Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? (10499 Views)

To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by larryburton: 10:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
Mintayo:
Wait,are u serious? You mean d bible didnt not talked abt how man was created...smh@ur ignorance...
I believe u r one of doz muslims that listen to d LIES ur imam feed u! Pls tell me how islam talk abt how u will live ur life after death? That all muslims l 1st go to hell? That ur good deeds l b measured against ur bad deeds bfore ur god rescue u?How r u sure ur good deeds surpases ur bad 1s?what happen to all d muslims dt v died centuries now?They r in hell waiting for allah's judgement day right? May God help u.

so hilarious,sombody said modern biology test book is better dn ur quran,i think he is right!
Again,i always said dt there is nothing spiritual abt ur quran,no power,no prophecy,no miracle,everything is fleshy,physical...imagine what u r using 2 weigh a book dt is suppose 2b from God?smh...
Wait,d same quran dt says Jesus talked when he was a baby? Or dt human has 7 intestines? Or that yawning is a sin? I bet d writer o ur quran didnt knw dt yawning is a REFLEX ACTION!
May God help you.

like i said,u v not read d Bible @all bt relying on d LIES u v been told.
All d above is in the Bible if u seach very well.
Wait,what does d quran says abt marriage?That u cn marry 4wives? And ur prphet married his adopted son's wife unlawfully?And even engage in temporary marriage,no? Raising kids n ur prophet married an underage kid was approved by ur god!
Guy u nid ur eyes of understanding to b opened,seriously!

yes now,u r one nw,and shia and sunni r killing themselves all over? What abt ahmadiyyas,r dey muslims? Even in ur 'cave',we c tbaba/vexacool sunni 'heating' it out with lagoshia...and u r one?Wait do u knw dt shia's quran is quite diff from dt of sunni?
Do u see any pentecostal blowing up catholic or methodist church?
Guy wakeup to d truth please!
ignorance again...open the bible and u will c God's stands on homosexuals!

tell that to tbaba who said Jesus did not die or resurrected...or ur brothers dt says Jesus isnotLord or Saviour! Or bokoharam dt blew up churches!

Oga stop sending peace N blessing to Jesus,He doesn't need allah's peace,JESUS IS THE PRINCE OF PEACE,ALL RICHES,KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM IS FOUND IN JESUS!
ofcourse JESUS was born of no earthly father,hence sinless.He is the Son of Living God,the Saviour of the world and d Lord,d ONLY hope for this sinful world.
How l u say u believ in sombody n u l nt believ His own Words-dt He is Lord n saviour;bt just believ what suit ur HYPOCRISY?
If Jesus is coming indeed,though He is,dnt u think u shld give ur live to Him and accept Him,i tell u,He is not coming to declare any religion let alone islam,He is coming for His saint,d redeemed,those who havbeen saved n sanctified by His blood!
Jesus xplained dt xplicitly,take Bible n read asking Jesus to help u!

ofcourse,10k u for confirming wht we already know
christain God DON'T hav allah's attributes,He is nt a God of hate,war,murder,unjust killin,compulsion,intolerance,deciet etc.we cn all c d FRUITS of ur god all over d world today.
Christain God is a loving God,that He had to save d world from d grip of sin n satan by sending Jesus Christ!
Jesus said in John 3:16,For God so loved the World that He gave His ONLY BEGOTTEN SON,that whosoever believe in HIM shall not perish but have everlasting life.
I pray He reveal Himself to you!

then y dnt u pray using Olodumare? Or chineke,huh?
i think u shld do a litle research abt allah dt was worshiped in mecca bfore mohamed came!
Tomorow may b 2late
Peace

yes now,u r one nw,and shia and sunni r killing themselves all over? What abt ahmadiyyas,r dey muslims? Even in ur 'cave',we c tbaba/vexacool sunni 'heating' it out with lagoshia...and u r one?Wait do u knw dt shia's quran is quite diff from dt of sunni? Do u see any pentecostal blowing up catholic or methodist church?
Guy wakeup to d truth please! ignorance again...open the bible and u will c God's stands on homosexuals!
Check this out "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_apologies_made_by_Pope_John_Paul_II"
"http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2383686/Millionaire-gay-fathers-sue-Church-England-allowing-married-church.html"
"http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/religion/jan-june00/apology_3-13.html"
For the position of churches even though not all the churches accept it but some accept "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominational_positions_on_homosexuality"

like i said,u v not read d Bible @all bt relying on d LIES u v been told. All d above is in the Bible if u seach very well. Wait,what does d quran says abt marriage?That u cn marry 4wives? And ur prphet married his adopted son's wife unlawfully?And even engage in temporary marriage,no? Raising kids n ur prophet married an underage kid was approved by ur god! Guy u nid ur eyes of understanding to b opened,seriously!
You said there is evidence in the Bible, what chapter and verses. I challenge you to provide one because I want to know more.
Can you please prove an evidence about Muhammad (SAW) you quoted above. I am sure you know not what you are saying In one of the pages I read this morning, someone quoted Matthew 22:42-46 (question about who is Christ) and I went ahead to read the whole chapter where Jesus is talking to people in parable vs 1 KJV "And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said", Is it not so. I hate somebody said, but fact.
tell that to tbaba who said Jesus did not die or resurrected...or ur brothers dt says Jesus isnotLord or Saviour! Or bokoharam dt blew up churches!
Yes Jesus is not Lord/God but a highly respected Prophet (May the peace and blessing of Almighty be on him). I can't stop saying it, who am I? Yes he was born of no father, can you tell the father and mother of Adam? Can please give the mother of Eve? Tell me about death of Enoch or Moses according to Bible, like I have been saying I DON'T WANT SOMEBONE SAID. Jesus did not died nor crucified but raised to heaven and he is coming back. Boko haram is sadden issue and they are not true Muslim. They don't kill only christian, but christian surfer much. Does that mean because they bear a particular name that make the Muslim; No. Most Countries that legalized same sex marriage (homosexualism) are predominantly christian and some churches even conducted the marriage rite, this does no make all christian gay/lesbian. It is boldly forbidden in Bible and Sodom and Gomorrah were destroy because of the act during the time of Prophet Lot (PBUH). Is it not in Bible (Gen 19)? It is also in Quran and Hadith explain it further.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:50am On Aug 20, 2013
RoyPCain: it seems as if kenny4lyfe and people taking the same position with him about Jesus being the way are saying prior to Jesus, there was no way and everyone from Adam through John son of Zacharia [as] were lost along with those who followed them?

this above sums it up, unless i misunderstand the christians. if i am correct in my proposition, i will like to ask if there is any reason for God to let scores of people including Abraham, Noah, Moses [as] who the people who followed them were saved and honored instead of destroyed and humiliated, died without knowing about Jesus who performed the death ritual reluctantly? are these noble people saved when they died or it is after their death when Jesus came that the death of Jesus was saving them? why do they deserve the saving by the death of Jesus since they didnt know about it and happened after they themselves have died? did God turn back the hand of time so that these past people are saved by what happened in their future? if this is so, why Pharaoh is not included of those saved or is it by work in the past before the event and now faith because it is future after the event?

