Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,597 members, 7,955,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:12 PM

Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? (10763 Views)

To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 21, 2013
@m.k.o.2005;
by m.k.o2005: 1:48pm
You have denied the old testament prophets,new testament disciples and apostles and introduced one 6-7th century writer and his colleagues right ? Why do you think God will send muhamed to contradict what HE said concerning Jesus before HIS comming and also after HE had left the stage in flesh ?

for sure you do not know anything about Jesus until he arrived as a baby. so your in 'flesh' is your making and the making of those you copy it from. Jesus was sent to add to whatever Moses brought, you will say. what qualifies Jesus except what God gave him? what qualifies Moses to overcome Pharaoh except what God gave him. what God gave Muhammad [sa] is what qualifies him as the truth, the messenger to all mankind, irrespective of nations and tribes leveling out the playing field for all.

Muhamed copied all those apocryphal books like i told tbaba234 who is no longer on this tread probably becos he has known the truth and decided to seek the face of God through HIS son Jesus in quiet !
Muhammed has got nothing to tell me becos Jesus said anyone who deny the truth that HE is the son of God will die in his sin ! If muhamed denied this fact,it obviously means he died a sinner and will definitely not make it into heaven !

God help us

show me how Jesus is son without his mother being wife. I want you to explain with sound mind, please. could you show me the story of any prophet exactly in the Quran in any apocryphal book. and you believe there is nothing worthy of knowing about Jesus that except that it is in the Bible? i am asking you does the bible contain the complete truth and nothing but the truth?

Jesus is not the son of God because from the bible he says he is son of man and by his disciples he is the prophet, a man approved of God with signs and wonders. or you know Jesus more than himself and his disciples? remember his mother never called him immanuel and you are not ashamed to call him so. do you know him more than his mother?

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 3:10pm On Aug 21, 2013
tintingz: @m.k.o ... Hehehehe I laugh Obasanjo and Jonathan dey twerk grin

All the names you have listed about Jesus, most of them are not even mentioned by Jesus or people called him those names in the bible

Where was Jesus called Jehova, Yaweh?? When he himself never mention them in NT bible, who called Jesus 'Emmanuel'? You most show me today today from that your bible grin the bible said he will be called Emmanuel but no one called him Emmanuel in the bible.

Jesus(AS) is the first born?? Hehehehe grin

Jeremiah 31:9 "I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn." cheesy

Thank God you said Jesus(AS) is the word of God not God himself, every prophet God sent are word from/of God you even [/b]quote a verse that Jesus(AS) is the son of man even [b]frosbel your christian brother disagreed with you that Jesus is God grin

Salaam.
A man is as good as HIS word ! See below scripture if you will believe:
John 1:1-18''In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and t[b]he Word[/b] was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning.[/b] 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
15 (John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”) 16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known. I think the above answers all the stuffs you put up there saving for the name Emmanuel !
You are asking me if Jesus was called aEmmanuel as prophesied by the old testament prophets? Okay i will give you a little lecture so that you will not complain of a long post ! See below for urself how Jesus the Christ is Emmanuel then,today and forever :
Isaiah 7:14''Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.
From the above,we have seen that even the OT prophets testified that a virgin son will be born and HIS name will be called Emmanuel. Have u bothered to ask the meaning of the name Emmanuel? how about abram and Abraham ?
Now let's start with Abram- It means exalted father ! And Abraham means father of a multitude ! You should know what Emmanuel means before asking me that question. Incase you don't know,it means God with us !
From the above 3 names and their meanings,will it be wrong if Abraham is called today father of Multitude or the Exalted father before his name was changed ?
Emmanuel means we have God with us and the scripture to tell it strait to you and any other who does not want to perish is John 10:30''I and the Father are one."
See again below and after reading the below and still you don't understand,i leave you solely to the holy spirit !
-John 14:6-11''Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

From just this one scripture,all ur questions above are settles ! Emmanuel means God with us and Jesus is God with us ! Unless you want to tell me that Isaiah 7:14 is yet to be fullfiled which means we have to wait for another virgin born!
Just to spice it up,see below word of God :
John 1:17-18''For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in the closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

If you no believe this one,e mean say na the holy spirit alone go remove the blind wey dey ur eyes !

