Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,289 members, 7,811,865 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? (10469 Views)

To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Mintayo(m): 10:29am On Aug 18, 2013
lanrexlan: Don't mind him sis,he can't comprehend all those above posts.He is just here to do follow follow.
#ignored.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Enigma(m): 10:31am On Aug 18, 2013
For once, I actually approve of copy and pasting by frosbel.

1. Oya now, let each side be arguing by copy and pasting all over!

2. In this case by frosbel, he has shown honesty by placing the copy in quotes and giving the source[/b].

So oya let the copy and paste battle begin!

And if tbaba234 wants to do his own in fraudulent style, he will once again be exposed -- insha Allah! wink
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 18, 2013
[quote author=Enigma]For once, I actually approve of copy and pasting by frosbel.

I don't need your approval Enigma in any form or shape, just carry on with your discussion.

smiley
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by onegig(m): 10:38am On Aug 18, 2013
You know what i hate about all these arguments? No side comes to the table with a clear mind. Everyone is prejudiced about an issue and would never accept a dissenting fact. I can't still imagine we still do this back and forth things. Why argue with someone who's not ready to listen. Ain't it like talking to a wall or dead wood?
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Enigma(m): 10:39am On Aug 18, 2013
frosbel:
I don't need your approval Enigma in any form or shape, just carry on with your discussion.

Shaa let the copy and paste battle begin. grin

cool
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Mintayo(m): 10:39am On Aug 18, 2013
When i posted something abt d similarities btw d gospel of Barnabas and d quran with d source...tbaba n co shouted and screamed dt i went to anti-islamic sites...
i wonder where he got his lies from...christain sites?
May God help us!
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Enigma(m): 10:41am On Aug 18, 2013
^^^ It is called hypocrisy and duplicity. The guy is a proven fraud.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 18, 2013
What Christians call God and what Muslims call Allah, both are creations of the mind and do not exist at all. These are illusions given life by neanderthal fanatics and religious bigots.

But God is a plural legion of higher intelligence that are not necessarily outside us but a part of the matrix of energy, the brightest amongst us assume esoteric mandate to join the legion of GOD.

Biblical Facts to Ponder on:

Let 'us' make man in 'our' own image (Plural Creators NOT one being, therefore whats called God is plural)
In the begining was the word (audio-sound energy), and the word was God: Energy is God, God is energy.

Since God is Energy, it therefore means God can not be destroyed but converted from one form to another. Therefore Energy is God.

Since Energy can be converted from one form to another, it there for means, that the totality of all that there is in the multiverses is called GOD.

God means all that there is,including you and I. So, do not look out there to God, you are a part of it. Little wonder the bible says, Ye are Gods and children of most high. Meaning you are the microcosm of the whole.

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 18, 2013
Surah 15:9 of the Qur’an proclaims:

We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption).

Muslim scholars interpret this ayah (verse) as a divine promise that the text of the Qur’an would be preserved perfectly, down to the smallest detail. The Qur’an therefore offers us a way to test its divine origin, based on whether Allah’s promise in Surah 15:9 was fulfilled. In this pamphlet, we will review the history of the Qur’an according to Muslim sources, allowing us to see if this book has Allah’s stamp of approval.

I. A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE QUR’AN

The first Qur’anic revelation came to Muhammad around the year 610. Muhammad delivered many more verses to his scribes and companions for memorization and recording over the next two decades. These verses were written on stalks of palm leaves, bones of dead animals, flat stones, and other materials. There was no complete manuscript of the Qur’an during this time.

Qur’anic revelation ceased when Muhammad died. Shortly after Muhammad’s death, Caliph Abu Bakr needed to suppress a rebellion, and he sent many huffaz (people who had memorized portions of the Qur’an) to fight at the Battle of Yamama. Many of these huffaz died, and Muslim sources tell us that portions of the Qur’an were lost:

Ibn Abi Dawud, Kitab al-Masahif—Many (of the passages) of the Qur’an that were sent down were known by those who died on the day of Yamama . . . but they were not known (by those who) survived them, nor were they written down, nor had Abu Bakr, Umar or Uthman (by that time) collected the Qur’an, nor were they found with even one (person) after them.

Abu Bakr decided that it was time to gather what remained of the Qur’an in order to prevent more from being lost, and he appointed Zaid ibn Thabit to this task. After Zaid completed his codex around 634 AD, it remained in Abu Bakr’s possession until his death, when it was passed on to Caliph Umar. When Umar died, it was given to Hafsa, a widow of Muhammad. (For a fuller account see Sahih al-Bukhari 4986.)

During Caliph Uthman’s reign, approximately 19 years after the death of Muhammad, disputes arose concerning the correct recitation of the Qur’an. Uthman ordered that Hafsa’s copy of the Qur’an, along with all known textual materials, should be gathered together so that an official version might be compiled. Zaid ibn Thabit, Abdullah bin Az-Zubair, Sa’id bin Al-As, and Abdur-Rahman bin Harith worked diligently to construct a revised text of the Qur’an. When it was finished, “Uthman sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied, and ordered that all the other Qur’anic materials, whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, be burnt” (Sahih al-Bukhari 4987). The Qur’an we have today is descended from the Uthmanic codex.

II. DISPUTES AMONG MUHAMMAD’S SCHOLARS

Not all Muslims approved of the new Qur’an. Indeed, some of Muhammad’s top teachers rejected Zaid’s version.

Muhammad once told his followers to “Learn the recitation of the Qur’an from four: from Abdullah bin Masud—he started with him—Salim, the freed slave of Abu Hudhaifa, Mu’adh bin Jabal and Ubai bin Ka’b” (Sahih al-Bukhari 3808). Interestingly, Ibn Masud (first on Muhammad’s list) held that the Qur’an should only have 111 chapters (today’s version has 114 chapters), and that chapters 1, 113, and 114 shouldn’t have been included in the Qur’an.

