Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,656 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (59844 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
A wonderful idea n if properly harnessed would turn out to be the Turning-point for Nigerian youths. Am in! Endurance 08064286492, south-south(calabar)
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ReubenAbati: 10:24pm On Aug 18, 2013
Picomon:

what?!?! Groupon a chat app?!?! Lawd! Nigga, abi na Groupme you wan talk? Groupon na deals site ohh.

Dude, u blind? grin Or tell me you didn't read the ogogoro part

Na ogogoro cause am. I meant GroupMe

Thanks.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 18, 2013
Good pressure group!

I suggest we follow this page: The Nigerian Entrepreneur www.facebook.com/ngentrepreneur

AIM:
The Nigerian Entrepreneur seeks to help the average Nigerian undergraduate and graduate change his or her typical belief system and start developing skills early enough to add value to himself/herself and the system.

Goodluck fellas!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by THEJOURNALIST: 10:24pm On Aug 18, 2013
Although am alredy employed, I do want to put my 2cents to dis group, atleast I av frnds dat are unemployed(Ezekiel, representing Asaba, south-south 08106779778)
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
omo we plenty o! why not name the org Letskillunemployment.org
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by livebullet(m): 10:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
...in my own humble view bringing people together who are experiencing the same problem is a good one but i want to first appeal if the name could be changed. Because will our focus just be on the unemployment issue? I think an association which covers a broader goal will be more useful. I mean we should be focusng on issues on how to challenge corruption and bad leadership which is d primary cause of this unemployment...and if we must focus on Unemployment strictly. it is not enough to sit inside the comfort of our bedrooms and punch our laptops and devices(like i am guilty of ryt now)just to post some few letters on a social media page. We have to make the impact of our message felt. We have to cry out loud! What about organising peaceful and well coordinated protests, what about speaking straight to our leaders, to our "high and mighties" since we are by destiny's conferment,future custodians of this great nation. let me awaken our cognizance here; If we do not correct this menance that is ridding this nation of its best minds now, our unborn children will be the innocent victims of our silence. The children of the fat bellied elites who currently rob us of our rights will still in the future rob our descendants of this same rights... We have no other country to call home. All we have was all our fathers handed down to us; a nation wit great but misused potentials. If we must form ourselves into a union, then let us realise that a the union's purpose is only justified if nothing but patriotic motives are the reasons we converge.... well, this just the thought of a true Nigerian. Count me in

3 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by camaro(m): 10:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
I'm in representing southeast abia state 08082545077. Text msgs pls
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kliverpool(m): 10:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
The only way we can demand our right as youth is to back any party that is ready to tackle the issue of unemployment. How are to know the party?let study all the party Manifesto and come out with one voice who to vote for.the youth are the majority let's use that to our advantage like any other country with high youth population.we can put up our demand for any party to adopt as Manifesto. Cos all the major parties seems not to have any thing they stand for.let's forget enthnic and religion polittics. The first thing I am suggesting is nationalizing all the oil bloc. 2 death penalty for any body that steal or mismange money up to 5m.over to others
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by AmeerahFKI(f): 10:30pm On Aug 18, 2013
I'm in
Nana (kaduna)
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kemtol(f): 10:32pm On Aug 18, 2013
Its a good initiative, I suggest it shoud be done in each state.my bb pin is 287E19F4. From lagos

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Bmart(m): 10:34pm On Aug 18, 2013
Am in let's do this
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by tayooluwole: 10:34pm On Aug 18, 2013
splendiferous idea.... Tayo representing southwest(osun)...08134811425...
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by niyiguy(m): 10:34pm On Aug 18, 2013
Am 100% in for a change, let revolutionise. Twitter handle: SteadynReady
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by chukwuinya: 10:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
yea we can do it if only we are united,am in 07035397536 chukwudi,Ebonyi
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by jechona(m): 10:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
Richard N. South south 08057770824
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Picomon(m): 10:37pm On Aug 18, 2013
Reuben.Abati:

Dude, u blind? grin Or tell me you didn't read the ogogoro part

Na ogogoro cause am. I meant GroupMe

Thanks.

