Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ (194323 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by noetic2: 4:43pm On Jul 06, 2009
tkb417:

nothin o! Just that i love looking out for those curves that are always very visible in the 'Sutana'. Is that how its spelt?
LOL!!!
tkb417:

and what are u suffering from?
satanic spell of the highest order!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by tkb417(m): 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2009
@^ Oloshi mmmssshhheeewwwwwww(hiiisssss)
oponu ara samaria
who dey follow u talk?
awon olumba olumba

u berra repent ur u go burn like rat
monkey grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by nethacker(m): 4:58pm On Jul 06, 2009
tkb417:

oponu ara samaria
who dey follow u talk?
awon olumba olumba

u berra repent ur u go burn like rat
monkey grin grin grin
Sorry ooo grin person wey go see heaven grin shocked
we(celestians) find that the very things that we get criticized for, which is usually being different and just doing our own thing and just being original,is the very thing that's making us successful.”Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.“A critic is someone who never actually goes to the battle, yet who afterwards comes out shooting the wounded”
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by tkb417(m): 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2009
Sorry ooo person wey go see heaven
we(celestians) find that the very things that we get criticized for, which is usually being different and just doing our own thing and just being original,is the very thing that's making us successful.”Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.“A critic is someone who never actually goes to the battle, yet who afterwards comes out shooting the wounded”
ol boi
show me where i attacked the Celestians abi what do u call urself?
i said i love it when i see those curves in ur sutana.
thts it

free me o grin
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by nethacker(m): 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2009
tkb417:

ol boi
show me where i attacked the Celestians abi what do u call urself?
i said i love it when i see those curves in ur sutana.
thts it

free me o grin
u no love worship shocked na curves u dey love shocked grin . na wetin ur own religion teach u b dat. u r free but some of them BAD grin
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by tkb417(m): 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2009
u no love worship na curves u dey love . na wetin ur own religion teach u b dat. u r free but some of them BAD
haba
i love the songs too
Baba Ara used to be one of the best!!

But dont try the gurls! Sumptuous!!!!!!
anything wrong in appreciating nature?
No way bros.

cele gurls are the kokolets grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by nethacker(m): 5:35pm On Jul 06, 2009
tkb417:

haba
i love the songs too
Baba Ara used to be one of the best!!

But dont try the gurls! Sumptuous!!!!!!
anything wrong in appreciating nature?
No way bros.

cele gurls are the kokolets grin
na ur own perception abt cele b dat? shocked na wa ooo grin
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by jagunlabi(m): 5:43pm On Jul 06, 2009
-The services are too damn loooong!Ki lo de! shocked

But their songs are unbeatable.Absolutely legendary. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by tkb417(m): 6:40pm On Jul 06, 2009
The services are too damn loooong!Ki lo de!

But their songs are unbeatable.Absolutely legendary.

yeah i agree, cele choir are usually off the hook
u need to see how those gurls shake their things while dancing

cant go to cele or na hell fire cos i wont concentrate grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by babymi2(f): 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2009
pple dat attend dis church always feel proud as if they more than God. i ve a friend dat worship in dis church any little thing she will said she's nt afraid of any body. she always feel on top of d world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by nethacker(m): 7:37am On Jul 07, 2009
baby-mi:

pple dat attend dis church always feel proud as if they more than God. i ve a friend dat worship in dis church any little thing she will said she's nt afraid of any body. she always feel on top of d world.
Does her NOT being scared of anybody means that she is proud shocked . My dear we all hv reasons for our perceptions okay?? so stop saying that. Were u taught to be afraid of ur enemies or u were taught hw to neutralise their malicious attack whenever its projected. Na wa for u oooo.