Because of this (along with hundreds of other textual differences), Ibn Masud went so far as to call the final edition of the Qur’an a deception! He said, “The people have been guilty of deceit in the reading of the Qur’an. I like it better to read according to the recitation of him [i.e. Muhammad] whom I love more than that of Zayd Ibn Thabit” (Ibn Sa’d, Kitab al-Tabaqat al-Kabir, Vol. 2, p. 444).

Should Muslims submit to this “deceit”? Not surprisingly, Ibn Masud advised Muslims to reject Zaid’s Qur’an and to keep their own versions—even to hide them so that they wouldn’t be confiscated by the government! He said:

Jami at-Tirmidhi 3104—“O you Muslim people! Avoid copying the Mushaf and recitation of this man. By Allah! When I accepted Islam he was but in the loins of a disbelieving man”—meaning Zaid bin Thabit—and it was regarding this that Abdullah bin Mas’ud said: “O people of Al-Iraq! Keep the Musahif that are with you, and conceal them.”

But Ibn Masud wasn’t the only one of Muhammad’s trusted teachers who disagreed with Zaid’s Qur’an. Ubayy ibn Ka’b was Muhammad’s best reciter and one of the only Muslims to collect the materials of the Qur’an during Muhammad’s lifetime. Yet Ibn Ka’b believed that Zaid’s Qur’an was missing two chapters! Later Muslims were therefore forced to reject some of Ibn Ka’b’s recitation:

Sahih al-Bukhari 5005—Umar said, “Ubayy was the best of us in the recitation (of the Qur’an), yet we leave some of what he recites.” Ubayy says, “I have taken it from the mouth of Allah’s Messenger and will not leave it for anything whatever.”

Due to these disputes among Muhammad’s hand-picked reciters, Muslims are faced with a dilemma. If Muslims say that the Qur’an we have today has been perfectly preserved, they must say that Muhammad was horrible at choosing scholars, since he selected men who disagreed with today’s text. If, on the other hand, Muslims say that their prophet would know whom to pick regarding Islam’s holiest book, they must conclude that the Qur’an we have today is flawed!

III. MISSING CHAPTERS

Simply knowing the facts about such disputes is enough to dismiss the claim that the Qur’an has been perfectly preserved. Nevertheless, we may go further by briefly considering certain other problems.

When Ibn Umar—son of the second Muslim caliph—heard people declaring that they knew the entire Qur’an, he said to them: “Let none of you say, ‘I have learned the whole of the Koran,’ for how does he know what the whole of it is, when much of it has disappeared? Let him rather say, ‘I have learned what is extant thereof’” (Abu Ubaid, Kitab Fada’il-al-Qur’an).

One of Muhammad’s companions, Abu Musa, supported this claim when he said that the early Muslims forgot two surahs (chapters) due to laziness:

Sahih Muslim 2286—Abu Musa al-Ash’ari sent for the reciters of Basra. They came to him and they were three hundred in number. They recited the Qur’an and he said: You are the best among the inhabitants of Basra, for you are the reciters among them. So continue to recite it. (But bear in mind) that your reciting for a long time may not harden your hearts as were hardened the hearts of those before you. We used to recite a surah which resembled in length and severity to (Surah) Bara’at. I have, however, forgotten it with the exception of this which I remember out of it: “If there were two valleys full of riches, for the son of Adam, he would long for a third valley, and nothing would fill the stomach of the son of Adam but dust.” And we used to recite a surah which resembled one of the surahs of Musabbihat, and I have forgotten it . . .

This shows that entire chapters of the Qur’an were forgotten.

IV. MISSING PASSAGES

We know further that large sections of certain chapters came up missing. For instance, Muhammad’s wife Aisha said that roughly two-thirds of Surah 33 was lost:

Abu Ubaid, Kitab Fada’il-al-Qur’an—A’isha . . . said, “Surat al-Ahzab (xxxiii) used to be recited in the time of the Prophet with two hundred verses, but when Uthman wrote out the codices he was unable to procure more of it than there is in it today [i.e. 73 verses].”

According to Aisha, the collectors simply couldn’t find all of Surah 33. Why not? As we’ve seen, many huffaz were killed at the Battle of Yamama. Apparently, no one who knew the entire chapter survived.

V. MISSING VERSES

Aisha also tells us that individual verses of the Qur’an disappeared, sometimes in very interesting ways:

Sunan ibn Majah 1944—It was narrated that Aishah said: “The Verse of stoning and of breastfeeding an adult ten times was revealed, and the paper was with me under my pillow. When the Messenger of Allah died, we were preoccupied with his death, and a tame sheep came in and ate it.”

The verses on stoning and breastfeeding an adult ten times are not in the Qur’an today. Why? Aisha’s sheep ate them.

VI. MISSING PHRASES

Since entire chapters, large portions of chapters, and individual verses of the Qur’an were lost, it should come as no surprise that short phrases were forgotten as well. Let’s consider two examples.

First, Surah 33:6 declares that “The Prophet is closer to the Believers than their own selves, and his wives are their mothers.” Ubayy ibn Ka’b and other early Muslims held that a phrase (“and he is a father of them”) is missing from this verse. Even the great translator Yusuf Ali admits this in his commentary. Ali writes: “In some Qira’ahs, like that of Ubayy ibn Ka’ab, occur also the words ‘and he is a father of them,’ which imply his spiritual relationship and connection with the words ‘and his wives are their mothers’” (Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Meaning of the Holy Qur’an, Note 3674). It seems that Muslims have been left with an incomplete verse.

Second, if we open a modern edition of the Qur’an, we find that Surah 2:238 commands Muslims to “Guard strictly your (habit) of prayers, especially the Middle Prayer; and stand before Allah in a devout (frame of mind).” According to Aisha, Muhammad recited this verse as follows: “Guard strictly (the five obligatory) prayers, and the middle Salat, and Salat Al-Asr. And stand before Allah with obedience” (Jami at-Tirmidhi 2982). Hence, the phrase “and Salat Al-Asr” is missing from modern editions.

