Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (861) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5985278 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:18pm On Dec 29, 2016
Patchesagain:

No, it's Pakistani

Hence it has a different name and is sold by a different company
JF17 is a Joint project between the Chinese and Pakistani. Without appropriate confirmation, you can't say who's product it is.

The technology used are mostly Chinese and according to the normal standard Chinese law products belongs to the Chinese except OEM /ODM/CM agreement says otherwise.

Conclusion, you can't say whose product it is without an official confirmation.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 3:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
tdayof:

Can't be integrated into a handheld radio.

Lol bro, seems you're also a fan of motivational videos .
please can you explain why its not possible, because 2way vhf radios have a range of 100miles.

I hate motivational videos ,am not a fan of it
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nigerian navy NNS Karaduwa

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
AU troops in the CAR

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
Patchesagain:

Apples and oranges

Do you think Chinese companies would let Pakistan make money off their IP for fun?

It's not Chinese. Deal with it.

ever heard of these words

1.TOT
2.LICENSE ASSEMBLY (CKD/SKD)
3.LOCALIZATION / CUSTOMIZATION
4.JOINT DEVELOPMENT
etc

and ROYALTIES / LICENSE FEE for the matter

u want me to post pics of IL76 unloading CKD kits of JF17 at kamra airbase

where did 99% the flight testing of all the JF 17 prototypes happen ?
why r all the prototypes of JF17 flying in china first at avic flight test centers ?
why is the 2 seater JF17 being tested in china ?

where did all the toolings and jigs arrive from for production to start ?

5-8 countries or so r capable enough to design and manufacture toolings for productionization of aircrafts on their own.

JF 17 was not inducted by PLAAF, then Chengdu Aircraft Corporation offered it to PAF , who agreed on the condition that they will be allowed to license manufacture, later joint manufacture it via joint development/customization etc suited to their present and future needs in block format.

now via TOT 58% of the aircraft parts are made in Pakistan and 42% are made in China. (some in other countries like engine , EW systems , ejector seats etc )

china holds all the IPRs of the JF17 , without Chinese consent they cant export a bolt/nut of JF17 .

to build a fight plane of ur own (even with foreign input) u need to have a vast military industrial complex / top of the line research centers / educational institutes , test facilities and billions of dollar .

google weather the country in concern has the above, then u will realize the truth

and finally to license assembly with 100% local made products via TOT/joint development most of the countries will do it, nothing big about it provided u keep paying the license fee / royalty regularly (if required via agreement).

u can also export it if the OEM (IP holder) issues u clearance (no objection certificate) provided u pay the license fee / royalty as applicable to the OEM . sometimes the OEM might not ask for the license fee / royalty, as everything boils down to the agreement clauses/details signed between the two.

( if i was a Nigerian i would have asked the Chinese (original IP holders ) together with their partners to allow me license assembly in Nigeria with progressive Nigerian customization/ upgrades. that's my personal view/way to kick start local aviation industry because there r no short cuts and also to save foreign exchange and promote local talent/industry and get the most out of the platform in tune with nigerian airforce intrinsic operational needs )

south korea did it with F16 and F15 (license assembly / customization )

india did it with SU 30 MKI (license assembly / customization )

japan did it with F16 and F15 (license assembly / customization )

etc
etc

really i am surprised at the ignorance level here

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nigerian army Bigfoot MRAP

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
Patchesagain:

1. Still confirmation bias, he hasn't handled anything else to compare it to. If you had been driving a 30 year old beetle you would think a 20 year old VW polo was just fine

2. PKM is a GPMG not a SAW, RPD and RPK are 7.62 SAWs both are obsolete.

3. Accurized FALs are only a stop-gap solution. Most military grade FALs get an M.O.A of 3, at best, (realistically we are talking 6) their bolt assemblys are too tight, free-floating the barrel doesn't help because of the piston and then there is the fact that most barrels have had thousands of rounds through them - they will never be tight enough for accuracy. To truly accurized it you would have to have a skilled gunsmith spend hours and hours on each individual gun.
someone who has had training in at Sandhurst ,isreal Pakistan and Belarus has not handled anything else ! haaaa.....I know he won't come and argue with you.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xer0: 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2016
Although i am only an observer here, it pains me to see some ignoramus crying more than the bereaved
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nigerian navy SBS

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nigerdeltaboi:
someone who has had training in at Sandhurst ,isreal Pakistan and Belarus has not handled anything else ! haaaa.....I know he won't come and argue with you.