2 Likes

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by skillip(m): 12:59pm On Jul 07, 2009
There's no doubt we just cant exhaust this cele talk even in all ages provided we have breath in our nostrils, as for me i just would not go there for all the oil in naija delta i just have this sheer disgust for this sect(pardon me), its either they are doing 1 'ishe' or checking your future to see what will be and this cuts across other religion it's only God alone that knows all and no other person, too much fetish practise. I am not a saint if i should say but i 'l never be a party to this till i drop dead and i know God 'l never order my steps in that direction,also i can never ever ever date or marry a white garment person(cele,k&s,c&s,etc) for any reason.
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by Duroe: 2:02pm On Jul 07, 2009
The church I grew up to know was Celestial Church. I was an ardent member as young asI was then until I was 19years old. I was loved by my Shepherd then. I was thought how tolead the service before I was 10years old and also ministering on the pulpit as a teanager. I read the constitution of the Church that my mum bought from Ajase and I used to be the one that will put candle or egg or coconut in 3 way junction in my village after prayer.

The problem with Celestial church is like what many other churches. But uniquely there many unscriptural practices which unfortunately has been in the 'foundation' of Cele.
1. The name means church of Christ brought from heaven- but Christ is building His church on the earth and taking it to heaven not the other way round.
2. Praying like Jehovah, Jeus Christ, Holy Michael, is usustituting an Angel for the Holy Spirit- a wrong form of 'trinity', also bible forbids praying to or with any angel's name.
3. Many rituals like when one is joining the church, after menstruation ans childbirth while they're not been exactly practiced according to old testament, they are completely unscriptural in that under grace, they wants to be keeping the 'law'
4. Several rituals like using some materials- eggs, candle etc while laying the foundation of church buildings are unscriptural
5. All the practices of praying with candles, palm front, crosses and holding or hanging them in cars or houses like amulets are unscriptural
6. Most of these practices are among several usually presrcibed by the 'spirit' through the prophets and prophetesses- is this spirit the Holy Spirit that inspired the Bible?
7. Most so called prophets are sinners - involved in fornications and adultery etc- and one of the songs said- ' even a small sin cannot approach God' so which 'god' has the spirit using these sinful prophets?

The problem is not the white garment or not wearing shoes but these fundamental issues that clearly make Celestial church one of the most heretical group which if one is a dedicated member practicing 'christianity' as been laid down is sure of not going to heaven at the end of the day. While I acknowledge that on the pulpits every sundays annopuncements are made about morals as pertaining to outward appearance (from which many pentecostals are found wanting), yet no self righteousness could be an acceptable substitute for the vicarious death of Our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ as a means of salvation.

9 Likes

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by Duroe: 2:08pm On Jul 07, 2009
It may be dangerous for you to leave Celestial church (Iam not sure of what obtain nowadays) if you are not 'born again' because the 'spirit' in charge of that organization will take you thropugh difficult times except you take refuge under the power of the Almighty God. This is very important especially if you have been deeply involved in the various practices.
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by nethacker(m): 2:39pm On Jul 07, 2009
Duroe:

It may be dangerous for you to leave Celestial church (Iam not sure of what obtain nowadays) if you are not 'born again' because the 'spirit' in charge of that organization will take you thropugh difficult times except you take refuge under the power of the Almighty God. This is very important especially if you have been deeply involved in the various practices.
Big Lie shocked u can lave if u wnt to
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by timmy7(m): 5:44pm On Jul 07, 2009
Na big lie. I was born and christened there and i left easily with no spirit attacking me. I left on my own conviction when i got my independence smiley
what i can only say abt d church is that the way God deals with his vessels differ,d founder operates based on his undastanding when he got d revelation, he wasnt literate in d 9ja context,a capenter with benin(port novo)
and yoruba origin,i believe most of what he introduced 4 spiritual work r what is available in his time and he believe in symbolic proverb. So when u r asked to bring coconut 4 instance,it is symbolic for ''ise iyanu'' since nobody can explain how water got into d coconut just lyk d hymn 526 grin like wise d palm frond (ida isegun) means sword 4 ''ise isegun'' spiritual warfare infact he dwells much on d OT. So in response to duroe, 1. Ur interpretation of d name is faulty,what can u say abt ''redeemed christian church of God'' 2. Pardon the old man 4 ignorance in this case grin 3.some OT practices he dwells on,God cannot charge in for that nw