VII. ASSESSMENT

Obviously, the Qur’an has changed significantly over the years. The evidence shows that entire chapters were lost, that large sections of chapters came up missing, that individual verses were forgotten, and that phrases have been left out. Muhammad’s best teachers and reciters couldn’t even agree on which chapters were supposed to be in the Qur’an.

This raises an obvious question. What’s the difference between a book that’s been perfectly preserved, and one that hasn’t been perfectly preserved? If Muslims are right, there’s no difference at all. The typical characteristics of a book that hasn’t been perfectly preserved are (1) missing phrases, (2) missing passages, (3) missing chapters, (4) disagreements about what goes back to the original, etc. But the Qur’an has all of these characteristics. Thus, Muslims who are aware of the evidence but who also want to maintain the perfect perseveration of the Qur’an must say something like this: “Yes, the Qur’an has all the characteristics of a book that hasn’t been perfectly preserved, but it’s been perfectly preserved anyway.” Can anyone make sense of such a claim?

We must also take note of the obvious. Anyone who has read the Muslim sources (e.g. Hadith, Tafsir, etc.) knows that the Qur’an has not been perfectly preserved. Muslim scholars are well aware of the fact that the Qur’an has been changed, and yet they tell less-educated Muslims that the Qur’an has always been exactly the same. Why are Muslim scholars and leaders deceptive about the history of their book? Moreover, if they are willing to deceive their fellow Muslims about the history of the Qur’an, what else are they being deceptive about?

Friends, whenever a book is passed on and copied by human beings, mistakes are going to be made (e.g. spelling errors, inadvertent omissions, intentional changes, and so on). This is true of all books, including the Qur’an and the Bible. The difference between the Qur’an and other books is that the Qur’an promises that no changes in its text will ever occur. As we have seen in this study, the Qur’an has not been perfectly preserved, which means that the promise of Surah 15:9 was not kept. The Qur’an cannot therefore be the Word of God.

http://www.answeringmuslims.com/p/quran.html
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mazaje(m): 11:08am On Aug 18, 2013
^^

Frosbel has shot back. . .Muslims what say you in defense?. . .
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Enigma(m): 11:19am On Aug 18, 2013
And for a wider forum issue:

1. Let us see if frosbel's post/s will be deleted!

2. Let us see if the thread will now be moved to the Islam section where frosbel's post/s (and maybe others) can be deleted.

undecided
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2013
[url][/url] funny thread.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Rexyl(m): 1:53pm On Aug 18, 2013
Throw it open, let it be thoroughly explored and properly investigated to see whether it can stand the test of time. It is just beginning, let‘s see how it will go. Let‘s see how God‘s spirit moves in the scriptures and which scripture?
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by udatso: 2:42pm On Aug 18, 2013
ghazzal: I think an important question people dont ask is- what makes d quran special.
Assume i do not believe in its revelation (not a muslim). If i get hold of a quran, what in it will make me feel it is unique/divine.
This will be the basis of comparism with " another book being like it"
Gods guidance is d only true one. Please always pray that "God guide us aright"

Shalom
what makes quran special. Please download Al-qur'an The Ultimate Miracle in epub or pdf format from archive.org/details/Al-quran-TheMiracleOfMiraclesDeedat.pdf
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Rexyl(m): 3:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
udatso: what makes quran special. Please download Al-qur'an The Ultimate Miracle in epub or pdf format from archive.org/details/Al-quran-TheMiracleOfMiraclesDeedat.pdf

Nothing shd be special in correct religion other than its ability to transform lives to doing God‘s will and to get people qualified for His salvation without destroying life.

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mazaje(m): 3:52pm On Aug 18, 2013
udatso: what makes quran special. Please download Al-qur'an The Ultimate Miracle in epub or pdf format from archive.org/details/Al-quran-TheMiracleOfMiraclesDeedat.pdf

Muslims claim the koran is a miracle because the words are well arranged, right words are used, excellent poetry, good rhythm etc. . .I really do not see how that fits into anything. . .
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 18, 2013
lanrexlan: You should check those biblical verses and see maybe I am accusing or it's exactly what's written there.
i cant stop laughin wen i read ur previous posts,because it is full of lies...I would have loved to prove you wrong but let me just leave you alone to avoid unnecessary arguments...God bless you sir
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by ghazzal: 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2013
Frosbel has copied and pasted an epistle. What is his summary - has the quran changed? how many versions exist today?
Or is he claiming he knows the way of his Lord and how his God does things?

There may be several versions of history about the Quran and you may choose which to prefer. The fact remains that the Book is still 1 today. NO copyright, yet no different version. Is that not wonderful. As for Zaid in your narration, are you saying no one shared his view? Have you not seen hadith about chapter 1 of Quran(Validity of Muslim Prayer), and Quran 112, 113, 114 for protection. It seems you are vast in Hadith but you choose to pick which to focus on.

Muslims need to accept a fact that not all Hadiths are authentic- even in Buhari. It is unfortunate but it is a fact. The Good news is the Quran, which will never change is there to check and identify false/Fake Hadiths. In all matters, Quran is the first reference and any hadith that contradicts the Quran is FAKE. So when you read/Hear any Hadith, verify with message from Quran first before broadcasting.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by ghazzal: 7:09pm On Aug 18, 2013
What makes the Quran Special,
besides the style of writing, That an unlettered man could narrate stories of the Past that no one else knows is amazing. that he could give information of the future is wonderful. That the universe in expanding continuously is a knowledge that man has to get to outer space to confirm.
Some will claim he copied from the bible and i once asked a friend, why was abraham thrown into the fire and he does not even know Abraham was thrown into any fire. Yet he boasts the Bible has information of history, that the Quran was coppied from the bible. How can a copy have more information than the Original?
Which Book explains events of life after death like the Quran,
The Quran is a book that has information for Me, for U, for the third person. it is not just for the Muslims but the whole of humanity to guide everyone to salvation.
It challenges the unbeliever to see reason that God exists. To see reason to have faith in God. It is not a story of just people of the past. It is a Book for you and Me. There is no chapter that does not have a direct message to the reader. Go and check. It is not filled with stories of the past alone.

