Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,575 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (59841 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by nneh1(f): 11:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
I'm in 08183556030
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by maronih: 11:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
This is a very wonderful way to solve The
general problem of this Nation the time as come
finaly, Yes when u see The people rising up to
the challenges the solution is sure. Mayor (south
west)
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Sammiel: 11:02pm On Aug 18, 2013
kliverpool: The only way we can demand our right as youth is to back any party that is ready to tackle the issue of unemployment. How are to know the party?let study all the party Manifesto and come out with one voice who to vote for.the youth are the majority let's use that to our advantage like any other country with high youth population.we can put up our demand for any party to adopt as Manifesto. Cos all the major parties seems not to have any thing they stand for.let's forget enthnic and religion polittics. The first thing I am suggesting is nationalizing all the oil bloc. 2 death penalty for any body that steal or mismange money up to 5m.over to others
Your have a good point here but they won't understand it!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by livebullet(m): 11:03pm On Aug 18, 2013
somebody once said unemployment is a keg of gun powder... we pray the explosion isnt violent. God bless nigeria
When i look into our desperate faces I see a determined people who yearn for but lack a strong and charismatic leader to lead a popular march!

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kolokolobi(m): 11:04pm On Aug 18, 2013
This is intersting...I'm not sure how it pans out but is it a pressure group...it looks transient since employment status isn't permanent and therefore members drop off when they gain employment. On another note guys look for a need to provide a benefit and you get paid for it. Being unemployed can be a state of the mind..you can choose to shake off that tag by sitting down to think..look for a need...
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ik4life: 11:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
Ikenna anambra 07060630379
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
Though an undergraduate, but my fingers fully crossed and in full support of this noble course. Thumb up guys!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by dadamuyiwa: 11:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
grin grin grin @OP: Do you mean Nigeria Association of UnemployABLE Graduate (NAUG) or simply, Jobless Graduate (JG) . It's a good one, government will have a channel of paying the monthly wages they promise Jobless Graduate. Lest I 4gt, I won b una treasurer.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Temmydec: 11:25pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dis could be a way forward for our country. Starting with a website will not be a bad idea,it will be platform for anybody that is interested.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by JingoOAU(m): 11:25pm On Aug 18, 2013
Hopefully, the website should be created dis week. And every other things needed should be put in place so that everybody can go and register with.

If we wouldn't allow complacency, the fire should keep burning with the same passion and zeal we are using to vent our anger now. Let's hurry in our thousands to change our lives and environment cos this is the time.

The people in-charge should create this platform ASAP
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by dadamuyiwa: 11:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
grin grin grin @OP: Do you mean Nigeria Association of UnemployABLE Graduates (NAUG) or simply, Jobless Graduates (JG) . It's a good one, government will have a channel of paying the monthly wages they promise Jobless Graduates. Lest I 4gt, I won b una treasurer.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by boxiposhags: 11:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
obas01: Fully supported frm Lagos lez form facebook, N'land and bb group to share idea on way forward, mind u there ar sum political dogs who ar here to counter dis effort so .. Watch dem !! If u don't stand nobody will sand for u.
Wale , Lagos. 08053345516.
Bb group will be cool add me up to the group 3302CF9A
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kunlebal(m): 11:32pm On Aug 18, 2013
Am in, kunle(lagos state)
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 18, 2013
I will publicize this on my bbm, what's app, facebook and twitter. Linkedin and instagram
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by boxiposhags: 11:39pm On Aug 18, 2013
Whatsapp group will also help reach out to those who are not on bbm 07088978942 08105721002. Am in
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by bumdish: 11:40pm On Aug 18, 2013
aitoehigie: [url]gowork.ng[/url]
Excellent idea you've got there!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by toluls(m): 11:40pm On Aug 18, 2013
Quite funny the way Nigerian youths reason. (National Association Of
Unemployed Graduates(NAUG)) lol!
Question1: Does anybody owe you a job?
Question2: As a graduate, you must have passed through the NYSC programme. Do you mean you didn't learn anything from the skill acquisition training and daily lectures?
Its funny, coz unemployment is a state of mind. I am pretty sure that if you sleep tonight and wake up tomorrow morning with a mind set to leave these funny group and make your life better, you will.
Nobody owes you a job O°˚˚˚ º°˚˚°ºoo.. Its left to you to look around you and identify the things you can do, with what you have and from where you are. Its not until you have 100k or more before you can do something meaningful. Just be creative, find a need and fill it.
I wish you guyz all the best.

PS: Although an association of young Nigerians pushing for a better environment for us all to be gainfully employed and operate effectively will be a very good idea. It's sickening seeing undergraduates and youth corpers already planning to join the "National Association Of
Unemployed Graduates(NAUG)" Please change that name, gosh!