@Rexl Tag along and join the ride!

You asked a lot of questions buddy but don't worry, I'll make it plain for you!

Question 1: prior to Jesus, there was no way and everyone from Adam through John son of Zacharia [as] were lost along with those who followed them?

Question 2: i will like to ask if there is any reason for God to let scores of people including Abraham, Noah, Moses [as] who the people who followed them were saved and honored instead of destroyed and humiliated, died without knowing about Jesus who performed the death ritual reluctantly? are these noble people saved when they died or it is after their death when Jesus came that the death of Jesus was saving them?

[b]NOTE: There's no difference between your first, second and third question; and please construct your sentences correctly next time, you repeated yourself a lot!

ANSWER: The patriarchs, prophets, and kings prior to Jesus knew that a messiah is coming so, there's nothing like "they died without knowing about Jesus"
Examples: There exists a promise from God to Abraham and his Seed; the seed refers to the coming Christ {Gen. 17:7}
Isaiah spoke of the coming of Jesus and that he'll be from Jesse's (Abraham's descendant) genealogy {Isaiah 11:1-5, 9:6}
As for these men and their followers(The patriarchs, prophets, and kings) when they die they were taken by angels to Abraham's bosom {Luke 16:22}. Abraham's bosom {see Oxford bible dictionary} is one of the two compartments in the abode of the dead which is separated by a chasm. The is where the righteous goes to before Jesus Christ came! At that point when Jesus Christ gave up the ghost, the vail of the temple was torn into two and there was an earthquake and the graves were opened and "many bodies of the saints which slept arose (including the patriarchs, prophets, and kings), they came out of the grave after Jesus Christ resurrected, and they appeared unto many (not everyone but many) {Matthew 27:50-53}. And for your information: Jesus didn't gave himself reluctantly but willingly {Galatians 1:4, 2:20, Ephesians 5:25, Timothy 2:6, Timothy 2:14 }.
So my friend, The patriarchs, prophets, and kings including those who followed in their footsteps lived before Jesus but they were part of the process all along![/b]

Question 3: why do they deserve the saving by the death of Jesus since they didnt know about it and happened after they themselves have died? did God turn back the hand of time so that these past people are saved by what happened in their future?

ANSWER: Read the answer to the previous questions again!

Question 4: if this is so, why Pharaoh is not included of those saved or is it by work in the past before the event and now faith because it is future after the event?

ANSWER: Pharaoh does not believe in God, he is an enemy of God and His people! Every man is responsible for their actions and decisions and he (The Pharaoh) chose to be against God. You are either for God or against Him, there's no middle ground! Non of the unrighteous men even before Jesus will make heaven because of the path they chose to tread. Jesus Christ did came to save the whole of mankind but non of the unrighteous ones who doesn't believe in Him will receive eternal life {John 3:16}. That is plain and simple!
Indeed "many are called but few are chosen" {Matthew 22:14}.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 12:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
tbaba1234: Evidence 3b

The denial of Peter

It is recorded in the gospels that peter, a disciple of Jesus denied him '3 times' after he was arrested. The story starts from the night, Jesus was arrested. The four gospels agree that Jesus ate a last. meal with the disciples. Matthew, Mark, and Luke portray this meal as being the Passover meal, while John portrays it as being the day prior to the Passover. (Shepherd MH (1971). Page 722.)

The Heroic Peter

According to the bible, when Jesus was arrested, Peter took a sword and attacked the arresting crowd.

He had to have known that his act of heroism would lead to his immediate death, yet he was more than willing to sacrifice his life in his desperate attempt to save Jesus.

He was able to get in one strike and cut off the ear of Malchus, the slave of the high priest. Jesus is said to have stopped the fight (In luke, he is said to have healed the ear). Jesus surrendered himself and the disciples fled into the night.

Cowardly Peter

Brave Peter is said to have followed Jesus at apparent great risk. What happens next is very interesting.

The authors of the four canonical gospels would have the reader believe that Peter did a complete about-face. They would have the reader believe that the heroic Peter, who had single-handedly attacked the Roman legionnaires and Temple police, and who had risked his life in even following Jesus into the outer courtyard, had suddenly become a coward, because he three times denied any association with Jesus before the cock crowed that morning.

The exact wordings of Peter are vital in this regard. Could it be that peter was simply telling the truth? So let us see what peter denied:

Mathew (Matthew 26:69-75.)

Mathew l A: You were with Jesus the Galilean.
D: I do not know what you are talking about.

Mt2 A: This man was with Jesus of Nazareth.
D: I do not know the man.

Mt3 A: You are one of them, for your accent betrays you.
D:I do not know the man.

Luke (Luke 22:55-62.)

Ll A: This man also was with him.
D:I do not know him.

L2 A: You also are one of them.
D:Man, I am not.

L3 A: This man also was with him.
D:I do not know what you are talking about.

Mark (Mark 14:66-72.)

Ml A: You were with Jesus from Nazareth.
D:I do not know what you are talking about.

M2 A: This man is one of them.
D:But again he denied it.

M3 A: You are one of them; for you are a Galilean.
D:I do not know this man.

John (John 18:17-18,25-27.)

JI A: You are one of this man's disciples.
D: I am not.

12 A: You are one of his disciples.
D: Iamnot.

13 A: Did I not see you in the garden with him.
D: Peter denied it.

On a side note, the four canonical gospels agreed that peter made denials but they do not seem to agree on what the accusations were.

Peter is simply stating "I do not know this man", where "this man" may not be Jesus Christ. We will see why.

Luke and John present a united front, Peter is denying knowledge of the man being interrogated. What if that man were not Jesus Christ? In that case, Peter's denials are totally truthful.

We do not have to deal with the bewildering contradiction of a man who singlehandedly wanted to fight Roman soldiers and Temple police, indicating bravery and faith to a coward who denies him just in a few hours later.

The denials in Mark and mathew are far more interesting because they provide us with proof that peter was just saying the truth afterall.

Phrases as "Jesus the Galilean", "Jesus of Nazareth", and "Jesus, the man from Nazareth" in Mathew and Mark are quite significant and important, particularly if you look at it in the context of first century Palestine.

The superficial reader of the bible equates "Galilean" with "a man from the geographical area of Galilee", which the Bible indicates Jesus Christ was. Likewise, most such readers equate "Nazareth" with a town in Galilee, which the Bible indicates was the town, in which Jesus Christ was raised. However, both of these terms had radically alternative meanings during the first half of the first century CE.

So let's travel back to the first century.