Gods guidance is the only true one.

That you read nairaland Muslims forum is that you heard the message. I wonder what you excuse will be that you cannot think unbiased, clearly. may God guide me and you to the right path. amen
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tbaba1234: 10:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
@ Frosbel, Let us teach the christians how to debunk an accusation.

I. A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE QUR’AN

The first Qur’anic revelation came to Muhammad around the year 610. Muhammad delivered many more verses to his scribes and companions for memorization and recording over the next two decades. These verses were written on stalks of palm leaves, bones of dead animals, flat stones, and other materials. There was no complete manuscript of the Qur’an during this time.

Qur’anic revelation ceased when Muhammad died. Shortly after Muhammad’s death, Caliph Abu Bakr needed to suppress a rebellion, and he sent many huffaz (people who had memorized portions of the Qur’an) to fight at the Battle of Yamama. Many of these huffaz died, and Muslim sources tell us that portions of the Qur’an were lost:

@ second bolded.. That is a just fat faced lie.

Now let's know what happened:

Narrated Zaid bin Thabit Al-Ansari:

who was one of those who used to write the Divine Revelation:

Abu Bakr sent for me after the (heavy) casualties among the warriors (of the battle) of Yamama (where a great number of Qurra' were killed). 'Umar was present with Abu Bakr who said, 'Umar has come to me and said, The people have suffered heavy casualties on the day of (the battle of) Yamama, and I am afraid that there will be more casualties among the Qurra' (those who know the Qur'an by heart) at other battle-fields, whereby a large part of the Qur'an may be lost, unless you collect it. And I am of the opinion that you should collect the Qur'an." Abu Bakr added, "I said to 'Umar, 'How can I do something which Allah's Apostle has not done?' 'Umar said (to me), 'By Allah, it is (really) a good thing.' So 'Umar kept on pressing, trying to persuade me to accept his proposal, till Allah opened my bosom for it and I had the same opinion as 'Umar."
(Al-Bukhari, 6.201)

A good number of memorizers were killed and Umar expressed fear that some of the book may be lost if it is not compiled.

There is no statement saying the bolded. Putting it in a book form was simply a preventative measure for the future of the muslims. This was done within a year of the death of the prophet ((peace be upon him)

Lie Number 1

Also, The person chosen to collect the Quran was Zayd ibn Thabbit...

Let's learn a bit about Zayd ibn thabbit:

Zayd was one of the main scribe of the prophet, meaning he wrote the Quran revelation, meaning he used to write down revelation as indicated in the hadiths below.

'Some people visited Zaid Ibn Thabit (one of the scribes of the Prophet) and asked him to tell them some stories about Allah's Messenger. He replied: "I was his (Prophet's) neighbor, and when the inspiration descended on him he sent for me and I went to him and wrote it down for him..." (Tirmidhi, Mishkat al-Masabih, No. 5823)

Who else would be in the best position to compile?

Not only that, Zayd himself was a hafz... Meaning he had the whole book memorised:

Qatadah asked Anas ibn Malik, "Who memorized the Qur'an at the time of the Prophet?" He replied, "Four, all of whom were from the Ansar[1] .Ubayy ibn Ka`b, Mu`adh ibn Jabal, Zayd ibn Thabit and Abu Zayd."[Bukhari]

So not only was he, the chief scribe. He himself had the Quran memorized making him the best candidate for the Job.

He also used copies of the fragments already written by him and other scribes.

so Abu Bakr said to me (Zaid bin Thabit): You are a wise young man and we do not suspect you (of telling lies or of forgetfulness) and you used to write the Divine Inspiration for Allah's Apostle. Therefore, look for the Qur'an and collect it (in one manuscript)'...So I started locating the Quranic material and collecting it from parchments, scapula, leafstalks of date palms and from the memories of men (who know it by heart)..." (Al-Bukhari, 6.201)

Uthman's compilation

There are seven dialects in which the Quran can be recited, all of which are correct. Due to the growth and expansion of the muslim state at the time of Uthman, the dialectical differences were leading to arguments as some tribes began to argue/fight that their recitation was the best.

This situation got Uthman worried so he compiled the book in one dialect, the original dialect of the prophet. The Quraishi dialect. Note, no content arguments but dialectical.

Narrated Anas bin Malik: Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman came to Uthman at the time when the people of Sham (Syria) and the people of Iraq were waging war to conquer Armenia and Azherbijan. Hudhaifa was afraid of their differences in the recitation of the Quran, so he said to Uthman, 'O chief of the Believers! Save this nation before they differ about the Book (Quran) as Jews and Christians did before'. So Uthman sent a message to Hafsa saying, 'Send us the manuscripts of the Quran so that we may compile the Quranic materials in perfect copies and return the manuscripts to you'. Hafsa sent it to Uthman. 'Uthman then ordered Zaid bin Thabit, 'Abdullah bin Az-Zubair, Said bin Al-As and Abdur Rahman bin Harith bin Hisham to rewrite the manuscripts in perfect copies. Uthman said to the three Quraishi men, 'In case you disagree with[b] Zaid bin Thabit[/b] on any point in the Quran, then write it in their (Quraishi) tongue'. They did so, and when they had written many copies, Uthman sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied and ordered that all the other Quranic materials whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, be burnt..." (Bukhari, 6.510)

Guess who was in charge AGAIN!!! Same guy who did the job the first time.

Zaid Ibn Thabit..

So the same man again, who else is better to ensure that there are no additions but the one who has the whole Quran memorised, was the chief scribe of the prophet (peace be upon him) and was engaged in the first compilation. The best candidate for the job.