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Gentlechinok(m): 11:43pm On Aug 18, 2013
ehixking: This turn out is not really encouraging....since these issue affects almost all nigeria we need people to endevour to join....please anything worth doing at all is worth doing well and NOW

I love this innovative idea...Am in...|Chinonso|07062688849|Anambra|South East|
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by unilorin: 11:47pm On Aug 18, 2013
Yeah...jide/lagos/08055110332...addme up
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by judeff: 11:52pm On Aug 18, 2013
Iam from North central 07030874251 fully an ambassador of change
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by initialize(m): 11:55pm On Aug 18, 2013
Nice one guys, presently doing NYSC @ Ibadan. I'm totally in.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by sunvick(m): 11:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
I

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by realteflon(m): 12:07am On Aug 19, 2013
livebullet: ...in my own humble view bringing people together who are experiencing the same problem is a good one but i want to first appeal if the name could be changed. Because will our focus just be on the unemployment issue? I think an association which covers a broader goal will be more useful. I mean we should be focusng on issues on how to challenge corruption and bad leadership which is d primary cause of this unemployment...and if we must focus on Unemployment strictly. it is not enough to sit inside the comfort of our bedrooms and punch our laptops and devices(like i am guilty of ryt now)just to post some few letters on a social media page. We have to make the impact of our message felt. We have to cry out loud! What about organising peaceful and well coordinated protests, what about speaking straight to our leaders, to our "high and mighties" since we are by destiny's conferment,future custodians of this great nation. let me awaken our cognizance here; If we do not correct this menance that is ridding this nation of its best minds now, our unborn children will be the innocent victims of our silence. The children of the fat bellied elites who currently rob us of our rights will still in the future rob our descendants of this same rights... We have no other country to call home. All we have was all our fathers handed down to us; a nation wit great but misused potentials. If we must form ourselves into a union, then let us realise that a the union's purpose is only justified if nothing but patriotic motives are the reasons we converge.... well, this just the thought of a true Nigerian. Count me in
1,000,000 likes. This is what I have been shout here. Peaceful protest. That s the only way our voice can be heard
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Xfemt(m): 12:10am On Aug 19, 2013
Am interested nd I can help from d south south region I reside in delta state nd dis ma nomba 08065500452 or email me Femiregha@gmail.com or facebook Ayoregha Davidson Tobore... luv to support dis idea
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by aesculapius(m): 12:12am On Aug 19, 2013
if na revolution, am fully in hook, line and sinker
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Tiana155(f): 12:19am On Aug 19, 2013
I'm in full support. Lagos. Email: oguguo_amaka@yahoo.com
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Oxytocin712: 12:20am On Aug 19, 2013
Uncle D, Southwest fully supported.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Anniettieufia(m): 12:22am On Aug 19, 2013
Where would the Headquaters going to be sitted?

it is a good idea,
memorandum needed.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by yame014: 12:33am On Aug 19, 2013
rman: What will be the aim and objectives?

Being unemployed isn't the problem with most unemployed graduates, limiting themselves by seeking only paid employment is the problem. There is so much to be done in our immediate environment that no one with a university education should be unemployed. And yes, if you think something is been done already, repackage it with better service delivery.

Come together to share ideas but not to seek sympathy.

Thank u bro...'let's use our brains to solve our own problems. The government is not ready to carter for us'-@Ehixking...
Our leaders know that massive industrialization is a sure way to reducing unemployment in Nig. but how can we be an industrialised nation if the power sector is nothing to write home about? Pressurizing d govt will only make some people feed fat on d association...let's share ideas and if possible, solicit for sponsors through this forum...
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by greggng: 12:36am On Aug 19, 2013
I must thank the originator of this idea. The moment we set up this, then we will be incharge of receiving any fund meant for youth skill acquisitions. Organise work shops and seminars and ensure all menbers re registered and properly documented in our data base.we will elect executives that will run the affairs of this association. If even someone gets a job!he can become an alumna of the associate . The aims and objective of this association is to draw govt attention to our plight. When we start and we re organise some good spirited individuals and companies my come to our aid as a way of coporate social responsibility
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by yame014: 12:36am On Aug 19, 2013
rman: What will be the aim and objectives?

Being unemployed isn't the problem with most unemployed graduates, limiting themselves by seeking only paid employment is the problem. There is so much to be done in our immediate environment that no one with a university education should be unemployed. And yes, if you think something is been done already, repackage it with better service delivery.

Come together to share ideas but not to seek sympathy.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by eazylifer(m): 12:38am On Aug 19, 2013
I think the course is noble, but, am really afraid of Nigerians. I'm afraid of saboteurs and traitors...anyway, coming together is the begining, staying together is progress, working together is success. I pledge my support not only for employment but for the redressing of all anormalities in Nigeria. Nigeria is ours...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Police Officer, Uju Okeke Promoted Today. Shares Photos / Parade By Boys Of Nigerian Military School Zaria Goes Viral / Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.