This man tbaba234 'no get sense' !
tbaba please forgive me for using the above phrase.I don't always go through ur write up becos i already know that it lacks truth and filled with mistakes and contradictions ! See what you put up above to support ur claim that it wasn't Jesus that was crucified.Some times you guys (muslims)say it was the simon of cyrene at another time you said it was judas iscariot.But now i am very convinced that it was none of the two mentioned above but most 'definitely'muhammed the man who introduced the demi god a,llah to the muslims !
Now to the Christians,see below scriptures as omitted by tbaba the plagiarist in his attempt to debunk the truth as said by Jesus:Below is to show you the conversation between Jesus and Peter before HE (Jesus)was taken:
John 13:33-38''My children, I will be with you only a little longer. You will look for me, and just as I told the Jews, so I tell you now: Where I am going, you cannot come.
34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
36 Simon Peter asked him, “Lord, where are you going?”
Jesus replied, “Where I am going, you cannot follow now, but you will follow later.”
37 Peter asked, “Lord, why can’t I follow you now? I will lay down my life for you.
38 Then Jesus answered, “Will you really lay down your life for me?"[color=#990000]Truly I say to you, that this very night, before a rooster crows twice, you yourself will deny Me three times."
From the above scripture we have seen that Christ said to peter that he will deny HIM(Jesus)three times ! If Christ said this to peter,how then will tbaba think it wasn't Jesus that Christ denied but muhammed ?or could it be judas iscariot that Christ said peter will disown?
Okay to conclude that it was Christ peter actually denied and not mohammed,judas iscariot or the cyrene as claimed by the muslims and their apocryphal book.
See below how peter felt after the denial of Jesus,the crowing of the cock and peter's realization that he(peter)has fulfilled the earlier stated words of Jesus:
Mathew 26:69-75''69 Now Peter was sitting outside in the courtyard, and a female slave came up to him and said, “You also were with Jesus the Galilean.” 70 But he denied it in the presence of them all, saying, “I do not know what you mean!” 71 And when he went out to the gateway, another female slave saw him and said to those who were there, “This man was with Jesus the Nazarene.” 72 And again he denied it with an oath, “I do not know the man!” 73 And after a little while those who were standing there came up and said to Peter, “You really are one of them also, because even your accent reveals who you are.” 74 Then he began to curse and to swear with an oath, “I do not know the man!” And immediately a rooster crowed. 75 And Peter remembered the statement Jesus had said, “Before the rooster crows, you will deny me three times,” and he went outside and wept bitterly.
For peter to have wept bitterly,does that not tell us that peter realized that he lied that he never knew Jesus and that he has disappointed his 'friend' Jesus ?According to tbaba234,he wept becos he realized that he said the truth afterall it was not Jesus that was captured but muhammed ! grin

You tbaba the defender of the muslims god also talked about whether Jesus is a Galilean,Nazarene or what have you ?But i tell you that you can call HIM what ever you like but HE forever remains who HE is!
See below the question HE asked HIS disciples regarding what people like you say HE is:
Mathew 16:13-17
When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?”
14 “Well,” they replied, “some say John the Baptist, some say Elijah, and others say Jeremiah or one of the other prophets.” (insertion please like the muslims say)
15 Then he asked them, “But who do you say I am?”
16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah,the Son of the living God.
17 Jesus replied, “You are blessed, Simon son of John,because my Father in heaven has revealed this to you. You did not learn this from any human being.''

If i take my time to go through all those ur error infested posts,i will expose you real good.But the reason i will not do that now is becos i have to pay some bills there by using myu time for something productive and not to engage in idling away trying debunk ur lies which had been settled long time ago !
God will arrest you soon. And you will most definitely work with Christ !

God help us

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by larryburton: 4:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
Ken4Christ: We seem to have deviated from the original question Is the the Christian God and Muslim God One. From most of the post I have read, most of us agree that they cannot be the same God. The question I think should follow is - Which God is the true God and which one is impersonating?

You know a tree by it's fruit. The man who spearheaded Islam - Mohamed clearly revealed the kind of God he is proclaiming.First he lived a very immoral life. He married a total of 16 wives, had two concubines and four lovers.

Here are their names;

Muhammad's 22 Women:
Muhammad's 16 Wives:
1. Khadija 2. Sawda 3. Aesha 4. Omm Salama
5. Halsa 6. Zaynab (of Jahsh) 7. Jowayriyi 8. Omm Habiba
9. Safiya 10. Maymuna (of Hareth) 11. Fatema 12. Hend
13. Asma (of Saba) 14. Zaynab (of Khozayma) 15. Habla 16. Asma (of Noman)
Muhammad's 2 concubines/slaves:
1. Mary (the Christian)
2. Rayhana
Muhammad's 4 devoted followers who who "gave" themselves to satisfy Muhammad's sexual desires.
1. Omm Sharik
2. Maymuna
3. Zaynab (a third one)
4. Khawla
Zaynab of Jahsh was originally Muhammad's adopted son Zaid's wife. The fact that Muhammad took her for himself has been problematic to many people, Muslims included. (God does not break His Own Word and He never changes His mind. Now read Sura 33:36-38).

The very life of Mohammed reveals the God he is proclaiming.

In contrast, Jesus who laid the foundation for the Church lived a sinless life.

If Mohammed is truly sent by God, he should bring hope of salvation to his followers. His statement he made in the Qur'an point to the fact that his followers are hopeless. He himself is not sure of his own destiny.
I am no bringer of new-fangled doctrine among the messengers, nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I follow but that which is revealed to me by inspiration; I am but a Warner open and clear."Sura 46 verse 9

In contrast, Jesus was sure of where he came from and where his followers will go. There is hope of salvation in Christ.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. (John 14:1-3)

Lastly, Mohammed is dead but Jesus is alive forevermore.

Let no man deceive you. "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (1 Timothy 2:5)

Judge for yourself, which God is the true God and which one is impersonating?

Must you lied to prove a point.
Could you please provide the source of your information about Mohammad (SAW) as you have provide the same from the Bible. Do not just quote but read the story from the begin and check the explanation on internet. Nigerians are so bias when it comes to issue that they are involve. That is why the country is not progressing.
Why don't you take it as an opportunity to learn and know better be it your Bible or Quran rather than accepting what they have been feeding you with. This has giving me opportunity to read and learn more.
Remember, Thou shall not tell lies. Hear saying may make you a liar.
Deuteronomy 5:20 - Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbour. also in Exodus 20:16
John 14:15 - If ye love me, keep my commandments. Are you sure you are not lying?
Remember your book of God enjoy you to search for the truth

3 Likes

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by larryburton: 5:22pm On Aug 20, 2013
waldigit :
In addition to the above let this be known to our muslim brothers and others in the house that we belief in the bible not because of what is written therein but because of the evidence of what is written therein. The taste of the pudding is the eating thereof. I am actually on my kneels as I am typing this, surrender your life to Jesus Christ. Don't mind the christians or anybody that has been discouraging you.This may be the last chance. There is no big deal I struggle against this truth for long myself, but the bitter truth is you just can't do anything against the TRUTH.The evidence of the Lordship of Jesus Christ is too overwhelming to deny. Bikon, dwhala,ejoo, I beg u.

Nice. But make your prayer with sincere and open mind. May God guide us aright; amin.
Pray for God guidance without bias mind. I believe He is Merciful and will surely guide whoever seek for His guidance.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by larryburton: 5:33pm On Aug 20, 2013
Enigma: Let me make a little fun of the tbaba234 fellow again before letting the copy and paste battle to continue. As I said, his plagiarism will not go unnoticed --- insha Allah!