So what were the controls to ensure that this job is done properly??

i. Two memorizers of the text who heard it directly from the prophet were used and this people must have two witnesses that attest to that fact that he heard it from the prophet. ((Suyuti, Itqan, Vol.I, p.59)

ii. This was cross-checked with the hafsa copy which was the first compiled copy. (Ibn Hajar, Bath, IX, p. 15)
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lanrexlan(m): 10:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
Taylor184: i cant stop laughin wen i read ur previous posts,because it is full of lies...I would have loved to prove you wrong but let me just leave you alone to avoid unnecessary arguments...God bless you sir
It's full of lies and none of your brothers including yourself can prove it wrong,Mtcheew.It's very easy produce the truth and I would withdraw.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tbaba1234: 11:21pm On Aug 18, 2013
II. DISPUTES AMONG MUHAMMAD’S SCHOLARS

Not all Muslims approved of the new Qur’an. Indeed, some of Muhammad’s top teachers rejected Zaid’s version.

Muhammad once told his followers to “Learn the recitation of the Qur’an from four: from Abdullah bin Masud—he started with him—Salim, the freed slave of Abu Hudhaifa, Mu’adh bin Jabal and Ubai bin Ka’b” (Sahih al-Bukhari 3808). Interestingly, Ibn Masud (first on Muhammad’s list) held that the Qur’an should only have 111 chapters (today’s version has 114 chapters), and that chapters 1, 113, and 114 shouldn’t have been included in the Qur’an.

Because of this (along with hundreds of other textual differences), Ibn Masud went so far as to call the final edition of the Qur’an a deception! He said, “The people have been guilty of deceit in the reading of the Qur’an. I like it better to read according to the recitation of him [i.e. Muhammad] whom I love more than that of Zayd Ibn Thabit” (Ibn Sa’d, Kitab al-Tabaqat al-Kabir, Vol. 2, p. 444).

The parenthesis bolded made me laugh, is that the writer's interpretation. It shocks me the extent to which people go to lie, the writer is delibrately deceptive which is unfortunate.

What makes this lie worse is the deliberate false translation, this is the correct translation:

So conceal the manuscripts! I like it better to read according to the recitation of him (Prophet) whom I love more than that of Zayd Ibn Thabit. By Him besides Whom there is no god! I learnt more than seventy surahs from the lips of the Apostle of Allah, may Allah bless him, while Zayd Ibn Thabit was a youth, having two locks and playing with the youth.” (Ibn Sa'd, Kitab al-Tabaqat al-Kabir, Vol. 2, p.444)

That is just disgusting, the least you can do is report the hadith accurately. This is also reported elsewhere:

سَمِعْتُ ابْنَ مَسْعُودٍ يَقُولُ: " إِنِّي غَالٌّ مُصْحَفِي، فَمَنِ اسْتَطَاعَ أَنْ يَغُلَّ مُصْحَفًا فَلْيَغْلُلْ، فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ يَقُولُ: {وَمَنْ يَغْلُلْ يَأْتِ بِمَا غَلَّ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ

“I heard Ibn Masud saying: I have concealed my Mushaf. Whoever can conceal his mushaf he should conceal it. For Allah says, “And whoever conceals something, he shall come with what he concealed on the Day of Judgement.”” (Kitab al-Masahif, Narration 52)

Ibn Masud initially refused to hand over his personal written copy of the Quran to Zayd but he finally relented.

Another hadith reports this:

“By Allah I will not hand this manuscript over to them. Allah’s Messenger –may Allah bless him- personally taught me more than seventy surahs and now I should hand this (manuscript) over to them? By Allah, I will not give it to them!” (Mustadrak al-Hakim, Hadith 2896. Classified as Sahih by al-Hakim and al-Dhahbi)

So he refused to give them his manuscript initially.

The reasons from the hadiths are as follows:

i. he refused to give up his copy was that it was his personalized copy.

ii, Another is the fact that Zaid is far younger than him as indicated in the first hadith. Ibn Masud was one of the much older and respected guys.

We know that he later agreed :

“Uthman –may Allah be pleased with him- wrote to him (Ibn Masud) bidding him to follow the Companions in what they had agreed upon due to its benefits, (and because it lead to) unity of opinions and the end of differences. So, he inclined to it and agreed to follow and to give up the opposition –may Allah be pleased with them all.” (al-Bidaya wal-Nihaya 7/217)

From the above hadith, it is obvious that Ibn Masud relented. The dishonesty of the writer is revealed when he delibrately minsinterpretes than does not mention the resolution.

So what the real reaction to the Uthman mushaf?

Musab ibn Sad ibn Abi Waqqas said: "I saw the people assemble in large number at Uthman's burning of the prescribed copies (of the Quran), and they were all pleased with his action; not a one spoke out against him". ((Ibn Abi Dawud, p.12)

Another narration:

Zaid ibn Thabit is reported to have said: "I saw the Companions of Muhammad (going about) saying, 'By God, Uthman has done well! By God, Uthman has done well!" (Naysaburi, al-,Nizam al-Din al-Hasan ibn Muhammad, ).

These narrations show that the companions were pleased with Uthman's work, they do not indicate any fight.

We still have manuscripts of the Uthmani Quran available today.

This link shows where some of the earlist manuscripts, within the first and second century can be found.

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Text/Mss/museum.html#baq

Sahih al-Bukhari 5005—Umar said, “Ubayy was the best of us in the recitation (of the Qur’an), yet we leave some of what he recites.” Ubayy says, “I have taken it from the mouth of Allah’s Messenger and will not leave it for anything whatever.”

Again the writer exposes his dishonesty. This hadith does not exist in Bukhari..I have been searching for it for the past 15 minutes. The reference is incorrect and does not exist.

Another dishonesty, which Umar?? Because Umar ibn Khattab was dead at the time of Uthman's reign...
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tbaba1234: 11:47pm On Aug 18, 2013
IV. MISSING PASSAGES

We know further that large sections of certain chapters came up missing. For instance, Muhammad’s wife Aisha said that roughly two-thirds of Surah 33 was lost:

Abu Ubaid, Kitab Fada’il-al-Qur’an—A’isha . . . said, “Surat al-Ahzab (xxxiii) used to be recited in the time of the Prophet with two hundred verses, but when Uthman wrote out the codices he was unable to procure more of it than there is in it today [i.e. 73 verses].”