1 Like

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by timmy7(m): 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2009
On ur 4th point am nt aware they use those stuff when laying foundation,u must av read that from ''iwe ilana'' grin grin d 5th point i dont believe in praying with those stuff too bt when they hang it in their car or house, i believe it is more like an identity thing just like a redeemer hangs rccg customised air freshner in his car-i even heard a testimony of how somebody who hanged such ''unscriptural'' thing in his car and was delivered from car snatchers when they saw the pix of Pastor Adeboye on d thing grin - but those things work 4 them can u explain that 6. The spirit reveals d situation but are lead to prescribed ''ise'' based on scenario and experience, as 4 d 7th point it is subjective just as we av many fake pastors and prophet deceiving pple today. My issue with d chuch is just over dependence on these ''ise'' whc doesnt give room 4 spiritual self development
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by GEW: 6:14pm On Jul 07, 2009
if na oyinbo get cele inigerians will be rushing there.
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by nethacker(m): 8:33am On Jul 08, 2009
timmy7:

On ur 4th point am nt aware they use those stuff when laying foundation,u must av read that from ''iwe ilana'' grin grin d 5th point i dont believe in praying with those stuff too bt when they hang it in their car or house, i believe it is more like an identity thing just like a redeemer hangs rccg customised air freshner in his car-i even heard a testimony of how somebody who hanged such ''unscriptural'' thing in his car and was delivered from car snatchers when they saw the pix of Pastor Adeboye on d thing grin - but those things work 4 them can u explain that 6. The spirit reveals d situation but are lead to prescribed ''ise'' based on scenario and experience, as 4 d 7th point it is subjective just as we av many fake pastors and prophet deceiving pple today. My issue with d chuch is just over dependence on these ''ise'' whc doesnt give room 4 spiritual self development
hmmmm.oro kabiti and oro gbangba grin u hv spoken well but i dont rely on "ise" for anything cos i fast n pray n i dont look for sudden miracles grin

GEW:

if na oyinbo get cele inigerians will be rushing there.
Nice one there.INTELLIGENT !!!! Them no see anything talk abt Synagogue
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by yommyuk: 3:33am On Jul 11, 2009
Dear brethen,

I have been reading some of the writeups on this thread and my view is most have valid points while some are ignorant to the facts.
My advice/suggestion to anyone who thinks CCC is not real, do this

1. Go and attend the church with an open mind on a friday service between 7pm and 9pm (This service is called power day service)
2. Before u go pray and fast and let the spirit direct u to the appropriate church. ask God to reveal himself to you concerning CCC
- Prov 5:21 & 1  John 3:10 - says God knows all things and nothing is hidden from him. God who knows what is your heart will deal
with it accordingly. However John 4:24 , Luke 24:39 says God is spirit - so  before u embark on your journery, eradicate every
fleshly, canal, and critical thoughts. Go with a clear mind.
Hebrew 1:1-2 In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe

I am 1000% sure you will see the power and revelation of the Lord's mighty feet in CCC. Mark my word. wink

1 Like

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by Lady2(f): 5:23am On Jul 11, 2009
@ Poster

I know the one in Stone Mountain on Memorial Drive, it's close to where I live. The pastor there is Pastor Bayo. Funny guy.
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by yommyuk: 5:49am On Aug 09, 2009
If you believe in the bible and you know that God does not lie - Here u go

1 COR 12:4-6

There are different kinds of gifts, but the same spirit. There are different kinds of services, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working
but the same God works all of them in all men

2 Peter 1:19-21
19And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 20Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. 21For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

Mark 9:38 -40
38"Teacher," said John, "we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us."
39"Do not stop him," Jesus said. "No one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, 40for whoever is not against us is for us

