Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,603 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? (20535 Views)

Poll: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency?

I'll support him: 91% (126 votes)
I won't support him: 8% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Babatunde Fashola And Donald Duke For President / Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 / PDP Pencils In Yar’adua, Duke For Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by nilla(f): 2:03pm On Nov 12, 2006
otokx:

have you guys seen the crown prince arising from the northwest?

who is that?
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by otokx(m): 2:07pm On Nov 12, 2006
check out www.thisdayonline.com today for an except on the yar adua connection.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by nilla(f): 2:12pm On Nov 12, 2006
Yar'Adua, has been governor of Katsina State since 29 May 1999. Gradually toeing the firebrand political line of his late brother, Umaru Yar'Adua, the Katsina State chief executive's profile is believed to be on the upswing.
His father Mallam Musa Yar’Adua, was the first minister of Lagos Affairs in the First Republic. He was also Mutawallen Katsina.
In 2000, Katsina under his command became the fifth state in Nigeria to formally adopt the Sharia code. In 2002, he was turbaned the Mutawallen Katsina, (custodian of treasury in the Katsina Emirate Council), a post held by his father who died in 1993.

quote from the link

Hmmm. He should not impose sharia code on all of Nigeria sha.
But this is Donald Duke's thread so no Yar'Adua in here  grin
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by otokx(m): 2:22pm On Nov 12, 2006
yeah its donald duke's thread
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by nilla(f): 2:28pm On Nov 12, 2006
;d
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by cabali(m): 2:32pm On Nov 12, 2006
we dont need any other here
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by celemel(m): 2:37pm On Nov 12, 2006
IBB is a thief; a murderer; a robber.  Lets not dissipate our energies on an IBB candidacy.  If PDP tries it, they would have hot wild fire to contend with.  A million and one Big B1's would never pull the power to bring IBB back on stage.  We all forced him to 'step aside', and if he thinks we are dead, then he is dead wrong.  He will meet his waterloo.  We leave it at that for now, and watch out.

I have always admired Pat Utomi.  He is a fine gentleman, but can someone please point to his best achievement in leadership apart from hosting the Patito's Gang?  Leaders must first pass through the crucible of real politik at any level before they aspire for the top job.  History has never produced a good president who started out as a green-horn.  Pat should first aspire to lead his home state - Edo - so that he can taste the real workings of constitutional democracy before getting himself into the race for the top job.  We need to guage his achievements in political position, and compare it with others.  Since he has never held any elective political position before, it is very hard to convice a lot of people that he would be capable of handling the exalted office of President.  Let him start from somewhere.  Same goes for Chris Okotie.

Finally on Donald Duke, I must confess that my heart bleeds, each time my fellow compatroits continue to allow sentiments over-cloud their sense of judgement.  Some forum members have tended to tar the image of Donald Duke with the brush of tribalism.  I strongly beg to disagree.  I am a living proof of the guys detribalized nature.  I (from Akwa Ibom) am in charge of the IT unit of a Cross River State government owned parastatal.  I recall that Larry Esin, (also indigene of Akwa Ibom) was the chief executive officer of the Cross River State Tourism Bureau for many years.  These are just few examples of what Donald Duke stands for.  He likes excellence.  He gets the best hands to do the job, irrespective of tribe, religion, etc.   Jeta Amata, who produced Amazing Grace is not an indigene of Cross River State, eventhough the project was wholly sponsored by the state govt.  Obudu Ranch Resort is not managed by Cross Riverians.  I can go on and on and on to name instances where Donald Duke has bended over backwards to bring the best hands around the globe, to get jobs done.