God help this guy please

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 3:13pm On Aug 21, 2013

All the names you have listed about Jesus, most of them are not even mentioned by Jesus or people called him those names in the bible

Where was Jesus called Jehova, Yaweh?? When he himself never mention them in NT bible, who called Jesus 'Emmanuel'? You most show me today today from that your bible grin the bible said he will be called Emmanuel but no one called him Emmanuel in the bible.

Thank God you said Jesus(AS) is the word of God not God himself, every prophet God sent are word from/of God you even quote a verse that Jesus(AS) is the son of man even frosbel your christian brother disagreed with you that Jesus is God grin

Salaam.
For piecemeal sake,see below:
A man is as good as HIS word ! See below scripture if you will believe:
John 1:1-18''In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and t[b]he Word[/b] was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning.[/b] 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
15 (John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”) 16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known. I think the above answers all the stuffs you put up there saving for the name Emmanuel !

Reverting with the rejoinder !

God help us
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2013

Thank God you said Jesus(AS) is the word of God not God himself, every prophet God sent are word from/of God you even quote a verse that Jesus(AS) is the son of man even frosbel your christian brother disagreed with you that Jesus is God grin

Salaam.
See below follow up:
You are asking me if Jesus was called aEmmanuel as prophesied by the old testament prophets? Okay i will give you a little lecture so that you will not complain of a long post ! See below for urself how Jesus the Christ is Emmanuel then,today and forever :
Isaiah 7:14''Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.
From the above,we have seen that even the OT prophets testified that a virgin son will be born and HIS name will be called Emmanuel. Have u bothered to ask the meaning of the name Emmanuel? how about abram and Abraham ?
Now let's start with Abram- It means exalted father ! And Abraham means father of a multitude ! You should know what Emmanuel means before asking me that question. Incase you don't know,it means God with us !
From the above 3 names and their meanings,will it be wrong if Abraham is called today father of Multitude or the Exalted father before his name was changed ?
Emmanuel means we have God with us and the scripture to tell it strait to you and any other who does not want to perish is John 10:30''I and the Father are one."

Reverting with the conclusion !

God help us
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 3:16pm On Aug 21, 2013

Salaam.
Balance of the piecemeal package :
See again below and after reading the below and still you don't understand,i leave you solely to the holy spirit !
-John 14:6-11''Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

From just this one scripture,all ur questions above are settles ! Emmanuel means God with us and Jesus is God with us ! Unless you want to tell me that Isaiah 7:14 is yet to be fullfiled which means we have to wait for another virgin born!
Just to spice it up,see below word of God :
John 1:17-18''For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in the closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

If you no believe this one,e mean say na the holy spirit alone go remove the blind wey dey ur eyes !

God help this guy please

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 3:59pm On Aug 21, 2013
tintingz:

I don tire to dey answer questions on whether me and other true Christians be son,israel na son or whether Ephraim as a tribe na son !
Please see below answer wey i give the people wey start this tread and question before them go rest and never come back again before you come:

''Concerning the Israel nation and Ephraim as a tribe bein the son of God and we M.K.O,Mintayo,rexsl,Frosbel and other Christians are adopted into the sonship of God,we ahve to start with Israel as a nation.
Israel as a nation is the first son 'amongs nations'becos God chose Israel first before other nations.(Afterall God see Egypt But chose Israel)!
Then for Ephraim,the first son of God amongs the tribes in Israel !
We who were gentiles,were adopted into this sonship for accepting Christ ! Now all of us are sons but see below the case with the first son of God,the ONLY BEGOTTEN OF GOD:HE IS THE FIRST AMONGS ALL THE SONS !-Jesus
Consider, though, the significance of this revelation that Jesus Christ is the Father's "only begotten" Son. This unique phrase is used with reference to the Lord Jesus many other times, and all the five verses below contain vitally important truths concerning Christ.
These verses are as follows:
"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth" (John 1:14).
This is the key verse of the Incarnation, assuring us that the man Jesus, who dwelt among us for a time, was also the eternal Word who was "in the beginning with God" and that He "was God" and that "all things were made by Him" (John 1:1-3). He was God the Creator manifest in the flesh.
"No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him" (John 1:18).
The Father is omnipresent, and therefore invisible to mortal eyes, but as Jesus said: "He that hath seen me hath seen the Father" (John 14:9). Men have seen and heard the Father in the person of His only begotten Son. Whenever God has been seen by men, it has been through the Son who has revealed Him.
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).
This verse, of course, is the most magnificent of all gospel verses; many would call it the greatest verse in the Bible. It assures us that, if we simply put our trust in Jesus who has become man in order to die for our sins, and then to defeat death and become our Savior, our sins will be forgiven, and we shall live forever with Him.
"He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" (John 3:18).
Other than the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, "there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12). In view of all that our Savior has done for us, this verse gives clear warning that those who refuse or neglect to believe on the person and work of God's only begotten Son, will die in their sins, condemned forever by the Father whose Son they have spurned.
"God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him" (I John 4:9).
You see that you lanrexlan,tbaba,mclatunji and the rest can be adopted as sons too ! It's unfortunate ur mahamad died without accepting Christ as his savior !Don't make same mistake please !
THE QURAN COPIED BOTH THE APOCRYPHAL AND MIXED IT UP WITH THE FEW CANONICAL BOOKS ! grin