OK: when he manages to write in his own words, his English often lacks smoothness and contains ibons smiley e.g. in his earlier posts you will see him refer ungrammatically to "evidences" etc and in his latest post you will see something like: "The author case was built on quick sand and an anti-islam sentiment rather than objectivity".

Yet in his latest post you can easily tell when he is lifting and plagiarising:

Examples:

Compare from where he again lifted/plagiarised the line and its quote: http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/18/ (and possibly elsewhere)

Copied verbatim again from http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/19/ (and possibly elsewhere)

In summary it seems tbaba234 is incapable of composing a post of argument without plagiarising ---- not even mere copy and paste which many people do ---- but actual plagiarism. All he does is form a few sentences of his own with ibons and juxtapose other people's work into his post to make them look like his writing.

Disgraceful!

Even when it is not pointed out tbaba234's plagiarism will not go unnoticed --- insha Allah! smiley

So oya, let the copy and paste battle recommence! grin

There is difference between plagiarism and citation. What he did is citation.
"Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "purloining and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions," and the representation of them as one's own original work." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism.
Will you call this one plagiarism, open your eyes and see that it is a quote and you have the source there to look up.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Enigma(m): 5:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
^^^ You don't know what you are talking about.

OK here is your test:

1. google 'jerald dirks refuted'
2. take from your result and come and post here using "citation" just like tbaba234 your champion (the plagiarist)

wink
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by larryburton: 6:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ You don't know what you are talking about.

OK here is your test:

1. google 'jerald dirks refuted'
2. take from your result and come and post here using "citation" just like tbaba234 your champion (the plagiarist)

wink

Ok. I am in Google what do you want me to get from "jerald dirks refuted"? Could please narrow the search down for me; I beg. I like intellectual argument and no insult please.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Enigma(m): 6:47pm On Aug 20, 2013
I have already outlined the task in simple enough terms!

OK, you should see a link (even more than one) with arguments refuting Mr tbaba's plagiarised work.

Take some of the arguments and present them here, using tbaba's style that you call "citation".

In other words, "citation" versus "citation". wink
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 20, 2013
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 1:44am On Aug 21, 2013
@kenny4lyfe;

before the bosom of Abraham was ever created, Noah had died. Enoch died even before Noah. Adam died first. Where are these people? are they also in the bosom of their much junior Abraham? where were they after death before Abraham was born and was given any covenant or promise and honoring his bosom for those that died later? i am asking you to tell me about those who died before his bosom ever became important. It is because of people like you i repeat myself, over and again.

if merely believing in God that matters, then muslims and jews and all theists dont have to worry. the jews will be alright and it will irrelevant to believe Jesus and hanging him is inconsequential. but belief alone without obedience to God and doing good work as much as within ability and struggling to avoid evil for His Pleasure does not get everyone to the good Grace of God. it is The Grace of God that matters. and you cant get it by your 'believing in God' and nothing else.

to me you started out ocky and you turned my question to 3 parts and at the end you answered 4 parts. go back and regroup and maybe then you will know that Jesus was only relevant in his time, not before and not when another prophet [sa] came on the scene as messenger and prophet of God for all peoples.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 1:57am On Aug 21, 2013
@m.k.o.2005; your proving trinity with 'spirit of God moving above water' is not an evidence and spirit of God is not God just angel of God is not God or prophet of God is not God.

God is God and His spirit, angel and prophet are creations and are errant entities. And just because some one called Jesus son of the living God is not an evidence since jews say they are children of God in their arrogance. Jesus overwhelming let us know that he is a servant slave messenger and prophet sent to his folks.

finally the 3 huts or tabernacles are not evidence because the One with Power Who lifted him is the Same One Who let Moses and Elijah be what they were and Only He is God. God does not depend on any or worships while Jesus did both and his Support was all from God.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 10:09am On Aug 21, 2013
RoyPCain: @m.k.o.2005; your proving trinity with 'spirit of God moving above water' is not an evidence and spirit of God is not God just angel of God is not God or prophet of God is not God.

God is God and His spirit, angel and prophet are creations and are errant entities. And just because some one called Jesus son of the living God is not an evidence since jews say they are children of God in their arrogance. Jesus overwhelming let us know that he is a servant slave messenger and prophet sent to his folks.

finally the 3 huts or tabernacles are not evidence because the One with Power Who lifted him is the Same One Who let Moses and Elijah be what they were and Only He is God. God does not depend on any or worships while Jesus did both and his Support was all from God.
Mr roypcain,good morning to you,how was ur night ?
Let me give you a little intro of the person[/b]of the holy spirit as HE is the same in God and Jesus ! I know you are not a christian but some others might be touched by the power of the holy spirit ! :

Matt. 28:19, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, [b]baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,"

1 Cor. 12:4-6, "Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. 6And there are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons."
2 Cor. 13:14, "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all."
Eph. 4:4-7, "There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; 5[b]one Lord[/b], one faith, one baptism, 6[b]one God and Father[/b] of all who is over all and through all and in all. 7But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift."
1 Pet. 1:2, "according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, that you may obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: May grace and peace be yours in fullest measure."
Jude 20-21, "But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith; praying in the Holy Spirit; 21keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life."
You can learn something from the above.But if you didn't,no be my fault as still leave you to the holy spirit for conviction and convincing wink
See below how this three who (is) monotheistic in nature but polytheistic in works :
There is, apparently, a subordination within the Trinity in regard to order but not substance or essence. We can see that the Father is first, the Son is second, and the Holy Spirit is third. The Father is not begotten, but the Son is (John 3:16)''For God so loved the world,[a] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.''
The Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father (John 15:26)“But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me..Even this same 'guy'holy spirit wey Jesus send,tbaba and the rest say na muhammed grin i laugh so tey i wan fall from chair!
The Father sent the Son (1 John 4:10)''In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins''.
The Son and the Father send the Holy Spirit (John 14:26;''But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.'' John 15:26)''But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.''
Now see below of the works of the father using this three personalities i.e God the father'Jesus the son & the holy spirit of God :
The Father creates(Isaiah 44:24)Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer,who formed you from the womb:“I am the Lord,who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself''
The Son redeems (Gal. 3:13 ''Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”—)
The Holy Spirit sanctifies (Rom. 15:16).to be a minister of Christ Jesus [/b]to the Gentiles in the priestly service of [b]the gospel of God, so that the offering of the Gentiles may be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
From the above,you will see clearly that the spirit,son and God are inseparable ! This Shows you folks that God isn't two,neither is he three but ONE who wroughts HIS works using HIS personalities i.e HIS spoken word-Jesus. Your word is you. HIS spirit.Because the spirit of a being can not be called the angel of the being or any other but the being HIMSELF!
THE SPIRIT OF GOD IS GOD HIMSELF working in us as a spirit !
See below scriptures may be it will again help u to see that the spirit of God is not angel Gabriel or Michael but God HIMSELF becos they work together,in different ministries but to achieve same goal !
Hebrews 9:14'' how much more will athe blood of Christ, who through 1bthe eternal Spirit coffered Himself without blemish to God, dcleanse 2your conscience from edead works to serve fthe living God?
Luke 1:35''The angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called t[b]he Son of God[/b].''
From the above,we can as well see what that messenger(Angel Gabriel) came to do ! You can as well see again how the holy spirit achieved the work of the MOST HIGH concerning HIS SON-JESUS !
1 Corinthians 12:11''But one and the same Spirit works all these things, adistributing to each one individually just as He wills. It is one spirit man;GOD the father,HIS SON and the spirit is one !
Romans 15:30''Now I urge you, brethren, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in your prayers to God for me'' Na wao,see how this spirit and the son including the father take be just one !
Acts 13 :12''While they were ministering to the Lord [/b]and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “[b]Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” Wonderful work and instructions of God through HIS spirit !No prophet or Angel can claim THEY called anyone to do anything,rather that God has said or asked them to do but we hear Jesus always and even the holy spirit saying they(2 in one GOD)have called people to do certain things !
Mathew 1:18''Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: when His mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together s[b]he was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit[/b].'' The angel's power never came on the mother of Jesus BUT the power of God did-HOLY SPIRIT!
Mathew 3:16''After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him''
Luke 4:1''Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led around by the Spirit in the wilderness''-Jesus wasn't lead around by one prophet or one Angel,but by the spirit of God !Even angels worship Jesus !
Luke 4:14'And Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about Him spread through all the surrounding district.'' The spirit has always bein with Christ becos na the instruction wey the father give am !Glory be to God that Christ eventually sent this spirit of HIS father to us !
Make i stop here so that them go fit publish this post.
God help us