We should not look for cobwebs in Donald Dukes's bedroom just because we stereotypically want to give him a bad name.  The guy is not an angel, he has his flaws like most humans do, but I insist that he is the best choice that we have in the pack of all the people angling to succeed uncle Sege.  He deserves our support and encouragement.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by streetcyph: 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2006
i am yet to see anyone respond to my claim,

i am in support of duke, but guys, like i said, he is a minority!

naija is not gonnna vote in a minority. the next president is from the north/south-south.

if the north gets president, duke becomes vice presidential candidate

if the south-south gets president, the north becomes vice presidential candidate

interestingly, you guys have also failed to mention one thing, who does the south-west support? in this election, whoever has the south-west support has a big swing of votes

VERY RELIABLE sources are telling me duke does not have the south-west's consensus support; they are leaning more towards a northern candidate than a southern one,

politics, very interseting
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by Revolution: 5:39pm On Nov 12, 2006
Streetcyph, I don't understand your point. Duke is from the South-South so if you are saying the North or the South-South will get the presidency then that means Duke could become president. The whole of the south-south are minorities so you are contradicting yourself.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by celemel(m): 8:07pm On Nov 12, 2006
@ Streetcyph

Your fears about minority and south-west are genuine.  I however feel that at this point in our nations's history, we don't really need to see ourselves in the narrow prism of artificial boundaries.  The different divides of north, south, east and west are peopled by human beings like you and I.  There is never a point in our political history in which any segment of our population met to decide on who to vote for or support.  rather, different people have different reasons for supporting different candidates.  In 1992, MKO Abiola (A MUSLIM) paired up with Baba Gana Kingibe (ANOTHER MUSLIM) to fly the tickets of the then SDP.  They won overwhelmingly in all the zones of the country. They even won in Kano, ehere Tofa (NRC candidate) came from! When quality candidates are presented to the voting public, artificial parochial divisions fade into nothingness.  In every corner of Nigeria right now, Donald Duke is preferred to all other contenders, even when we are aware, he is from the minority.

Also, there is a fact you must know.  Donald Duke is from the minority part of Cross River State.  The Efiks are found in just 5 LGA's out of 18 in CRS and Don is Efik.  In 1999, no one gave him a chance against the more popular, more exposed, more well-known Kanu Agabi who was tipped to become the next gov of CRS.  Don arrived from nowhere and clinched the seat.  It proved even the most liberal bookmaker wrong as everybody had concluded that Agabi is the next governor.  The rest as they say, is history.

A good product sells, no matter where the seller is located.  For now, I see Donald Duke as the next big thing in Nigeria.  Mark my words!
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by BigB11(m): 2:04am On Nov 13, 2006
In my country, majority carries the vote.

Calm down folks, there is no need to get out of control as yet. Save it for later.

Mark it down, we are all going to jubilate together come 2007.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by henry007(m): 2:17am On Nov 13, 2006
d only thing i can say is dat donald is too much of a neophyte and dats not wot we want. entertainment is not all and all. 4 those freaks out there who want 2 vote 4 him i'll say u beta think twice
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by BigB11(m): 2:29am On Nov 13, 2006
Henry I totally feel you and I see your point.

Mr Duke is a fine man, but I can not see the fire, the desire and the determination of a leader. He definitely needs time to develop.

It is simple, I rather be led by the evil I know rather than a toothless boy scout.

I'm still learning more and more everyday about Mr. Duke and I'm impressed, I must admit. But my main man still happens to be IBB. He's stronger, experienced, intelligent, determined, focused and has no reason to fail.

I will give him a chance to redeem himself. I see a better Nigeria around the corner.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by henry007(m): 2:34am On Nov 13, 2006
Ibb , wot we can only say r speculations because iono wots on his mind, whether to regain all the money lost through the cost of whatever he went through after his tenure but i'm sure that if he's willin 2 change nigeria, nothing can stop him. i have alot 2 say about some oda candidates who are moreorless unqualified but let me stop at this. IBB has the well wid all full stop.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by stanech: 6:43am On Nov 13, 2006
Well Ibb or Itt or what ever you call his name will not rule this country and sensible young men Like me are saying no to a corrupt government. Duke is all we want.!!!

Ibb may not run the PDP primary
http://odili.net/news/source/2006/nov/12/550.html

and any party that brings IBB as their Flagbearer will surely fall.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by celemel(m): 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2006
Whats makes a strong man? His face? Or looks? Or ability to suck innocent blood like IBB? What on earth is your yardstick for measuring strength? Who told you IBB is 'focused'? If he is tht strong, why did he run away the last time? Why did he step aside? Why? Why didn't he stay on and take the heat, after annulling June 12? Did he show any strength in that?