God help us

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2013
RoyPCain:

Jesus is not the son of God because from the bible he says he is son of man and by his disciples he is the prophet, a man approved of God with signs and wonders. or you know Jesus more than himself and his disciples? remember his mother never called him immanuel and you are not ashamed to call him so. do you know him more than his mother?
I just don't want to believe that you have not seen all the numerous posts with quotes from Jesus HIMSELF who is God,the messiah,the redeemer,the son of man,the son of God and the all in all !-Jesus is everything you can think of grin since it is very very obvious that muhammed started his killings for what he believed regarding the sonship and authority of Jesus. It is clear that the reason for ur quran is just to counter the authority and claims of Christ HIMSELF. Muhamed killed lots people just to counter the sonship of Jesus !
Now you said Jesus never said HE is the son of God and i say Jesus is not only the son of God but a son to man and a servant of God and man afterall a good son serves his father ! All good sons are servants to their father. Show me a son who will not serve his father and i will show you a son who is condemned & destroyed destined for hell ! Are you cleared with this one now ?
Atleast HIS disciples said the below concerning HIM(Jesus):
Mathew 16:13-16''When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.
May be na you roypcain be simon peter wey answer that question above ! smiley
Just for the purpose of clarity,let me repeat one of the numerous quotes of Jesus asserting THE TRUTH that HE is the son of God:-John 10:32- Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?"
See their answer below:
-John 10:33''The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God.
See below what Christ said to the Jewish disbelievers like you muslims today:
-John 10:36''do you say of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God '?

Hey roypcain or what do you say ur handle is,if you ever come back here with any question that has been answered before or yeye question concerning Jesus'authority,sonship and been the saviour of the world through the shedding of HIS blood on the cross,i will knock ur head and i mean this one for real-play play no dey angry

God help us

2 Likes

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 4:51pm On Aug 21, 2013
RoyPCain: @m.k.o.2005;
sure you do not know anything about Jesus until he arrived as a baby.