Oga, u neva sip ur ogogoro wen u write am.. Well, I no go vex.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by arkonpoint: 10:40pm On Aug 18, 2013
I'm in also... let's create a whatsapp group, Hammed from ibadan
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Picomon(m): 10:40pm On Aug 18, 2013
To y'all who r in nid of a job, May God provide a great job for you. I feel your pain mehn!

But pls try and learn one other skill. e.g. Graphics design, programming, tailoring, photograpghy etc. Guess this might help.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by amba03: 10:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
2ru-talk:
Leaders of this great association will not have any looting channel as the membership is likely going to be made up of "cashless" grin individuals.
ah no talk so o! Them go soon begin pay annual dues.imagine if about 20million persons pay 1000 as annual dues.the leaders and finance houses don become paddies be that.my brothers pls wake up and refuse to be unemployed.I graduated in 2005 and have always worked for myself,not like I didn't apply for jobs,but I had to sustain myself,otherwise alarm for tear me.how I did it?I downloaded materials and trial software on web design
, and the rest is history.though I still apply for lecturing jobs o cos I did msc and on a phd now
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by olabode89(m): 10:42pm On Aug 18, 2013
Afam4eva:
I have another job. Do you?

Sometimes u act like a toddler, hope u are not under-employed.

Kindly grow some brain cells.

Learn when to shut d f-up.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by JingoOAU(m): 10:43pm On Aug 18, 2013
The suggestions I have are these...
Some people should help create a functional and working website where everybody can have access to

Gradually, d date should be set where every member should meet at a designated place per state, and pictures should be taken to create an awareness

From the meeting, a set date should be mooted where every member would come out enmase per state and march straight to states government houses, this should be done with a roundneck and the name of the organisation pasted on the shirt....

State executives should be nominated, who will act as delegates per state and meet the national assembly to submit our grievances.

Failure to meet these grievances will later herald a national protest to aso rock....it seems am kinda ambitious?

Am adeola from ikeja,....totally in

3 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Valstresser: 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2013
Patrick okechukwu S/E Ebonyi 08036893401
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Wylout: 10:48pm On Aug 18, 2013
i'm open to ideas but i was thinking if every unemployed or underemployed could drop their qualifications on a secure database where only employers can reach them.

Would that make a difference?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]USMAN MOH'D ISA north central (NASARAWA) 08171493015
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 18, 2013
Jingo-OAU:
The suggestions I have are these...
Some people should help create a functional and working website where everybody can have access to

Gradually, d date should be set where every member should meet at a designated place per state, and pictures should be taken to create an awareness

From the meeting, a set date should be mooted where every member would come out enmase per state and march straight to states government houses, this should be done with a roundneck and the name of the organisation pasted on the shirt....

State executives should be nominated, who will act as delegates per state and meet the national assembly to submit our grievances.

Failure to meet these grievances will later herald a national protest to aso rock....it seems am kinda ambitious?