For whatever you refer to as fire and desire and determination, I presume you have not followed the antecedents of Donald Duke. If you did, you would not shamelessly say that you prefer IBB to Duke! It is a big shame to my generation for anybody to still stand in the open and support an idiot of IBB's mould. You refer to Duke as a 'toothless boy scout'? Must you be a blood sucker, so that you can be seen as a 'toothfull man eater'? Come on guys, Wole Soyinka once said that a tiger does not need to prove its tigretude. A president doesn't need to look as haggard, rough, old, mannerless and bushy as IBB or OBJ before we can vote for him; or before he makes a good president. If Henry and Big B1 belong to this generation then am sorry for all of us.

But, Nigeria would be great again; we shall definitely rise above the level of IBB & co. No amaount of grandstanding by a million faceless IBB supporters would stand in the way of 230 million nigerians. Duke is the guy we can rely on.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by otokx(m): 5:51pm On Nov 13, 2006
is BigB1 a faceless guy?
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by nilla(f): 6:36pm On Nov 13, 2006
i don't know why some peeps keep mentioning IBB.
He had his chance and he blew it.
there are 100+ million Nigerians that should be given a chance.
thats the end of the story.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by BigB11(m): 6:39pm On Nov 13, 2006
OTOKX: why do you want to see my face? Are you looking for a partner?
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by kellybaba(m): 12:22pm On Nov 16, 2006
@toshman.

Bros,d man has TRANSFORMED' Calabar ooo and indeed Cross River State ! i cant biliv dis was d same place i left in 1999 whn i left UNICAL.

The most butiful aspect of this youngman that trips me is that in all of these he is not loud-mouthed ! very humble and working.His Action is what is spaking for him now !

He is my idea of a Leader and a President! My Fear really is that He may remain a Presido that dis Country may neva have ! But God will not allow !
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by symbad(m): 10:29pm On Nov 17, 2006
Building Trust

Greatest Nigeria!!! A nation filled with loving promises. Nigeria is a blessed nation filled with so many resources that if well harnessed, could feed the nation for the next century. So much promises r made, so much r broken. Should we because of the failures of past and present leaders, shy away from the truth? Everything that befalls humanity is dependent on that which they weave for themselves. Nothing happens by chance. Where do we start from? Should we blame others for our failures? That is peculiar to most individuals. Nigeria is what it is now because of that which we have sown through our thoughts, words and deeds. If we start sowing loving thoughts, expressing uplifting words and enacting useful deeds, then we should be sure of a happy and joyful return. We should start to express beauty in all that we do. Great is the return of the activity of a loving hand. Leadership and followership must swing in harmony for a nation to strive aright. It is said that a good citizen is the greatest asset any nation can have. Nigeria is filled with good citizens. I employ you who seek a dedicated leader, one that will stand the test of time, one ready to face all odds, and make our nation great to examine keenly the activities of His Excellency, Mr. Donald Duke, Cross River state Governor and tell me if he doesn’t meet all that we seek of a Leader; one ready to serve. Let us not be calculative in our decisions. Let us not look at what we will benefit but what the nation has to gain. Let’s give him our mandate. “Mr. Donald Duke for President”

Yours sincerely,
Mighty Itauma

N.B. Big B1, Henry007 could u pls tell me what u stand for? Big B1 u said, "Mr Duke is a fine man, but I can not see the fire, the desire and the determination of a leader. He definitely needs time to develop. It is simple, I rather be led by the evil I know rather than a toothless boy scout". You also said, "I'm still learning more and more everyday about Mr. Duke and I'm impressed, I must admit". Well, i was going to nail you. I guess i'ld be rather lenient by saying that you relfect more on what u publish. "You can't see the determination of a leader" Do you know what Leadership stands for? Do you know what it is to Serve? If you say you can't see, then you might be blind as is activities in last 7years speaks volumes. I'ld like to give u an extra eye to see better.(smile). Henry007, you call Mr. Donald a neophyte? that's very interesting. Do you know the age he was when he became a Commissioner at Cross-River State? Is it until u grow gray hair and the action in u reduces that u should think about taking up sensitive position that will help to enhance the nation? I wish i knew ur age as i would have done some comparison. He's not a neophyte in what he's doing as he needs not attain any degree to be qualified to serve. I'm not contesting Mr. Donald with IBB as there's no base to start with. They r two different human beings well tested u longs to serve Nigeria. One has tested the sit (President) and we all know the end result. The other has tested smthing smaller (Governor) and we know the results too. Let us in this regards now think twice and pray that the best amongst the PDP aspirants wins the primaries.
Celemel and other supporters of Mr. Donald Duke, great contribution. Let us give him our mandate.