Concerning whether we know about this Jesus before HIS birth,see below and you will be amazed if only you will be truthfull to urself:
1.Messiah would be born of a woman.Genesis 3:15
Galatians 4:4
2.Messiah would be born in Bethlehem. Micah 5:2
3.Messiah would be born of a virgin. Isaiah 7:14
4.Messiah would come from the line of Abraham. Genesis 12:3 Genesis 22:18
5.Messiah would be a descendant of Isaac.Genesis 17:19 Genesis 21:12
6.Messiah would be a descendant of Jacob.Numbers 24:17
7.Messiah would come from the tribe of Judah. Genesis 49:10
8.Messiah would be heir to King David's throne. 2 Samuel 7:12-13 Isaiah 9:7
9.Messiah's throne will be anointed and eternal.Psalm 45:6-7 Daniel 2:44
10.Messiah would be called Immanuel. Isaiah 7:14
11.Messiah would spend a season in Egypt. Hosea 11:1
12.A massacre of children would happen at Messiah's birthplace. Jeremiah 31:15 Matthew 2:16-18
13.A messenger would prepare the way for Messiah Isaiah 40:3-5
14.Messiah would be rejected by his own people. Psalm 69:8 Isaiah 53:3
15.Messiah would be a prophet. Deuteronomy 18:15
16.Messiah would be preceded by Elijah. Malachi 4:5-6
17.Messiah would be declared the Son of God. Psalm 2:7
18.Messiah would be called a Nazarene. Isaiah 11:1
19.Messiah would bring light to Galilee.Isaiah 9:1-2
20.Messiah would speak in parables. Psalm 78:2-4 Isaiah 6:9-10
21.Messiah would be sent to heal the brokenhearted. Isaiah 61:1-2
22.Messiah would be a priest after the order of Melchizedek. Psalm 110:4
23.Messiah would be called King.Psalm 2:6 Zechariah 9:9
25.Messiah would be betrayed. Psalm 41:9 Zechariah 11:12-13
26.Messiah's price money would be used to buy a potter's field. Zechariah 11:12-13
27.Messiah would be falsely accused. Psalm 35:11
28.Messiah would be silent before his accusers. Isaiah 53:7
29.Messiah would be spat upon and struck.Isaiah 50:6
30.Messiah would be hated without cause.Psalm 35:19 Psalm 69:4
31.Messiah would be crucified with criminals.Isaiah 53:12
32.Messiah would be given vinegar to drink.Psalm 69:21
33.Messiah's hands and feet would be pierced. Psalm 22:16
Zechariah 12:10 John 20:25-27
34.Messiah would be mocked and ridiculed.Psalm 22:7-8
35.Soldiers would gamble for Messiah's garments.Psalm 22:18
36.Messiah's bones would not be broken. -Exodus 12:46 Psalm 34:20
37.Messiah would be forsaken by God. -Psalm 22:1
38.Messiah would pray for his enemies. -Psalm 109:4
39.Soldiers would pierce Messiah's side.-Zechariah 12:10
40.Messiah would be buried with the rich.-Isaiah 53:9
41.Messiah would resurrect from the dead.-Psalm 16:10 Psalm 49:15
42.Messiah would ascend to heaven-Psalm 24:7-10
43.Messiah would be seated at God's right hand. -Psalm 68:18 Psalm 110:1
44.Messiah would be a sacrifice for sin. -Isaiah 53:5-12
Hmm ! This messiah self ! a lot was said about you prior your birth !
Having seen all these above how dare you roypcain say nothing was known or said about Jesus and that it was muhammed who came to qualify Jesus as the truth ! This is nothing but gibberish !

God help this guys !

3 Likes

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 7:28pm On Aug 21, 2013
RoyPCain: @kenny4lyfe; what if Jesus is not son of God because his mother is not wife of God or are you asking me to accept that God is an adulterer? what if Jesus was not crucified because he begged God in prayers that he is protected and not be allowed to be perished in the hands of his enemies which are also enemies of God intention and message upon Jesus or are you saying God rejected Jesus and accepted the evil intention of their mutual enemies? What if Jesus was not killed or died is there a reason for God to raise him up when it is not Judgment Day since once dead there is resurrection and Judgment Day or are you saying Judgment day is suspended for all of us since we do not know when the last man will be born or dies while it already began upon Jesus? You tend to justify your statement with a concussion from the writer of the Book of Romans. Jesus didnt say it and we dont know what Jesus actually said in the Gospels and Roman is truly out of the Questions since there is smell of fallacy in something that should be pure, it is not 100% correct meaning corruption. Your believing in a lie does not mean i should because i am using my faculty that God has blessed me with. You sound like that arrogant pompous pastor with HIV who intentionally infested church ladies with the virus knowing fully well having se.x with them will make them sick like him. Its in Atlanta, Georgia. I am praying that no one I know is among them and all the women get cured.

Jesus is irrelevant then as he is now. Who is relevant always is God. see you and I agree on reality; God and Jesus his prophetic messenger to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. we disagree on fallacy; son of God, trinity, etc. If Jesus is what you say he is, all the 4 Gospels would say the same thing and not only John. in fact all the 12 would have repeated the same and no need of selecting 4 if 12 was not good, 4 would not and the 1 to settle upon will be full of inconsistencies. suffering does not mean death or salvation for all, but going through your prescribed destiny. by the way pastor ajanaku, woke up and relapsed into coma. does that make him God or semi God? you have to see honey badger becoming motionless as if dead after deadly poisonous snake bit it. then in 1 hour later wakes up and eat that snake upon shaking off the poison.

am i grateful to God that i am a muslim because your quote below shows arrogance and ignorance at the same time. how do you earn grace mercy leading to salvation except that you sincerely believe therefore struggle in sincerity to be obedience, following commandments; worshiping, doing good and avoiding evil? or if you dont of any of these and all you believe is death of an innocent man, how injustice you have classified God? imagine a high school proprietor punishing the class captain for the evil of someone in the class before during and after the class captain was there? if you believe in that punishment and disrespect the proprietor, how much good do you attach to the proprietor?

and you have justified your faith on what Paul and James said in these verses, not what Jesus said about God or what the prophets before him said. or didnt you read Jesus telling you that the laws and what the prophets said are relevant and he Jesus was with them on the laws and their saying?

your answer is weak. full of personal opinions. not what Jesus said about himself. for sure his relevance did not go before he began preaching.