2 Likes

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 10:10am On Aug 21, 2013
RoyPCain: @m.k.o.2005; your proving trinity with 'spirit of God moving above water' is not an evidence and spirit of God is not God just angel of God is not God or prophet of God is not God.

See below in piece meal !
Mr roypcain,good morning to you,how was ur night ?
Let me give you a little intro of the person[/b]of the holy spirit as HE is the same in God and Jesus ! I know you are not a christian but some others might be touched by the power of the holy spirit ! :

Matt. 28:19, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,"
1 Cor. 12:4-6, "Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. 6And there are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons."
2 Cor. 13:14, "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all."
Eph. 4:4-7, "There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; 5[b]one Lord
, one faith, one baptism, 6[b]one God and Father[/b] of all who is over all and through all and in all. 7But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift."
1 Pet. 1:2, "according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, that you may obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: May grace and peace be yours in fullest measure."
Jude 20-21, "But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith; praying in the Holy Spirit; 21keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life."
You can learn something from the above.But if you didn't,no be my fault as still leave you to the holy spirit for conviction and convincing wink
See below how this three who (is) monotheistic in nature but polytheistic in works :
There is, apparently, a subordination within the Trinity in regard to order but not substance or essence. We can see that the Father is first, the Son is second, and the Holy Spirit is third. The Father is not begotten, but the Son is (John 3:16)''For God so loved the world,[a] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.''
The Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father (John 15:26)“But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me..Even this same 'guy'holy spirit wey Jesus send,tbaba and the rest say na muhammed grin i laugh so tey i wan fall from chair!
God help us
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 10:11am On Aug 21, 2013

See below:
The Father sent the Son (1 John 4:10)''In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins''.
The Son and the Father send the Holy Spirit (John 14:26;''But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.'' John 15:26)''But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.''
Now see below of the works of the father using this three personalities i.e God the father'Jesus the son & the holy spirit of God :
The Father creates(Isaiah 44:24)Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer,who formed you from the womb:“I am the Lord,who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself''
The Son redeems (Gal. 3:13 ''Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”—)

God help us
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 10:12am On Aug 21, 2013

See the conclusion below:
The Holy Spirit sanctifies (Rom. 15:16).to be a minister of Christ Jesus [/b]to the Gentiles in the priestly service of [b]the gospel of God, so that the offering of the Gentiles may be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
From the above,you will see clearly that the spirit,son and God are inseparable ! This Shows you folks that God isn't two,neither is he three but ONE who wroughts HIS works using HIS personalities i.e HIS spoken word-Jesus. Your word is you. HIS spirit.Because the spirit of a being can not be called the angel of the being or any other but the being HIMSELF!
THE SPIRIT OF GOD IS GOD HIMSELF working in us as a spirit !
See below scriptures may be it will again help u to see that the spirit of God is not angel Gabriel or Michael but God HIMSELF becos they work together,in different ministries but to achieve same goal !
Hebrews 9:14'' how much more will athe blood of Christ, who through 1bthe eternal Spirit coffered Himself without blemish to God, dcleanse 2your conscience from edead works to serve fthe living God?
Luke 1:35''The angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called t[b]he Son of God[/b].''
From the above,we can as well see what that messenger(Angel Gabriel) came to do ! You can as well see again how the holy spirit achieved the work of the MOST HIGH concerning HIS SON-JESUS !
1 Corinthians 12:11''But one and the same Spirit works all these things, adistributing to each one individually just as He wills. It is one spirit man;GOD the father,HIS SON and the spirit is one !
Romans 15:30''Now I urge you, brethren, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in your prayers to God for me'' Na wao,see how this spirit and the son including the father take be just one !
Acts 13 :12''While they were ministering to the Lord [/b]and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” Wonderful work and instructions of God through HIS spirit !No prophet or Angel can claim THEY called anyone to do anything,rather that God has said or asked them to do but we hear Jesus always and even the holy spirit saying they(2 in one GOD)have called people to do certain things !
Mathew 1:18''Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: when His mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together s[b]he was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit
.'' The angel's power never came on the mother of Jesus BUT the power of God did-HOLY SPIRIT!
Mathew 3:16''After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him''
Luke 4:1''Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led around by the Spirit in the wilderness''-Jesus wasn't lead around by one prophet or one Angel,but by the spirit of God !Even angels worship Jesus !
Luke 4:14'And Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about Him spread through all the surrounding district.'' The spirit has always bein with Christ becos na the instruction wey the father give am !Glory be to God that Christ eventually sent this spirit of HIS father to us !
Make i stop here so that them go fit publish this post.
God help us
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 11:06am On Aug 21, 2013
RoyPCain: @kenny4lyfe;

before the bosom of Abraham was ever created, Noah had died. Enoch died even before Noah. Adam died first. Where are these people? are they also in the bosom of their much junior Abraham?

where were they after death before Abraham was born and was given any covenant or promise and honoring his bosom for those that died later?

i am asking you to tell me about those who died before his bosom ever became important. It is because of people like you i repeat myself, over and again.

if merely believing in God that matters, then muslims and jews and all theists dont have to worry. the jews will be alright and it will irrelevant to believe Jesus and hanging him is inconsequential .

but belief alone without obedience to God and doing good work as much as within ability and struggling to avoid evil for His Pleasure does not get everyone to the good Grace of God. it is The Grace of God that matters. and you cant get it by your 'believing in God' and nothing else.

to me you started out ocky (you mean okay?) and you turned my question to 3 parts and at the end you answered 4 parts. go back and regroup and maybe then you will know that Jesus was only relevant in his time, not before and not when another prophet [sa] came on the scene as messenger and prophet of God for all peoples.