He usually drops his common sense where ever and goes on a tantrum, arguing blindly and ignorantly with confidence.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 6:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
Henry240:

He usually drops his common sense where ever and goes on a tantrum, arguing blindly and ignorantly with confidence.

na dat one taya me pass bros.

that someone can be so confidently ignorant
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2016
Senegal military CN235-220M Multi Purpose Aircraft Starts.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by AgentGoat: 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2016
Henry240:

No ideas bro.

Please can you give me pictures of Nigerian army ranks commissioned officers only
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nigerian navy SOF

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
AgentGoat:

Please can you give me pictures of Nigerian army ranks commissioned officers only

I don't have them bro.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 29, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
Nigerian navy SOF

Nice. Isn't this guy from the Airforce, that guy that used to comment on your page?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
Henry240:

Nice. Isn't this guy from the Airforce, that guy that used to comment on your page?

Nah this is a completely different guy I don't know this one, what Air Force guy are you talking about though
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by AgentGoat: 8:52pm On Dec 29, 2016
Henry240:

I don't have them bro.
ok

Let me describe what I see.

It's three star ***.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 9:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
Why is some one complaining about a. FN FAL as a DMR. It a great choice it accurate and long ranged slap on a scope, long barrel and bipod good to go. The US have used M14s in Afghanistan so i dont see age as a issue.

The Fal is still used to this day by the sandf. Border partrols typcaly have one in case of wild life being a issue and they used in the Congo speciol forces use them allong with the G3

There is all so nothing wrong with russian GPMGs and LMGs even when used in a SAW role. Rember tge SANDF does not have a SAW in serves and there use would go against our doctrine in any case.

It the AK47 that out dated not PKMs. A machine gun needs to fire a high rate of fire, dependable at a good range. Hell the FG42 from ww2 if chamberd in 7.26mm would still do the job a SAW the brits where fighing in the falklands with Bren guns and that basic desgine predated ww2. Age does not make some thing obsolete being suparsed does not even make some thing obsolete. No longer haveing a role does. To offten thing are seen as obsolete discared then brought back in to serves. America dumped the recoiles rifles because tge TOW was the new tank killer then the broght them back since shooting a ATGM at a hut to kill a sniper is costly and recoils rifle can do the same job cheaper.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 9:11pm On Dec 29, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
Nigerian navy SOF

That rifle camo is ment for where? Seems very bright. Camo is typcaly ment to be dull.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
andrewza:

That rifle camo is ment for where? Seems very bright. Camo is typcaly ment to be dull.
The color will fade anyways, it's paint.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 29, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
The color will fade anyways, it's paint.
Are they the ones who customise the rifles themselves?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 29, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
AgentGoat:
ok

Let me describe what I see.
It's three star ***.

captain
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
chkil:
Algerian army para commando

[img]http://1.bp..com/-M34oAJlb8lg/Udc9id8B_WI/AAAAAAAAA84/s-b-EQARvwM/s1600/22.jpg[/img]

Para commandos as border guards is this due to terrorist activities ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2016
Henry240:

Are they the ones who customise the rifles themselves?
No clue but I doubt it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

Para commandos as border guards is this due to terrorist activities ?

the last pic was taken during the terrorist attack on a gaz facility in 2013 , it's not border but the gaz facility
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
chkil:

the last pic was taken during the terrorist attack on a gaz facility in 2013 , it's not border but the gaz facility
Ohh okay grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2016
Oldies , an SF policeman from a unit known as "the ninjas " in 90's protecting Funeral of a Christian in Basilica "Notre Dame d'afrique" in Algiers

this unit have done a lot against terrorism in 90's

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by darknetcom: 10:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by AgentGoat: 10:43pm On Dec 29, 2016
Odunayaw:
captain
cheesy

Thanks.

It's like commissioned office move faster in rank than nothing non commissioned officers?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2016
Chadian Su-25

(1) (2) (3) ... (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.