Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets (8451 Views)

Wukari: Corps Litter Streets As Jukun Militia Goes On Rampage, Houses Torched / Fresh Crisis Looms In Rivers Amaechi Hold LG Polls On May 23, PDP Against Move / Celebration In Imo As Rochas Emerges The Winner Of Governorship Election(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by cupid4ig(m): 2:59pm On Aug 12, 2013
Kayusfity: ABEG WHO SABI ASHAWO JOINT FOR IYANA IPAJA?? THIS KONJI WAN KEE ME AND I NO WAN R.A.PE MAKE ANGRY MOB NO BURN ME ABEG WHO SABI ASHAWO JOINT FOR IYANA IPAJA?? THIS KONJI WAN KEE ME AND I NO WAN R.A.PE MAKE ANGRY MOB NO BURN ME
it seems this is ur new way of showing ur stupidity to the world. Posting this in every thread. I keep wondering why the moderators dont hide this type of useless comments smh
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by miqos02(m): 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2013
today is monday
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by cupid4ig(m): 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2013
redsun: This is what nigeria is known for,it is not just aba.Nigerians everywhere in the country find it normal living in filths like pigs.When you think people living in slums like orile,oshodi,ajegunleikotu,portharcort,kano,you get goose pimples.
if i may ask where do u live?
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 12, 2013
ejifranks: It is True yesss it is true....My darling Imo state has turned to a waste dump....yes it is true

Chai, you dey wash the people's governor...
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 12, 2013
l
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by redsun(m): 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2013
cupid4ig: if i may ask where do u live?

Filth of any kind makes me sick.Even if i was a destitute in nigeria i won't live in filth.
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by ba7man(m): 3:08pm On Aug 12, 2013
redsun: This is what nigeria is known for,it is not just aba.Nigerians everywhere in the country find it normal living in filths like pigs.When you think people living in slums like orile,oshodi,ajegunleikotu,portharcort,kano,you get goose pimples.
Your head is stuck in the 1990's. When last have u seen those locations.

1 Like

Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 12, 2013
I cant stay in dirty or noisy environment.

Why i marked lagos, aba, onitsha, portharcourt ...ZERO...
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by Abagworo(m): 3:09pm On Aug 12, 2013

Nothing justifies filth. The report is however a sponsored blackmail. There was general sanitation on 3rd of August which caused accumulation of gathered refuse which too entraco 2 days to clear and these people went to snap pictures to lie to the public. Anyone in Owerri should go snap those same spots at the moment and show us.

By the way the whole instances were almost from one particular area which is around Douglas road and Eke Onuwa market. The streets mentioned are within 100m radius in old Owerri market.

1 Like

Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:09pm On Aug 12, 2013
I thought Nigeria community has changed from it primitive time of living in a filths like pigs to modern community. If Oshodi, Ajegunle and Orile change, why cant Aba follow the same suit? This was the reason Fashola picked those pigs from Lagos and sent them to where they belong. This guys should all go back home and beautify their home
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by collynzo2(m): 3:10pm On Aug 12, 2013
Ama Hausa is the only place I am sure of amongst all those places listed. We are yet to hear of Imo state govt locking up the place and forcing the Hausa traders to clean up the place. We know what some tribalists somewhere would have done.

1 Like

Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by collynzo2(m): 3:11pm On Aug 12, 2013
okpara ugo: I cant stay in dirty or noisy environment.

Why i marked lagos, aba, onitsha, portharcourt ...ZERO...
when did you last visit port harcourt? Don't embarrass yourself please.
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 12, 2013

TRUE. its a sad reality, most of the time it is not even about the government but the people themselves.

if you try to make them live right they will hate you for it.
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by redsun(m): 3:18pm On Aug 12, 2013
grin grin

It actually looks like a badly taken picture by a yoraba miscreant to diss aba.Don't let the posters name deceive you.

It is a nigerian problem and it is something all of us should be ashamed of for allowing to happen.We should all play our part in keeping our environments clean,orderly and habitable.It tells a lot about how we think and our subconsciousness..