Question 1 :i am asking you to tell me about those who died before his bosom ever became important. It is because of people like you i repeat myself, over and again.

[b] Answer: I'm sorry I made you repeat yourself "over and again". That just shows how limited your knowledge is about the subject in question BUT before I answer your over-repeated question, you'll have to respond to these:
-Do YOU believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God?
-Do You believe that God gave Him (Jesus Christ) to be crucified on the cross for the remission of the sins of the entire world (including you)?
-Do you believe that God raised him from the dead? {Romans 10:9-10}
If your answer is a "NO", then I have no business sharing the deep things of God with you because, if you choose not to believe in the fundamentals, how then will you believe in whatever I have to say?
And if your answer is a "YES", then I'm gonna have to lead you to Jesus Christ right here on nairaland and of course I'll direct you to a church near you where you'll be properly educated about the foundational doctrines of Christ. Then you can contact me and I'll answer your questions in detail![/b]

Question 2 : if merely believing in God that matters, then muslims and jews and all theists dont have to worry. the jews will be alright and it will irrelevant to believe Jesus and hanging him is inconsequential

Answer: You can never overrule the relevance of Jesus in the life of any Man today! The indications are quite visible for those who can see it {John 1:3,4,9, 1:12,3:16,}. The fact that many are yet to recognise this relevance is the reason for all the sufferings in the world today {Hosea 4:6}!

Your commentary to question 2: but belief alone without obedience to God and doing good work as much as within ability and struggling to avoid evil for His Pleasure does not get everyone to the good Grace of God. it is The Grace of God that matters. and you cant get it by your 'believing in God' and nothing else.

Response: You don't have to work for God's grace nor do you have to believe to earn God's grace because, when we were yet sinners He (God) sent His son to die for us! {See Romans 5:8}. In Summary: Believing + Acting accordingly (Work) = Faith {James 2:20 and 26}. You can never isolate any of them!

Your commentary on my previous reply: to me you started out ocky (you mean okay?) and you turned my question to 3 parts and at the end you answered 4 parts. go back and regroup and maybe then you will know that Jesus was only relevant in his time, not before and not when another prophet [sa] came on the scene as messenger and prophet of God for all peoples.

The fact that you recognise (according to your comment) that I gave you more answers than your questions goes a long way to show that you're paying attention. Well done! But you must realise that the relevance of Jesus is not only in his time but forever! (Read my answer to your second question again)
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tintingz(m): 12:02pm On Aug 21, 2013
With all these long epistle I can't find where Jesus said "I am God worship me"

Did Jesus ever claim he was the ONLY son of God??

John 20:17 Jesus said "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' "

In these verse we see Jesus saying "my Father and your father my God and your God" , Jesus made it known to the people that their is someone greater than him and even class himself with the people, he never claim the only son of God instead he said "your father"

Isrealites are used in calling God their father so I don't read where Jesus claim he's the only son of God or God himself, there are many sons of God in the old testament bible. Back to some verses that Jesus is God creation and not God himself, he respect God and preached one God.

Mark 15:34 says "And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Was he calling himself or what?? "Myself myself why have you leave me" undecided not making any sense at all. undecided

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 8:28 Jesus said "I do nothing of myself"? Can't GOD do anything he wills?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 14:28 Jesus said "My Father (GOD) is greater than I"?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Luke 23:46 Jesus said "Father (GOD), into thy hands I commend my spirit"?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Mark 10:18 Jesus said “And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone. ?

Luke 18:19 Jesus said only GOD Almighty is Good: " "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good except God alone."

undecided How can someone that say all this verse above be 'equal' to God how can Jesus be God with all what he has said "why call me good, God alone is GOOD" even a 6 year old kid will read these and laugh at christians blindness and ignorance "why calling Jesus(son of man) God"?? grin
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2013
tintingz: With all these long epistle I can't find where Jesus said "I am God worship me"

Did Jesus ever claim he was the ONLY son of God??

John 20:17 Jesus said "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' "

In these verse we see Jesus saying "my Father and your father my God and your God" , Jesus made it known to the people that their is someone greater than him and even class himself with the people, he never claim the only son of God instead he said "your father"

Isrealites are used in calling God their father so I don't read where Jesus claim he's the only son of God or God himself, there are many sons of God in the old testament bible. Back to some verses that Jesus is God creation and not God himself, he respect God and preached one God.

Mark 15:34 says "And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Was he calling himself or what?? "Myself myself why have you leave me" undecided not making any sense at all. undecided

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 8:28 Jesus said "I do nothing of myself"? Can't GOD do anything he wills?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 14:28 Jesus said "My Father (GOD) is greater than I"?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Luke 23:46 Jesus said "Father (GOD), into thy hands I commend my spirit"?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Mark 10:18 Jesus said “And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone. ?

Luke 18:19 Jesus said only GOD Almighty is Good: " "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good except God alone."

undecided How can someone that say all this verse above be 'equal' to God how can Jesus be God with all what he has said "why call me good, God alone is GOOD" even a 6 year old kid will read these and laugh at christians blindness and ignorance "why calling Jesus(son of man) God"?? grin
Hey tintnz,e be like say you no dey see abi? Or you choose only to see wetin you like to see abi?
See below and this time in piece meal what Christ said about HIMSELF and tell me HE never said any of them and yet you quote the ones you feel or think favors your stand:
"Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me?"
—John 8:46 Even quran with all it's lies can not deny the fact that Jesus was sinless-Sura 19:19'' He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son. But they also made us understand that all prophets are sinners including their muhamed ! sura 40:55''So be patient, [O Muhammad]. Indeed, the promise of a.llah is truth. And ask forgiveness for your sin and exalt a.llah with praise of your Lord in the evening and the morning''
So know, [O Muhammad], that there is no deity except a.llah a[b]nd ask forgiveness for your sin and for the believing men and believing women.[/b] And a,llah knows of your movement and your resting place.''Sura 47:19
This one below,showed us also that ur mohamed was a sinner before he claimed one negative spirit delivered the quran to him,while he was busy killing people of the world and claiming that it was god inspired,he remained a sinner and even in future he continued in sin untill his death! See below what ur quran is saying:
Sura 48:1 Lo! ''We have given thee (O Muhammad) a signal victory,
48:2 That Allah may forgive thee of thy sin that which is past and that which is to come, and may perfect His favour unto thee, and may guide thee on a right path,''
The above is ur quran,i only quoted it for you to see that ur mohamed was a mere man not like our Lord Jesus who never sinned but forgave the sins of millions !
Just for piecemeal sake,reverting with further answers to your questions !