According to Aisha, the collectors simply couldn’t find all of Surah 33. Why not? As we’ve seen, many huffaz were killed at the Battle of Yamama. Apparently, no one who knew the entire chapter survived.

grin grin .. This cracked me up. Is it willful deceit or just ignorance? I believe it is the former.

I found that this hadith is considered extremely weak based on the chain of narratori by scholars. Ibn Lihiya one of narrators is considered unreliable. If the chain of narrators is weak, a hadith cannot be trusted.

Also, Ubayy who this is said to originate from, was part of Uthman's commitee and he never included these so called verses in the text. Ubayy had memorised all of the Quran, so had Zayd.

Qatadah asked Anas ibn Malik, "Who memorized the Qur'an at the time of the Prophet?" He replied, "Four, all of whom were from the Ansar[1] .Ubayy ibn Ka`b, Mu`adh ibn Jabal, Zayd ibn Thabit and Abu Zayd." (Bukhari)

iThere were more people who memorised the book as well. This list were the ones known by Anas ibn Malik. We know because we are told that many died at yamamah.

There are many narrations that indicate many who had memorised it and we know many finished memorising before/after the death of the prophet (peace be upon him):

The four Rightly-guided Caliphs, Talhah, Sa`d, ibn Mas`ud, Hudhayfah, Salim, Abu Hurayrah, `Abdullah ibn As�-Sa'ib, `Abdullah ibn `Abbas, `Abdullah ibn `Umar, `Abdullah ibn Az-Zubayr, `Abdullah ibn `Amr ibn Al-`As, `A'ishah, Hafsah, and Umm Salamah. Also, he stated from the Ansar: `Ubadah ibn As-Samit, Mu`adh who was called Abu Halimah, Majma` ibn Jariyah, Fudalah ibn `Ubayd, and Maslamah ibn Mikhlad. (Abu Ubais alQiraat)

With all of these people and more who memorised the book fully, not forgeting those who had maybe half or more memorised, All of them reported in authentic narrations, there is no way that narration makes any sense sef!

The preservation of the Quran is primarily on the memorisation, that is why millions of muslims have at least a part of the book memorised.

" There is otherwise every security, internal and external, that we possess the text which Muhammad himself gave forth and used". (Sir Williams Muir, Life of Mohamet, Vol.I. Introduction)

"But there is another proof of the Divinity of the Qur’an; it is the fact that it has been preserved intact through the ages since the time of its Revelation till the present day." (Apologia dell’ Islamismo, translated by Dr. Aldo Caselli under the title An Interpretation of Islam p.57 Muslim Book Mark, 2004)

The author should at least be honest.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Maisuya1: 1:02am On Aug 19, 2013
My friend in the uni in those days had committed the whole Quran into memory in at least 3 differnt riwaya (dialects) my neighbour has memorised the whole Quran in at least 2.

My point is if our generation of far more weaker eeman compared to the companions of the prophet (peace be upon them) can achieve such remarkable things, do you think the companions who saw, sat heard from the prophet himself (peace be upon him) wouldn't have done better.

Burn all the Qurans in the world and see if 7 year olds (no exageration) don't regurgitate it for u verbatim from memory. (That's part of the miracle of the book)
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tbaba1234: 1:10am On Aug 19, 2013
III. MISSING CHAPTERS
One of Muhammad’s companions, Abu Musa, supported this claim when he said that the early Muslims forgot two surahs (chapters) due to laziness:

Sahih Muslim 2286—Abu Musa al-Ash’ari sent for the reciters of Basra. They came to him and they were three hundred in number. They recited the Qur’an and he said: You are the best among the inhabitants of Basra, for you are the reciters among them. So continue to recite it. (But bear in mind) that your reciting for a long time may not harden your hearts as were hardened the hearts of those before you. We used to recite a surah which resembled in length and severity to (Surah) Bara’at. I have, however, forgotten it with the exception of this which I remember out of it: “If there were two valleys full of riches, for the son of Adam, he would long for a third valley, and nothing would fill the stomach of the son of Adam but dust.” And we used to recite a surah which resembled one of the surahs of Musabbihat, and I have forgotten it . . .

This shows that entire chapters of the Qur’an were forgotten.

Is the author just been mischievous here??

The hadith is as follows:

Abu Harb b. Abu al-Aswad reported on the authority of his father that Abu Musa al-Ash'ari sent for the reciters of Basra. They came to him and they were three hundred in number. They recited the Qur'an and he said: You are the best among the inhabitants of Basra, for you are the reciters among them. So continue to recite it. (But bear in mind) that your reciting for a long time may not harden your hearts as were hardened the hearts of those before you. We used to recite a surah which resembled in length and severity to (Surah) Bara'at.

I have, however, forgotten it with the exception of this which I remember out of it:" If there were two valleys full of riches, for the son of Adam, he would long for a third valley, and nothing would fill the stomach of the son of Adam but dust." And we used so recite a slirah which resembled one of the surahs of Musabbihat, and I have forgotten it, but remember (this much) out of it:" Oh people who believe, why do you say that which you do not practise" (lxi 2.) and" that is recorded in your necks as a witness (against you) and you would be asked about it on the Day of Resurrection" (xvii. 13).

The narrator Abu Harb b. Abu al-Aswad said: I have, however, forgotten it with the exception of this which I remember out of it.

The author said: The early Muslims forgot two surahs (chapters) due to laziness:

grin grin grin

Again i ask, Is this willful deceit or ignorance? This is written in English. Abu Harb b. Abu al-Aswad forgot something.

Na wa o!

When Ibn Umar—son of the second Muslim caliph—heard people declaring that they knew the entire Qur’an, he said to them: “Let none of you say, ‘I have learned the whole of the Koran,’ for how does he know what the whole of it is, when much of it has disappeared? Let him rather say, ‘I have learned what is extant thereof’” (Abu Ubaid, Kitab Fada’il-al-Qur’an).

More mischief, Why the lies na?