-Do YOU believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God?
-Do You believe that God gave Him (Jesus Christ) to be crucified on the cross for the remission of the sins of the entire world (including you)?
-Do you believe that God raised him from the dead? {Romans 10:9-10}
If you answer is a "NO", then I have no business sharing the deep things of God with you because, if you choose not to believe in the fundamentals how then will you believe in whatever I have to say?
And if your answer is a "YES", then I'm gonna have to lead you to Jesus Christ right here on nairaland and of course I'll direct you to a church near you where you'll be properly educated about the foundational doctrines of Christ. Then you can contact me and I'll answer your questions in detail!

If you have no answer to the above then there's nothing more I have for you pal!
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 21, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Concerning whether we know about this Jesus before HIS birth,see below and you will be amazed if only you will be truthfull to urself:
1.Messiah would be born of a woman.Genesis 3:15
Galatians 4:4
2.Messiah would be born in Bethlehem. Micah 5:2
3.Messiah would be born of a virgin. Isaiah 7:14
4.Messiah would come from the line of Abraham. Genesis 12:3 Genesis 22:18
5.Messiah would be a descendant of Isaac.Genesis 17:19 Genesis 21:12
6.Messiah would be a descendant of Jacob.Numbers 24:17
7.Messiah would come from the tribe of Judah. Genesis 49:10
8.Messiah would be heir to King David's throne. 2 Samuel 7:12-13 Isaiah 9:7
9.Messiah's throne will be anointed and eternal.Psalm 45:6-7 Daniel 2:44
10.Messiah would be called Immanuel. Isaiah 7:14
11.Messiah would spend a season in Egypt. Hosea 11:1
12.A massacre of children would happen at Messiah's birthplace. Jeremiah 31:15 Matthew 2:16-18
13.A messenger would prepare the way for Messiah Isaiah 40:3-5
14.Messiah would be rejected by his own people. Psalm 69:8 Isaiah 53:3
15.Messiah would be a prophet. Deuteronomy 18:15
16.Messiah would be preceded by Elijah. Malachi 4:5-6
17.Messiah would be declared the Son of God. Psalm 2:7
18.Messiah would be called a Nazarene. Isaiah 11:1
19.Messiah would bring light to Galilee.Isaiah 9:1-2
20.Messiah would speak in parables. Psalm 78:2-4 Isaiah 6:9-10
21.Messiah would be sent to heal the brokenhearted. Isaiah 61:1-2
22.Messiah would be a priest after the order of Melchizedek. Psalm 110:4
23.Messiah would be called King.Psalm 2:6 Zechariah 9:9
25.Messiah would be betrayed. Psalm 41:9 Zechariah 11:12-13
26.Messiah's price money would be used to buy a potter's field. Zechariah 11:12-13
27.Messiah would be falsely accused. Psalm 35:11
28.Messiah would be silent before his accusers. Isaiah 53:7
29.Messiah would be spat upon and struck.Isaiah 50:6
30.Messiah would be hated without cause.Psalm 35:19 Psalm 69:4
31.Messiah would be crucified with criminals.Isaiah 53:12
32.Messiah would be given vinegar to drink.Psalm 69:21
33.Messiah's hands and feet would be pierced. Psalm 22:16
Zechariah 12:10 John 20:25-27
34.Messiah would be mocked and ridiculed.Psalm 22:7-8
35.Soldiers would gamble for Messiah's garments.Psalm 22:18
36.Messiah's bones would not be broken. -Exodus 12:46 Psalm 34:20
37.Messiah would be forsaken by God. -Psalm 22:1
38.Messiah would pray for his enemies. -Psalm 109:4
39.Soldiers would pierce Messiah's side.-Zechariah 12:10
40.Messiah would be buried with the rich.-Isaiah 53:9
41.Messiah would resurrect from the dead.-Psalm 16:10 Psalm 49:15
42.Messiah would ascend to heaven-Psalm 24:7-10
43.Messiah would be seated at God's right hand. -Psalm 68:18 Psalm 110:1
44.Messiah would be a sacrifice for sin. -Isaiah 53:5-12
Hmm ! This messiah self ! a lot was said about you prior your birth !
Having seen all these above how dare you roypcain say nothing was known or said about Jesus and that it was muhammed who came to qualify Jesus as the truth ! This is nothing but gibberish !

