Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5994017 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:40am On Aug 07, 2015
Henry240:
Frumentius, also attached are photos of a Nigerian Navy Ship, Nigerian Navy Tug boat ( 3rd such delivered to the Nigerian Navy), Nigerian ballistics and tactical webbing and Nigerian made Night-Vision goggles.

So, the willful ignorance you displayed in your allusion that Nigeria moans, kveks, and buys in doggy deals is rather very unfortunate and a complete distortion and fabrication of the facts.

Here are the facts, we have and will continue to build and deploy Nigerian made systems as well as systems from abroad in all our military efforts.

It might be too much to ask you to retract your poorly informed/ignorant comment, but I'll let it slide.

Where did he say Nigeria?

Wow, you seem to have a serious sensitivity!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:09am On Aug 07, 2015
jln115:

Yes I know its been improved through out the years, I specifically provided the rang and penetration of the original ZT3 ingwe not the ZT3A2 ingwe.

As for your other statement: Iraqi EC635 Stand Alone Weapon System, Ingwe contract concluded
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40159:iraqi-ec635-stand-alone-weapon-system-ingwe-contract-concluded&catid=124:military-helicopters&Itemid=282
you copy pasted that info from Wikipedia,which i must say you ridicued as having false info and shouldn't be trusted https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZT3_Ingwe now your rumours about selling ingwe's to iraq was even being told as way as January.no proof has being found

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 07, 2015
i dont know why african countries buy SA considering you never bother with africa issues,at least china,america and Europe are at the fore front

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 07, 2015
a sudanese soldier inside a T-55 tank

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 07, 2015
Nigeria COIN

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 07, 2015
sudan army BMP-1 IFV

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 07, 2015
South-Africa

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 8:36am On Aug 07, 2015
africaken:
ingwe is a copy of Israel MAPAT ,which is also a copy of TOW ATGM.Nothing unique in concept with the rest of ATGM's in the world tandem warhead
It is not. They're totally different systems.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 8:43am On Aug 07, 2015
africaken:
i dont know why african countries buy SA considering you never bother with africa issues,at least china,america and Europe are at the fore front
That's false.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 07, 2015
Uganda army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 07, 2015
MikeCZAR:
That's false.

except for congo where else are you contributing ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 07, 2015
Henry240:
Nigeria COIN

Frumentius, here are more modifications done to Nigerian Army Armoured Vehicles ( Streit MK 3, IGIRIGI APC and Panhard VBL), in actual fact we aren't moaning.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 07, 2015
uganda soldiers in mogandishu

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 07, 2015
uganda soldiers rebuilding roads in somalia

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 07, 2015
uganda troops helping rebuild somalia

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 07, 2015
Ethiopia troops Somalia deployment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTqO-aBnZOY
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 07, 2015
uganda troops arrival at Aden Adde International Airport,mogandishu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRVNw1zdAMo&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVwS08GFUls
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 07, 2015
uganda army armour in somalia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGzWGpLad4U

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 07, 2015
uganda troops on the offensive against alshabaab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC5uE55agrE
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 10:34am On Aug 07, 2015
africaken:
you copy pasted that info from Wikipedia,which i must say you ridicued as having false info and shouldn't be trusted https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZT3_Ingwe now your rumours about selling ingwe's to iraq was even being told as way as January.no proof has being found

Dude, consult SIPRI

The deal is done and confirmed - and they are not the only foreign nation whom has placed a large order

Why does it get you so butthurt?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 10:35am On Aug 07, 2015
africaken:

What the actual fvck is this comment?

Just on every level... What the fvck
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by xwolverine: 10:35am On Aug 07, 2015
Nigerian army now field Aeryon SkyRanger platform actively

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 10:38am On Aug 07, 2015
africaken:
except for congo where else are you contributing ?

Sudan, Mozambique etc etc

Who is it that forced the UN FIB into existance?

Who was it that is pushing the ACRIC formation through the AU?

Who is the only country that is now fully compliant with the guidelines for the Continental standby force?

Dude, just stop
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 07, 2015
Henry240:

The Instagram page i sourced the video from had a combat air-drop caption to it, including the video of the MRLS firing, hence my caption.

As such it is impossible to conclude that they are infact same video since the original source of the video hasn't changed it's caption/ clarified. So requiring i change the caption seems premature don't you think?

It's the same video and I don't know why you're so defensive. After all, you're not the one who wrongly captioned it, are you?

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 07, 2015
patches689:

Dude, consult SIPRI

The deal is done and confirmed - and they are not the only foreign nation whom has placed a large order

Why does it get you so butthurt?
how are you supposed to launch ingwe a beam rider on iraq EC635 which dont have FLIR pods

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by nighthawk87: 11:03am On Aug 07, 2015
xwolverine:
Nigerian army now field Aeryon SkyRanger platform actively

Do you know since when they field test it ? I've seen this product at a military show in Thailand, very impressive.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 07, 2015
Henry240:

I see there is a tactic, subtle jab at Nigeria in your comment. Truth is, I prefer you not mask it.

You reached that conclusion all by yourself mate. If the shoe fits and all that.

For the record, my reference to inferior products at inflated prices in dodgy deals was to the DRC, where I've spent time seeing the evidence with my own eyes. Go back over my posts and you'll see my lamentations of this abysmal state of affairs, especially because all that kit was acquired at the same time both DRC and Namibia were responding to the effects of sanctions.

Secondly, I don't need to mask anything when it comes to Nigeria. Your procurement process is a shambles and in serious need of a fix. Not my place to suggest how you go about that, as I concern myself only with SADC.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 07, 2015
africaken:
how are you supposed to launch ingwe a beam rider on iraq EC635 which dont have FLIR pods

Spare yourself some embarrassment mate and google "EC635 SAWS". That means Stand-Alone Weapons System, by the way. In the meantime, I'll help you along by listing the components:
1) FN Herstal HMP–400 12.7 mm machine gun;
2) Nexter NC-621 20mm cannon;
3) FZ-233 70 mm rockets (guided rockets optional);
4) Denel’s Ingwe anti-tank missile; and
5) a choice of sensors (FLIR, TV, HUD, HMSD).

Pic 1: Iraqi EC635 being tested in Dunauworth in germany; and

Pic 2: Tests in South Africa.

Both pics from the Iraqi Armed Forces Forum(and check the date!).

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 07, 2015
africaken:
Actually I didn't quote Wikipedia at all mate!! here are a few sources that support my claims:http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12910:fact-file-denel-dynamics-zt3-ingwe-precision-guided-missile&catid=79:fact-files&Itemid=159

http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product2101.html

AND YES!! Iraq did acquire the ingwe for their EC635: Iraqi EC635 Stand Alone Weapon System, Ingwe contract concluded
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40159:iraqi-ec635-stand-alone-weapon-system-ingwe-contract-concluded&catid=124:military-helicopters&Itemid=282

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 07, 2015
frumentius:

Spare yourself some embarrassment mate and google "EC635 SAWS". That means Stand-Alone Weapons System, by the way. In the meantime, I'll help you along by listing the components:

then show me one iraq EC635 with even just a FLIR pod in iraq
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:55am On Aug 07, 2015
africaken:

then show me one iraq EC635 with even just a FLIR pod in iraq

Dude, it has been confirmed by multiple sources!

What is your problem today?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:56am On Aug 07, 2015
frumentius:

.... damn that is one sexy platform, some real fire-power!

Would be nice to see it in SANDF colors

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: alexvic12 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.