Abagworo:

Nothing justifies filth. The report is however a sponsored blackmail. There was general sanitation on 3rd of August which caused accumulation of gathered refuse which too entraco 2 days to clear and these people went to snap pictures to lie to the public. Anyone in Owerri should go snap those same spots at the moment and show us.

By the way the whole instances were almost from one particular area which is around Douglas road and Eke Onuwa market. The streets mentioned are within 100m radius in old Owerri market.

2 Likes

Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by ejifranks(m): 3:34pm On Aug 12, 2013
ejifranks: It is True yesss it is true....My darling Imo state has turned to a waste dump....yes it is true

okpara ugo:

Chai, you dey wash the people's governor...
grin grin grin grin

BROS NA SO DEM DEY ALWAYS TALK AM FOR OREINT TV OWERRI ....IN NKIRUKA SLYVANUS' VOICE.... grin grin grin grin
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by bakynes(m): 3:35pm On Aug 12, 2013
redsun: grin grin

It actually looks like a badly taken picture by a yoraba miscreant to diss aba.Don't let the posters name deceive you.

It is a nigerian problem and it is something all of us should be ashamed of for allowing to happen.We should all play our part in keeping our environments clean,orderly and habitable.It tells a lot about how we think and our subconsciousness..

What makes you think the OP is Yoruba,guy stop all this unnecessary hate.Last week I was passing by Onitsha. Coming from PH and d heap of refuse pouring down on d road was embarrasing with pple trying to pick up somethings.I think its a general Nigerian problem anyway bt Lagos is fast cleaning up her streets u can hardly see such in Lagos nowadays. For those mentioning Lagos, may b its bin ages u came to lagos nt when Lawma and d PSP guys are everywhere.
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by ochejoseph(m): 3:42pm On Aug 12, 2013
Still in Imo on Leave the whole Drainages are filled with sand and rubbish ,from Amakohia to wethdral fro douglas to amahausa the story is thesame abandoned projects uncompleted roundabout for 2 years litter the place I once liked their Gov but he has really disappointed me ?

2 Likes

Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by slimghost(m): 3:46pm On Aug 12, 2013
bakynes:

What makes you think the OP is Yoruba,guy stop all this unnecessary hate.Last week I was passing by Onitsha. Coming from PH and d heap of refuse pouring down on d road was embarrasing with pple trying to pick up somethings.I think its a general Nigerian problem anyway bt Lagos is fast cleaning up her streets u can hardly see such in Lagos nowadays. For those mentioning Lagos, may b its bin ages u came to lagos nt when Lawma and d PSP guys are everywhere.

Bunch of BS!!!!
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 12, 2013
EYA APC DON SHOW FOR IGBOLAND
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by makky(f): 3:56pm On Aug 12, 2013

TaaaaaAAAA Nee Onugi mechie there before I land u one ogbonge slap online wey go make u buy new phone sharp sharp cos am sure u even borrowed d phone to type this trash.... I wonder the gutter u live in.... NONSENSICALITY :/
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by anonimi: 3:57pm On Aug 12, 2013
Fitzy4real: I dunno why Imo state has been cursed with one bad governor after another.

I thought it is the RESPONSIBILITY of the people at the LGA level to take care of refuse as per the 1999 constitution.
Has that changed
Abi dem nor get LGA for the area?

When will we start LOOKING towards these LOAFERS to also do the work for which they are more than handsomely rewarded at the end of each month?
Or maybe we also do not work hard for the mopney we spend, so why bother if our PUBLIC SERVANTS at the closest level of government to the citizens are fleecing us and doing almost NOTHING as work!

Abi our mumu never do

1 Like

Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by IGBOSON1: 4:02pm On Aug 12, 2013
ochejoseph: Still in Imo on Leave the whole Drainages are filled with sand and rubbish ,from Amakohia to wethdral fro douglas to amahausa the story is thesame abandoned projects uncompleted roundabout for 2 years litter the place I once liked their Gov but he has really disappointed me ?