God help this guys !

I agree with you on this dear Bro.

smiley
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tintingz(m): 9:25pm On Aug 21, 2013
@m.k.o all your long thrash have not answer the questions I asked...read this verse where God keep reminding them that he's God

Leviticus 19
1-2 GOD spoke to Moses: “Speak to the congregation of Israel. Tell them, Be holy because I, GOD, your God, am holy.
3 “Every one of you must respect his mother and father. “Keep my Sabbaths. I am GOD, your God.

4 “Don’t take up with no-god idols. Don’t make gods of cast metal. I am GOD, your God.

You can see in these verse where God keep repeating "I'm God your God" now show me where Jesus said "I'm God worship me" not that "the word was with God" blah blah blah because the 'word' was a creation of God. Jesus was preaching to the people "my father your father, my God your God"

Secondly...

You haven't show me where the people called Jesus "emmanuel" in the bible. smiley

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tintingz(m): 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2013
In this verse jehova said to David

Psalm 2:7 "....Jehova had said onto me (David), thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.". cheesy

David was also the beggoten son of God? I know christian will cover up and said it because David(AS) was the forefather of Jesus(AS) cheesy

But did jehova had any intercourse with women?? or was Mary the wife of jehova? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 9:14am On Aug 22, 2013
tintingz: In this verse jehova said to David

Psalm 2:7 "....Jehova had said onto me (David), thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.". cheesy

David was also the beggoten son of God? I know christian will cover up and said it because David(AS) was the forefather of Jesus(AS) cheesy

But did jehova had any intercourse with women?? or was Mary the wife of jehova? undecided
Good morning titinz,how was your night ?
May it interest you to know that you are a begotten of your father BUT not the only begotten if you have other siblings !
John 3:16'“For God so loved the world,that he gave his 'only begotten Son',that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life''
The phrase only begotten can ONLY be used for Jesus ! It means only of HIS kind.It means the one and only.
Tintinz,when ever ur biological father start to use that phrase up above for you,it will mean that you are unique and very very very different from the rest of his sons ! This only begotten goes further to tell you that Jesus isn't like David,Ephraim,Israel,me MKO and other Christians who have declared for God through Christ ! Jesus is the first of all the sons of God.He is a part of God-God's word ! I am not God's word,neither is David or other Christians But Jesus is !
Just go and look into the phrase 'only begotten son' ! It means the only,one and only,a unique and infact,the exact spoken word of God that was made flesh and dwells amongst men !

God help us

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 9:30am On Aug 22, 2013
Isaiah 7:14''Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel''

Mathew 1:23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

Any body wey no believe this word up above that Jesus is the son of God and the OT prophesied Messiah needs to just wait for another Messiah wey virgin go born as a result of the power of the holy spirit wey go come upon her !

God help the muslims and even some wey say dem be Christians.

E be like say i go sign out of this tread becos i no suppose to dwell on this forever !

God bless us all !
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Mintayo(m): 10:55am On Aug 22, 2013
m.k.o2005:
Isaiah 7:14''Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel''

Mathew 1:23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

Any body wey no believe this word up above that Jesus is the son of God and the OT prophesied Messiah needs to just wait for another Messiah wey virgin go born as a result of the power of the holy spirit wey go come upon her !

God help the muslims and even some wey say dem be Christians.

E be like say i go sign out of this tread becos i no suppose to dwell on this forever !

God bless us all !

Good morning m.k.o,good job,don't b discouraged,i am actually blessed by all your posts!
About tintings,it is only Jesus that can touch him;myself,alexis and desika(wherever that guy is now)hv explained to him n lanre several times in so many threads how Jesus is the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON of God,but he won't just see it...sometimes learn to ignore his post(that what i do tho with no offence intended)!
I v been away,need to clear somethings,bt l b back fully nextweek by God's grace!
God bless.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 11:08am On Aug 22, 2013
Mintayo:

Good morning m.k.o,good job,don't b discouraged,i am actually blessed by all your posts!
About tintings,it is only Jesus that can touch him;myself,alexis and desika(wherever that guy is now)hv explained to him n lanre several times in so many threads how Jesus is the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON of God,but he won't just see it...sometimes learn to ignore his post(that what i do tho with no offence intended)!
I v been away,need to clear somethings,bt l b back fully nextweek by God's grace!
God bless.
You are blessed,may the good lord keep you and continue to bless you in Jesus name.... Amen. You will go peacefully and come back in peace in the name of Jesus.....Amen.