This is another narration of the same event:

Ibn al-Dhurays has narrated a report of Ibn Umar that he used to dislike the person who said, ‘I have recited the whole of the Qur’an.’ He (Ibn Umar) used to say, ‘But (the reality is) a part of the Qur’an has been abrogated.’ (Fath al-Bari, Dar al-Ma’rifah, Beirut 1379 A.H. vol.9 p.65)

Muslims understand that some verses were abrogated at the time of the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him)and nothing is missing from what the prophet left for the muslims.

Narrated 'Abdul 'Aziz bin Rufai': Shaddad bin Ma'qil and I entered upon Ibn 'Abbas. Shaddad bin Ma'qil asked him, "Did the Prophet leave anything (besides the Qur'an)?" He replied. "He did not leave anything except what is between the two bindings (of the Qur'an)." Then we visited Muhammad bin Al-Hanafiyya and asked him (the same question). He replied, "The Prophet did not leave except what is between the bindings (of the Qur'an).(Sahih Bukhari, Book 61, Hadith 537)

This is a much better translation:

Ibn `Umar, who said: ‘None of you should say that he has taken the whole of the Qur’an; how could he know what all of it was (before some of it being abrogated)! Substantial part of the Qur’an has passed him by (due to abrogation)! Let him say instead: ‘I have taken of the Qur’an that which (remained and) became apparent (after abrogation). (Abu Ubaid, Kitab Fada’il-al-Qur’an)

An excellent detailed rebuttal, to this garbage can be found here: http://www.letmeturnthetables.com/2012/10/ibn-umar-irreparable-much-quran-loss.html
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tbaba1234: 1:40am On Aug 19, 2013
VI. MISSING PHRASES

First, Surah 33:6 declares that “The Prophet is closer to the Believers than their own selves, and his wives are their mothers.” Ubayy ibn Ka’b and other early Muslims held that a phrase (“and he is a father of them”) is missing from this verse. Even the great translator Yusuf Ali admits this in his commentary. Ali writes: “In some Qira’ahs, like that of Ubayy ibn Ka’ab, occur also the words ‘and he is a father of them,’ which imply his spiritual relationship and connection with the words ‘and his wives are their mothers’” (Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Meaning of the Holy Qur’an, Note 3674). It seems that Muslims have been left with an incomplete verse.

grin grin grin

The most tragic thing about this thing is that people believe him.

At bolded, Qiraah is not a different reading of the text, it is the same text. There are seven different ways in which the Quran is recited. You would think that someone writing an article on Islam will know that.

Qirâ'a pl. -ât recitation, recital (especially of the Koran); reading (also, e.g., of measuring instruments); manner of recitation, punctuation and vocalization of the Koranic text. (The Hans-Wehr Dictionary Of Modern Written Arabic)

The evidence provided falls flat on its face because "Yusuf Ali' is talking about a different Qiraah not variation in the text.

Second, if we open a modern edition of the Qur’an, we find that Surah 2:238 commands Muslims to “Guard strictly your (habit) of prayers, especially the Middle Prayer; and stand before Allah in a devout (frame of mind).” According to Aisha, Muhammad recited this verse as follows: “Guard strictly (the five obligatory) prayers, and the middle Salat, and Salat Al-Asr. And stand before Allah with obedience” (Jami at-Tirmidhi 2982). Hence, the phrase “and Salat Al-Asr” is missing from modern editions.

grin grin

@ bolded, The middle prayer = Salat al asr. There is no removed phrase . Saying middle prayer and salat al-asr is an unnecessary repetition so this was probably included in parenthesis to illustrate what it refers to.

You would think someone writing about Islam would know that.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tbaba1234: 1:58am On Aug 19, 2013
Conclusion

Overwhelming evidence shows what frosbel posted is just garbage, filled with lies, ignorance and deception.

You might have other issues with Islam, but this is an issue that the proof for the case of preservation are far stronger than the arguments against it. We have seen that the author even resorted to lies to prove a point.

As regards the Quran preservation, many non-muslims who have taken the time to do some honest research end up with the same conclusion. It has been remarkable preserved from the time of revelation.

A.T. Welch, writes:

“For Muslims the Quran is much more than scripture or sacred literature in the usual Western sense. Its primary significance for the vast majority through the centuries has been in its oral form, the form in which it first appeared, as the “recitation” chanted by Muhammad to his followers over a period of about twenty years… The revelations were memorized by some of Muhammad’s followers during his lifetime, and the oral tradition that was thus established has had a continuous history ever since, in some ways independent of, and superior to, the written Quran… Through the centuries the oral tradition of the entire Quran has been maintained by the professional reciters (qurraa). Until recently, the significance of the recited Quran has seldom been fully appreciated in the West.” (The Encyclopedia of Islam, ‘The Quran in Muslim Life and Thought.’)

Kenneth Cragg :

“…this phenomenon of Quranic recital means that the text has traversed the centuries in an unbroken living sequence of devotion. It cannot, therefore, be handled as an antiquarian thing, nor as a historical document out of a distant past. The fact of hifdh (Quranic memorization) has made the Quran a present possession through all the lapse of Muslim time and given it a human currency in every generation, never allowing its relegation to a bare authority for reference alone.”(Kenneth Cragg, The Mind of the Quran, London: George Allen & Unwin, 1973, p.26.)

John Burton,

“…the text which has come down to us in the form in which it was organized and approved by the Prophet…. What we have today in our hands is the mushaf of Muhammad. (John Burton, The Collection of the Quran, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1977, p.239-40.)

" There is otherwise every security, internal and external, that we possess the text which Muhammad himself gave forth and used". (Sir Williams Muir, Life of Mohamet, Vol.I. Introduction)

"But there is another proof of the Divinity of the Qur’an; it is the fact that it has been preserved intact through the ages since the time of its Revelation till the present day." (Apologia dell’ Islamismo, translated by Dr. Aldo Caselli under the title An Interpretation of Islam p.57 Muslim Book Mark, 2004)

The author case was built on quick sand and an anti-islam sentiment rather than objectivity.