Am adeola from ikeja,....totally in

You are right, The aim and objective of the association should be very clear for us to see... I see lots of desperate peeps here dropping contacts, It's not a good one as you may just be a victim of scam, its a pub forum. A website, group on facebook, and other social site will help, not this number thingy.. I hope it works though .. Enough is Enough!!!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Valstresser: 10:54pm On Aug 18, 2013
Patrick Okechukwu S/E Ebonyi 08036893401
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 18, 2013
IMHO the name should not be changed.... We shouldn't deceive ourselves .. UNEMPLOYMENT IS UNEMPLOYMENT NO OTHER NAME TO IT
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Sandroustim: 10:56pm On Aug 18, 2013
Nice one.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kelvin1191(m): 10:56pm On Aug 18, 2013
In the nearest future, i see Nigerian youth taking their destiny into their own hands. I see a nation where the youth will be involved in decision making both @ the 3 tiers of govt. but before that dream can be achieved, if not averted, am seeing a revolution that will be greater than what we are experiencing in Egypt now. When d Engineers, Scientist, Doctors, Lawyers, Technichians, Technologist etc combine force to fight the govt, it will be a formidable force. The govt should act now by providing jobs or grants to our graduate or . . . . . .
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by maronih: 10:57pm On Aug 18, 2013
ehixking: Bees,ants and many other social insects despite the size of their brains,come together to build up hills for shelter,to store up food when its abundant for the next season because of the uncertainty in weather conditions or in case of famine!!

Truck drivers,mechanics,pepper grinders,market women and less educated entrepreneur also have their associations. They come together and look for ways forward!!they think ahead and avert any thing they think might be an obstruction in their various endeavors. So why can we as graduate come together to solve these problems!!

Let's use our brains to solve our own problems. The government is not ready to carter for us.
Nigeria youths are not lazy and not violent. During the Fuel subsidy crises I was in ibadan when old men were trying to protest youth were sleeping inside but during the time for recruitment by National population commission the crowd was so much that a fight broke out. This is just to show you how ready we are to work.
There was a time the senate where debating on paying jobless youth if there was an association like these an sure we would have done something about it..
Joblessness in Nigeria is terrible and the statistics is Huge

If u have any idea on how to go about these paste your views and opinion here or
send me an email to ehixking@gmail.com
And to the management and crew of naira land and especially the "boss" seun osewa can help us publicize this!!
This is a very wonderful way to solve The general problem of this Nation the time as come finaly, Yes when u see The people rising up to the challenges the solution is sure.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by maronih: 10:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
ehixking: Bees,ants and many other social insects despite the size of their brains,come together to build up hills for shelter,to store up food when its abundant for the next season because of the uncertainty in weather conditions or in case of famine!!

Truck drivers,mechanics,pepper grinders,market women and less educated entrepreneur also have their associations. They come together and look for ways forward!!they think ahead and avert any thing they think might be an obstruction in their various endeavors. So why can we as graduate come together to solve these problems!!

Let's use our brains to solve our own problems. The government is not ready to carter for us.
Nigeria youths are not lazy and not violent. During the Fuel subsidy crises I was in ibadan when old men were trying to protest youth were sleeping inside but during the time for recruitment by National population commission the crowd was so much that a fight broke out. This is just to show you how ready we are to work.
There was a time the senate where debating on paying jobless youth if there was an association like these an sure we would have done something about it..
Joblessness in Nigeria is terrible and the statistics is Huge

If u have any idea on how to go about these paste your views and opinion here or
send me an email to ehixking@gmail.com
And to the management and crew of naira land and especially the "boss" seun osewa can help us publicize this!!
This is a very wonderful way to solve The general problem of this Nation the time as come finaly, Yes when u see The people rising up to the challenges the solution is sure. Mayor (south west)
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by bravetentewa(m): 10:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
clun:

I like that too. Lets do it.
I also suggest that the members should represent the 6 geo political zones so as to have impact in all the states of the federation.

It sure would be a simultaneous process....however ℓ̊ concur with the fact that the idea NAUG is actually not a good name as people who gain employment should also be given room for membership Hence, giving them further chances of contributing there own quota to the development and growth of the body.....

However it is worthy of note that the association should not be political...(Except a situation whr one of its members indicates interest for a public office).there is need to spell its aims and objectives, zonal leaders, state leaders etc...
Since the say That youths are leaders of 2mao....its bettr we take our 2mao today.....a stitch in time saves 9.

Believe this could be a way forward for our youths...

One Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Police Officer, Uju Okeke Promoted Today. Shares Photos / Parade By Boys Of Nigerian Military School Zaria Goes Viral / Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.