Here I rest my case for today's sabbath day.
I will be back cool
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 09, 2009
1)-cele is bad cuz they force their members to walk around the whole place with bare feet like clifford orji.lol

1 Like

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:33pm On Aug 09, 2009
[size=13pt]Funny  grin  cheesy[/size]
Neptunz:

1)-cele is bad cuz they force their members to walk around the whole place with bare feet like clifford orji.lol
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by Marlbron: 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2009
People should stop saying what is wrong with this church or this faith and concentrate on living a life without sin, loving their fellow man as themselves. When the kingdom comes, it would not be according to your church. You will be chosen by your works, so church or Religion are all carnal and man made. What church did Jesus Christ open? he taught in Synagogues and preached openly about the kingdom of God.

No matter I would comment generally on assignments as it is not only practiced by cele but a lot of Christian and moslem groups as well as native doctors. These are all old teachings. the teachings of Moses. That teaching is also relied upon by secret cults. Make no mistake, they can work and set you free, but if it is not in line with the will of God, you invite more problems to yourselve. This is because they use spirits and angels who then are manipulated to achieve an aim. Note that they have lmitations , the do not compare with the power of God Almighty. For instance, that marriage you contracted by taking his picture for asignment may work initially but their is expiry date! People fail to appreciate that trials and tribulations are part and parcel of knowing him an in a bid to get out of trials, many unknowingly are given witchcraft in the name of assignment.

What greater assignment is greater than a man who laid his life for you? Practise his words and see if you will not overcome!
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by Joagbaje(m): 11:53am On Nov 16, 2009
The problem with CELESTIAL CHURCH started with OSCHOFFA the late founder. He allowed ungodly practices which became foundations and are now hard to change. especially after his death .I believe he was called of God, most Pentecostals may not agree with me, but hear me out.
In the days of the emergence of Cele, Africa was a dark continent and a den of idolatry practices . God needed a counter power. He began to call ordinary men. Farmers ,carpenters etc. Oschoffa was called in a spectacular way, with proof and mighty signs , He raised dead to life, Healed the sick. That was the best God could get from Africa .Many people were converted from idolatry to the church or to “Christ” but people soon began to desire physical things to put their faith on. So the church allowed “parallel truths” replica of truth and idolatry. Candle and eggs to replace animal sacrifice, incense and all to replace ritualistic worship, water cleansing to replace ritualistic bath. palm front crosses to replace chrm and armulet. Rules and laws like "touch not taste not." These were comfortable for the people of those days considering their background it wasn’t uncommon. The church began to build on suggestions, “inspiration, revelation and prophesy, There was a time of hope in the 60s when they used to have some bible classes, you must have your class card to be anointed , but all that stopped.
Whenever truth is rejected ,men go after false value, like Aaron building “golden calf” in the days of Moses, Roman catholism too was born by the introduction of roman idols, and chaplets into the church,
The word of God is our guide and judge. A man of God has to study the gospel to be sound. Miracles cant teach you the bible. Even prophecies are to be judged by the word, not by feeling or experience.
2 Tim. 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
You judge visions, you judge doctrines and discern by the word.