God help us
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 21, 2013
@kenny4lyfe; what if Jesus is not son of God because his mother is not wife of God or are you asking me to accept that God is an adulterer? what if Jesus was not crucified because he begged God in prayers that he is protected and not be allowed to be perished in the hands of his enemies which are also enemies of God intention and message upon Jesus or are you saying God rejected Jesus and accepted the evil intention of their mutual enemies? What if Jesus was not killed or died is there a reason for God to raise him up when it is not Judgment Day since once dead there is resurrection and Judgment Day or are you saying Judgment day is suspended for all of us since we do not know when the last man will be born or dies while it already began upon Jesus? You tend to justify your statement with a concussion from the writer of the Book of Romans. Jesus didnt say it and we dont know what Jesus actually said in the Gospels and Roman is truly out of the Questions since there is smell of fallacy in something that should be pure, it is not 100% correct meaning corruption. Your believing in a lie does not mean i should because i am using my faculty that God has blessed me with. You sound like that arrogant pompous pastor with HIV who intentionally infested church ladies with the virus knowing fully well having se.x with them will make them sick like him. Its in Atlanta, Georgia. I am praying that no one I know is among them and all the women get cured.

Jesus is irrelevant then as he is now. Who is relevant always is God. see you and I agree on reality; God and Jesus his prophetic messenger to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. we disagree on fallacy; son of God, trinity, etc. If Jesus is what you say he is, all the 4 Gospels would say the same thing and not only John. in fact all the 12 would have repeated the same and no need of selecting 4 if 12 was not good, 4 would not and the 1 to settle upon will be full of inconsistencies. suffering does not mean death or salvation for all, but going through your prescribed destiny. by the way pastor ajanaku, woke up and relapsed into coma. does that make him God or semi God? you have to see honey badger becoming motionless as if dead after deadly poisonous snake bit it. then in 1 hour later wakes up and eat that snake upon shaking off the poison.

am i grateful to God that i am a muslim because your quote below shows arrogance and ignorance at the same time. how do you earn grace mercy leading to salvation except that you sincerely believe therefore struggle in sincerity to be obedience, following commandments; worshiping, doing good and avoiding evil? or if you dont of any of these and all you believe is death of an innocent man, how injustice you have classified God? imagine a high school proprietor punishing the class captain for the evil of someone in the class before during and after the class captain was there? if you believe in that punishment and disrespect the proprietor, how much good do you attach to the proprietor?

Response: You don't have to work for God's grace nor do you have to believe to earn God's grace because, when we were yet sinners He (God) sent His son to die for us! {See Romans 5:8}. In Summary: Believing + Acting accordingly (Work) = Faith {James 2:20 and 26}. You can never isolate any of them!

and you have justified your faith on what Paul and James said in these verses, not what Jesus said about God or what the prophets before him said. or didnt you read Jesus telling you that the laws and what the prophets said are relevant and he Jesus was with them on the laws and their saying?

The fact that you recognise (according to your comment) that I gave you more answers than your questions goes a long way to show that you're paying attention. Well done! But you must realise that the relevance of Jesus is not only in his time but forever! (Read my answer to your second question again)
your answer is weak. full of personal opinions. not what Jesus said about himself. for sure his relevance did not go before he began preaching.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 21, 2013
@m.k.o.2005; if 20 years from now a 15 year old writes about mko, and his material about his family is different from what kola writes about his father. we are going to assume that kola will write the truth about him and not the lies that some of the dead ringer children of his father have to take test to be sure that they are abiola's children. lets just assume that kola is honest.

do you think it will be reasonable for anyone to accept the writing of the 15 year old over what kola writes, especially if the 15 years old boy says abiola is not a muslim when the whole of nigeria knew that the egba man was a staunch muslim? this is exactly what you have done when you are accepting Paul and forcing me to do the same. the statement of Jesus about himself and his God, if it comes from him must be true. the only way he can be attested to have spoken the truth since no writing from him survived is what God says through a prophet after Jesus left the stage. and God knows who He chose as prophet to correct lies and maintain truth that survived.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 1:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
tintingz:

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Mark 10:18 Jesus said [b]“And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone. ?

undecided How can someone that say all this verse above be 'equal' to God how can Jesus be God with all what he has said "why call me good, God alone is GOOD" even a 6 year old kid will read these and laugh at christians blindness and ignorance "why calling Jesus(son of man) God"?? grin [/b]
If you understand the humility that is in and exhibited by Christ,you will not laugh at Christians but will rather imitate the imitators of Christ wink
Christ was called by so many names at different times.Take a look for urslf below:
Author of Eternal Salvation
Beginning
Beginning and the Ending
Begotten
Beloved
Beloved Son
Beloved Son of God
Blessed of God
Bread of Life
Bridegroom
Bright and Morning Star
Captain of Man's Salvation
Captain of Our Salvation
Carpenter
Carpenter's Son
Chief Cornerstone
Chosen
Chosen of God
Christ
Christ Child
Christ of God
Christ the Lamb
Comforter
Consolation of Israel
Cornerstone
Counsellor
Creator
Creator of All Things
Deliverer
Divine Son
Door of the Sheep
Emmanuel
End of the Law
Endless
Eternal
Eternal Father
Eternal God
Eternal Head
Eternal Judge
Eternal Judge of Quick and Dead
Everlasting Father
Example
Exemplar
Faithful and True
Father
Father of Heaven and Earth
Finisher
Finisher of faith
First and the Last
Firstborn
Firstfruits
Forerunner
God
God of Abraham
God of Isaac
God of Israel
God of Jacob
God of Thy Father
God of Whole Earth
God's Anointed
Good Shepherd
Governor
Great I AM
Great Shepherd
Head of Every Man
Head of the Body
Head of the Church
Healer
Heir of All Things
Holy
Holy Child
Holy Messiah
Holy One
Holy One of Israel
Holy One of Jacob
I AM
Image of God
Immanuel
Jehovah
Jesus
Jesus Christ
Jesus of Galilee
Jesus of Nazareth
Joseph's Son
Judge
Judge of Quick and Dead
Just One
Just,
King
King of Israel
King of Kings
King of Zion/Sion
King of the Jews
Lamb
Lamb of God
Life
Light of the World
Light
Lion of the Tribe of Juda
Living Bread
Living Stone
Living Water
Lord from Heaven
Lord Jesus
Lord of All
Lord of Dead
Lord of Glory
Lord of Hosts
Lord of Living
Lord of Lords
Lord of the Sabbath
Lord Omnipotent
Lord our Righteousness
Lord's Christ
Maker
Man of Counsel
Man of Holiness
Master
Mediator
Meek and Lowly
Messenger of the Covenant
Messiah
Mighty God
Mighty One
Mighty One of Israel
Mighty One of Jacob
Minister
Most High God
Nazarene
Offspring of David
Only Begotten
Only Begotten of the Father
Only Begotten Son
Our Passover
Physician
Power of God
Prince
Prince of Life
Prince of Peace
Prophet
Prophet of Nazareth
Propitiation for Sins of Whole World
Rabbi
Redeemer
Redeemer of Israel
Redeemer of the World
Resurrection and the Life
Revealer
Righteous Judge
Righteous Man
Rock of Heaven
Root of Jesse
Savior
Savior of Israel
Savior of the World
Second Comforter
Seed of Abraham
Seed of David
Servant of Jehovah
Servant of the Lord
Shepherd
Son
Son of Abraham
Son of David
Son of God
Son of Man
Son of Righteousness
Son of the Eternal Father
Son of the Everlasting God
Son of the Highest
Son of the Living God
Son of the Most High God
Spiritual Rock
Teacher Come from God
True Vine
Truth,
Unchangeable One
Well Beloved
Wisdom of God
Wonderful
Word of Life
Worthy
From the above,HE who is all,give all the glory to HIS father in heaven for HE said'' I and my father are one.If you have seen me you have seen the father''
See also below how HE who is all above stoop low to wash the feet of HIS disciple to teach them humility. He lived HIS life by example:
Mathew 13:12-15''When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. “Do you understand what I have done for you?” he asked them. 13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.
Every Good son is a servant of his father ! I still serve my father at home till tomorrow.Will calling me a servant becos i serve my father take away my sonship from me ? NO.It only shows that i am a responsible son ! Jesus is not the only son of God,all who are in Christ Jesus are sons of God but Christ is the first born son of God ! Na this one they vex you ?
See below what Jesus asked you muslims who deny HIS sonship:
John 10:32''-Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
[/b]34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, [b]I said, Ye are gods
?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
With time,you will know more ! If not,see below what Chrsit is saying concerning you:
"You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins."
—John 8:23,24