QED.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tbaba1234: 1:59am On Aug 19, 2013
wink
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Ken4Christ: 2:51am On Aug 19, 2013
We seem to have deviated from the original question Is the the Christian God and Muslim God One. From most of the post I have read, most of us agree that they cannot be the same God. The question I think should follow is - Which God is the true God and which one is impersonating?

You know a tree by it's fruit. The man who spearheaded Islam - Mohamed clearly revealed the kind of God he is proclaiming.First he lived a very immoral life. He married a total of 16 wives, had two concubines and four lovers.

Here are their names;

Muhammad's 22 Women:
Muhammad's 16 Wives:
1. Khadija 2. Sawda 3. Aesha 4. Omm Salama
5. Halsa 6. Zaynab (of Jahsh) 7. Jowayriyi 8. Omm Habiba
9. Safiya 10. Maymuna (of Hareth) 11. Fatema 12. Hend
13. Asma (of Saba) 14. Zaynab (of Khozayma) 15. Habla 16. Asma (of Noman)
Muhammad's 2 concubines/slaves:
1. Mary (the Christian)
2. Rayhana
Muhammad's 4 devoted followers who who "gave" themselves to satisfy Muhammad's sexual desires.
1. Omm Sharik
2. Maymuna
3. Zaynab (a third one)
4. Khawla
Zaynab of Jahsh was originally Muhammad's adopted son Zaid's wife. The fact that Muhammad took her for himself has been problematic to many people, Muslims included. (God does not break His Own Word and He never changes His mind. Now read Sura 33:36-38).

The very life of Mohammed reveals the God he is proclaiming.

In contrast, Jesus who laid the foundation for the Church lived a sinless life.

If Mohammed is truly sent by God, he should bring hope of salvation to his followers. His statement he made in the Qur'an point to the fact that his followers are hopeless. He himself is not sure of his own destiny.
I am no bringer of new-fangled doctrine among the messengers, nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I follow but that which is revealed to me by inspiration; I am but a Warner open and clear."Sura 46 verse 9

In contrast, Jesus was sure of where he came from and where his followers will go. There is hope of salvation in Christ.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. (John 14:1-3)

Lastly, Mohammed is dead but Jesus is alive forevermore.

Let no man deceive you. "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (1 Timothy 2:5)

Judge for yourself, which God is the true God and which one is impersonating?

4 Likes

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tbaba1234: 3:02am On Aug 19, 2013
^ Lol, easy with the lies...
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by waldigit: 3:25am On Aug 19, 2013
In addition to the above let this be known to our muslim brothers and others in the house that we belief in the bible not because of what is written therein but because of the evidence of what is written therein. The taste of the pudding is the eating thereof. I am actually on my kneels as I am typing this, surrender your life to Jesus Christ. Don't mind the christians or anybody that has been discouraging you.This may be the last chance. There is no big deal I struggle against this truth for long myself, but the bitter truth is you just can't do anything against the TRUTH.The evidence of the Lordship of Jesus Christ is too overwhelming to deny. Bikon, dwhala,ejoo, I beg u.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 6:03am On Aug 19, 2013
Ken4Christ: We seem to have deviated from the original question Is the the Christian God and Muslim God One. From most of the post I have read, most of us agree that they cannot be the same God. The question I think should follow is - Which God is the true God and which one is impersonating?

You know a tree by it's fruit. The man who spearheaded Islam - Mohamed clearly revealed the kind of God he is proclaiming.First he lived a very immoral life. He married a total of 16 wives, had two concubines and four lovers.

Here are their names;

Muhammad's 22 Women:
Muhammad's 16 Wives:
1. Khadija 2. Sawda 3. Aesha 4. Omm Salama
5. Halsa 6. Zaynab (of Jahsh) 7. Jowayriyi 8. Omm Habiba
9. Safiya 10. Maymuna (of Hareth) 11. Fatema 12. Hend
13. Asma (of Saba) 14. Zaynab (of Khozayma) 15. Habla 16. Asma (of Noman)
Muhammad's 2 concubines/slaves:
1. Mary (the Christian)
2. Rayhana
Muhammad's 4 devoted followers who who "gave" themselves to satisfy Muhammad's sexual desires.
1. Omm Sharik
2. Maymuna
3. Zaynab (a third one)
4. Khawla
Zaynab of Jahsh was originally Muhammad's adopted son Zaid's wife. The fact that Muhammad took her for himself has been problematic to many people, Muslims included. (God does not break His Own Word and He never changes His mind. Now read Sura 33:36-38).

The very life of Mohammed reveals the God he is proclaiming.

In contrast, Jesus who laid the foundation for the Church lived a sinless life.

If Mohammed is truly sent by God, he should bring hope of salvation to his followers. His statement he made in the Qur'an point to the fact that his followers are hopeless. He himself is not sure of his own destiny.
I am no bringer of new-fangled doctrine among the messengers, nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I follow but that which is revealed to me by inspiration; I am but a Warner open and clear."Sura 46 verse 9

In contrast, Jesus was sure of where he came from and where his followers will go. There is hope of salvation in Christ.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. (John 14:1-3)

Lastly, Mohammed is dead but Jesus is alive forevermore.

Let no man deceive you. "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (1 Timothy 2:5)

Judge for yourself, which God is the true God and which one is impersonating?
excellent @Op! Jesus also said in John 14:6 that; "I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH and THE LIFE: no man cometh unto the Father but by me". (Note the definite article used with Way, Truth and Life).
Man has (in his quest for God) created several WAYs, (what he calls) Truths and Life (a consciousness or awareness of the supernatural with which is attached fear or reverence in worship) but Jesus The Christ is saying here: "Hey! Quit your search, I am The Way, The Truth and The Life you seek!"
I pray that the Lord opens the eyes of understanding of whoever stumbles upon this thread in Jesus' Name! Amen!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Catholism Is False Religion!!! / Muslims Rape 9 Year Old Girls And Then Pray To Allah / Stop Joking With Hell Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.