It so happens that this will be my 1st post here. happy to be a member.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by symbad(m): 11:05pm On Nov 17, 2006
I forgot to answer Otokx (m) from PH question. You said, "But please is there not smthing wrong perhaps a mistake that this man has done abi is he now a spirit being? We all make mistakes as humans".
There's no man that hasn't made a mistake. When you start radiating that which is beautiful in your activities, no one will see any form of ugliness. It take great effort and that's the struggle we must all undergo. As per being a Spirit Being, I want you to know that we are all Spirit beings as our inner core is Spirit. That make us a spirit being. Our point of origin is Spiritual and there's no cause for alarm. There, the beings work in joyful activities making no mistake to the honour of the Almighty Father. Then you added, "We all make mistakes as humans". Now u create a difference between the Spirit being making no mistake and the Human that makes mistakes. If your analogy is a Spirit Being having no Physical form and a Human Being with a Physical form, then you are right. Here on earth, we take on a physical form and given the opportunity to mature, develop. In that process, we r bound to make mistakes which we learn from to mature.

Mr. Donald Duke 4 Presidency

Itauma
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by BigB11(m): 4:01am On Nov 18, 2006
SYMBAD: you're new to this environment, hence I will advise you to slow down a bit.

Welcome to Nairaland Mansion; this is a place to share, learn and fight.

I hope you're ready.

Enjoy.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by cabali(m): 8:10am On Nov 18, 2006
whatever u mean by that sad
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by otokx(m): 2:10pm On Nov 18, 2006
@BIG B1

na my face wey your face dey fear; face feAR FACE.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by cabali(m): 4:04pm On Nov 18, 2006
No more sense on this thread, oh snap!
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by symbad(m): 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2006
Hello Big B1: Thanks for the warm welcome. I am ever ready.
Otokx and Big B1, take it easy. What’s in about once look. Does it matter here? Please, there are much to share, learn and fight as Big B1 rightly expressed.

http://donaldduke..com/

I’ld like us to also send our comments there. We should also read the thoughts of our beloved leader on national issues.

Mr. Donald Duke for President

Mighty Itauma
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by cabali(m): 6:48am On Nov 19, 2006
The fact is that Duke cannot, I repeat he cannot make it as president! he may eventually be picked for the Vice position
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by nilla(f): 7:47am On Nov 19, 2006
cabali:

The fact is that Duke cannot, I repeat he cannot make it as president! he may eventually be picked for the Vice position

How can he not?
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by cabali(m): 8:05am On Nov 19, 2006
Nigerian politics wont allow it we have loads of old men on the scene and they just wont allow it! IBB is there, buhari, damn!!
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by stanech: 2:40pm On Nov 19, 2006
cabali:

Nigerian politics wont allow it we have loads of old men on the scene and they just wont allow it! IBB is there, buhari, damn!!

Yea but it is not in all case.
We have to come out and vote if 80% of nigerians vote for Duke they can not rig the election I assure you
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by BigB11(m): 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2006
99% of Mr Duke's noise makers know that he's not ready and he can never be the next Nigerian president. And this is also why they're all paranoid.

We all know who will get us there faster.

No need to waste time, this is it and we are ready.

Just Remember this slogan
IBB has a-lot to lose this time around. He's under microscope and he can not afford to mess up. He will utilize all his resources and skill to make things right this time.
The system is corrupt, the culture is corrupt; any other leader apart from IBB (new generation leader or old school) will steal, period.

May God bless Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

EDO2016: Obaseki Family Disowns Pedro, Urge Edo People To Vote Godwin / Benue Must Modify Grazing Law For Peace To Reign – Miyetti Allah / June 12: You’ve declared 1993 election result, Falana tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.