God help us

3 Likes

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2013
^^^^^

Jesus is definitely not GOD.

smiley
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 1:38pm On Aug 21, 2013
tintingz: With all these long epistle I can't find where Jesus said "I am God worship me"

See this one alone below and deduce from ur self : Jesus is humble and will not rant concerning HIS authority!
John 5:21-28
"The Father judges no-one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, that all may honour the Son just as they honour the Father. He who does not honour the Son does not honour the Father, who sent him. I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man. Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice."

Christ authority is given to HIM by HIS father !
From the above,you can see clearly for urself that God will not judge you HIMSELF but HIS word-SON Jesus will carry out the judgement. If you no want make HIM pepe you well well,start to dey honour am as you dey do to the father o(no be a,llah o),becos if you know am and honour am,na the father you dey honour but if you dey form say you no one honour am but you one do everything to d father,ur name na sorry becos the father no know you at all ! To honour God means to honour HIS son and this is no other thing but to believe that HE is the son of God,who came and died for the sins of the world,crucified on the cross,burried and was ressurected after 3 days ! Believe HE is ur lord and personal saviour than you will be in right standing with the father !-This is all it takes to honour Christ and HIS father ! He said if you have seen me,you have seen the father. We Christians pray to the father in the name of HIS SON JESUS ! Jesus say HIM and HIM papa na one ! No be me talk am. Na Jesus talk am. On less u 1 tell me say Jesus dey lie ! But even ur quran say 1 single lie no dey Jesus mouth wink

God help us

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Emusan(m): 1:42pm On Aug 21, 2013
m.k.o2005:

HIS word-SON Jesus

God bless you for this point, this is what most people including some Christians don't know about Jesus.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2013
RoyPCain: the only way he can be attested to have spoken the truth since no writing from him survived is what God says through a prophet after Jesus left the stage. and God knows who He chose as prophet to correct lies and maintain truth that survived.
You have denied the old testament prophets,new testament disciples and apostles and introduced one 6-7th century writer and his colleagues right ? Why do you think God will send muhamed to contradict what HE said concerning Jesus before HIS comming and also after HE had left the stage in flesh ?
Muhamed copied all those apocryphal books like i told tbaba234 who is no longer on this tread probably becos he has known the truth and decided to seek the face of God through HIS son Jesus in quiet !
Muhammed has got nothing to tell me becos Jesus said anyone who deny the truth that HE is the son of God will die in his sin ! If muhamed denied this fact,it obviously means he died a sinner and will definitely not make it into heaven !

God help us
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Emusan(m): 1:49pm On Aug 21, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^^

smiley

MKO has done enough justice for making all his statement from Bible unlike FROSBEL doing copy and paste.

all the fact above is it true or false?

2 Likes

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 1:54pm On Aug 21, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^^

smiley
Jesus is the spoken word of God. All the powers HE had and still has were given to HIM by HIS father and always HE recognized that fact and always give glory to HIS father !
Frosbel, don't worry make our own for no lost,for the other tread,i go learn more from you. Thanks mate !

God help us
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 1:56pm On Aug 21, 2013
Emusan:

MKO has done enough justice for making all his statement from Bible unlike FROSBEL doing copy and paste.

Emusan,make we for no derail this trad abeg i know say tbaba234 dey for corner,na him i dey wait for to lead am completely to Chrsit.Me you and frosbel go meet for the other side and we go learn more from ourselves !

God help us
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tintingz(m): 2:13pm On Aug 21, 2013
@m.k.o ... Hehehehe I laugh Obasanjo and Jonathan dey twerk grin

All the names you have listed about Jesus, most of them are not even mentioned by Jesus or people called him those names in the bible

Where was Jesus called Jehova, Yaweh?? When he himself never mention them in NT bible, who called Jesus 'Emmanuel'? You most show me today today from that your bible grin the bible said he will be called Emmanuel but no one called him Emmanuel in the bible.

Jesus(AS) is the first born?? Hehehehe grin

Jeremiah 31:9 "I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn." cheesy

Thank God you said Jesus(AS) is the word of God not God himself, every prophet God sent are word from/of God you even quote a verse that Jesus(AS) is the son of man even frosbel your christian brother disagreed with you that Jesus is God grin

Salaam.

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 21, 2013
Emusan:

Lol.

You must be a new comer, some of us have led ( with Davidlyan et al ) a 'crusade' against the lies of people like tbaba1234 for years grin

Nowadays I aint got time for back and forth with Muslims.

smiley
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tintingz(m): 2:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
m.k.o2005:

See this one alone below and deduce from ur self : Jesus is humble and will not rant concerning HIS authority!
John 5:21-28
"The Father judges no-one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, that all may honour the Son just as they honour the Father. He who does not honour the Son does not honour the Father, who sent him. I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man. Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice."

Christ authority is given to HIM by HIS father !
From the above,you can see clearly for urself that God will not judge you HIMSELF but HIS word-SON Jesus will carry out the judgement. If you no want make HIM pepe you well well,start to dey honour am as you dey do to the father o(no be a,llah o),becos if you know am and honour am,na the father you dey honour but if you dey form say you no one honour am but you one do everything to d father,ur name na sorry becos the father no know you at all ! To honour God means to honour HIS son and this is no other thing but to believe that HE is the son of God,who came and died for the sins of the world,crucified on the cross,burried and was ressurected after 3 days ! Believe HE is ur lord and personal saviour than you will be in right standing with the father !-This is all it takes to honour Christ and HIS father ! He said if you have seen me,you have seen the father. We Christians pray to the father in the name of HIS SON JESUS ! Jesus say HIM and HIM papa na one ! No be me talk am. Na Jesus talk am. On less u 1 tell me say Jesus dey lie ! But even ur quran say 1 single lie no dey Jesus mouth wink

God help us
You don't have to post Long junks... Just show me from the Bible where Jesus himself said "I am God and your creator worship me" you are only quoting out God given Jesus(AS) authorities to do something like a slave/prophet/messanger cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? / Muslims Rape 9 Year Old Girls And Then Pray To Allah / How Many Times Have You Changed Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 233
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.