Galatians 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

1 Cor. 14:29 says “ Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge”.
It is not everything Oschoffa received that was inspired by God. But anything goes where there is no soundness of teaching. In Celestial church there is or was no understanding of the difference between old testament and new. That is why most of the ritualistic deeds have their references in the Old testament laws. Now you may want to quote for me that there was reference to candle in the temple in book of revelation. but you must know that its cetainly npot refering to this wax candle stick made from fat but lampstands which was powered by annointing oil made from olive tree (ex 30:20) but i dont want to go into that now. For example Celes goes barefoot because God told Moses and Joshua to remove their shoe because the ground was holy ground. But jesus that we follow and Paul wore shoes even inside the holy temple. Do you follow Moses experience or Jesus .
Col. 2:20-23
Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, [21] (Touch not; taste not; handle not; [22] Which all are to perish with the usingwink after the commandments and doctrines of men? [23] Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.
Many in Cele today don’t understand what salvation is, though many really love God from their hearth but faith comes only by “hearing and hearing by the WORD”,
Paul commended the church that had bible study culture
Acts 17:11
, ” These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
In a nutshell “THE PROBLEM WITH CELESTIAL” is the foundation.
Oschoffa did a great job , he walked faithfully in the little light he had. Tb Joshua had similar call, Orimolade, even the founder of RCCG people not so educated but they gave room to improvement.
The entire structure of CELE has to change, if not ,people will continue in spiritual blindness ready to argue ready to defend and yet remain spiritual babies or even unsaved.

joeagbaje@yahoo.com

2 Likes

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by noetic15(m): 1:01pm On Nov 16, 2009
Joagbaje:

The problem with CELESTIAL CHURCH started with OSCHOFFA the late founder. He allowed ungodly practices which became foundations and are now hard to change. especially after his death .I believe he was called of God, most Pentecostals may not agree with me, but hear me out.
In the days of the emergence of Cele, Africa was a dark continent and a den of idolatry practices . God needed a counter power. He began to call ordinary men. Farmers ,carpenters etc. Oschoffa was called in a spectacular way, with proof and mighty signs , He raised dead to life, Healed the sick. That was the best God could get from Africa .Many people were converted from idolatry to the church or to “Christ” but people soon began to desire physical things to put their faith on. So the church allowed “parallel truths” replica of truth and idolatry. Candle and eggs to replace animal sacrifice, incense and all to replace ritualistic worship, water cleansing to replace ritualistic bath. palm front crosses to replace chrm and armulet. Rules and laws like "touch not taste not." These were comfortable for the people of those days considering their background it wasn’t uncommon. The church began to build on suggestions, “inspiration, revelation and prophesy, There was a time of hope in the 60s when they used to have some bible classes, you must have your class card to be anointed , but all that stopped.
Whenever truth is rejected ,men go after false value, like Aaron building “golden calf” in the days of Moses, Roman catholism too was born by the introduction of roman idols, and chaplets into the church,
The word of God is our guide and judge. A man of God has to study the gospel to be sound. Miracles cant teach you the bible. Even prophecies are to be judged by the word, not by feeling or experience.

The above is pure lies and fantasies. . . , otherwise what is the basis of ur assertions?. . the source of ur misinformation?
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 16, 2009
so noetic is a cele man,shio
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by noetic15(m): 1:07am On Nov 17, 2009
uplawal:

so noetic is a cele man,shio

grin grin grin

no be u give me sutana . . . . I laugh in arabic grin grin grin
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by olabowale(m): 1:15am On Nov 17, 2009
So your suntana, noetic must be like that of kaaruna of Pharaohic Egypt, flowing, dragging collecting floor an ground dusts since you are not allowed to wear shoes, hard foot sole. No?
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by noetic15(m): 1:18am On Nov 17, 2009
grin grin yes and its lovely. . , its actually better than ninja looking hijab that women wear to mosques.

at least one can breathe in a sutana grin

1 Like

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by olabowale(m): 1:35am On Nov 17, 2009
The Medical Doctors wear the Ninja thingy. No? Noetic, ma man, I didnt know. Now I see eveything clearly.

You know as i read the dialogues of the many sects of Kufr Christianity, I wonder if any of you believe the other will enter "heaven" since you dont deal in Paradise?

Very many roads lead to Christoan God, as long as they call themselves "Christians", regardless of what they thing Jesus is, in addition to him being a prophet, Messenger! Some believe he is son, other believe he is God, yet other believe like the Unitarians that he is just messenger prophet neither God nor Son!

Aburo O je jawo juro ni nu apon ti ko yoo, ko damila kaa noo!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.