God help us
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Mintayo(m): 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2013
m.k.o2005:

You are blessed,may the good lord keep you and continue to bless you in Jesus name.... Amen. You will go peacefully and come back in peace in the name of Jesus.....Amen.

God help us

Amen bro and you too.
Remain blessed.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by sonmvayina(m): 2:48pm On Nov 26, 2015
They are brother and sister...the moon God or allah in earlier times known as Sin is a goddess. of love and fertility while yaweh was the god of the isrealites. they are both children of Enlil who is satan or the destroyer..the hater of mankind..his brother was Enki..the benevolent one, the king of Gods and lord of all..so says the Sumerian story.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Autino(m): 4:01pm On Nov 26, 2015
[quote author=enilove post=17405940]We are not serving the same God.

God is not a God of confusion.

To we Christians ,we say one man one woman.
To the Muslims ,you can have more than one wife.

To we Christians, no sinner will make heaven.
To the Muslims ,sinners can make heaven if their good deeds are grrater than their evil deeds.

To we Christians ,we should not fight or think evil even if your enemy slaps or kicks you.
To the Muslim, You can fight or kill your enemies especially for Jihad. If you slap a muslim he can slap you back because it is not a sin

To we the Christians ,our God is in heaven and He can see and hear you wherever you are.We face any position while we pray.

To the muslims, they must face Kaaba when praying and must circumvent the kaaba during haj because the kaaba is special to them.

We Christians are children of God
The muslims are the slave of God.

We Christians fo not go about killing the muslims for God.
There are some muslims who go about killing Christians for their god.

We should not fool ourselves, we are not serving the same God.
In addition Muslims said there's no other God but Allah. That means there's differnt b/w Christian God and Muslim Allah
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Autino(m): 4:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
lanrexlan:

The biblical god tried to murder Moses[Exodus 4:24],Allah never attempted to kill Moses but was sending His peace on Him[Surah As-Saffat 37:120-122]
The biblical god enforces people to drink alcohol[Jeremiah 25:27-28],Allah forbids alcohol[Surah Al-Maidah 5:90]
The biblical god lives in Zion[Joel 3:17] and used to wander about[1 Chronicles 17:5-6],Allah does not.
The biblical god was seen by many eyes and even dine with children of Israel[Exodus 33:11,Exodus 24:10,Isaiah 6:1,Amos 9:1],Allah is invisible.
The biblical god is a consuming fire[Hebrews 12;29],Allah is not.
The biblical god punishes innocent children for the sins of their fathers and great grand fathers[Deuteronomy 5:9-10],Allah does not.
A man burnt his daughter for the biblical god and he accepted it graciously[Judges 11:34-39],Allah doesn't even eat flesh nor blood[Surah Al-Hajj 22:57]
The biblical god requires idolatry sacrifice from every generation[Exodus 29:38-42],Allah doesn't[Surah Al-Hajj 22:57]
The biblical god is like a yoruba god called Sango because flames were seen coming out of his nostrils and fire out of his mouth[Psalms 18:8]
The biblical god fed man with paper[Ezekiel 3:1-3],Allah does not.
If you need more,let me know.....Peace
yes you are right the Biblical God says thau shall not kill,the quran says kill you shall have seven virgins In heaven
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Autino(m): 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2015

Is that how you demonstrate it? You made a claim which is either true or false. I asked that you prove your claim and you go about this proof by referring me to the Quran

Why not quote the verse of the Quran where Allah asked Muslims to become suicide bombers and we will review it together?
if you read your quran well can you tell the story of how Mohammed live his life?the life that Muslims are immitating compaired to. Who Christians immitating
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lanrexlan(m): 8:57pm On Nov 26, 2015
Autino:
yes you are right the Biblical God says thau shall not kill,the quran says kill you shall have seven virgins In heaven
I thought it's 72 you guys claimed before, now it's 7? Baba, stop smoking osogbo weed undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? / Stop Joking With Hell Fire / The Historicity Of The Books Of The Bible - Reference: Daniel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.