King Air
1 Alpha Jet
I wish we'd get Mi-17s, Helos are highly needed

I'm sure IPV-2 would find good success. It reminds me of the Hornet RDRV.

We need lots of MI-17s to be honest.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 07, 2019
Plaque showing the correct names and actual vehicles been produced by the Nigerian army vehicle manufacturing company.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidex111: 2:49pm On Jul 07, 2019
Henry240:

This is the General Dynamics Flyer 72 used by US special forces, you can see it bears a lot of resemblance with NA medium tactical patrol vehicle.

Central driver sitting, with infantry men sitting on each side, at the back and a central gunner station.

NA Medium Tactical Patrol Vehicle is also similar in layout, but larger. This design allows the vehicle carry more men, while the driver concentrates on driving.

In fact the layout in the NA vehicle is even more legit. It can carry 4 soldiers in a ready to fire sitting position at the back and 3 soldiers including the driver in front.

On the NA vehicle, there's still an option to carry 4 additional soldiers in the rear, although I would think, that should be reserved for supplies.

Nice research mate...0 wink

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:51pm On Jul 07, 2019
Henry240:

oboi you know almost every rapid deployment vehicle fa!

Salient points

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidex111: 2:52pm On Jul 07, 2019
Henry240:
Seeing this vehicle is legitimately one of the happiest moments of my life.

The progress Nigeria has made in building a nonexistent defence industry before 2013, to this. cry cry

My God!!!!

We can do it.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2019
Odunayaw:

Salient points

Yeah, almost unimaginable considering how much he hated unarmoured special forces vehicles a few years ago. grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 07, 2019
bidex111:

grin grin grin
Man, where you go hide when we dey cook this ARA MRAP soup now?

grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 07, 2019
Odunayaw:

Salient points
I have seen alot of these vehicles.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 07, 2019
shadowprimezero:

Yeah, almost unimaginable considering how much he hated unarmoured special forces vehicles a few years ago. grin
grin grin grin

Opinions change when Nigeria is involved.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 07, 2019
T 62 renovated loccaly this days . algerian army

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 07, 2019
NADCEL 2019

Nigerian built helmets

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 8:48pm On Jul 07, 2019
Very impressed with pics released over the last couple of days.
That Proforce apc looks incredible!
I hope we could add a swing arm gunner to the other front passenger side of the SF vehicle for extra firepower...

I think the way the hardwares are built are from lessons learnt on the battlefield.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2019
Algerian1:
T 62 renovated loccaly this days . algerian army

the Israelis dealt with this in the 6day war

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 07, 2019
Another vehicle with the same design concept as the Nigerian Tactical Patrol Vehicle.

Dutch DMV Patrol Vehicle

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 9:23pm On Jul 07, 2019
A beauty

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 07, 2019
MiddleDimension:

the Israelis dealt with this in the 6day war

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by oyinpr(m): 9:55pm On Jul 07, 2019
Cannonleo:
A beauty
beauty and the Beast!
So still nothing tangible from the army aviation boys??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ocelot2006(m): 11:22pm On Jul 07, 2019
Cannonleo:
A beauty

Now THIS is nice.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ocelot2006(m): 11:25pm On Jul 07, 2019
Henry240:
Proforce Defence ARA MRAP

Place orders for the Army NOW
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 07, 2019
It's been a delight posting these past weeks. I particularly enjoyed posting the photos of the new ARA MRAP. cheesy cheesy

I'll be taking a break from Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 10:05am On Jul 08, 2019
Cannonleo:
A beauty

Seriously is thos stuff made in nigeria.WOWOWOWWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOW. lol when i compare with what Ghanians made lol.hahahahahaha looks like day and night. Big of to the Nigerian Defence

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 5:00pm On Jul 08, 2019
The most important aspect of armoured warfare isn't necessarily a working APS but field maintenance specifically changing the treads,which IIRC have a max life of 1500 km roughly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFm4OxoTUCQ

Interesting to see how even the maintenance heavy M1A1 doesn't need a garage for the job!

Human loader vs auto loader and the trade offs. Rough ground and space are issues for the former though he can provide extra security during duty rotation-its almost like the interior of an old KBS at evening rush hour! The rounds can't be changed out once loaded and must first be shot out and the auto loading mechanism can fail. Also a loader can lose a hand if snagged in an auto loader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOg0AQeI_sw
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 5:17pm On Jul 09, 2019
These SSS guys carry arms so?

Henry240:
Nigerian special forces vehicle

The VP of Nigeria enjoying the high quality of Nigerian engineering.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 09, 2019
Henry240:
Nigerian special forces vehicle

The VP of Nigeria enjoying the high quality of Nigerian engineering.

"High quality of Nigerian Engineering"......maybe in a parallel universe.

Anyone who has ever worked with welding and sheet metal can tell you what's immediately wrong in that pic.
Stop being so impressed with nonsense. This is a rushed piece of junk.

The ARA on the other hand looks good.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stephandeswardt: 9:10pm On Jul 09, 2019

"High quality of Nigerian Engineering"......maybe in a parallel universe.

Anyone who has ever worked with welding and sheet metal can tell you what's immediately wrong in that pic.
Stop being so impressed with nonsense. This is a rushed piece of junk.

The ARA on the other hand looks good.

They will soon come for you, that you ain't patriotic, they love packaging and surface value too much on here

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1889) (1890) (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) (1895) ... (2842) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: slimthugchimee2(m), amen2seye, kabe1 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.