^^^Why don't you take pics and post latter on.....or if you have access to a car, take a short tour of the problem areas. I don't like posts like these where people talk -one way or the other- on an issue that could easily be confirmed with up to date evidence!
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by prolove22(m): 4:08pm On Aug 12, 2013
APC in my mind.
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by redsun(m): 4:16pm On Aug 12, 2013
makky:

TaaaaaAAAA Nee Onugi mechie there before I land u one ogbonge slap online wey go make u buy new phone sharp sharp cos am sure u even borrowed d phone to type this trash.... I wonder the gutter u live in.... NONSENSICALITY :/

When you smell ppoo all the time,you won't know the difference between fresh smell and nauseating one anymore.Some of you are conditioned from birth to live like that,that is why you tolerate it and deny it.It is not exactly you fault,but i am telling you it could be done better.
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by laplace19(m): 4:26pm On Aug 12, 2013
Before I peruse this thread I must first of all take energy drink

Those that read it,pls narrate to me in a nut-shell,cos it's too monotonous
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by Okijajuju1(m): 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2013
But Owerri has always been a dirty city...

If you doubt me, visit this thread and see;

https://www.nairaland.com/1129089/okija-presents-owerri-pictures
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2013
Kayusfity: ABEG WHO SABI ASHAWO JOINT FOR IYANA IPAJA?? THIS KONJI WAN KEE ME AND I NO WAN R.A.PE MAKE ANGRY MOB NO BURN ME ABEG WHO SABI ASHAWO JOINT FOR IYANA IPAJA?? THIS KONJI WAN KEE ME AND I NO WAN R.A.PE MAKE ANGRY MOB NO BURN ME

Try the joint called "TotoCatchFire" its at number 13 Okogbona street behind St Lucifer's Church. Hapi Bangin Bro.
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by fluteman: 5:36pm On Aug 12, 2013
presher: EYA APC DON SHOW FOR IGBOLAND

For where....e don tey wey we know say Igbo land is one huge pile of garbage. Heck, i served in the damn place and its just an ignoble space of dirty open markets.

Its only online the dirty people beat their empty chest and continue to delude themselves.......does wey know know, and i'm sure they know it too, but they prefer to always place their heads in their asses to escape reality undecided
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by victorD3: 6:13pm On Aug 12, 2013
tspun: not just in owerri but in almost all the capital city i had been to.

Not sure you have been to Uyo or Calabar.
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2013
victorD3:

Not sure you have been to Uyo or Calabar.

There's a myth around the cleanliness of calabar, to a large extent, calabar is like every other city in the country except that it is not densely populated like most capital cities, and the clean area is limited to major roads in one LGA (calabar municipality) when you enter the streets and get to calabar south,the story change completely.

when pictures of calabar is shown on electronic media, they always make it seem as if obudu cattle ranch is part of calabar which is false, obudu is a good 6 hours away from calabar.

what we need is a change in mindset as nigerians, most nigerians do not care about their surrounding, my advice is for everyone to start with their personal space.

1 Like

Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by motherofpearl: 6:35pm On Aug 12, 2013
Calabar remains clean and green...its in us!
Re: Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets by ketoprofen(m): 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2013
Bobby4090: Thats one of the dividends of switching to APC...to make Owerri as dirty as Lagos.

no be small thing o. Na d same Rochas use him mouth talk say Pdp dey disappoint. No problem at all ! Its probably true.

But y did he not continue Ohakim's ( PDP) Clean and Green Initiative? Or is cleanliness a PDP thing?

Misplacement of priorities has become Rochas second skin.

The millions spent to build Freedom square( for venting of anger) and other yellow elephant projects should have been channeled to sth as necessary as sanitation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Profiling The 179 Communities In Anambra State. / Court Summons AGF, EFCC Over Yari’s Property / Court Dismisses Suit Challenging Buhari’s Appointment Of 21 Judges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.